main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Cade Banes Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    what do you think happened to this top bounty hunter.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Still out and about hunting bounties.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably still around along with Aurra Sing. Am curious those two run into Ventress as they kinda made Ventress the Aurra Sing from the comics now.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I agree but will he show up in rebels.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He might at some point.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Not as interesting as the fate of someone who could use the Force.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wish Durge would show up in Rebels, maybe tie a grudge between him and Sabine.

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    They should have him show up in Rebels in an episode entitled 'Cad Bane Lives!'

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I think he's still alive.

10. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    He retired from bounty hunting in order to start his own line of hats.

"The Cad Bane Collection: Fashionable Headgear for the Fashion Conscious Bounty Hunter"

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    He was contradicted out of existence when the EU was contradicted by Disney.

I know TCW is still apart of the new canon, but Bane is an exception.

12. BigStupidJellyfish

BigStupidJellyfish Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2014
    How so?

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm kind of curious too.

Also, welcome to the boards BigStupidJellyfish.

14. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Cad Bane is free and works for Darth Sidious. He worked for Sidious several times in TCW.

15. BigStupidJellyfish

BigStupidJellyfish Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2014
    Thank you :)

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You're very welcome. :) Enjoy you're time here.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think it's just StarWarsFan91's personal thoughts/headcanon speaking.

And regarding that: Just because Disney has erased the previous EU to start a new one doesn't make Cad Bane disappear since he's still an existing canon character and is not an exception (really, why should he be?).

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Its a refernce to does Cad Bane contridict EU thread.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    i entered....i feel so dirty now...but thanks for the warning.

As for Bane....man like that has skills...always work for guys with skills.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ugh, someone, please - for the love of all which is good and Holy, put an apostrophe in that thread title!

V-2 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Sorry I am not good at spelling and Grammar thats why I usually keep my posts short.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    No worries, mate! You certainly don't owe me any explanation (let alone an apology).

Full disclosure time: My post was was actually meant as a humorous (if admittedly, a shade snarky) dig at the mods for not addressing it. :D

But back on-topic:

Personally, I'm very interested in seeing where Lucasfilm takes Cad Bane. He was a terrific original TCW character, and I think a lot of possibilities are potentially in-play for the guy.

Maybe Bane slips up during a job and ends up dead? Unlikely, maybe, but certainly possible.

Or what if Cad Bane simply reaches an age where he is forced to acknowledge his physical limitations? Recognizing that he's lost a step, perhaps Bane takes a look around himself and decides that the time is right to retire to his next act in life, healthy, wealthy and wise? As anti-climactic as it may seem, it's not the worst fate to befall a being in Bane's line of work.

What I find most intriguing, though, is the possibility for Cad Bane's fate to tie into that of Boba Fett.

Unless the Story Group opts to take the character in an altogether different direction -- one which veers dramatically from years of marketing Fett as the galaxy's greatest and most feared bounty hunter -- we can safely assume that, by the time he enters his prime, Boba will be the one wearing the bounty hunting crown.

Which, of course, begs the question, "how is it that someone like Cad Bane (who was shown to be the top bounty hunter in the GFFA during the Clone War) ends up 'second-best,' in the end?"

My first thought was always that Fett simply kills Bane and steps into the role, but that needn't be the answer.

Having been traumatically orphaned at such a young age, it makes all the sense in the world for Boba Fett to look to someone to fill the role of a parental figure in his life. A teacher; a defender and steward, these are things which a young life requires (and - as much as I adore her character - a murderous lunatic like Aurra Sing is not someone who should be entrusted with shepherding, well... anyone).

And if nothing else, Star Wars has revealed itself, time and again, as a story of generations.

So, with these things in mind, I wonder. "what if Cad Bane perhaps desires a successor of his own?" And what if, rather than adversaries, Cad Bane and a young Boba Fett find themselves in an altogether different kind of relationship? A 'family' of a sort?

[​IMG][​IMG]

We all watched as Bane displayed his own brand of honor in the "Rako Hardeen" arc. Cad Bane may kill a being at the drop of a hat (he-he), but the man does live by a certain code. And he's incredibly skilled, to boot.

All things considered, Boba could do (and has done) a lot worse.

Then again, it's entirely possible that these drawings are indicative of what is in no way a familial relationship, but rather a working arrangement between Bane and Fett.

Either way, we have some form of proof that the idea was for the two to be joined together at some point. How this may tie into Cad Bane's ultimate fate? I suppose that's anyone's guess.

I do have the feeling, though, that the fate of these two super bounty hunters will be inexorably linked in the future (maybe in a Boba Fett standalone?).

And as a fan of Bane (and a huge fan of Fett), I feel that this is probably the right move.

TheOneX_Eleazar and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree with this and it would be interesting if he does not die of being killed.