main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cafe Diem Baby: The Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 14, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting that it goes with the red case.

Playing DKCR will probably make you both desire the new game more and simultaneously make you feel like you can wait a little longer to play it. DKCR is awesome but the anger and triumph emotional highs can be taxing.

Also, unlike NSMB, you can never have enough lives in DCKR.

"Some of DKCR's harder moments had us turning the air blue, and we loved it. Can we expect the same level of swear-inducing difficulty this time round?"

"Hah! You bet! You may recall that the original Donkey Kong Country series on the SNES was hard. Very hard! If we were to make Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze easier, it really wouldn't be a Donkey Kong Country game, would it?"

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Those minecart levels....

[​IMG]

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought the mine carts were bad- then came the rocket barrel levels.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The one with that giant bat chasing you was awful. Especially trying to simultaneously avoid crashing into stuff while trying to collect the puzzle pieces and letters. :mad:

I can only imagine the sort of stuff TF has. Like tobogganing or snowboarding.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Rocket barrels are nothing, it's the mine cart levels that are awful.

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I remember back in Donkey Kong Country 3 there was this level where the controls were reversed... that was maddening. Heh, anybody remember the final secret (at least I think it was secret) in DKC3 with that rocket going down then going back up?

Up to the third world in Tropical Freeze, and, well, every level has multiple check points... that says something about how hard this game is. Fortunately, the partners help a lot, as well as their special ability (Diddy's is particularly great for accumulating lives). Also, you get so many banana coins that you can always get more lives if needed. I haven't had to fall back on that yet, fortunately.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Just picked up DKC TF today. Loving it so far but cleared up to the 2nd World. Pretty neat about bringing more of the Kong family back.

I've finished DKCR 100% so I can relate to your pain about those rocket levels and such. Spent 2 hrs and over 40 lives just to clear one level.. that involves lava... (Mind you I was aiming to get all the collectibles in one go.) I love it, hard as hell and glad we got more of it with DKC TF.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm always up for a challenge and it's one of the things I loved about Galaxy 2 -- it was hard but also very rewarding. Like I said, I'll have to give DKCR another try to see if I get that feeling from that game.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There are quite a few games on that list of Indie Games that I am looking forward to trying out.

Also, this happened:
    [​IMG]
    Not to mention Super Mario Kart for the SNES will be released on the Wii U VC around the 27th March.

On a side note… can't stop listening to the music from DKC TF… David Wise and Kenji Yamamoto has hit it out of the park with that soundtrack!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That Blue shell should have been a plush or beanie for people to throw at each other.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Especially during mid-race to throw off their performance… just like in the game :p I guess hard plastic or whichever material it is would be more effective for that.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, "without causing concussions or bodily harm" was implied in my statement ;)

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Good point there. :p Can't do local multiplayer if everyone is knocked out.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Blue shell... oh, the nightmares. Even if I had the money and space, probably wouldn't get the limited edition, though that blue shell does look very nice. The pre-order bonus keychains also look quite nice, might try for those.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe I'm missing something in the currency exchange, but are they really charging $40-$50 extra for the shell?

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm not sure how it is in Europe but games can be expensive in Australia. I just ran a converter and the standard edition is $79.95AU ($72.50 US approx.) and the collector's one with the shell is $99.95AU ($90.60US approx.)

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, that's not so bad then, I think.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On the brighter side of things, Ubisoft has confirmed the Watch Dogs has not been cancelled and that the delay is due to added GamePad features and overcoming issues getting the game to run in the hardware.

No word on release date, but they say it might still come out this year.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is more promising news than just no news about the reason behind the delay. That means it is definitely coming out on the system than silently let go like Aliens: Colonial Marines was on Wii U.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well it's also a very different situation than CM- that game was killed because it was so bad it wasn't worth finishing, not because if the platform.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, this needs to become a thing...

[​IMG]

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I saw a Campbell's commercial on TV this morning that featured this.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "Like explosives, slapstick.. And ********."

TiniTinyTony likes this.