main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cafe Diem Baby: The Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 14, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll confess I got both Shovel Knights. It looks great on a big TV. But the 3D effect on 3DS is also sweet- plus it has a StreetPass feature.

Ultimately it's about which you use more often. It plays the same on both platforms down to the touch screen inventory. I do like the extra screen real estate the Wii U version probably has.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Both are valid points and I do use both consoles often. Hmmmm…. might be best for the Wii U so that the points earned for the Deluxe Digital Promotion can go back into more games.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Like Shovel Knight 3DS! ;)

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Exactly. :p

There is a promo at the moment for the PAL Regions (took this long for it to come out here!) where we get 33% off the price for the 2nd version if you get both. That should work out well.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Amiibo website has gone live.

Which ones will you be taking home?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd ultimately like to collect them all but I'll start with Mario, Link & Samus. I'll also be planning to get multiple Mega Mans next year so that I can repaint a couple into his alt weapon schemes.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I might focus on specific lines like Fire Emblem, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, etc… For a start, I'm thinking of Fox McCloud, Samus and Yoshi. I want to get Link but want to see the figure in person first. Never thought about repainting, I might do that with some.

As we hear about more and more Amiibo support, makes me wonder how it be for Star Fox U. Craft decals? New pilots? Who knows yet.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Be kinda sweet if you could train your Amiibos to fly as your wingmen (and/or rival) with your skill level and style (or, at least, some kind of custom skill set/special abilities/weapons) like in Smash. Sort of an evolution of the Drivatar idea on that XB1 game.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That would be amazing if they go that route. It could change the dynamics of the missions… maybe higher level wingmen unlocks certain objectives and conditions or paths.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Other Amiibo news:

-Meta Knight will be a Best Buy exclusive.
    -Zelda will unlock a weapon with at least a 3 star rating in Hyrule Warriors.
    -Any other Amiibo will unlock a weapon up to three stars, a rupee bonus or a crafting material bonus.
    -Those can be used once a day.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Mario Maker celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Mario.

Legend of Zelda:

kubricklynch likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    SMB3 skins. Sold.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    SMW skins for me too!

Also seems like Star Fox might be further ahead… I wonder when we'd get it.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They confirmed Star Fox U will hit in 2015 AND be out before Zelda. I think we have to assume Zelda hits in Nov of 2015. which means Star Fox is probably going to be a summer or early fall release, if I had to guess.

I'd say we can expect 2015 to look like this for the U:

-Jan-April;: Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Maker.
    -May-August: Splatoon, Star Fox
    -Sept-Nov: Xenoblade, Zelda

kubricklynch likes this.
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That does seem quite likely. I wonder who they've got on board to help with Fox.

November sounds solid for Zelda, like all the previous major releases.

Ahhh… Xenoblade is another I need to get. They have quite a lot of great titles to look forward to.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And I imagine here's probably at least one or two more games that we haven't heard about yet that will fill in some of those gaps too. Oh, and Devil's Third will pad things out as well.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There is also that Fire Emblem X (crossover) Wii U title in development. Codename S.T.E.A.M. is not affecting the development of that title. Wonder if we be getting Wave Race, Animal Crossing, Pilotwings, F-Zero or something else from the other studios.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd honestly be surprised if we got another Wave Race. I don't think there's much demand for it- and the development resources would be better spent on other franchises or new IPs that might draw more people to the Wii U more than Wave Race would.

Then again I've always SUCKED at Wave Race so I might be a bit biased. ;)

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There is more of a demand for F-Zero than Wave Race but we recently got some F-Zero in Mario Kart.

The person behind Wave Race moved onto Animal Crossing so there is a higher chance we'd see that on Wii U than Wave Race. I did enjoy the games though, Wave Race 64 was awesome and I got into that well. The GCN one was gorgeous to look but I found it took me a bit to get used to the handling and the AI is more tougher.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The WR games were lovely but I was terrible at handling the wave physics- the random bounces throwing off your controls just upset all of my racing game instincts and skills.

Maybe they'll mash the series up and we'll get Wave Crossing. ;)

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's those yellow and red markers that you have to swerve to make and if not it is game over and with the handling… yep, I hear you. When you aren't worried about those elements, it can be a joy to play.

Wave Crossing… that could work… maybe a mini game that can be NFC as Amiibo into the game...

22. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Apparently there are rumors that the Fire Emblem/ Shin Megami Tensei crossover has been cancelled unfortunately. Animal Crossing seems likely though and Wave Race would be awesome.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, Wave Race was a deceptively tricky racer but it really nailed the fact you were on a jetski in water.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    And it was fun getting air time and doing stunts off those massive waves and also seeing some marine life.

Back at E3 2014, when they unveiled Codename S.T.E.A.M. Intelligent Systems was asked how Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensi was going and they stated that it is still on schedule but could not say anymore and that the development of S.T.E.A.M. was not affecting it.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like Splatoon may have been moved up! Nintendo is now saying Yoshi, Kirby, STEAM & Splatoon will hit during "the first part of 2015".

Assuming "first part" is sooner than the previously mentioned "Q3", this is good news!