main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cafe Diem Baby: The Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jorus C'Baoth 2882

Jorus C'Baoth 2882 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 18, 2015
    Right, this happened on Tuesday night, where the power light turned yellow and stood that way for a prolonged period of time. There was one last night as well, which was where I saw on the Gamepad that the installation was complete after I turned it on.

The yellow light issue after powering down has been going on for a while now, except it normally only lasted a minute or two. Tuesday and Wednesday were the exceptions to the rule, where the light stood on for a very long time. On Tuesday, I was forced to unplug the system since the light had been on for close to twenty minutes.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Super Mario Maker is going to be GoTY. It's literally going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So this is happening. :D

ThisHurricane and The2ndQuest like this.
  5. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I watched some of the pokken tournament on Twitch today, plan on getting the game. I never did like Tekken though.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally got to fight Ridley & Kraid for the first time in Metroid 1 via Amiibo Tap (because M1 is still hard and scary). Combine that with the actual Metroids, Mother Brain and barriers before the Mother Brain and it seems like everything in that game is s ***damn missile sponge.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nintendo did an info dump of release dates today:

North America:

August:
    -27: Runbow
    30: Disney Infinity 3.0

September:
    -11: Super Mario Maker, Classic Mario amiibo, Wal*Mart Super Mario Maker/Book/Modern Mario amiibo Wii U bundle.
    -15: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Animal Crossing amiibo cards, 3DS NFC reader
    -27: LEGO Dimensions

October:
    -9; Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! (+ amiibo bundle)
    -16: Yoshi's Wooly World (+amiibo bundle), Yarn Yoshi amiibos , NSMBU/NSLU combo game
    -20: Skylanders amibo hybrids and system bundles, Guitar Hero Live, Just Dance
    -22: Fatal Frame (eShop only, doh!)
    -23: LOZ: Triforce Heroes
    -XX: Shovel Knight (both platforms)

November:
    -1: Mii Fighters amiibo 3-pack
    -6: Yo-Kai Watch
    -13: Mewtwo amiibo
    -15: Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo
    -20: Star Fox Zero, Falco amiibo, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

December:
    -4: Xenoblade Chronicles X
    -11: Devil's Third

"Holiday":
    -Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
    -Animal Crossing amiibos (seems a 3-pack may also be available- though the characetrs will all seemingly have single releases too)
    -Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

NOE has also posted the Euro release dates as well.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I just researched what Amiibo Tap was because I hadn't heard of it. I own zero Amiibo so I guess I'm out of luck. It sounds like Remix with the mix which is cool.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah it's a neat freebie retro demo thing. Good way of making Amiibo useful even if you don't have games fully compatible with that particular character

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks for posting that huge list of release dates. I didn't know about the "Wal*Mart Super Mario Maker/Book/Modern Mario amiibo Wii U bundle." but I looked it up and you don't get a physical copy of the game, you get a download code LOL. If I'm not mistaken, the book comes with the physical copies regardless, right?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's my understanding, yeah.

And the bundle was just announced today so that's why you hadn't heard of it.

EDIT- Also that list is mostly 1st/2nd party releases. There are still some 3rd party titles not on there, like Legend of Legacy

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like AC Amiibo Festival, an Amiibo 3-pack (KK, Reese, Cyrus) and the three remaining single AC Amiibos will all hit Nov 13th.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I didnt like SF Zero when I first seen it but this looks cool.

Corellian_Outrider and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That level looked impressive back at E3 during Treehouse Live. Definitely better looking than the trailer footage.

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Argh, looks like Amazon's pre-orders have already sold out. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on that page in case they get more (not likely, Amazon doesn't seem to have the best relationship with Nintendo). If not, off to Gamestop tomorrow and see if its in their system or if they've sold out of preorders (hopefully not) already.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Nobody145, what are you trying to pre-order?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    XCX's SE sold out preorders on Amazon in less than a day.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Goodness, all five of them?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, I possibly should have been following PAX news closer, but in less than 12 hours (probably less) I think the Xenoblade collector's edition was gone on Amazon. And still no page on Gamestop, so who knows (though you'd think Gamestop would get it too, though I expect their supply to run out fast too).

In other news, the regular sized New 3DS is coming stateside. Though I'm honestly not sure if I'll bother with getting a New 3DS. Aside from Xenoblade 3D, not aware of much else that requires the new system, and don't care about Amiibo support on my 3DS. Though there is a really nice looking Zelda New 3DS XL to go with Triforce heroes, now that one is tempting.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I forgot to include it in the list I posted the other day but the rest of that Amiibo wave hits on 9/11 too- and unfortunately Dr Mario is Target exclusive while Bowser Jr is TRU exclusive.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Amiibogeddonmaker (and bonus delivery) victory:

[​IMG]

EDIT- You can access my first SMM level, "Goomba Gauntlet 1.0", via code A97F-0000-001C-9B3D . Only used the initial palette for the most part., but I like how it turned out. It's not easy but not impossible.

Nobody145 and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Excellent with the Amiibo. I don't get why some are exclusive to certain retailers where you are, much better getting them outright at place of choice. I've pretty much set so far with my collection (about 34 at this point in time), just need to get Rob, G&W, Duck Hunt Duo and Falco…. possibly the Mega Yarn Yoshi too but not too fussed as I've got the Green, Blue and Pink normal sized ones. Oh yeah, meant to say for some time now, Yoshi's Woolly World is a lot of fun and so adorable.

After resisting for so long… I caved and picked up Disney Infinity 3.0 with the Twilight of the Republic play set. I am enjoying it so far. Main pull for me is the positive reviews surrounding this version and a chance to play a SW game on the Wii U. Some reason the Rise of the Empire set comes out next month over here but I can wait while I make levels and explore with the current set. I've still barely scratched the surface of what I can do in that game. I need to plan what type of levels I want to make and there are some pretty niffy ones already.

I did pick up this morning SMM with the bundled Art Book and 8-Bit Mario.
    I've tried out your level, that was good fun. I always hold down the dash button when I play Mario and so he picked up a spring and accidentally placed it under a piranha plant and flying Koopa…and launched them even higher, blocking the way. That made it hard on myself to get past :p So far I've been testing out elements like the P-Wing on blocks and springs. Hopefully will get to spend more time on it soon.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ha! I hadn't thought of the effect of the springs on the plants. Though messing with the springs as you can be a good strategy to cut off the flow of chasing Goombas, it's amusing to know that even that can backfire.

As for the retailer exclusives, yeah it sucks. I suppose the point is to drive traffic to a certain retailer to increase the relationship between the companies but it just becomes a chase hassle.

On the upside, there were a LOT of both exclusives at each store (80 of Dr Mario at the Target I went to), which is 2-3x more than what they had for Jigglypuff, so maybe stock situations are improving. Even the rarest (Zero Suit) had 8, which is 2x more than Robin or Lucina from the Jigglypuff wave.