main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cafe Diem Baby: The Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 14, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You can only access them in Wii mode, IIRC.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I get that, but when I go to purchase, it says I need Wii points.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, they're a separate currency from the eShop. It's what the Wii Shop Channel used. You'll have to add points to your account via a credit card.

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, I wound up figuring that out before reading your reply. Thanks.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As was already brought up over in the Switch thread, the Wii U & 3DS eShop will be shutting down a little over a year from now. And the ability to add funds will get cut off starting in May- so load up for anything you need now!

However, they have done a fun Wii U/3DS Memories site to generate your usage stats and share via the #My3DSWiiUMemories hashtag.

Here’s mine:

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Nintendo 3DS: Total Play Time 46 hrs
    Total Titles Played: 6

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - 20 hrs.
    That game came out in 2013. I've definitely played games past 2013, specifically Metroid Samus Returns in 2017. Something is off.

Wii U: Total 383, Titles 15
    Recently, maybe last year, I played Wind Waker HD. It's not on the list at all. Again, something is off. Nintendo needs to mine my data better! :D

Edit: I see they analyzed data from 2011 to 2020, so that explains the Wii U, but not the 3DS.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I guess the question is if you've played them more than 20 hours?

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Update on Wii U & 3DS eShops.

As of March 27, 2023, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:
    • As of May 23, 2022, it is no longer possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
    • As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until March 27, 2023.

Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until March 27, 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

No changes are planned for Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

The changes to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will simultaneously take effect in software on these platforms where it is possible to make purchases, such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, Theme Shop and Nintendo Badge Arcade.

Even after March 27, 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy online play on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I should mention this here; Nintendo fixed the Wii Shop and DSi Shop so that you can re-download previously purchased games.

Jedi Ben, Rew and The2ndQuest like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This is kind of depressing in a way.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    The2ndQuest and Rew like this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

EDIT-

Nintendo having a pretty decent night so far at The Game Awards: Kirby (family game), Splatoon 3 (multiplayer game), Bayonetta 3 (action game) & Zelda (most anticipated game). Xenoblade did lose for music, however (and almost certainly will lose to Elden or GOW for GOTY). Also announced a different genre, stylized spin-off/prequel- Bayonetta Origins: Cerez and the Lost Demon, as well as FE Engage DLC.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    For those intersted, here is what I believe to be a comprehensive list I've put together of the SNES games available on the Wii U VC that are not currently available on NSO SNES. However, I've not included any of the Street Fighter games because I'm pretty sure those all have multiple collection rereleases available. I have noted other games available in the eShop or via SNES mini, however:

-Axelay
    -Castlevania: Dracula X (in Castlevania Advance Collection)
    -Contra III (in Contra Collection)
    -Cybernator (forthcoming as Assault Suits Valken Declassified)
    -Final Fight (arcade version is included in Capcom Beat'Em Up Bundle and Arcade Stadium)
    -Final Fight 2
    -Final Fight 3
    -Genghis Khan II
    -Harvest Moon (on NSO SFC in JP)
    -Legend of the Mystical Ninja
    -Mega Man X (in Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
    -Mega Man X2 (in Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
    -Mega Man X3 (in Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
    -Mega Man 7 (in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2)
    -Metal Marines
    -Nobunaga's Ambition
    -Pac-Attack (in Pac-Man Museum+)
    -Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
    -Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
    -Super Castlevania IV (in Castlevania Anniversary Collection & in SNES Mini)
    -Super Mario RPG (in SNES Mini)
    -Uncharted Waters: New Horizons
    -Vegas Stakes​

Helps prioritize how to use your remaining funds!

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Vegas Stakes. Wow. I might actually get that just for the nostalgia.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    This absolutely mad lad bought every single Nintendo eShop title on both the Wii U and 3DS (including DLC). It cost over $22K to do so. [face_hypnotized]

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn. I allotted about $120 last year and thought that was a lot (but I was also budgeting for Fatal Frame and it turned out I had already bought it). And I still ended up being short on getting all of the unique SNES games (Vegas Stakes can wait ;) ), let alone some of the digital Wii ports like Sin & Punishment 2.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of the Completionist's Youtube content. I'd rather hear more about the game but he gets wordy and braggy.

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wait, you're unhappy that a guy calling himself The Completionist is braggy? It kind of goes with the name.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I used to be a subscriber of his, but he changed the way he does reviews (i.e. completely leaving out game endings) and his humor is a little cheesy for my taste.

But on the whole, he seems like a decent bloke. And I have to give him props for this costly stunt!--which he mainly did to draw attention to the issue of game preservation.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Your Patreon dollars at work.