main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Cake (K/J/J. Sort of. )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smuggler_Shidakis, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Title: Cake
    Author: Smuggler_Shidakis
    Genre: sorta angsty
    Summary: Jaina reflects on her childhood
    Authoress's Note: The title will make sense. Sort of. Thanks to Kat for betaing.

Cake

She misses yesterday.

She misses being a kid. She misses eating cake with her hands and bickering with her brothers. She misses getting into endless trouble and worming her way out with a winning smile at her father.

She remembers the carefree days at the Academy, swimming in the river, lying in the warming sun and watching the clouds. Days when her life was ultimately simple; when her only worries were what machine needed tinkering with and which way to next tease her brother. She misses the small, comfortable room at the Academy on Yavin 4.

She remembers racing down the halls, bare feet slapping against the flagstone, to reach the end of the corridor laughing and gasping for breath. She misses her old life; easy days when everything seemed new and exciting, and she was invincible. Thinking that nothing would ever hurt her.

Almost painfully, she recalls exploring the forests of Yavin 4, climbing the magestic Massassi trees, feeling the sun and wind on her face when she finally broke through the dense foliage.

She misses being a little girl, playing hide-and-seek in the Falcon's engine room. She misses being able to idolize her father, thinking her parents and uncle perfect, infallible.

She misses her innocence.

Everything has changed, now. One of her brothers is gone; the other, utterly changed, so different that sometimes she barely recognizes him. No longer does she view her parents with a child's eyes- in the eyes of a child, her parents can do no wrong. She sees their faults, now, and it's too painful to bear. It breaks her heart to see her father as a graying old man. In her mind, he was always a strong hero, roguish and dashing; he could right any wrong, heal anything, fix anything.

No longer can she slip off to spend a sunny day swimming and watching the clouds go by. Now, her days are filled with paperwork and details and long hours in the simulators. Even flying has lost its excitement. The epiphany she had once felt every time she flew was gone, replaced by a weary determination. Flying meant killing, and as long as she lived, she wanted nothing more than to never kill again.

Except, maybe, to be a child again.

As a young, naive girl, she'd thought she'd never settle. She'd have her one true love, a man with a sly grin, one that could match her taunt for taunt, and no one less.

Why, then, was she settling now?

She loved him, on some level, she knew she did. But... it was as if something was missing, some vaguely empty feeling that made her think that maybe, maybe, he wasn't the right one. This man that she was committing herself to was nothing like the Prince Charming of her youth. In fact, he was quite the opposite, stiff and formal, rarely allowing his personality to show beyond his strict training.

There was no passion in their relationship. If there ever had been, it had faded. There was nothing overtly wrong with him, really.... but there was nothing poignantly, undeniably right about their relationship, either. It simply.... was.

The fitted lace bodice of her wedding dress pinched her sides uncomfortably. Jaina Solo- Jaina Solo Fel, now - stared blankly down at her slice of wedding cake. She took a small, tidy bite with her fork.

And was disgusted with herself.

It was her wedding day. She should have been having a cake war with her husband, not sitting formally at a small table taking neat, careful bites.

With a mischievous glance about her, she dropped her fork and picked up her cake.

Grinning at the green-eyed man beside her, she shoved the slice in his face, only partially getting some in his mouth.

Laughing through his new mask of icing, he picked up his own plate and pressed it into her face. Chunks slipped off her cheeks and onto

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Wow... loved it!

You didn't fool me at the end. [face_not_talking]

3. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Very nice! I liked the title, too! :D

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I DONT UNDERSTAND... CRIES.... DONT GET IT!

5. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Stupid Jaina. :mad:

That was funny, though. It was so serious and almost depressing at the beginning, and then suddenly you see Kyp and Jaina exchanging cake. [face_laugh] Hilarious!

Stupid Jaina, though. Now you're not getting that OTHER kind of cake. Not from Kyp, anyway. Just from stiff, formal, utterly boring Jag. :p

Very nice! I liked!

:D

Den

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, cute. Is there a d'entendre that she's chucking cake at Kyp, not her husband? oooh...Sorry, couldn't resist.

7. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Maybe Jaina is losing touch with the Force, or her eyesight or something?

Jaina! that is not your husband! Silly woman.

LOL! It was great. All angsty and depressing and then suddenly it was funny - nice ending.

I can still imagine all the angst that will come now, though.

Great fic!

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    With a mischievous glance about her, she dropped her fork and picked up her cake.
    Grinning at the green-eyed man beside her, she shoved the slice in his face, only partially getting some in his mouth.
    Laughing through his new mask of icing, he picked up his own plate and pressed it into her face. Chunks slipped off her cheeks and onto her lap. She gave him a mockingly angry glare.
    This, she decided, was war.
    Jag Fel watched, incredulous beneath his passive facade, as his new bride jumped up from her seat, exchanging missiles of cake with Kyp Durron.
    Han Solo chuckled at his daughter.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

stiff formal Imp :D

already unsure about the wedding and that when they eat wedding cake [face_worried]
    there went something terrible wrong then :p

there would suit a certain other man much better, what you think :p ;) :D
    nice vignette :)

Mag :)

9. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Nuts. Seriously. Seeing as you're nuts and not British, I suggest visiting the British to get the nuts bit right.

Otherwise, hilarious.

10. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Sarah: Wow... loved it!
    Thanks!

You didn't fool me at the end.
    Fool you about what?

Jedi Chani: Thanks much!

JAGSGURL15:I DONT UNDERSTAND... CRIES.... DONT GET IT! :D

Den:Stupid Jaina.
    Yup.

That was funny, though. It was so serious and almost depressing at the beginning, and then suddenly you see Kyp and Jaina exchanging cake. Hilarious!
    :D I just HAD to have her throwing cake.

Stupid Jaina, though. Now you're not getting that OTHER kind of cake. Not from Kyp, anyway. Just from stiff, formal, utterly boring Jag.
    [face_laugh]

Very nice! I liked!
    Thanks.

DarthIshtar: Lol, cute. Is there a d'entendre that she's chucking cake at Kyp, not her husband? oooh...Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Possibly.... [face_devil]

Kazzy: [iMaybe Jaina is losing touch with the Force, or her eyesight or something?

Jaina! that is not your husband! Silly woman.[/i]

LOL! It was great. All angsty and depressing and then suddenly it was funny - nice ending.
    Thankees.

I can still imagine all the angst that will come now, though.
    Angst is FUN....

Great fic!
    Thank you!

Mag: stiff formal Imp
    I agree. :D

already unsure about the wedding and that when they eat wedding cake
    there went something terrible wrong then

there would suit a certain other man much better, what you think
    nice vignette

[face_laugh] Thanks, Mag!

Cobra: Nuts. Seriously.
    *takes bow*
    Seeing as you're nuts and not British, I suggest visiting the British to get the nuts bit right.
    I'm Greek. Greeks are all nuts. :D

Otherwise, hilarious.
    Thanks muchly!

Cake-covered Kyppies for all the lovely reviewers! :D You guys, as always, rock!

11. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
  12. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    She should have been having a cake war with her husband

I just noticed this line when I reread it. Kind of ironic, I think...

Still stupid Jaina. :p

Up!

Den

13. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    ah!!! no!!!! she married Jag!!!! evil!!!!!

A sequel then!!!

She realizes that she must be with Kyp ;)

so how about it?

14. Jedi_Alexis

Jedi_Alexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    [face_laugh]

But she married Jag!

:_|

Awesome work! Sequel? *gives pleading eyes*

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Hilarious. And heartbreaking. At the same time. That should be illegal.

Great viggie! I loved the end!

16. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Thanks, guys.

Sequel soon. I've got it about half-written.

17. jelly

jelly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Ooh, I hope in this sequel she realizes she has married the wrong man, gets a quickie divorce and marries Kyp! :D But this was really great anyway!

18. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Eeeeep! What ????????? HUH?????????

Gina!!!!!!!!

What the ^&%# are you doing????

Repeat after me sweetie... "I am a loyal Kyp/Jaina shipper." "I am a loyal Kyp/Jaina shipper." "I am a loyal Kyp/Jaina shipper."

Okay, got it now???

Good, now go fix this error of judgement on your part!

Sheesh! Jaina marrying Jag...... NEVER!!

Ro :D

19. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

that was fun

20. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    I absolutely loved the ending to this one! Cake war! Cake war with Kyp Durron....EVEN BETTER!

More coming?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Totally awesome: I loved it.

You know she should be with Kyppie, right? Just making sure. :p

~Jaya~

21. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    *blanches*

What?!

ME?!

A J/J shipper?!