main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA California Science Center: When Science Meets Imagination

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, email sent off, waiting for reply.

Zar and YJ, I didn't include your names because I think he needs who's definitely going...we can email again if your plans get cemented.

marma, majiin, and gizmo, I included you, though I don't have majiin's email.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay! It'll be great to see you guys again/meet the rest of you! [:D]

3. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, GB, you can make it official now. I can go. Dog show is on SUNDAY!!!

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I have a meeting that day for my Mexico trip. :confused: Is that the only day we're going? I thought we were going one day when we weren't volunteering. I'm so confused.

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    We can go as many times/days as we want. I'm planning on volunteering that day, and it's a fan day, so...

Zar, could you email Shawn for your RSVP/request to volunteer if that's what you want to do? I wasn't sure if you wanted to work there, or just visit it. The email is in the first post by Miana.

I haven't heard back from him yet, and based on what I've noticed, each one of us may need to email him individually or give him more contact info. I know he's got some family things going on right now, plus he's VERY busy with all this, so we may not hear back for a while.

6. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    So when i try to do the : - / face, it always comes out as the question mark face. Just thought I'd clear that up.

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Checking on our status...

8. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I was going to ask you for a status report, aren't you setting this up? :) Did you hear back from the e-mail you sent?

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I didn't hear back, but I am going to call ObiShawn tonight to find out. I think the main duties for non-costumed volunteers is "wrangling"...meaning I think you either help a little with crowd control or assist the costumed folks with getting de-mobbified. :~)

Also, it looks like I'm going with the whole family plus my father, so we're minivanning it and not staying the whole day, most likely. If you volunteer, it's my understanding that your parking gets covered by the center and you get entry without standing in line.

10. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, now it's touch and go for me. I've been sick for 2 and a half weeks and finally got diagnosed with Walking Pneumonia...yuck. No, I don't want to work, but I don't know if I'll be up to going.

Blech.

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    So what time do we have to be there and when does it end?

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Haven't gotten hold of ObiShawn yet.

Volunteering is from open to close, choose your times. You check in at the parking kiosk, then get directed to the place inside to check in. That's all I know, so far. :~)

13. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    What time does it open and close? I couldn't find that online anywhere. I'm sure it's there, probably right in front of my face, but I couldn't find it.

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, if we're working and want in w/o having to fight our way in, we need to be there at 9:30. When you drive in, stop at the parking kiosk and explain you're with Shawn Crosby, and they may check your name against the volunteer list.

Then, we go in the front door (may get names checked again, helps if you walk in with costumed folks) and proceed in.

I'm calling now to try and get exact details, so watch this space!

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, now that I've talked to all of you, I'm incredibly, reaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllly sorry about all this. Hopefully you're all still going, and hopefully I will get to see you. :~( If there's another event and it turns out to need non-costumed volunteers, I hope you will all be able to go, and I hereby vote that I not organize the effort, because everytime I try to do something like this, it gets all weirdly messed up.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You can't come now? :(

17. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Well Miana, apparently they don't need us as volunteers anymore. Do you guys wanna try volunteering for another day or arrange a time to just go up and check it out as a group?

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Miana, I'm still going, in costume...but apparently, the turn out for costumed folks is anticipated to be so huge, that non-costumed volunteers aren't needed, this time. :~(

19. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    me and bri are still going cause we a;ready asked for the days off so why not, beside we already had the day pretty much planned.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It was great seeing/meeting you guys! I hope you had fun!

And Joslynn, I'm stealing your baby. :p

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I think you might have to fight off a few others...:~)

Linnea got really spoiled!

Oh, and I figured out a connection why people might think "Mee-anna" instead of "My-anna"....Mia Farrow (et al) and that pronunciation probably throw people a bit!

22. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    i always thought it was mee-anna, but beside that its was really nice meeting you, also what was that web address you gave me, i really want to start on my costume now.

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I think she means here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.