main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Call for a Vote of No Confidence in the Developers of Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jaded_fan, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evren

Evren Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    I've been sending the "Vote of no Confidence" to online gaming magazines all day. Let's see what happens. /crosslekku

2. KillerKarotte

KillerKarotte Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    /sign

SOE KILLS THIS GAME. HOPEFULLY LUCASARTS WILL STOP THEM !!!

3. Wildcat84

Wildcat84 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    LucasArts is part of the problem. Julio Torres, who has to approve EVERYTHING is the lead producer for the game and is a LA employee. He is the #1 person who needs to be fired and who the vote of no confidence needs to be directed at.

4. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    I used to have this game...CU hit and i couldnt kill one measly creature without dieing... So i got WoW...Then that got boring a bit...Then i got GW...But CS has been with me for 2 years and im not sick of it or anything...I think im not too fond of RPG's...

/sign

5. Kelvarn

Kelvarn Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    I for one am glad that someone else has finally started in the same direction that I have.

I gladly add my name to this.

Kelvarn

6. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I agree very much with the author of this... howver poorly written it is.

By including family and friends of players and not to mention, co-workers and family of such... the statement is hard to take seriously, even if the intent is good.

As someone who has worked extensively in customer service relations... the original author really needs to learn how to draw up a better statement, even if the intention is good.

I agree with it, don't get me wrong... just very sloppy.

7. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    /sign. the only thing that would be more damaging would be if they start using Star Force.

8. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    /sign

As an ex-SWG player, I'd like to put up my two credits and say that player cities wrecked the feel of Star Wars.

9. DarkForce8605

DarkForce8605 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    I agree Soe has fed us this crap time and time again...something needs to be done
    /SIGN

10. OmegaSSFW

OmegaSSFW Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    /sign

Please someone show this to lucasarts... I would but I don't know how... let it grow a bit more though

11. chemojay

chemojay Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    I have 3 accounts and only one currently active. I have played since septemeber of 2003.
    /sign

I also think someone should rewrite the no confidence to be more accurate and proper.

12. jaded_fan

jaded_fan Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005

Unfortunately - not too many SWG players come to this site - once again - the DEVs beat down the players and the players get in trouble if they complain - SUCKS!

13. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    This thread is socktacular.

14. Ian_Legionson

Ian_Legionson Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    THe current thread on the SOE board is up to 51 Pages,1267 post. Some fan boy stuff but 99% negative. Will SOE listen...I doubt it.

15. AJZ

AJZ Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Guys and Gals in my eyes theres 3 choices we have on how to make the devs or rather soe listen.

1. is get every one who posted or rather signed the original thread on the swg jedi forums to come here and sign this, that way we can get some one to take this to the media once we have enough signs.

2. is that we can some how contact The Top dogs at lucas arts or soe to tell them what us the swg cummity are being treated like by the devs.

3. is start canceling our accounts or stop paying monthly payments, some of u might say that wont work or so on, but if u look back when they did that stupid xp change with out telling any one that one night, i heard from a friend of mine who owns stock in soe that they reportedly has 2,000 people cancel there accounts the next day thats why they changed it back.

So basically those are our choices no matter how u slice it we need to pick one, IMO #1 wont work cause we dont have nearly as many signs on here as we had on the thread we had on the sweg forums that got deleted. The one that will work the best i think is #2 but we need some one who knows some one. #3 would work but not many people would do it and it would give the devs what they want to wipe out all jedi in game basically...

tell me what u'll think...

16. blackbird71

blackbird71 Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2005

17. dalamar_argent

dalamar_argent Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2005
    /sign

Truly sad the way SOE has treated all involved. I have spent over $2400 US playing this game, and am treated like dirt as a player and as a part of the community. Squelching me will never silence me, I am an American, I am a consumer paying for a service and I will speak.

Hayden Blackman, Julio Torres, Blixtev and the rest of the Development team need to go. Tiggs, TH, Garva and Virrago as well.

This game is absolutely done unless these people are cut loose and professional people with integrity and dedication and pride in their work, and not worshippers of the dollar, replace them.

If you want to keep this game alive, CLEAN THE HOUSE WITH A VERY LARGE BROOM.

18. GrummpyOLbugga

GrummpyOLbugga Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    Ive been playing for abit over 2 years, in that time ive seen many a change patch bug an so on. The CU was a huge change one I cant say i was wraped in and im still not, it was one that the bulk of the swg comunity was in arms over , did SOE listen to the core of there experanced gamers at that time .. nope .. yet they say it was tested ?.. umm ok lot of bugs but hay they said it was tested , from what i saw of a petition agenst the CU over 17000 peopl had signed and said they were cancelling there accounts, most of which had at least 2 accounts some 3 or more.. you do the math as to how many accounts and monthly fees they lost and there responce .... tuff this is they way its gona be.

That set the way its gona be loud and clear for anything else they entend to do with the game, all i can gather from that is they just dont give a rats A** about the game .. its players or if it continues to stay a game at all, you only need to look at some of SOE's other games and see features just for there player comunity that would enhance swg but still they do nothing, hell even old EQ had better guild funtions then SWG has ever had. So as far as this Vote goes regarding its devs, im for it 100% more if it was possable to give more than 100% , and before people turn and say well if you hate it that much why not just leave, like most of us that have played swg this long , we live in hope that a game thats got such a great platform for becoming a great game, and love starwars that maybe .. just maybe ... omfg maybe someone will listen to customers that keep the game going and pay there wages ect and try to fix a game that could be great.

well thats my 2cents, sorry about the spelling mistakes but ive been effected by the devs to offten to go back an fix them , but hay you all get the idea of whats ment :p :)

/sign /sign /sign

19. DarkSmyth

DarkSmyth Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    I played for 20+ months (launch - CU). I'll tell you first hand, after you make up your mind to finally leave that worthless piece of crap called SOE/SWG behind, the withdraw period is very short. Within a week or two, you'll actually be happy to know that you made the correct decision. After a few months, you get to take a step back and see the big picture. And man, it ain't too pretty :(

This game will never be "better", just hit the button already man.
    Good luck.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm glad I can post in here without having to look out for SOE censorship. :)

I've been playing the game since launch. I currently have toons in both U.S. and European servers, and in the Test Center (TC-Prime). I have one Jedi toon and I'm just halfway into making another toon a Jedi.

To be perfectly honest, I've lost pretty much all interest in the game, at this point it's only because there's some nice people that I have met and that I can occasionally help out, but otherwise this game is dead for me. D-E-A-D.

I don't recommend anyone to buy it and I don't recommend anyone to keep playing if they already have it. It's that simple. :(

SOE has messed up big time with the game, there's no getting around it. Time and time again, a class/profession finds itself having perhaps a bit too much power -- and it's fun for those who have it, but eventually a few bad apples abuse it, and then the nerf calls start. It probably goes all the way back to the early Creature Handlers, which at the start of the game were pretty uber. Yup, they got nerfed.

Ever since, anything that is fun or that makes you sorta "uber", sooner or later gets nerfed. They cannot balance the game by *adding* more stuff to what players can do, they always seek to do it by *removing* or *reducing* abilities and skills.

The game would still be pretty fun if they'd kept Jedi out of the GCW, making it so that Jedi only got to fight Jedi, unless a non-Jedi attacked first. Even the Jedi/BH game mechanic could have been handled differently, make it so that you don't need to have two alpha classes with super "uber" abilities. If they had made it so that Jedi didn't ordinarily fight non-Jedi, they could still have pretty uber Jedi, and it would be fun for the people who've been in the game for over a year. I think it's OK if you have "uber" powers but without the ability to use them against other players in non-consensual pvp.

So much has been nerfed lately that I can't even begin to number all the nerfs. It's not just Jedi, although arguably it's one of the most nerfed professions. There are also a lot of professions that have been pretty much neglected for over two years now -- smuggler and droid engineer, to name two that have a lot of potential.

The powers that be at SOE design the game in such a way that is designed to "hook" players and keep them "hooked" with trivial endeavors. Whether it's grinding Jedi and looking for those darn krayt dragon pearls; or making certain items in the game super hard to get (jetpacks and Mandalorian armor) so that you have to keep hitting a dungeon over and over for many, many months. Basically they just want your money, and they'll always seek to dangle a carrot in front of you so that you keep paying.

My advise - don't fall for their tricks, don't buy the game, if you bought it, cancel, the sooner the better; otherwise sooner or later you'll be sick to death of their nerfs and dirty tricks to keep you hooked (not just hooked, but feeling you need to play a zillion hours a month).

SWG really is enough to make even dedicated SW fans think about giving up SW once and for all. :(

21. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I had severe issues in the same vein, but toward FFXI Online. That game was a massive disaster. Started off promising and enjoyable, but then it just became a total mess.

22. DarkSmyth

DarkSmyth Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Pretty well exactly what happened to me.

23. slothdroid

slothdroid Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Pop over to the SWG forums, it seems the CU is being pulled and replaced with something totally different.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.