Call for SERIOUS movie interest

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by paperclipx, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok all, I'm looking for a few good men and women. Besides the fan film that John is currently writing, I have in my hands waiting to be done one non-SW short film. Very doable, too. We have also begun work on another non-SW screenplay, that has the potential for being more than a short.
    All this is acheivable, just need some people to commit.
  2. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'd be up to help out. just let me know when and where.
  3. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

I will be more than glad to help out in any way possible. Just let me know what I need to do.

My mother always said I was a good actor, and that I should "get into" threatre. Little will she know...!

Even if I don't have an acting part, I'd be glad to direct, produce, edit, splice, do computer stuff (CGI, etc.), be the key grip (meaning I get a chance to date any female hotties that are participating in this endeavor), be props master (**** YEAH), stuntman, backup, gofer, pizza getter, dialogue writer/editor, chief executive officer, prospective financier finder...you name it, I'll be willing to pitch in and help out.

This sounds like a lotta fun, and I'll be glad to do it as long as we can (A) work around my schedule of class(es) and (B) work around my job schedule (whenever I get one, that is). For now, I have a lot of time on my hands and am pretty much available upon asking.

Thanks for the offer; this sounds like FUN!

Darth Tharon, Sith Lord (Apprentice)

4. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sure, count me in. Sounds like fun.
  5. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm in. Weekends would be best. I'll try to be... flexible. (cue Vracer's comments. I put that there for you pal. AND NO COMMENTS ABOUT THE FLEXABILITY OF SPIDER-MAN'S CGI MASK. thank you.)
  6. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I've heard you were flexible! That you were prepared to bend over backwards! That when the going gets tough, you're ready to have all the guys get behind you!
  7. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, update! I'm putting the other story on hold because I had a really gruesome idea last night. No, it didn't have anything to do with Sarah being naked (shudder, puke, shudder). I'm going to write it up and send it your way, Mark. Enjoy! Muahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahaahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome! Cant wait to see it John. And as an update, the second outline is complete. We are now in the process of actually scripting it out. I will be available all weekend, minus the Sunday gaming session of course. If anyone wants to see whats going on, let me know.

Uncleowen, where are you? LOL!
  9. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm here lurking in the shadows. Watching and waiting. I am in BTW.
  10. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, and you can count me in!
  11. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

I am DEFINITELY in for helping out with this. It sounds totally cool. Strange that anything cool would originate with JOHN though . . . !

Please send the two rough drafts to me so that I can get started reading them to offer some insight for the project.

"Please complete the transmission." -- Antonio Banderas in the movie Assassins

I also have my Sith robes, my BlasTech DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, and several (about six or so?) lightsabers available if you need props for characters (especially EVIL ones!). I can also instruct people in the basics of lightsaber combat if we need semi-serious choreography for combat scenes, etc.

Looking forward to participating and helping out. Thanks for offering the chance to include me in the project, I'm excited about it!

12. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, if someone would pay attention they would know that this post is for the non-Star Wars fan film. I wouldn't worry about choreographing fight scenes. The fan film I wrote is just a slaughter that doesn't require any lightsaber dueling. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

Well, with two [expletive deleted] homemade movie threads going on, and with it not being totally clear WHICH one was being talked about, I just thought I wouldn't take chances, but instead volunteer for BOTH of them, in order to save time AND communicate my willingness to help out, on EITHER project. That way, no matter which thread you ended up reading, you could have understood that I was offering to help with EITHER movie.

I am FULLY AWARE that this is the NON-STAR WARS MOVIE THREAD, as is evidenced in this thread's TITLE, but not having access to the script(s) and being on the outside looking in MAY, repeat, MAY have made it just a TAD bit confusing to an outside observer. That's all.

My GRE Verbal score qualified me for entrance into Princeton's Graduate School in History, so I don't need help paying attention, or with reading and/or reading comprehension, thanks. =P

14. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Damn TK. That's a lot of capital letters being thrown your way. You gonna be OK?
  15. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    And here I thought all the in-fighting ended when Kate & Rusty left...
  16. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    BTW- I'd be interested in this movie thing. Show me a script.
  17. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

I really don't care. It just gets really old when you offer to help out with stuff and then get kicked in the teeth all the time. Yeah, call me sensitive that way, so what. I've been blasted for almost everything else I've ever posted on these boards, so I don't give a ****.

I guess maybe I just don't understand the motivations behind some of the people in this group yet. That's probably because I'm still relatively new and have yet to figure people out completely. I am probably basing a lot of my responses on presupposition and guesswork rather than real facts, and I will continue to work to overcome that. But it still seems confusing sometimes, and I don't always feel that what I mean and say is accepted for what it really is.

I can't always tell whether or not I'm accepted by either the individuals in our group, or even the group as a whole, or am being insulted for real, or just plain ignored, or what. People's true meanings and intents are so hard to discern off of a computer screen, where there is no tone of voice, facial expression, vocal inflection, et cetera. Even emoticons don't always help, and are sometimes misleading.

It just seems that every time I say anything, someone is RIGHT THERE to jump all over it and tear me down. I don't mind being the butt of jokes, but man, like I said my self-esteem is really low right now (not having a job and all) so my threshold for tolerance may not be as high as I or others would like.

I'd just like some real clues as to what people think, but I know I won't get them, and so I'm not going to bother. I don't need yet more of my comments to be made fun of on public boards.

Personally, I believe I'm just transparent--what I mean when I say that is that what I say I mean, and I don't mislead people or tell them what I think they want to hear. I don't like being condescended to or talked down to. I have spent a lot of my life trying to master a lot of different skills, being a good person, and worked hard to be smart and be interesting enough to be fun to be around.

If you don't want to use what I have to offer, then that's fine. I don't really care, and it will give me more time for other things. I just tried to let the people that were involved know that what they were doing sounded like a lot of fun, that it was a worthwhile undertaking, and that to see it to fruition I would be glad to offer whatever I could do to help out and see it come to life . . . no more, no less, as Yoda says. I go balls-to-the-wall in EVERYTHING that I do, so I just thought that type of commitment would be gratefully accepted and rewarded for what it was. I'm beginning to understand that maybe not all people are that way. And that's OK.

"I offered you a kingdom beyond your imagination. But you have seen fit to give me nothing but brag and abuse. So be it, Theoden Horsemaster! Go back to your huts!" -- (Paraphrasing) Saruman the White to Theoden and Eomer at Isengard after they destroyed his Uruk-Hai at the Battle of Helm's Deep in the book The Two Towers

I guess I'll just let it ride and let people say what they want. This is requiring far too much effort from me to try to be nice and help people out. Use me as a target all you like and say whatever you want in response. I just don't know if I care about it anymore.

18. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think somebody needs to take a nap and then go over and read the rules of the OFF post. Geesh. Someone's a little touchy, aren't they. Breathe. Breathe. It's going to be okay. Relax. Put the test scores down. Breathe. WHoooh, that was close. Mark, can you forward the script to Darth Tharon here. Thanks. Okay people, stop posting all this serious crap. Thanks.
  19. BUDAHMAN11 Jedi Padawan

yahaa.!!

I'm baaaaccckkk.!! Not that you remember me anyway. I'm a friend of uncle Owen. COUNT ME IN for any fan film help. I can (try to) act, and also im good at working behind the scenes on films as well. Sounds like fun.!! Budahman
  20. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I remember ya Buda....from the Ep 2 premiere night. Glad to see you back. Get on UncleOwens ear and twist it a little! :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.