main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Call for Volunteers - SWN Production Team

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Nov 3, 2014.

1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    This is a call for members interested in helping bring SWN 2015 to fruition through various duties that are needed to create, produce, and execute another great event. While the list includes some duties (and their responsibilities), the list may evolve as planning ramps and we discover that more assistance is needed.

The roles listed require a commitment from those who want to volunteer. Please consider this before volunteering. Deadline for submissions is Saturday November 15. The director will be the first position filled, with the writing team to follow. Separate directors for the story/filming and on field performance may be considered as it is a very large, demanding job for one person to do alone.

Our target goal is no more than 3 people on the writing team to help keep the time needed to create the script at a minimum.

Additional duties can be added. This is not the final list. If you feel we need to add a role, please communicate and share the role & duties so this thread can be updated.

Director
    The Director is responsible for overseeing the creative aspects of a film, including controlling the content and flow of the film's plot, directing the performances of Actors, organizing and selecting the locations in which the film will be shot, and managing technical details such as the positioning of cameras, the use of lighting, and the timing and content of the film's soundtrack.

Volunteers: Larry, Bill R

1st Assistant Director
    The First Assistant Director (1st AD) assists the Production Manager and Director. The ultimate aim of any 1st AD is to ensure the film comes in on schedule while maintaining a working environment in which the Director, principal artists (Actors) and crew can be focused on their work. They oversee day-to-day management of the cast and crew scheduling, equipment, script, and set. A 1st AD may also be responsible for directing background action for major shots or the entirety of relatively minor shots, at the Director's discretion.

Volunteers: Jonathan (JXJ)

Choreographer
    The lead person who plans, designs and directs major action sequences on a production. These action sequences may include fighting or other scenes which involve a high degree of coordination. This person will be responsible for blocking the positions and movement for the on-field production.

Volunteers: Mindy

Art Director
    The Art Director reports to the Production Designer, and more directly oversees artists and craftspeople, such as the Set Designers, Graphic Artists, and Illustrators who give form to the production design as it develops. The Art Director works closely with the Construction Coordinator and Key Scenic Artist to oversee the aesthetic and textural details of sets as they are realized.

Volunteers: Jon

Script Writer
    Essentially the map for making the movie. A screenplay involves screen direction, character dialogue, and prop descriptions while telling the story.

Volunteers: Steve Lu, Dan R, Dave Barkewitz, Dan M, Bill R

Script Consultant
    Script consultation services provide script analysis, consulting, proofreading, dialogue revisions and story or character development where needed. They can also help with shortening or lengthening a screenplay to the proper lengths.

Volunteers: Larry, Elaine, Norma

Music Coordinator
    This person mixes the various soundtracks and audio signals.

Volunteers: Steve Lu

Volunteer as Needed:
    Bill B, Beckie, Gunny

2. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    I would like to volunteer for director or script consultant.

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I would like to reprise my role as one of the writers and music coordinator again

4. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I would like to volunteer for script writing.

5. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    I volunteer as writer. If i can be help else where let me know.

WookieeJedi likes this.
  6. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I will volunteer wherever is needed. However due to time demands of my work I'll step back and let others jump in. If anywhere needs help I'll jump in and help, but otherwise I'll let those who could better attend every meeting fill the gaps. :)

7. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm volunteering for writer again.

8. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    SWN is a group effort with input, ideas, work, participation and support is needed from each and every member.

This thread was created as the first step towards SWN 2015. Members who are interested in committing to help in the above listed production roles now have a chance to throw their hat in the ring and speak up. After the deadline and duties are hashed out, there will be no room to complain that someone did not get a chance to participate. In the past, complaints were aired of the lack of opportunity to participate.

Anyone wishing to volunteer for a position in the production is highly encouraged to consider their availability, then step forward and express their interest.

The membership as a whole is a valuable resource as the production moves along, and communication between the two are integral in the success of SWN.

Any questions or concerns can be directed to myself and Dan at this time. Posts made that are not on topic will be deleted.

9. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Keep in mind as well that this is a thread for volunteering. I don't recall it stating that Bill or anyone else who participated in the writing and production of last years show couldn't volunteer again. If Bill is indeed interested then he should respond in the thread.

No one is questioning the dedication and time that Bill put in last year. Nor is this a shot at Bill and the staff of last year's show. This is simply an attempt to try an get anyone who wants to get involved in the production end of SWN involved.

As stated above, if there are any questions on concerns please feel free to contact either Chris or myself.

Remember this is something that is supposed to fun and enjoyable.

quigonschuel and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  10. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'd like to put in for choreographer. While I don't have as much dueling experience as many of you I do have some experience with blocking and coordinating a live performance.

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Reminder to all: please keep your post on topic.

If anyone has any comments, questions, etc., please send them via email to Chris and Dan.

12. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I would like to put in for Art Director.

13. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    !!!!BUMP!!!!! There is a few openings left people and 4-5 days left to submit for a position .... here is your time to get your foot in the door and to put your input in and contribute to SWN15. If you don't put your hat in the ring then there should be NO need for COMPLAINING on how things are done!!!

14. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I do not know how to do any of these specific roles. I am willing to help and learn where needed.

15. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    I would like to volunteer for 1st AD. I know that this might be questionable for some but I would like to prove myself in this role having learned from last years production.

16. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I am not qualified as Script Consultant, but would be willing and very capable to do proofreading. I was a contract typist in another life....

17. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    I could also lend a hand with editing and proofreading if needed

18. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Volunteer as needed

19. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I volunteer for the role of director and hope to have the opportunity to learn from last year and do better. I also wish to be a writer this time around.

20. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I would love to volunteer, but my schedule at work prevents me from doing so. :(

21. BizzyDoesit

BizzyDoesit Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2009
    I volunteer to help Mindy. I have dueling experience, also many years of dance choreography.

22. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    Whatever is needed.

23. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    So was there a deadline for results ??? Just curious

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Check your email that was sent earlier today. We are in the process of selecting the director.

25. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Oppps guess I should check that huh