main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Call for Writers & Artists

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Acky_12, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acky_12

Acky_12 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Call for Writers & Artists

Forgive me, I?m lumping things together.

One of my favorite ?What Ifs? always seems to come back to Star Trek crossed with Star Wars, specifically (but not limited to) Voyager and the Yuuzhan Vong. I?m now starting (that?s an understatement, I?ve been working on this for years); I?m now beginning actual production on a fan fiction series I?m tentatively called ?The Crossing.?

A quick overview is that the Federation Starship USS Voyager takes a ?wrong turn? on the way home from the Delta Quadrant only to arrive back home at Earth (a 70,000 light year trip), but it isn?t the earth they?re expecting, it?s 21st century earth. If things aren?t looking bad enough, two of Sci-Fi?s most feared villains show up to take on the little ship: the Borg and the Yuuzhan Vong. Voyager finds itself alone fighting a war of epic proportions with scales only slightly tipped when four Jedi Knights are added into the mix. And that?s just barely scratching the surface.

I?m looking to start the process of building a production team. This is no light undertaking ? this project is very long term (long term to me is looking at 3-4 years for the story to run its course, potentially more) and is a serious foray into fan fiction production. Writers need not have any knowledge of either genre, that can be taught or explained. I?m in need of mature writing with a good grapple on characters and dark plot arcs. For comparison, my team thus far consists of myself with knowledge of both, one writer with a very (very) basic knowledge of both, one writer with good knowledge of Trek and limited Vong, and an editor with extensive knowledge in both.

While I?ve got your attention, I?m also looking for an artist or two to do cover work. I?ve decided that rather than trying to photoshop these people and characters that don?t actually exist, I?d love to see the covers actually drawn on paper (or digitally, medium doesn?t really matter as long as it?s high quality). Knowledge of either is preferred here, but not required as reference pictures can be obtained. Typical items on a cover might include characters, starships, and battle sequences. A fair amount of creative control will be granted as we?ve not seen a lot of things before. Artists might also be requested to recreate key scenes as well for additional display.

Interested parties and those with questions should contact me either in this thread or through thecrossing (at) njoe (dot) com.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey there,

Individual request threads are not allowed here in Fan Art. You're more than welcome to take a look at the official request threads located/stickied at the top of the forum page. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.