main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Call me a heretic but...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by -HD-YaebGinn, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    I don't believe what Lucas says is true all the time. Yes, he is the creator, but I mean, some times he says 'The dark side is not stronger'

then later he says it is.

Sometimes he makes Han shoot first, then he makes Greedo.

In the prequels GL has really let me down when it comes to consistency, and I am now through with the Golden Rule of Lucas. Just too many contradictions there and too many crazy statements that make no sense.

Am I crazy or does this make even a little bit of sense?

(move if needed, but dont lock)

brook is right, you'd probably do better seeing if there is a current discussion in Saga on this.

2. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    This may be better in the Saga or Community boards.

I too get frustrated with Star Wars' ever changing story. From Greedo and Han's stand-off, to Vader or Palpatine discovering Luke's identity, to Boba being a clone or the real great bounty hunter, to Luke being born first. But once all the films are released on dvd finally, then we'll know the true story that is Star Wars.

3. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    To me, it just doesn't matter that much. Whether Han shoots first or Greedo shoots first...who cares? Still a great movie and I can enjoy whichever version. Is the dark side stronger or not? If George Lucas can't decide, then I'll just make up my own mind. I think he is allowed to change his vision and let it evolve. To me, it shows that he cares deeply about this whole story, is constantly trying to improve it and analyze it himself, not just pockets the bucks and moves on his merry way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.