main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Call me crazy but less force/jedi stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    There will be a Sith Lord in the new movies. They will not make a Star Wars movie without a big lightsaber duel at the end. Just won't happen.

2. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Doesn't mean the villain has to be a Sith Lord. General Grievous proves you can have a lightsaber weilding villain without being a Sith. The Clone Wars cartoon has also featured force users who are neither Jedi nor Sith.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    From marketing and merchandise point of view there need to be Force users from both sides.
    Maybe some forgotten Sith Tribe (without rule of two).
    Personally i dream to see the adventure that will center on Sith mythology (Korriban please).

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hello Crazy. This is CT.
    Here's my number:
    867-5309
    Call me, maybe.

5. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    This is my first time posting here. There are a couple of things that I’d like to say. If any of this has been covered (which I’m sure it has) I apologize ahead of time.
    I remember sitting in my seat in 1980 and being blown away by Vader ripping things off the wall by simply making motions with his saber & hurling them at Luke during their duel. I remember being amazed at how powerful he was. It took Yoda all the concentration he had to lift the X-Wing out of the swamp, & Luke was exhausted in his failed attempts & was shocked at Yoda’s accomplishment. I understand he was a novice at that point, but the feat was portrayed as being something extraordinary to the audience as well, complete with a sweeping music score.

The prequel trilogy diluted the Force so badly that everyone could throw things around with a quick gesture. The Force was cheapened & could in effect be taken for granted. Everyone had complete command over the Force & everyone was a super hero. To be blunt, it was boring.
    I would be interested in a subplot in the new films portraying Luke’s inability to pass the Force on. His struggle could be that he can’t teach it, & it is eating him up. In other words, the Jedi are virtually extinct, just as Kenobi described it in 1977. Then, at some point when he finally does find the answers & is able to help someone connect with it, the Force will have some impact on the screen again. That also means no more damn Sith Lords or “Dark Jedi” (a completely moronic concept), and hopefully no more connections to the Imperials, either. That struggle has been done to death. The new villain(s) should have nothing to do with the Force at all, or at least, they should start out that way.

6. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I agree, but I feel that Luke's New Jedi Order (if it will be called that) still needs to be a significant part of this trilogy. I definitely agree that there should be no Sith. The Sith are gone and defeated, but you could have Dark Jedi maybe styling themselves as Sith, though not true Sith Lords.

7. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    Personally, I have no interest in a "New Jedi Order". I'd rather Jedi & the Force be what they were in the OT: unique.

If Dark Jedi are in the flick & styling themselves after the Sith, then what's the difference? What they call themselves? What's fresh & exciting about that? I think we'd be better served with something original.

8. Wookiee_Vader

Aug 21, 2007
    It's Star Wars. You really think there could be no enemy Jedi? It would be a disaster of a business decision.

9. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    Only if your mind is closed. How many trips to the same well do we have to make? You can still have a Star Wars movie even if it has some fresh ideas.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    There has to be a new Jedi Order. It contiunes the whole cycle/patterns of the series. The Empire kills all the jedi, only a few are left- luke, leia, obi wan, yoda, and anakin at the end of Jedi. In the new republic, the jedi are reborn, under Luke. Star wars is all about things repeating itself. Just look how luke and anakin's storylines are almost identical?

Lightsaber duels with Battle of the Heroes are epic and a must.

I feel the bad guys should be evil because they are evil people will evil goals, not because they are some dark cult who practices the black arts and worships the darkside of the force. Lame. Less Sith, good idea.

A sith force ghost would be cool..

Jedi like qui gon, obi wan, yoda, and anakin skwalker found the secret to eternal life in the lightside of the Force, sith lords could find the secret of how to survive the netherworld of the darkside and live for eternity in the darkside.

But i guess everyone becomes one with the force in the GFFA.

11. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    So you just want another derivative rehash of the same old conflicts? What for? There are six movies already of that stuff. Just re-watch the existing films.

12. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean? Anakin's story was a "derivative rehash of the same old conflicts"?

Btw, go on youtube and type in obi wan vs Vader edited music. It showed the Anakin-Obi wan fight in A New hope, with epic music-like battle of the heroes and the imperial march.

13. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    If the idea of the new trilogy is set for like 30-40 years after ROTJ, that's a long enough time to have past. I would think the Jedi Order could have a decent foundation by then. It might not be built up like it was in the Old Republic, but certainly could have its foundation there at the start of the new trilogy.

With that in mind, I do hope there's a lot of what made ANH in the start of this new story. I mean lets face it, getting back to the root of what we all saw, and what made SW great, was ANH.

14. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    It won't happen, and I can't say I would want it to. The movies will guarantee have a decent amount of the Jedi/force stuff, because it simply would not be Star Wars for the average person without them. It wouldn't go over well for the masses. There is part of me that would prefer a concept of there still being very few Jedi who almost act as marshalls for the entire galaxy. No clear Order of any sort. However, that would mean scrapping almost everything in the EU, and I would not want that.

As for the stories of the "average man" that everyone is banking for in this thread. Save that for more books, and the live TV show. Keep giving me my force in the films though. It is the center to the Star Wars universe despite what others may hope for.

15. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I also want the Force and Jedi/ Sith to be minimized (effectively rendering the existing Jedi more awesome).

I could get on board with something like this:
    Luke has been self-training for years and is a formidable Jedi Master. Unfortunately, he has not encountered any other beings (aside from his own family) with a strong enough connection with the Force to train. He has only been able to pass the knowledge down to his one niece, the only child and daughter of Han Solo and Leia, now in her early twenties. Leia, for that matter, has decided not to pursue the more militaristic aspects of the Jedi arts, but has nonetheless honed her intuition and thought perception abilities that aide her role as Chancellor of the New Republic.
    When reports emerge of a couple disenfranchised former Jedi stirring trouble in the New Republic, Luke and niece take it upon themselves to investigate. The rogue former jedi, exiled for decades in Wild Space, have long since abandonned their old jedi teachings in the need for survival. Now they threaten the Republic, as they bring together a formidable army of pirates, gangsters, criminals, and Mandalorians with the intention of conquering the Republic that had "failed them".
    So, just a couple Jedi on one side, and a couple "Force baddies" (not Sith) on the other side.

16. Wookiee_Vader

Aug 21, 2007
    We may very well see less Force/Jedi centric films after the ST is complete. If the ST is to actually be a sequel though, then it needs to deal with the Skywalkers and the Force, the legacy that Luke will leave behind for the Jedi after defeating the Sith threat. Your idea of him being unable to do so sounds cool, but I think what everyone wants to see is the revival of the Jedi after their extermination.

17. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Also, lets remember, the Force played a huge part in ANH. Luke destroyed the Death Star with it. Obi-Wan used it extensively (well, what they could do with it at that time).

18. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    [/quote]

We may very well see less Force/Jedi centric films after the ST is complete. If the ST is to actually be a sequel though, then it needs to deal with the Skywalkers and the Force, the legacy that Luke will leave behind for the Jedi after defeating the Sith threat. Your idea of him being unable to do so sounds cool, but I think what everyone wants to see is the revival of the Jedi after their extermination.[/quote]

It doesn't "need" to focus on the Skywalkers. It doesn't have to continue that way. I think an aged Luke should be one of the central characters, but I for one want to see a shift in focus. The Jedi vs Sith chapter is done. I'm looking for someone to come along & present something new, fresh & exciting, like Lucas did in 1977. The Force should play a major part, but I'd like to see it kind of like the shark in Jaws: what you don't see has greater effect than what you do see. The Force needs its "wow" factor to return. The PT stripped it of its mystique.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated the whole "Chosen One" prophecy but since they went with it, and went with Anakin being the one who destroyed the Sith, they need to leave the Sith destroyed. Bringing back more Sith defeats the point of fulfillment of the prophecy that they spent more than three movies on.

I wouldn't mind seeing new bounty hunters, as Cad Bane has been one of the best TCW characters. I think there is plenty of source material showing that a Jedi enemy does not have to be a Sith.

I do think the Jedi, and the philosophy of the Force, need to remain in order for the movie to be recognizable as Star Wars though.

20. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The rest of your story doesn't do much for me, but I really like this part of the set-up.

21. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I wouldn't mind Sith cropping up later, Shadow Academy style.
    However, for VII, I think it should be about something else. It should be Luke (or whoever the main character is) having to rediscover the secrets of the Force, more or less from scratch.

Luke was a Jedi, but he was no Republic-era Jedi. We all know he has a long way to go.

22. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    People want to see Light Sabers and Force users, Jedi v Sith battles. Do you think Disney will just push that aside? lol expect massive epic battles, lots of sabers and lots of Jedi in my opinion. My 3.5 year old only watches the movies for light sabers, Disney will capitalise on this for a profit.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Depending on when this trilogy takes place there should be anywhere from 1 or 2 Jedi up to 10-12. If it's 20 years later you can get more. 50+ maybe. I don't think there will be any Sith unless its a fallen Jedi or some ancient Sith spirit or something. Go with a new villain that can handle their own against lightsabers.

24. wookieepotpie

wookieepotpie Jedi Master star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Absolutely on both counts.

I'd like for it to be the kind of movie that even if you removed all of the "Star Wars" trappings (John Williams, The Force, Droids etc) that it would still be among your favorite movies ever made. The story should be that good. I'm looking for "Miller's Crossing with Lightsabers."

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  25. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Right - I like the Force, John Williams, Jedi, etc. but a really good movie will be a really good movie anyways and is not good only because of lightsabers and theme music.