main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Call me crazy but less force/jedi stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 4, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    so what

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    So what, so what?

3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I want to see a totally different story than the 13hr Palpatine saga I already own & seen a million times, give us something new & fresh

4. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    No!

5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't understand what you're trying to say.

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Greedy Senators & Bounty Hunters Yes!

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm under the impression that C'Baoth is an unpopular character.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, that's what they should focus on...uh, wait. Didn't they already try this in the Prequels?

Nah, man. The next trilogy has got to be epic. No mysterious politics and no ten different villains coming and going. Lets keep the focus on one group of bad guys that live up to the third film.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  9. Moorplant

Moorplant Jedi Master

Feb 26, 2004
    Yeah I was gonna say, the Prequels focused on some fairly complex political intregues, in which "The Greedy Trade Federation" and "The Banking Clan" etc were allied with the Separatists/Sith. The entire PT was about the fall of democracy as guided by Sidious.

And a huge amount of the Clone Armies were created using a Bounty Hunter as the source.

I think if a live action Star Wars property is going to star Smugglers/Bounty Hunters as the characters with no Jedi, it had better be that TV series that's been in the works since Ep III. The next trilogy should contain more Jedi and possibly another Sith threat. Apart from anything else I can't see them making a SW movie without Lightsabers to wave around on posters, endorsements and merchendise.

10. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I agree 100% Part of the appeal of the original trilogy was the greater emphasis on characters like Han, r2, Lando, Leia, chewy etc. who were more relatable and "real".

Did I just call an 8 foot wookie and a droid more relatable and real?

11. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    While we're at it....when did Jedi Knights become Jedi Monks?

12. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm with you. The Jedi/Sith, the Force and lightsaber battles are my favorite part of Star Wars, but we need more ROTJ-style space battles with dogfights and cockpit chatter, to get back to that OT feeling. And no shiny ships. Well, maybe a Senator or diplomat or something like that can have one, but I want dirty hanger bays with droids and pipes and tubes and people welding. More Echo Base, less Naboo hanger.

13. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I don't think Disney paid 4 billion dollars to leave out epic light saber battles between Jedi's and the Sith. The Sith were extinct before and came back so it will happen again. Don't forgot these movies are not only for older guys like myself but they are for the new little ones that will experience a new Star Wars movie in theaters for the first time. These kids are going to be hungry for many epic duels between the Sith and Jedi and to tell you the truth so I'm I.

14. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Your crazy

15. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Bringing back the Sith is both uncreative and redundant, not to mention undermines the events of ROTJ and Anakin's story arc. You can still have a darkside force user or lightsaber weilding villain that isn't affiliated with the Sith order. General Grievous, The Son and the Nightsisters are all proof of this.

By all means bring on the epic duels, but lets also see some new stories rather than rehashing the same material over and over.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Breebel

Breebel Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Anyone who says "We don't need to see Jedi/Sith/Force stuff" is clearly someone who has seen the movies way too many times and read all the EU stuff so they feel burned out on it all. Remember, the VAST majority of people who go watch these movies will not visit this forum, won't have the foggiest idea about the EU or any of the stuff that the die-hards take as 'fact'. So when they go to the movies, they will be expecting - not exactly Jedi/Sith, but light/dark side of the force battles, because that IS Star Wars. To say, "Let's have some new stories," is inherently selfish.

Besides, I'm positive that AFTER the Skywalker saga is complete, they will have countless other movies to focus on the other aspects of the SW universe. But THIS saga is and will always be about the dynamics between the Sith and the Jedi.

17. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I think you misunderstand. When I say lets have new stories, what I mean is keep the Jedi. Keep the Force and the lightsaber battles. Lets just have a different darkside opponent this time instead of another Sith Lord. The Mortis and Nightsister arcs in the Clone Wars cartoon were a breath of fresh air for precisely that - it kept all the Jedi/Force/Darkside stuff that is the Star Wars we love, but it also explored other aspects of the Force and took the franchise into new directions.

Coming from someone who doesn't even read the EU - the Sith died with Vader and Sidious. Bringing them back just renders the events of ROTJ and Anakin's storyarc meaningless, and tells me the writers have no story to tell so they're going to recycle an old one. By all means give me a Darksider... any Darksider. Just don't make it another Sith. The Son would have been perfect for the Sequel Trilogy had he not already been used in the TV show.

18. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I hope their is no new Sith threat. It lessens the impact of Vader's redemption at the end of ROTJ. That said, it's hard to imagine a Star Wars film without an epic lightsaber duel.

19. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Well not only kids are hungry for epic duels ;)

20. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes and I'm one of them. I understand why some people are worried that it will lesson Vader's Redemption if more Sith return in the new trilogy. But I'm hopeful Disney/Lucas will come up with something that is believable that fits in with the story. I don't want to see saber duels between a Jedi and non sith characters like Grievous. I want to see duels that have the same emotion as the first Luke/Vader duel with the effects from the Maul/Obi- Wan duel from episode 1.

21. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I am warming up to the idea that Luke is just a wanderer. He helped save the galaxy, yet does not concern himself with politics. Expand the idea of him staring into the skies on Tatooine and write the idea of him as an explorer of knowledge (force). No credits, friends busy rebuilding structure, alone wandering the space ala Kung Fu (carradine).

As I said in another post, I enjoy Samurai movies over Wirefu. More story, less fighting/screen garbage. I would like to walk out of the movie without asking..WTF just happened?

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    ANYONE? People have different interpretations of stories.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    EU aside, the Sith were only THOUGHT to be extinct.

24. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Balance doesn't last. Nature demands it. Light cannot exist without darkness.Anakins story was just that, for that TIME frame, not for all eternity to have Balance. You cant have new Jedi running around without Sith or some dark force users can you? How would that be "balanced"? It wouldn't.

If you don't want Force/Jedi stuff....go watch Star Trek. This is Star Wars, that's half of what Star Wars is all about. It's like having Transformers without robots that don't Transform. Utterly and completely ridiculous.

25. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    ;) As much as i agree with you DarthVengeant, it would also look pretty gay and trekky if everyone was constantly floating around.