main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Call of Duty 2(PC, X-Box 360)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_General_Grievous, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    Oh man i cant wait for CoD 2.

2. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    You and me both. I absolutely loved the first one. Every mission from parachuting into Normandy on D-Day to retaking Red Square in Stalingrad was an absolute blast to play, and this next version is looking just as good. :D

3. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    I hope it has the same epic feal that the first(and expansion did)

4. Jedi_Knight_Phoenix

Jedi_Knight_Phoenix Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    This belongs in the JCC fourms as this is a place for discussing Star Wars based games. (that's why this forum is in the EU section)

May the Force be with you ,
    Phoenix

5. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Man, CoD is one of my all-time favorite games. I'm really looking forward to this.

6. theSteve

theSteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I'll be honest CoD on PC was awesome, on Xbox very disappointing. I hope 2 is better on the 360

7. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    CoD and Brothers in Arms are the gratest WW2 games ever, the feel to those games are so perfect.

Just the viewing of this CoD2 trailer made me want to buy the 360. The scale and the numbers of characters on screen looks huge.

And BiA2: Earned in Blood looks awesome as well.

8. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    Figured I might as well up this thread seeing as how the demo has been released for the SP aspect of the game. I haven't tried it out yet, and apparently it only has one mission, but it's definitely looking pretty good! ;) There are several mirrors to the file in the above link.

9. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    I doubt Call of Duty 2 on xbox 360 will be bad because they're making the same exact game for the PC. The one released for xbox and ps2 sucked badly because they dumbed the game down just for the consoles. However, the xbox 360 is much more powerful and it'll be able to handle most of the stuff that the developers throw at it. This game might be the first one I buy for xbox 360 this fall.

10. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    It looks awesome.

11. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I agree that CoD was awsome. I enjoyed each conflict they had you fight in, and BIA was also awsome. I also agree that these two games are paving the way in the WWII games genre, they allow us to experience somewhat what combat was like back then. I can't wait till the next one for each comes out. The trailer for CoD 2 on the XBox 360 looks awsome, I think the game is gonna rock. I also just saw the trailer for CoD 2 BR1 for the PS2 and it also looks like another good WWII game for me to try out.

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Oh, I absolutely love COD. It was so much fun and I really cannot wait for number 2.

13. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    I just tried it: it's very, very, awesome. I love the smoke effects!

14. Mr_Pwner

Mr_Pwner Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2005
    COD's cool...Im liekin the weapons and story...

15. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The attack on that cliff is probably going to be impressive. Imagine what it will be like in surround sound.

16. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/654/654961p1.html
    Judging by IGN's recent hand's on report and the writer's excited tone, this game really sounds like it's gonna be bad-ass. You guys really need to do yourselves a favor and read that article. According to the writer, there aren't any repeated textures in the game. Every single building and room in a level is different from one another, and the game apparently runs at 60fps already. This game sounds really intriguing. Looks like I've made my decision on what game to get first.

17. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Doesn't COD2 come out next week for the PC?

18. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I have this reserved with my Xbox 360 *oh yes second shipment EB games*

Anyone wonder how CoD2 BRO (Big Red One) will be?

19. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Yes it will. I'm glad they didn't decided to do the overdone Omaha beach.

20. Yodas-evil-twin

Jun 3, 2005
    Actually its just a different part of Omaha Beach. Its called Pointe Du Hoc and the attack did actually happen. The Second Ranger battalion was sent in to take out a German Gun battery. When they got to the top though, the guns were missing.

21. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    They basically climbed up the cliff to find nothing. There were Nazi soldiers just no artillery. Did they ever find out what happened to the shore guns at Point Du Hoc? Like did the Germans move them to another position or what? I've never really looked into it.

22. Yodas-evil-twin

Jun 3, 2005
    The Germans moved them, then created some fake guns out of wood, and put them where the real guns were.

Yes there were Nazi's there, and they were in concrete, paritally undergound bunkers with walls that were several inces thick. Unfortunately the Nazi Unit at Omaha was the 352nd division.

23. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Actually what I meant to say is that it's not the overdone part of Omaga Beach. :)

EDIT: On a side note, you can watch this mission from Fileshack.

24. Yodas-evil-twin

Jun 3, 2005
    But they are doing more Stalingrad levels. At least they're not the same as last time.

The thing that really makes COD differ from other titles is the way that it uses historically accurate missions, rather than trying ot tell something that never really happened.

25. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    MoH:EA was pretty accurate. Had the Battle of the Bulge, The Raid on St. Nazaire, missions in N.Africa *fake* and some missions in Stalingrad *nothing compared to CoD:FH* and one on on Mamayev hill, which was true. But CoD is definetly better with longer missions, but I think the gameplay in CoD is slow and stale or at least in Finest Hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.