main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Call of Duty 5

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by RedPigeon, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedPigeon

RedPigeon Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2006
    I just can't wait for this one. Too bad Activision's having Treyarch do it instead of Infinity Ward. It has also been confirmed that it will be another darn WW2 title. Would it kill you to be original?

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    If Activision really does it give it back to Treyarch and puts it WWII, they are idiots to ignore the overwhelming success of COD2 and COD4 over that of COD3.

3. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Yeah WTH!!

Are activision that stupid. COD4 was easily one of the best games iv ever played. Surely they would let IW carry on there work to create another one.

It just doesnt make sense, business sense that is.

4. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Scuttlebutt has it that the deal, after COD2, was that Treyarch would get odd numbered sequels, and IW would get the even number sequels. Sounds stupid to me - especially after the trash that was COD3

5. Process

Process Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2008
    Do you realise that they can't have another Modern War game in a row?

It actually would be the exact opposite of original. Unless they do it on future warfare I think WWII is the way to go.

6. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    WWII again????

7. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I am all for a WWI game. Now that war is the first real modern war.

8. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Thats what I was kinda thinking too. Or Korea!!!!!!!!

9. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Wow, I always wanted to play a game set in WWII!

10. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Trench Warfare kind of sucks with video games. + No tanks and airplanes and no real progress in the war until the last year would make the game kind of boring.

Math Time:
    Infinity Ware + COD = Good
    Treyarch + COD = Not so good
    Call of Duty or any other FPS + WWII = Old (Unless they discover there was another theater in the war other then Europe ie. PACIFIC CAMPAIGN FOR GOD'S SAKE)

I can think of a few alternatives that would be good:
    Vietnam like Battlefield
    Korea is ok also
    COD had a pretty good set up so it would be interesting to see what they could do to with a war 100 or so years in future also like Battlefield
    Invent an alternate universe war
    Start a war in real life
    Continue the story they have
    Finish the series

The only excuse anyone has to go back to WWII is if they do Pacific stuff. Since the Japanese were kind of evil at the time also. Also if it isn't for PC everyone fails.

11. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Or the Ostfront, where something like 80% of fighting took place. Or the southern front. Have they done a CoD in Africa/Italy yet?

12. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The British Campaign in Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty: Finest Hour includes North Africa, and the invasion of Sicily is one of the levels in Call of Duty: United Offensive.

13. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Or perhaps a nice level in the Aleutian Islands. If you've ever actually enjoyed a history class, you would know that fighting took place there in WWII as well.

14. Yodas-evil-twin

Jun 3, 2005
    Hell yes!

15. RedPigeon

RedPigeon Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2006
    I doubt they'll put it in the Pacific because Sony and Nintendo are Japanese companies! It must have been a miracle for EA to get away with Rising Sun on PS2 and Gamecube. But then again, they might have just let them make it because it sucks. "Let this be a lesson to all third-party publishers that all WW2 games with Japanese will suck!" It's like a curse or something. See what happened to the history channel game?

16. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh sweet, I don't have enough WWII games.
    [lame!]

And COD4 is *so* good!

17. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't mind WWII games. I'm dying to get my hands on Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway but Ubisoft has decided to be a bunch of ***** and delay it for a year just so it doesn't hurt future sales of Assassin's Creed, but I digress...

There have been just as many extraneous urban street crime simulators, yet no one is complaining about GTA IV. At least WWII games aren't anti-social, misogynistic, self-indulgent and exist just so suburban teens can pretend to shoot at the police.

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Well, going by last week's Chuck episodes, we should have that next CoD in about 3-4 weeks.

Sooner still, if Morgan bootlegs it to the Intarweb.

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, they really should've put one of the Call of Duties in the Pacific Theater. I haven't followed this series, but three separate titles all set in Europe seems like overdoing it a little. If they make one set in the Pacific War, then I guess they could throw in China to replace Russia as one of the playable factions?

20. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I would love to know how you know that the game is set in WWII, seeing as Gamespot just said the timeline hasn't been released yet.

21. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005

maybe they are just assuming.

22. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Turns out I'm 10 minutes away from Treyarch. Probably should go there to yell at them. Link of WWII news.

23. Yodas-evil-twin

Jun 3, 2005
  24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It would be real cool if they make call of dutys and medel of honors into movies.

25. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Forget Call of Duty (although 4 was good), the two Brothers in Arms games are the essential WWII video games. I can't wait for Hell's Highway (Operation Market Garden!). I hope they continue the 101st Campaign in further sequels. I've always wanted to play in the Battle of the Bulge at Bastonge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.