main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - November 8, 2011

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Jun 29, 2011.

1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_3_box_art.png]

FPS for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo something

Developed by Infinity Ward with assisted development from Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software co-developing multiplayer development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_3

The game will see the return of Task Force 141 Captain John "Soap" MacTavish, former SAS Captain John Price and Russian informant Nikolai who are on the run after killing the rogue U.S. Army Lieutenant General Shepard. Russian Ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov will also reprise as the game's primary antagonist.

Estimated score: 1000/100

Estimated Sales: 456 trillion american dollars

And go!

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Nope, I'm totally burned out on Call of Duty. Will not be picking this up or any other CoD game unless they actually fix the inherent multiplayer problems in every game since World at War.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm no CoD fanboy by any means. I only picked up the first MW and enjoyed it. I considered MW2 was a dissapointment as far as its campaign was concerned and I didn't care one bit about its multiplayer. MW3 would have to go above and beyond the limits of the absurdly insanely good in order to pique my interest.

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm wanting to get excited about this but I tried the demo of Black Ops and didn't like it. I know I shouldn't compare the two but I am because they're both CoD games. Everything I've seen looks great though.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Why would I get this when 3 days later I'm going to be busy chasing dragons across Skyrim?[face_laugh]

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    this. very, very this.

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, I'm still excited for MW. People are way too cynical about video games these days.

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I know I wont, since I'm not the dragon slaying, sword weilding, arrow shooting, mana weilding type. And blowing $#!+ up from a C-130 gunship NEVER gets old. :p

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    We should probably rename this thread to "ITT we hate CoD."

10. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I'll treat this like MW2 and wait until the price goes down. I only want it for the single player campaign, anyway. I haven't touched MW2's multiplayer. I still don't have Black Ops, either (still waiting on that).

I just want single player action. I replay MW and MW2 missions all the time (and missions from all the other CoDs, sans 3 and Big Red One, because they don't exist to me). I love the SP storytelling in CoD, especially the two MW games (even if MW2 was really far out on the edge).

11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    You just sumed up my thoughts exactly. I don't really care for the multiplayer becauses its full of no-life trash talking punk teenagers who think that they impress people by cheating, and moding the game.

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You two might be interested in a little game called Metro 2033. It's not as pretty as CoD, and it's a lot slower in pace. But it's very atmospheric and when at it's best it plays just as well, if not better.

It's pretty cheap these days.

13. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    I agree.

I have only played two FPSs for long periods of time, America's Army (1 and 2; haven't really gotten into 3) and Day of Defeat: Source. Both times, my "home" servers were more mature servers. Most of the players (and the guys who ran the servers) were older and had fairly strict rules about things. I fit in there well. Unfortunately, AA2 died out and the DoD:S server has fallen out of use. I just can't get into multiplayer anymore. Doesn't interest me. I like a story.
    Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Wow I guess I'm the only ex-hardcore CoD gamer on here.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, at this point I'm more of a single player type myself. And at the time I tried out MW2, people had already modded the $#!% out of the online component, making going online an exercise in futility.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I hope you didn't pay full price for MW2 if you didn't touch the multiplayer, which is the bread and butter of the Call of Duty franchise and the main reason why the vast majority of people buy and play it.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm afraid I did pay full price for it and was willing to give multiplayer a chance. But after a few weeks of seeing the crap that went on in most servers I popped into (and especially in the rare modded servers I unfortunately stumbled into) I decided that the aggravation simply wasn't worth it. It left such a bad taste in my mouth I didn't even bother with the coop component.

18. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    I did not. I wait until the price comes down on Amazon and a Marketplace member is selling it new or used for a decent price. Getting used PC games is a bit of a challenge now, though, with how companies are trying to lock a copy to one person.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ouch. Were the problems really that bad on PC? We hardly ever got hackers and modders on XBL, just the usual OMA jerks and boosting shenanigans. I still play it every so often purely because there's a chance that you can get into a lobby without any nonsense, in which case it really shines through as an incredibly fun and solid FPS. And even with its problems IW just know how to make games better than everyone else it seems.

Black Ops on the other hand...don't get me started on the problems with that game. Quit it in March and got rid of it for good a few weeks ago, and I have never been happier or this stress-free.

20. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh, no. I just mean that with MW2 being linked to STEAM, I was worried that when I installed MW2 (used copy) that it would say that I was trying to use a pirated copy and that it had been registered to another user.

That isn't a problem with console games, I don't think, but I only buy the CoD games for PC. I need a keyboard and a mouse (but I buy the MoH games for console because since MoH came out for PSX, I only buy MoH games for SONY consoles. I'm odd that way. lol).

Used copies of Black Ops are down to about $35-$40 now, according to Amazon Marketplace. Not sure if that's low enough for me to buy quite yet.

21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I have it on Steam and I've never had any problems. The closest anyone's come to cheating on any of my matches are those bloody marathon/knife/ninjas. Man I hate those guys.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    If you're not interested in multiplayer then you could probably get enough enjoyment out of the campaign and zombies if you wait till it drops below $30. I wouldn't spend more than that. If you were to play it for the online multiplayer I'd recommend waiting till it drops below $20. The thing is though, the people playing Black Ops right now aren't loyal to Treyarch or their game, they're basically playing it because it's the newest CoD and none of the others are really that playable; MW2 has all it's problems and CoD4 and WaW are both hacked to death, so they're pretty much no-go areas. Once MW3 comes out I doubt many people, if any, will hang around except for the ones that want to wait for the price to drop.

You and me both.[face_frustrated]

23. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, I feel like I'm in a Predator movie half the time. I hate firing an entire clip into them at point blank range and they don't die.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I wish Activision didn't stress an embargo on dedicated servers. I swear like 50% of Call of Duty's problems are in some way lag-dependent.

25. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    IDK about that. I never play any games on pc, why? Because I don't have the time, patience, or money to meet all the system requirments. I will tell you one thing though, I'm pretty sure a modded WAW or MWF2 lobby fried my old fat white 360.[face_frustrated]