main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

  1. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum (1BBY)​


    Darth Malum - the plunderer of a thousand worlds - is said to have stored his riches and, as legend states, the key to his success, somewhere in the Outer Rim. It is unknown if this Key is an artifact of unimaginable power, an army of terrifying war droids, or the Hastātus Rubinus, the flagship of the Crimson Fleet.

    The location of this treasure was known only to the warlord and was kept on a holocron that disappeared. Around this time, the Sith Lord was murdered by his apprentice. It has been over a millennia since these events took place.

    Many believe the legends to be just that: stories told by old spacers to wide eyed kids for entertainment. But some believe. They believe so strongly that they will risk the unknown to search for it. Many never return and the small number that do tell stories of a black ship with an immortal crew, stalking the stars, hunting for the very same treasure.

    An old spacer named Diomeade Falkirk has put out a call for adventurers claiming to have found the location of the holocron to Darth Malum’s treasure.

    Others have heard these rumors as well and have designs of their own for the mythical horde.

    Character Sheet:

    Name:
    Gender:
    Age:
    Race:
    Homeworld:
    Height:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Force Sensitive (Yes or No):
    Weapons:
    Bio:
    Goal (Why did they take up this quest? Do they have an agenda or alterior motive?):

    Rules:

    1: Private Message the Game Master your Character Sheet for approval! Do not post your Character Sheet in thread or you will be ignored!
    2: GM’s word is law. If you have any issues with how things are going, please PM the GM and we’ll sort it out.
    3: Please keep OOC talk to a minimum if you have questions for, or issues with, other players or the GM please resolve them in a PM.
    3: No Godmoding, violators will be removed from the game.
    4: Follow TOS rules.
    5: Have fun.


    TAG: Admiral Volshe GrimdarkRose
     
  2. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Name: Maya
    Age: 26
    Gender: Female
    Race: Zeltron
    Homeworld: Zeltros
    Height: about 5 feet
    Appearance: Maya has red skin and dark brown hair cut extremely short, violet eyes, and a silvery durasteel left arm. She dresses extremely modestly by Zeltron standards, preferring grey utility trousers and jacket, over a white sleeveless top, and a utility belt. She wears no make-up or jewellery.
    Personality: Reckless, sarcastic and unwaveringly optimistic. In true Zeltron style, she is enthusiastic and committed to everything she does, to an almost dangerous extent. The loss of her left arm made her a little more cautious, but not much. Cares about others a great deal more than she lets on.
    Force-sensitive? No.
    Weapons: Small blaster, vibroblade hidden in prosthetic arm,
    Bio: Born on a planet obsessed with sex and romance and caring for neither, Maya grew up under the care of Zeltron mechanics and technicians who instilled in her a deep love for ships and droids that has lasted all her life. When she was fifteen, she left her friends on Zeltros behind to take up the life of a pilot, mechanic and adventurer for hire, taking on odd jobs across the galaxy. The credits from her first job were spent on having her pheromone glands permanently removed. Over the following decade, she lost her arm, but gained experience and incredible skill at piloting and became fluent in droidspeak. She isn't much use on the ground or in a fight, but the controls of a ship or 'fighter are her territory.
     
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  3. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    ** APPROVED**

    Character Sheet:

    Name: Ve'saria Rue (Vee Ruza)
    Gender: Female
    Age: 23
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Telos
    Height: 5'7"
    Appearance: Emerald Eyes, Long brownish hair, usually long and messy in front of face, unless she is working, and then it is pulled back into ponytail. Tall and lean, almost muscular.Usually dressed in various browns when working, or bright blue tunics and pants. She has a wooden 'walking stick' she keeps with her.
    Personality: Until she gets to 'know' someone, she keeps them at arms length, so she can seem rather stoic. But once comfortable, she is outgoing, and friendly. she is also very cautious, this she credits to her 5 brothers and sister who constantly worked to 'toughen her up', much to her annoyance. (ie..she can fight hand to hand.)
    Force Sensitive: (Yes or No): Yeppers
    Weapons: 1 vibroknife, 2 Bola type weapons, 4 flash bangers, 2 sonic grenades,
    Bio: Vee came from a loving, home with caring parents. They were middle class, but willing to work hard to get their children what was needed. Ve is the last child, out of 6 other siblings, and had absolutely NO desire to join in on the 'family business' of exotic horticulture. Her dad is an accomplished scientist, able to splice and dice plants to make unique statements, but she wanted something with a bit more excitement. Which is darn near anything, as far as she is concerned. She loves old stories. She is a document specialist. She can read old documents and legends, maps, and other items in many old and sometimes dead languages. If it's written down, she can read it. She can also date documents rather well, and her keen eyes can pick out forgeries. Even electronic ones leave signs she can read. She is also good with the verbal languages, understanding Wookie, Basic, Bothan, Astometic droid, Huttese, and Mando'a. (Dont ask). She uses another name to protect her family. (In case she does something stupid)
     
  4. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    OCC: In Collaboration and permission with our most glorious GM - galactic-vagabond422

    Ve'saria Rue (Vee Ruza) & Diomeade Falkirk
    Location: Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Vee looked around the cantina. Not a surprise though. After all, anybody looking for a bit of adventure wouldn't be exactly sitting out in a ritzy place. She pushed her goggles up, as she scanned the place, while dusting the dirt from her parka as she walked in. The soft thump of her walking staff punctuating her steps. She was here, because of a commlink message. A rather curious message, which led her here. Namadii was a sparsely populated planet and this cantina was equally barren. A few patrons sat at the bar drinking what ever was available, a one or two of the tables were occupied.

    Right in the middle in front of the entrance sat Diomeade Falkirk, an old druos spacer and adventurer. The lines across his forehead were covered by a fur lined nerf-hide cap that covered his head and ears. Unbuckled straps hung from the portions that went over his ears and a pair of goggles with smoked lenses were perched above his brow. He looked up and smiled a little, the lines around his mouth getting deeper. She didn't look like a native but, maybe she was just another traveler looking for a place to rest for a while. There was something in her emerald eyes that told him she was looking for adventure, something he could provide.

    "Excuse me miss," he started waving her over, "You wouldn't happen to be looking for Diomeade Falkirk, would ya'" he paused for a bit, "If you are, you've found him." He put a hand on his chest and gave another smirk. With his other hand he gestured for the being to sit down.

    Vee's eyebrow went up a bit, as she moved to walk over to his table. With a nod of her head, she took the offer of a seat, putting her stick next to her. "Names Vee. And yes, I might be." she answered the man offering a very slight smile of her own, "if you're looking to hire on some folks." Vee kept a cautious distance as she carefully watched the man body movements. "I hear you might be looking for some people with a few, ahh... hard to find talents." Vee smiled. "Dont go all bantha now. I'm legit. Im a class A doc spec. I can read and translate dang near anything that is written. And Im not talking just the crud on flexies. But the old stuff..you know. Paper. Old script." Vee looked over, making sure nobody was getting to interested in their discussion.

    Vee waited to see if the man seemed interested. If he seemed to like what he heard so far, she would continue. Though she looked calm on the outside, she was a ball of nerves inside. She had to be the professional, but this was the first time she had tried to hire on for a solo gig. It was quite a head-rush. She willed herself to be still, while she waited for him to respond.

    Diomeade gave the being another look, as he put his thoughts in order. He stroked his chin, "I can translate a lot of languages myself but," Vee held her breath as he tapped the side of his head, "Sometimes things slip, good to have another set of eyes on things." He extended his hand towards the human. "Welcome aboard Miss Vee, we have a few hours before we head out, I suggest you say your good byes and get your stuff together and meet back here." Vee looked down at the hand being extended to her. He said YES! And she WASN'T getting a creepy vibe from the man, as she had felt from a few others she had dealt with. But she was finally on her way. What luck! This could be the one. If nothing else, she will have a great story to tell. She reached down, shaking the the man's hand.

    "Alright, Falkirk. Long as we talking fair shares here of what's found, sounds good to me. Guarantee, you wont be disappointed." She let go of the man's hand. "I'll grab my gear. Be back within the hour. Vee waited to hear if the man had anything else to say, before dropping her goggles back down over her eyes. With that, she picked up her stick, and headed bad up to gather her things. She remembered to keep her cool, and stay calm until she walked outside the cantina. Grinning wildly, she took off running to grab her gear, in order to get back quickly.


    TAG: galactic-vagabond422
     
  5. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    IC: Maya Blue
    Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Maya felt the eyes of the old Duros bearing into her. She could feel his uncertainty, how he was sizing her up, deciding whether or not to trust her, not sure what to make of her. Given the reputation her species had gained, she didn't blame him one bit. "Look, I'm not trying to trick you, ok? See here..." She dragged down the neck of her jacket, revealing a small, fine scar, one of many that now covered her body. "Pheromone glands removed. I couldn't affect you if I wanted to. Which I don't, by the way." She leaned her elbows on the table separating them, grinning in spite of herself. "You know I'm good enough. I'll get you where you need to go, no problems. For free, too. You think I do that often? That's right. I don't. This is a special offer. One time only, and you're the lucky winner." He was still uncertain, she could tell, and she had to admit it looked suspicious. Turning up out of nowhere to a spacer known for his wild ravings of lost Sith treasures, claiming to believe him where no one else would. She knew she would be, and her kind were known for being gullible! "Not sayin' I don't expect a share of the loot, you understand, just that, until said loot is found, I won't ask a single credit of you. That's all. You know I'm good. I'll fix anything. And I can speak droidspeak, too. As for my piloting skills.." She paused for effect, smirking, "I can promise you, you won't find better anywhere in this system." She looked him in the eyes, not quite believing she was doing this, or how badly she wanted to be a part of this. "So, am I in?"

    “Hmmm…” the old spacer, Diomeade Falkirk, leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at the being across from him. He remained silent for another moment, then moved away, pressing his back into his chair. “I don’t have much need for a pilot,” he said with a smile, putting his hand on his chest as he continued, “I’ve been getting myself between these stars for a long time.” He held his hand forward, palm now facing out, “But, I could always use a good mechanic, and that droidspeak of yours could be useful.” His hand turned, offering it in for a shake. “Welcome aboard. Miss…”

    "Blue. Maya Blue." She took the offered hand, "Terrible name, I know. But I'm stuck with it."

    "Pleasure meeting you Miss Blue," he dropped the shake, "We have some time before we shove off, I suggest you get your things in order and say your goodbyes, we meet back here in a couple of hours."

    She nodded, and stood up, stretching, "Thank you, Mr Falkirk. Means a lot."


    Maya travelled light, it took her no more than a few minutes to amass the few possesions not already hung on her utility belt: toolkit; datapad; a few small mementos she'd kept from Zeltros; sleeping clothes; a pair of black synthsilk gloves and some spare parts for her arm, and to pack them into a small bag. She drove a rented speeder back to the spaceport, her small ship already being flown away by its new owner. Maybe she was making a mistake. She couldn't tell. Either way, it was too late to turn back now, and Maya really shouldn't have felt so happy at the thought.


    OOC: Diomeade Falkirk's words and actions were written by galactic-vagabond422
     
    Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  6. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Ve'saria Rue (Vee Ruza)
    Location: Namadii

    Vee didnt take long at all. She all but ran back to where she had stashed her items. The dinky room she had been staying in, she would be leaving it far behind. Probably a good thing too. She did take the time to send a quick holo to her family, letting her know she would be out on a job. Course, she had to have a argument with one of her older brothers about her 'job'. Why couldnt mom have just picked up the call. UGH! Anyway, she didnt give any explanations, but simply said she was fine, and for them to take care, before quickly hanging up. Nothing was going to spoil her good mood.

    That done, she quickly packed up the rest. She took the time to order and eat a meal, because she didnt know when the next good one would come from. She slipped the goggles down back over her eyes, and slipping her poncho back around her, and slinging both her packs with her gear, she trudged back to the Corridor Cantina, ready for the party to begin. She took a seat, as she waited for Diomeade Falkirk to appear.


    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
     
  7. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    The cantina was more or less the same as it had been when Maya left it. Not a surprise, really. The quiet hubbub of voices talking in every language, the pressing of a thousand emotions against her senses, the smell of food and drink. This was it then. She'd found a holocomm booth at the spaceport, using some of her last credits to place an expensive call to Zeltros and to her friend, Jem, who was just as warm and friendly as Maya remembered. Always wanting to hear of her friend's next adventure, and gossiping freely of life back home. Jemima preferred just the one romantic partner, a rarity among their species, and maybe the reason the two fitted together so well. Not that their home planet wasn't accepting of their differences, far from it, but the feeling of being slightly separate from the others had drawn the two together. She left her friend with stories of the Zabrak pirate captain she'd spent four months working for, alongside promises to call again as soon as the mission was done.

    Maya didn't tell her that there was a pretty big if missing from that statement.

    She scanned the cantina boredly, not expecting much. She'd already eaten, and had never liked the taste of alcohol anyway. Only a few minutes until Mr. Falrik showed up. Time to meet some of her fellow adventurers, if she could find any.

    A woman sitting at one of the tables near where she had first met the old Duros caught her eye. Poncho, goggles, walking stick. Maya's Zeltron telepathy detected anticipation from her, much the same kind as her own, as she drew closer. By the time she was next to the woman, all those emotions had blurred the lines, becoming her own. Her species was funny like that. Well then. Introduction time. "Nice bag. I'm assuming you've been sucked into fantastical tales of lost Sith treasures?" She indicated her own battered bag and tool belt, "Well, so have I, so I imagine some introductions are in order. I'm Maya, and I'll be your mechanic, reserve pilot and resident droid whisperer for this flight. May I?" Without waiting for an answer, Maya took the seat opposite, dumping her bag onto the floor. She stuck out a hand, "And you are...?"

    TAG: Ktala
     
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  8. Darth Ukendt

    Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

    Registered:
    Apr 24, 2015
    Name: Iokop'pudet (Ioko Ppudet)
    Gender: Male
    Age: 17.3
    Race: Twi'lek
    Homeworld: Darkknell
    Height: 5'6
    Appearance: Yellow skinned, fades through orange to red along arms, legs, and lekku, red on palms and...whatever the foot equivalent of a palm is. Effeminate in build, to the point of constantly being mistaken for a flat-chested female Twi'lek. Wears pale clothing in contrast to his bright skin colours, this clothing normally includes brown pants too big for his waist, and the rest of his legs, held up by a holster-belt for a small gun, as well as a tight, white, short-sleeved short. He also wears goggles on his head, and a brown vest, for the simple reason that he finds them "cool". His eyes are also green.
    Personality: Irritable, has a tendency to try shooting anyone who mistakes him for a her. Otherwise carefree, a bit jumpy.
    Force Sensitive: No.
    Weapons: Small gun, held in holster-belt.
    Bio: When he was young, he met a bounty hunter, and liked the guy, decided to become one later on. When he was not so young, he bought a ship and set off to make monies. When he heard about the treasure of Darth Malum, he immediately signed up.
     
  9. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Ve'saria Rue (Vee Ruza)
    Location: Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Vee took a seat, as she waited for Diomeade Falkirk to re-appear. She she sat at the table, she idily listened in to the conversations around her. She also looked to see if she saw anyone else who had been here earlier. Flipping a piece of metal from the top of a popular drink between her fingers, she sat, hoping that the guy running the show wouldn't take too long to return. She became aware of movement close to her.

    "Nice bag." Vee looked up to see a red skinned female with short brown hair and, was her arm silver? The Zeltron female looked over at her. "I'm assuming you've been sucked into fantastical tales of lost Sith treasures?" Vee quickly eyed the other patrons, but she didnt sense any danger at the moment. Was this woman crazy, saying such things out loud in a place like this? The woman then indicated her own battered bag and tool belt, "Well, so have I, so I imagine some introductions are in order. I'm Maya, and I'll be your mechanic, reserve pilot and resident droid whisperer for this flight. May I?" And without even waiting for an answer, the woman took the seat opposite Vee, dumping her bag onto the floor. 'Wait what? Mechanic? Reserve pilot? Well, Vee guessed that made sense. Falkirk cant do everything. But the way he acted, he sure thought he could.

    The woman who called herself Maya stuck out a hand, "And you are...?" she inquired. Vee looked down at the hand being offered to her. "Vee. Name's Vee." The woman seemed friendly enough. No bad vibes so far. At least there was another female on the ship. That had to be a good sign, right? She reached over and shook the womans hand. "Mechanic huh? Well,..." hopefully, we wont need that skill too often." Vee gave a nod and slight grin. "But you do droidspeak huh? .. just binary, or do you do Babno too?" Vee's curiosity was now peeked. "Seen anything of the ship yet?" she asked Maya. Vee tried not to get her hopes up too high. She knew it was not like some fancy cruiser, but she hoped it wasnt a wreck either. Vee leaned her chin on her staff, as she waited to hear what the woman had to say.


    TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose
     
  10. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Corridor Cantina

    "Vee. Names Vee." The human seemed friendly, if reserved. She hadn't ignored her, threatened her or drawn a blaster, which was really the best anyone could hope for in a place like this. Maya was almost certain the woman, Vee, was involved in the search for the treasure, but couldn't begin to guess what role she played. Not a mechanic, Maya was sure. Falkirk wouldn't have recruited two people to fulfil one role, given his certainty he could do everything himself, no matter how big his ship might be. Maybe a fighter? Maya could easily imagine that staff to contain a hidden weapon, a blade perhaps, and the woman clearly carried more weaponry on her person. Whatever her role, anyone who didn't distrust her based on her species was a decent person to spend an indefinite amount of time sharing a ship with. Oh, Vee was asking her something. Maya dragged herself from her thoughts and paid attention. "Mechanic, huh?" Maya nodded. "Well...hopefully we won't need that skill to often.' Maya returned Vee's grin. The human continued; "But you do droidspeak too, huh?" Please don't mention navicomputers, please don't mention navicomputers... "Just binary, or do you do Babno too?" Maya breathed a silent sigh of relief, but Vee had one more question; "Seen any of the ship yet?" Maya held up her hands in mock surrender, grinning widely again, but decided she liked Vee. The much taller woman had her priorities right. Falkirk's ship would be the difference between triumphant success and bitter, humiliating failure.
    "If it has circuits, I can speak to it. Spoken, numerical, binary, code, you name it. I'm the best there is! As for the ship, I haven't seen it. Could be any of the junk piles I've seen on my way here. Nothing I can't fix, but there's only so much even I can do." She placed her hands, real and cyborg, over her heart, adopting a mock-serious expression, "We can nought but hope. Falkirk probably wouldn't advertise for a crew if he didn't have a decent ship." And hey, functioning junk pile better than broken junk pile. "So, what's your job on this crazy quest then? You seem pretty tough, a fighter maybe?" Maya absentmindedly tapped her durasteel fingers against her knee, considering possibilities and awaiting Vee's answer.

    TAG Ktala, galactic-vagabond422
     
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  11. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Ve'saria Rue (Vee Ruza)
    Location: Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Vee was pleasantly surprised to hear the woman's response. "If it has circuits, I can speak to it. Spoken, numerical, binary, code, you name it. I'm the best there is!" 'Well, we'll see about THAT' Vee thought to herself, as she grinned. The woman continued, "As for the ship, I haven't seen it. Could be any of the junk piles I've seen on my way here. Nothing I can't fix, but there's only so much even I can do." She placed her hands, real and cyborg, over her heart, adopting a mock-serious expression, "We can nought but hope." Vee made a face. She certainly hopped it was not a flying wreck. Maya continued, "Falkirk probably wouldn't advertise for a crew if he didn't have a decent ship."
    Well.... Vee wasnt too sure about that! The guy did seem a bit cocky. And looking for treasure..well, that was a kinda dangerous job. Never knew what the other folks have planned. Kinda like some of the stories she had read about old fashioned pirate ship kinda thing. She hoped the man had a decent ship. It would really suck to get stuck someplace, cause the old spacer didnt keep his ship updated. Vee's attention was caught when Maya continued speaking.

    "So, what's your job on this crazy quest then? You seem pretty tough, a fighter maybe?" Maya asked her.
    Vee leaned back. "Me? Well, if you need to know about a plant, I can pretty much tell ya about it. But thats just a hobby. I'm a Doc-Ve. I can pick out forgeries in documents, read pretty much any type of document put down in writing, and I'm pretty good and translating as well. I'm really good at maps." Vee winked. "And fight? Well, yeah..I can hold my own. Not a Merc."

    Vee leaned back in thought. She wondered if they would need one. Hope not, but if they were looking for lost treasure, it would probably be a good idea. Well, there was still the other crew that they had not met yet, so right now, all Vee could do is wait and see.

    "Well, should be interesting to see what other crew he hires up." Vee said with a grin.



    TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose
     
  12. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    GM Note

    Note to all players and potential players I will be starting the game in earnest Friday Nov. 27 in the afternoon. If you haven't finished and submitted your Character Sheet yet I suggest you do so before Friday afternoon. If this deadline is unacceptable, please PM me and we'll try and sort it out.

    TAG: Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose Ktala Admiral Volshe
     
    GrimdarkRose and Darth Ukendt like this.
  13. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Corridor Cantina

    Maya shouldn't have been so surprised at Vee's answer. "Me? Well, if you need to know about a plant, I can pretty much tell ya about it. But that's just a hobby. I'm a Doc-Ve." Of course. Maya had misinterpreted the younger woman's surge of competitive spirit as a general sentiment of 'My job is more valuable than yours', as opposed to real professional pride in her work. Did Maya detect a slight challenge, too? This would be fun. And Maya wouldn't be called to decrypt every comm signal and coded message that came their way. Everybody wins.

    Doc-Vee continued; "I can pick out forgeries in documents, read pretty much any type of document put down in writing, and I'm pretty good at translating as well. I'm really good at maps." She winked. Maya smirked and learned back in her chair. I'd call you a show-off if I wasn't just as bad. Doc-Vee continued; "And fight? Well, yeah, I can hold my own. Not a Merc." Maya got the sense that this was a severe understatement. This wasn't telepathy, just a gut feeling. She contemplated this for a moment, before dismissing the idea.

    Doc-Vee broke the silence. "Well, should be interesting to see what other crew he hires up." Maya couldn't agree more. She leaned forward, checking her chrono.

    "We won't have to wait long either. They're gonna be here soon." She felt a flutter of excitement. This was happening.

    "Well, Doc-Vee, I can't wait to work with you. And whatever bounty hunters, mercs and antique specialists join us on the mission, of course."

    TAG: Ktala, galactic-vagabond422
     
    Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  14. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Diomeade Falkirk
    Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Diomeade reentered the Cantina where he’d setup shop, and looked around for the beings that he’d hired on. There weren’t many but hopefully they had enough skills between them to see this adventure though. If there were lacking in some department, the old spacer was sure he could make up the difference; he had been doing this sort of thing for almost fifty years.

    That time had taken its toll on the Duros. His joints ached in the increased humidity of an approaching storm. He would have to worry about his aches and pains for too much longer, this was his last adventure. He’d been traveling for too long it was time to settle down maybe, on Tatooine or Dantoonie somewhere slow and quiet, give him a restful last few years, a good counter balance to his life spent hurrying from star to star.

    He put his hand on his chest feeling the ring hidden under his shirt, a reminder of his Phoebe, his wife of many years that past about a year back.

    He’d sent word to the Borei, informing Thallass that he’d be arriving shortly with new crew. He wandered over to the two crewmembers having a chat. He smiled, it was good to see them getting to know each other, they might be working together for a while.

    “If you’ll follow me, we need to shove off before the storm hits.” He walked off to the third being he’d hired a young Twi’lek who’d been awfully quite. “Hope you’re ready, we head out now.” He moved toward the exit throwing a glace over his shoulder making sure the others were following.

    On the way to where he had his ship stored a few figures blocked their path. Coming closer Diomeade recognized on of them.

    “Abregado Pavin.” He said addressing the Snivvian in a broad brimmed hat that was chewing on a tooth pick. “Haven’t seen you in a while.” As he was speaking, Diomeade looked at the three other beings with Abregado. One was a Theelin, pinkish skin, with a blue segmented scarf looking thing around her neck, she was leaned up against a wall, cleaning the fingernails of her right hand with a deactivated vibro-knife. Another was a Half-Bothan dressed in a brown blast vest with a blaster carbine held across his chest. The third figure stood out the most of this motely group. They were a Pho Ph'eahian, four arms in a gray utility jumpsuit with two pistols on his hips.

    “Surprised to see me alive Diomeade?” The Snivvian called out, “I expect you would be, seeings how you left me to die on that last job we pulled.”

    Diomeade took a step forward extending his finger in an accusatory fashion towards Abregado, “It wasn’t my fault you got greedy.”

    “I would’ve had plenty of time if your boy hadn’t set off that self-destruct protocol.”

    “Don’t you dare bring my grandson into this,” the Duros’ voice grew louder, “he’s allowed to make some mistakes,”

    “That mistake nearly cost me my life!” Abregado spat back

    “I gave you plenty of time to get out, but you refused.”

    “I’m not like you Diomeade,” Abregado took a step forward, hand hovering over his blaster “I don’t have a fortune stored up to cover my costs. I need to make money when I can, and that derelict was my ticket.”

    “What do you expect me to do about your problems?”

    “I just want what’s mine, give me my share of that last job.”

    Diomeade gave a look back to his crew, seeing their reaction to what was going on. “I don’t have the money.” he returned his red eyes back to the threating being in front of him, “In fact most of my credits are sunk into this current venture, if you’d be willing…”

    “I don’t have time for your tricks old man,” Abregado drew his pistol and leveled it at Diomeade, the rest of the beings with the Snivvian followed suit, the quad-armed Pho Ph'eahian drawing four heavy blasters. “Just give me the money now and I’ll be on my way.”

    “I just told you I can’t.” Diomeade drew his DL-44 and pointed it at Abregado. “Just walk away Abregado. I’ll pay you back once I return.”

    “No, no way old man, I know you’re looking for that treasure, it’s a fool’s errand, I’ll take payment now.” He turned his gaze to the beings following Diomeade. “You’re idiots for taking him up on this job,” his voice was loud and clear, “You’ll end up with nothing at best, or dead at worst, best to just take your leave now.”

    DIomeade gave one last look to the crew he’d gathered earlier, would they abandon him now just as the adventure was beginning?


    TAG: Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose Ktala

    OOC: I'm assuming that all of you follow Diomeade, feel free to write your character's thoughts following Diomeade and their reactions to the current situation.

    Also, my apologies, when I said Friday afternoon I meant afternoon EST.
     
    Ktala, Darth Ukendt and GrimdarkRose like this.
  15. Darth Ukendt

    Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

    Registered:
    Apr 24, 2015
    "Hope you're ready, we head out now," Ioko had spaced out a bit there, excited about the adventure at hand, he smiled at the knowledge that it was about to begin. He stood up, and tightened his belts, tapping his gun to the beat of a song, and humming said song. He thought back to the first he'd met a bounty hunter, he was a nice guy, he thought to himself. There were two other recruits, they'd been talking, that's nice, he thought to himself, he realized he'd been thinking everything nice, he must've been tired, that's what he did when he was tired, that and trail off...and space out...he'd been doing those too...he was tired.

    He looked around, he stared at the door for a while, he spaced out, thinking about that bounty hunter again, he realized there were aggressive looking people out there talking to the Falkirk, he paid a little bit of attention to the conversation. The leader guy didn't like the Falkirk, the Falkirk had a grandson, that's nice, Ioko thought, he then slapped himself to wake up. It worked, for the most part, the Falkirk drew a gun, the other guy spoke, "You'll end up with nothing at best, or dead at worst," Ioko contemplated this, if they didn't get anything, then they'd at least get something, experience, intelligence, or credits, it'd all be justifiable methods of payment, and if he were to die, then perhaps he'd die an adventurer, a death worthy of a legacy, a legacy, too, was justifiable payment.

    Ioko drew his gun, he'd stay with the Falkirk, the Falkirk seemed like he could be trusted.
     
  16. Shira A'dola

    Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 4, 2012
    Character Sheet:

    Name: Ooloo
    Gender: Male
    Age: Several centuries
    Race: Celegian
    Homeworld: Celegia
    Height: 2.1m (6.8ft)
    Appearance: He's giant floating brain in a jar. Slightly faded crimson with white splotches, and peach-coloured tentacles.
    Personality: Highly sarcastic with a feeling of entitlement.
    Force Sensitive (Yes or No): Yes, but mild.
    Weapons: Telepathy, mild force-sensitivity, telekinesis, "mind" control, his and Oozoo's brainwashed crew.
    Bio: Born on Celegia, Oozoo met Ooloo and the two became close (well, as close as two entitled, sarcastic floating brains can be), deciding to use their intelligence and talents not for good - but for chaos and Galactic domination.
     
  17. Admiral Volshe

    Admiral Volshe Force Ghost star 10

    Registered:
    Sep 2, 2012
    Character Sheet - GM approved! :)

    Name: Oozoo
    Gender: Male
    Age: Many centuries old.
    Race: Celegian
    Homeworld: Celegia
    Height: 2.1 m
    Appearance: Floating brain. Pale with pink splotches and brownish patches. A strange protuberance on his left frontal lobe.
    Personality: Sarcastic, scheming, no-nonsense.
    Force Sensitive (Yes or No): Yes. Has typical Celegian traits, mild Force sensitivity.
    Weapons: None, except the brainwashed crew they have with them and their telepathy, telekinesis, and mind 'control'.
    Bio: Born on Celegia. Oozoo met Ooloo and the two became close, deciding to use their intelligence and talents not for good - but for chaos and Galactic domination.
     
  18. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Corridor Cantina

    Maya saw the Duros approach their table out of the corner of her eye, looking...pleased? Smiling, anyway. Probably a good sign. She was reaching for her bag before he even opened his mouth; "If you'll follow me, we need to shove off before the storm hits.". Maya muttered a "told you so" to Doc-Vee as she got up and followed Falkirk to a yellow Twi'lek, probably the other hired crewmember. He seemed nice, if a little distracted. Maya heard him humming softly to himself as he stood up.The trio followed Falkirk to the exit and, Maya presumed, to his ship. She hoped it was a good one. Preferably a robust one with lots of engines. Guns would be useful, if not essential, and a small ship for scouting and the like would be good. If the rumours were true, armour and defence weapons were ideal, although she'd settle for a good, fast engine. Was an astromech too much to hope for? Navigational computers maybe? Neither Maya, Doc-Vee or the Twi'lek looked to be much good at navigation, although she guessed Falkirk might be the one to fulfil that role. Then again, she had no idea what the Twi'lek's job was. She'd taken it to be another mechanic or perhaps pilot, based on his goggles and clothing, although a fighter or bounty hunter wouldn't have been out of the question, given the way his hand rested on his blaster with an ease Maya could never hope to match. Good to have at least one crewmember good with a blaster. Maya was decent with one, but nowhere near a professional level. She might end up doing more harm than good in a shoot-out on the ground.
    Maya was jolted out of her musings by Falkirk's voice, speaking to one of four beings blocking their path. "Abregado Pavin. Haven't seen you in a while" It didn't take a genius to see that the two spacers had some kind of history. Maya's left hand dropped to her blaster, gripping it loosely as she watched the confrontation. She doubted she'd last long against any of these guys, but if it was all the same, she'd rather go down with a blaster in her hand. Or just not go down at all. Hm. Falkirk having a 'fortune saved up' sounded useful, and she really needed to stop assuming things, because this was not the first, second or even third time she had been caught off-guard by information today. Falkirk had a grandson? And owed money to this shavhead?
    There were blasters being pointed now, threats and promises exchanged. Pavin spoke directly to Falkirk's recruits. Nice of him. "You're idiots for taking him up on this job. You'll end up with nothing at best, or dead at worst, best to just take your leave now." Next to her, Maya saw the Twi'lek draw his blaster, making their decision clear through actions rather than words.
    Maya looked the Snivvian in the eyes, smiled and shrugged, voice and blaster now raised and aimed directly at him; "Sorry, but I've already made up my mind, said my goodbyes and all. I'd look kind of stupid coming back without going anywhere first. What would I say?" She tried her hardest to keep her voice light and unconcerned. If it came to a fight, she might be able to get one of these guys. Turning to Falkirk, she lowered her voice, allowing a frown to slip across her face. "You really owe this guy money?" Then, after another moment's consideration; "I'll take the Theelin. I'm better with a vibroblade than I am with this thing."

    TAG: galactic-vagabond422,Ktala, Darth Ukendt
     
  19. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    IC: Vee Ruza
    Location: Corridor Cantina, Namadii


    Vee broke the silence. "Well, should be interesting to see what other crew he hires up." Maya couldn't agree more. She leaned forward, checking her chrono. "We won't have to wait long either. They're gonna be here soon." Vee laughed softly. Well, this girl seemed friendly enough. Perhaps the trip wouldnt be too bad. She didnt get any bad vibes from the girl so far. But Vee knew that could change quickly enough. A bit of motion over to the side, and Vee looked over to see Diomeade Falkirk, quickly walking towards them, smiling.

    “If you’ll follow me, we need to shove off before the storm hits.” he told them. Storm? Vee looked over at Maya, shrugging her shoulders as she stood, using her walking stick to help her stand. She watched as Falkirk walked over to a Twi'lek. “Hope you’re ready, we head out now.” He then turned and moved towards the exit. No intros or anything. Vee raised an eyebrow, as she looked over at the new person, but then began to move, to follow Falkirk out of the cantina.She noted that the new person didnt say anything. Was too busy humming some tune. Vee looked back over to Maya for a moment, before she quickly moved to keep up with Falkirk, who glanced back at them, and then kept walking.

    Vee was excited to finally begin this quest. Could she call it that? What the heck, whatever words were used to describe it, it was bound to be interesting. They were on the main streets, heading for what Vee knew was the main ship docking bay area nearby, when she felt something. She frowned, and began to slow down, as she moved to walk pace with Maya. The Twi'lek was close also. Something didnt feel... Her train of thought was suddenly interrupted as a few figures blocked their path and then walked forward. Vee watched Falkirk's reaction to the group.

    Just their body language seemed to indicate trouble. Falkirk called one by name. Races she wasnt quite familiar with, but she studied them intently. Big hat, chewing on a piece of wood. As they talked, Vee scanned the other three uglies.

    Big Hat. Pink skin girl with blue something hanging around her neck. Using a vibro to pick her nails. Cure. Another was a being she knew was at least partly Bothan. He was holding some interesting hardware across his chest. She wondered if it was just for show. Probably not. But its was hard to say. The last being... He certainly was different. four arms in a gray utility jumpsuit with two pistols on his hips. Probably had a few more pistols on him too. Wow. Ugly group.

    As the main two continued to 'chat' it sounded to Vee like some deal that went really bad. But Falkik wasnt backing down, as he took a few step forward, and pointed his finger towards the guy. Arguments and words flew. Something about Falkirk's grandson... This sure wasnt sounding too good. Then things really got interesting, as the alien in the big hat declared:

    “I just want what’s mine, give me my share of that last job.”

    Diomeade gave a look back towards Maya, the Twi'lek and Vee. He then looked back at big hat once more. “I don’t have the money....In fact most of my credits are sunk into this current venture, if you’d be willing…” Vee began to move just slightly, as she now carefully watched body language now, trusting her instincts.

    “I don’t have time for your tricks old man,” Big Hat drew his pistol and leveled it at Diomeade, the rest of the beings behind the guy did as well, with 4 arms drawing four heavy blasters. Gee, what a surprise.“

    They argued some more. Big Hat wanted his money now. Diomeade wasnt going with any of it. Then big hat looked over towards the others and Vee. "You’re idiots for taking him up on this job,” his voice was loud and clear, “You’ll end up with nothing at best, or dead at worst, best to just take your leave now.” Vee saw the Twi'lek draw his weapon as well. Could this be a test of some sort? Falkirk looked back over at them again. If it was, it sure wasnt a good one. Vee looked back over at Maya and the Twi'lek who had not said anything, but was busy holding his weapon. So was Maya.

    Maya smiled and shrugged, voice and blaster now raised and aimed directly at him; "Sorry, but I've already made up my mind, said my goodbyes and all. I'd look kind of stupid coming back without going anywhere first. What would I say?" Maya turned to Falkirk, she lowered her voice, allowing a frown to slip across her face. "You really owe this guy money?" Then, after another moment's consideration; "I'll take the Theelin. I'm better with a vibroblade than I am with this thing."

    Vee suddenly laughed out loud.

    "Boy, Are you a stupid vek." She declared to Big Hat. "True, we aint got nothing to do with your troubles, but killing him wont get you anything. You still be just as broke, and probably somebody looking for you." Vee leaned against a wall, her walking stick carefully proped up under her arm. "Me? I like my odds at trying to earn some extra scratch. Cant come out any more worse for wear than what I am now. Might not be the big haul, but it will be something." Vee adjusted her googles, as she looked at the group in front of her, as she spoke, still standing behind Falkirk. "Since I dont think he be packing any major credits on him, him probably speaking truth. Dosent really matter. Even if he's lying, you aint getting anything. Had you been smarter, you would have caught him before. And yer group...you promised them something too? I take it they not gonna be too happy, if you come up empty. A promise is better than nothing. Or at least take a peek, to see if he might be telling the truth, and you be missing out on one big slice of the pie."

    Vee chuckled softly. "...Course...that's just me." she added with a grin. Vee was used to dealing with her siblings. She just hoped it was something similar dealing with these thugs.



    TAG: Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose galactic-vagabond422



    OPC: EDIT! DANG IT!! :p
     
  20. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Diomeade Falkirk
    Outside the Corridor Cantina, Namadii

    Diomeade heard blasters being drawn behind him, part of him wondered if they were being pointed at his own back.

    "Sorry, but I've already made up my mind,” Maya started, a slight smirk grew across Diomeade’s face, “said my goodbyes and all. I'd look kind of stupid coming back without going anywhere first. What would I say?" She lowered her voice so as not to be heard by the other group, "You really owe this guy money?" Diomeade tilted his head slightly shrugging his left shoulder, "I'll take the Theelin. I'm better with a vibroblade than I am with this thing." The Duros was unsure if the being in question heard the exchange but, her actions seemed to answer. The pink skinned individual tugged slightly on the scaf with her right hand. The sound of quietly scraping metal emanated from the object.

    A laugh echoed through the street "Boy, Are you a stupid vek." Abregado’s attention shifted to the Human that had made the utterance. In that instant Diomeade gave thought to pulling the trigger, and putting a hole in the Snivvian’s head. He stayed his hand allowing his new crewmember to finish. "True, we ain't got nothing to do with your troubles, but killing him won’t get you anything. You still be just as broke, and probably somebody looking for you." Abregado snarled a bit, "Me? I like my odds at trying to earn some extra scratch. Can’t come out any more worse for wear than what I am now. Might not be the big haul, but it will be something." Diomeade nodded his head slightly, agreeing with Vee’s assessment. “Since I don’t think he be packing any major credits on him, him probably speaking truth. Doesn't really matter. Even if he's lying, you ain't getting anything. Had you been smarter, you would have caught him before. And yer group...you promised them something too? I take it they not gonna be too happy, if you come up empty. A promise is better than nothing. Or at least take a peek, to see if he might be telling the truth, and you be missing out on one big slice of the pie."

    There was a long silence, Abregado looked to his companions his insecurities visible in his eyes. The Theelin nodded her head slightly, she seemed loyal. The other two tightened up on their guns which Diomeade could now identify, The Half-Bothan standing on his undulating legs held a 9118 heavy carbine leveled at the Twi’lek, Ioko. The Pho Ph'eahian held four identical DT-57s, each one could kill a being in medium armor with a single shot, they would tear straight though the unarmored group.

    A hardy laugh bellowed from Abregado, “You must be younger than I thought,” He said looking to Vee, who was leaning against a wall, “If you believe in that children's tale.” He snorted a bit, “The Treasure of Darth Malum, heh, it doesn’t exist, no one ever comes back with anything but tall tales of a Black Ship that’s followed by death itself.” Another chuckle slipped between the Snivvian’s teeth. “All lies, just stories they tell to explain why they came back with nothing. Both me and Diomeade know of many explorers and spacers that gave up everything to find it, only to return home, broke and destitute.” His attention turned back to the Duros, “You remember Vic don’t you Diomeade,” the old spacer set his jaw, “Ate his own balster a while back, you know why.” Abregado paused of a bit, “Because he went looking for this treasure and came back with nothing, he lost his ship, his wife, everything. Eventually he just couldn’t take it, and” a creepy smile bloomed across Abregado’s, “Well, let’s just say it took a while to clean up afterwards.”

    Diomeade hissed, “You’re riding a line here Abregado.”

    “Your crew needs to know what they’re getting into here Diomeade.” Abregado cooed as he turned his attention back to Vee. “You’re chasing a phantom, you’d be better off farming moisture on Tatooine.” He returned his gaze to the Duros, “Now Diomeade you should be ashamed of yourself,” He gestured to Maya with his head a grin on his face, “I mean paling around with Zeltrons half your age, what would Phoebe say.” The hiss became a growl. “And what kind of example would you set for Thallass.” His eyes scanned the group again settling on the young Twi’lek. “You," he started trying to get the young man's attention, "You’re a little young to be doing this kind of thing boy, You should go back to school, learn a bit before you start doing adult work. or,” Abregado continued, looking back to old Duros, “did you hire this welp to keep your grandson company. They look the same age. What’s the matter old man, losing your touch with the kid. He used to worship the ground you walked on, has that changed.”

    “What’s the point to any of this,” Diomeade’s voice shook with contained anger,”I don’t have what you want on me.”

    “If that’s the case then, how about we all take a little walk to your ship and I can take it apart.” Abregado lowered his head and his voice, “See what credits are hiding in the couch cushions. If I don’t find enough, I can always sell the ship.”

    “The Borei is mine Abregado, you’ll take her over my dead body.”

    “Phrasing old friend,” Abregado tightened on his DL-18 blaster. “I could just as easily kill you and take your ship, but I don’t want you dead. I just want satisfaction, I just want my money.”

    TAG: Darth Ukendt Ktala GrimdarkRose
     
  21. Darth Ukendt

    Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

    Registered:
    Apr 24, 2015
    A gun was aimed at Ioko, this pleased him, the adversaries were likely weak...that was nice...he noticed the main one speaking of him, "You’re a little young to be doing this kind of thing boy, You should go back to school, learn a bit before you start doing adult work," This both confused, and infuriated Ioko I'm not that young, he thought to himself, "I have killed many a men for a mere handful of credits," Ioko exaggerated, he was usually paid more than a handful for killing people, and was usually paid to imprison them, rather than kill them, he liked it best when he was hired to take in other bounty hunters, he liked a fair fight, they were nice...he determined that he was still tired, but firing his DH-17, and the luck to land the perfect shot, had become instinct to him, he could likely take someone on blindfolded, in fact, he had, when he was taking in those with less combat experience than him, he valued fairness. He looked at the others, a human, and a zeltron, both female, If it comes to a fight, this'll probably work, he thought to himself, once more, "You sure you can take me?" he asked, intending to come across as cocky, nodding to the fuzzy one.
     
  22. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Namadii

    Falkirk's shrug in response to her whispered question wasn't exactly encouraging, but Maya wasn't one to back away from anything, no matter the cost. Sure, the trait had landed her in trouble a few times, but nothing fatal. (Hey, she'd rebuilt that arm, and learnt to fix a ship and fire a gun with her right hand in the process!) Opposite her, the Theelin tugged on her scarf slightly, making a soft scraping noise and losing any advantage of surprise she may have had with the weapon for the sake of ineffectual intimidation. Maya, on the other hand, still had a few tricks up her sleeve. Entirely literally.

    She listened as Doc-Vee put into words what they had all been thinking, made her loyalties clear and caused Pavin to doubt his loyal thugs, if only for a moment. Maya felt her respect for the younger woman grow. This was soneone she wanted with her when the rival treasure hunters inevitably showed up. The thugs readied their weapons oh-so-subtly , gripping them tighter and radiating aggression, eager for a fight. But she could also sense the determination of her own side, and stayed calm. They could win this.

    Pavin's response took the form of stories of yet more failed attempts at the treasure, stories Maya had heard more times and more variations on than the legend of Darth Malum itself. Just more noise. It was only when the Snivvian turned to insults instead that Maya paid attention. If nothing else, everything the loathsome being said strengthened her resolve to stay and fight.

    "Now Diomeade you should be ashamed of yourself,” He gestured to Maya with his head, not seeming to notice as Maya's blaster swung smoothly towards it. “I mean paling around with Zeltrons half your age, what would Phoebe say? And what kind of example would you set for Thallass?" She flicked the setting off stun with her thumb, losing all pretence at light-heartedness. Falkirk's rising anger matched her own, but Pavin's next target, the young Twi'lek, remained strangely confident, casually threatening his chosen opponent. He seemed to stay that way no matter what. She wondered what it would take to shake him. Most likely nothing short of an army of Sith pirates invading the spaceport.

    She switched her blaster to her right hand, again targeting the Theelin and noting as she did so that her small military-type hold-out blaster was no mach for the largest, nastier and even more illegal models wielded by Pavin's crew. She'd have to get in close before they could do any damage. In this situation, her slight build and below average thank-you-very-much-Jem height would work to her advantage. She could almost feel the hidden blade within her arm, ready to jump into her hand at a moment's thought or as soon as the blaster bolts started flying. Oh well, why wait? She took a step forward, towards the Theelin, gripping her weapon.

    Yeah, let's see if you're still laughing when I'm done with you.

    TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, Darth Ukendt
     
  23. Ktala

    Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    IC: Vee Ruza
    Location: A dusty street, Namadii


    Vee looked over, her goggles scanning the alien as he laughed. “You must be younger than I thought,” He said looking over at her. “If you believe in that children's tale.” He then went into some gory detail of what was or wasnt true. Vee didnt really care. The captain hissed at the alien.. “You’re riding a line here Abregado.” More personal attacks. Then the alien spoke at the Twi'lek. But the plucky Twi'lek was quick to respond.

    "I have killed many a men for a mere handful of credits," he said. Vee didnt know if she believed him or not, but he seemed rather... unworried about the exchange. He then added, "You sure you can take me?" he added, while nodding to the fuzzy one.

    Maya stayed pretty quiet for the most part, but Vee did noticed her switching her blaster over to her other hand, while thumbing a control on her weapon. Not looking good here. Maya then took a step forward, towards the Theelin, gripping her weapon.

    The Captain chimed in, “What’s the point to any of this,” Diomeade’s voice shook with contained anger,”I don’t have what you want on me.”

    “If that’s the case then, how about we all take a little walk to your ship and I can take it apart.” Abregado lowered his head and his voice, “See what credits are hiding in the couch cushions. If I don’t find enough, I can always sell the ship.”

    The Borei is mine Abregado, you’ll take her over my dead body.

    Phrasing old friend,” Abregado tightened on his DL-18 blaster. “I could just as easily kill you and take your ship, but I don’t want you dead. I just want satisfaction, I just want my money.”

    Vee could see this was escalating quickly. An offer of money probably wouldnt help. Not that she had that much on her to begin with. But at the moment, she felt that if nothing else, the confidence the guy had about his crew, might have been a bit shaken. Let's shake it some more.

    Vee grined, as she pushed herself up from the wall she was leaning on. "Well, I rather be young...than stupid." she stated, using the motion to hide the fact she was now palming something in her hand. She took a few steps forward to stand near the Captain. "Not that I really care, but I'm kinda wanting to go on this little excursion, so I doubt you would even make up whatever funds you think you're out of, even if you did somehow get his ship. And its obvious he's not gonna simply hand it over. I think you already knew that." She turned her back to the group, looking at Diomeade with a grin, as she tapped her goggles once. She mouthed the word.."move" as she looked towards Maya and the sleepy Twi'lek. She kept talking, "And you've been standing here long enough to draw some attention..."

    She turned sideways. to look at both groups.

    "Oh well...."

    Vee dropped the Flash-banger, and was moving as the high powered flash went off. Hopefully, the Captain and the others caught was she was doing. With her goggles, she could see just fine in the intense light. Let's see how the bad guys fared... None of them were wearing goggles.

    Should be fun.



    TAG: Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose galactic-vagabond422

    OOC: Yeah... I know. I did it.. lol :p
     
  24. GrimdarkRose

    GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Namadii

    Maya saw Doc-Vee palm the flash-banger out of the corner of her eye, but didn't react, listening to the human talk, not letting her eyes leave the Theelin. "Not that I really care, but I'm kinda wanting to go on this little excursion, so I doubt you would even make up whatever funds you think you're out of, even if you did somehow get his ship. And its obvious he's not gonna simply hand it over. I think you already knew that."

    She turned to the crew and grinned, tapping her goggles and mouthing something. Move. Maya prepared to run, towards the docking bay. Yeah, she wanted to put a blaster bolt between Pavin's eyes, but she valued her life and place in the team enough to do as the human suggested. Said human continued to talk; "And you've been standing here long enough to draw some attention..."

    Doc-Vee turned sideways. to look at both groups. Maya gripped her blaster.

    "Oh well...."

    The flash-banger went off.

    Maya was already running, covering her eyes with her free arm. Pavin's crew had no such warning, and weren't so lucky. Maya thought she heard several thumps and curse words as she raced towards where she thought she saw the others go. She'd almost made it when something caught her leg, tearing her trousers but only grazing her skin. She fired blaster bolts in its general direction, unsure if she actually managed to hit anything. Maya launched herself in the direction the attack had come from, metal arm raised against any further attack, firing two more shots, hoping to disarm her opponent.

    TAG: galactic-vagabond422
     
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lare Razzi
    Outside the Corridor Cantina

    Lare averted her eyes blinded by the flash bang the human had dropped, Pravin didn’t tell her Diomeade’s crew had such weapons. Reacting on instinct she threw her grappling boa at where the Zeltron used to be. There was a satisfying vibration that resonated through the bladed weapon a smile grew on the Theelin's face. Before she could pull whatever she had ensnared toward her the boa went slack. Two more shots rang out, one missing completely, the other ricocheting off durasteel whip held in Lare’s right hand. As her vision cleared she saw the Zeltron lunging forward metal arm held up to ward off attacks.

    Lare tightened up on the boa that was wrapped around the Zeltrons leg hopping to throw the attacker off balance. She pressed the back edge of her vibro-knife against the grappling boa puting tension on the device driving the blades into the small wound created.

    She wondered if any of this was worth it, if Pravin was worth protecting.

    TAG: GrimdarkRose
     
    GrimdarkRose likes this.