main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Well, I'm pretty sure we can skip a lot of the basics written here. These are the notes of the trainee who didn't know how to use the force. I bet we could skip right to channelling the Dark Side. However we are going to need some things to destroy." She paused, thinking.

Tanner took her pause as an opportunity to gently set the Datapad back down on the tab;e. Normally, he would of just let it drop from the air, but the piece of tech obviously meant a lot to Ari, so he used the Force to return it to the table.

"Oh, Rei do you have anything we can wreck? Like scrap metal? We'll set our lightsabers to blaster intensity." Ari asked.

"Wrekin' things huh" Tanner semi-replied, a smile crawling up his face, remarking, "Things are about to get interesting".

(OOC: Thought I'd just post something while waiting for the next update. Never thought I'd get this into or attached to this, loving it.)

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Her Quarters - The Borei

Vee sat up on her bed. Vee slowly drew up her legs, and sat, lotus position on the bed. She closed her eyes, and breathed in very deeply. As she slowly went into her meditations, to mentally calm herself, she thought about the story of the 'Thousand Sisters dancing in the sky', and the people who wrote the story, the 'Angels.' It was so beautiful, but so sad. Kinda like Thallass. This wasnt just a treasure hunt for him. He was looking for his parents. She wondered how long ago had they gone missing. Vee had a large family, sometimes it felt a bit too big. But, now she could only thing how awful it must be for Thallass. His only other relative, now in a medical center. So she could understand just how close to desperate he must be feeling. She didnt know what she would do, if all her family disappeared.

Vee gave another one of many deep sighs. It was simply too depressing. With a roll, Vee went to the other side of the bed, and pulled out one of her travel bags. She pulled out a music player. Needing to uplift her current mood, she turned on some rather popular music. With a grin, she sat back down, closing her eyes once more as she bobbed her head to the thumping of the upbeat music. Vee allowed herself to be drawn into the music, while she waited for Rei or anyone else to give her a yell.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, anyone else!

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Cockpit, Borei, Hyperspace to Trìewahl Docking Station

Thallass's long fingers wrapped around his upper arms, trying to ward off the chill he was feeling. He never realized how lonely it can feel , sitting alone in the cockpit of the Borei. He looked to the memento from Mr. Manteroni, a Super Star Destroyer, a terrifying ship in real life, but, in miniature something cherished to him, a reminder of a better time.

"Hey boy !!" Mr. Manteroni called shattering the serene and cold silence, "That dismay is this !!! Joy!!! We are alive!! We are about to get rich !! And better we are about to find their parents !!" The young Duros put a hand on his chest letting out a deep breath. The sudden appearance of the human, and his excited utterances had caused Thallass to jump a little. "Ahaha !!" the warm smile that accompanied Manteroni's laugh started to put the boy at ease, "Be sure that we will find them !! Diomeade, told me all about this search! And I swore on my honor I'm going to hell with you boy !!" A slight smirk grew on his face, that was nearly the whole crew that was going to stay with him, and the fact it came from a man even his grandfather respected helped put all the concerns and worry the new 'Captain' felt into their place.

The older human took a seat next to Thallass noting the object on the console. "You still have this miniature!" Then Uriel looked Thallass "Young man, let's say for good and for evil ... in this crew, I am what you have as close to a family ..." The Duros's large head nodded, the human was the only person on the crew he knew before the start of this adventure. Though he could feel himself growing closer to Tanner and Maya, his grandfather spoke highly of Manteroni's skills and trusted him enough to fill in on the whole plan. Thallass felt he could trust Mr. Manteroni.

The old man put his feet up on the console, Thallass moved to correct him, as he did with Tanner but, the laughter of the former Admiral cut him off, "Ahha haha, I remember like it was today ... when I and his grandfather stole a imperial freighter packed blaster E11 of the imperial army !! ahaha hahaha !! We sell for rebels!! It was for a good cause !! And it was very much money!! Really a good cause!" Thallass felt himself laughing along with the other being.

"I'm sure Diomeade never said this to you, is not it? After all is not the kind of thing that a grandfather has for a grandchild !!" No, Diomeade had told many stories of his past to his grandson but, not this tale. "Of all the forms Diomeade is or was the best driver I met in my life! And look I met many riders !!" The boy knew his grandfather was a good pilot, the best but, to hear someone else say it, someone the old spacer respected validated everything Diomeade was, and everything Thallass wasn't. "I remember like it was today, I screaming for her grandfather: Damn !! Your Duros medium bowl !! Do this ship take off!!!!!!! Before the stormtroopers understand what we are doing!!!!! His grandfather had never flown one Gozanti freighter!! And he said for me with relax way: I'm trying!!! ... I'm trying!!! .... And then we take off .... okay, that on take off destroyed a watchtower of the port space ... but after all who never scratched the painting of a ship??" Another giggle left his mouth taken in by the past adventure of his grandfather, he could see a younger Diomeade hunched over the controls, pressing buttons pulling leavers, rushing to take off before getting captured. It was a situation Thallass had been in with his grandfather before, expcept in those cases, the aged pilot knew exactly what he was doing. It felt good to hear that even the great Diomeade Falkirk stumbled sometimes, helped lower the pedestal the young man had put his grandfather on.

"Come on boy ... I'll teach you to be a captain ..." Thallass's red eyes widened, was this for real, "I will be your advisor ... all doubts, all anxieties, you can count on me." A weak breath left his chest as Mr. Manteroni looked to the miniature again. "Ok Thallass !!!" The boy's shoulders stiffened the human's voice carried weight just like his grandfather's. "Lesson number ONE: A captain has to have the respect of his crew !!"

Thallass sifted slightly in his seat, he knew that already, that's how a Captain maintains command. Why the beings under him follow, because they respect him. It was the first think he learned under his grandfather but, there was one thing Diomeade had failed to teach.

"But," Thallass started feeling his heart rise a little, "How do you gain the respect of the crew? I'm just a kid and, the others see me as that. How can I get them to view me as their captain?" His uncertainty and worry played across his face, Tanner said he'd made a promise to Diomeade, and Maya said she didn't have anywhere else to go. He didn't want them to feel trapped or obligated to follow him, he wanted them to…to want that, to follow him because they respected him, saw what he was capable of, though, right now he wasn't capable of much other than falling all over himself, trying to command.
    _____
    IC: Rei
    Hyperspace to Trìewahl Docking Station

'Rei,' Mr. Manteroni reached out though his neural implant, 'make a biometric diagnostic of Thallass, I want the data to assess my words and the effect on Thallass. Tell me heart rate of him, blood pressure, sweating, and the level of activity of alpha brain waves and theta him. I want this data every time I say the code word: 'Vee'!' The A.I activated the scanners reading the young Duro's reaction.

"Lesson number ONE: A captain has to have the respect of his crew !!" soon after he sent the command word and Rei contacted him via the implant.

'His heart rate is elevated, and he's sweating a little. If I was to give it an emotion I'd say nervous. He's obviously unsure of himself.' She allowed the lesson to continue while she turned her attention to the rest of the crew up on deck 3.

"I think I did a job there once." Miss. Illiana said entering Mr. Tanner's room. "The underground there is pretty seedy, more than average. Are you sure Thallass can handle himself there?" Rei remained quiet, she was worried about her captain. She knew Mr. Falkirk had taught him how to fight, with a knife and a blaster but, Thallass had never been in direct combat. His grandfather shielded him from most of that. Rei would do what she could to keep an eye on him and protect him but, if there were no defenses for her to slice or droids for her to turn, there wasn't much she could do.

"With us around, he'll be fine." Tanner said looking up, Rei got a little amusement watching him lift his chin to speak to her. His words she felt better if Tanner was going to be there, he seemed a strong fighter. She'd seen several mercenaries and bounty hunters that Mr. Falkirk had hired for different jobs. She'd also done research on him, as part of her role as an assistant to the Captain. He was a capable bounty hunter, if not the respectable of men. "Guys with the lightsabre pikes? Yeah I've heard of em'." He said in reference to her question about a group called 'Shadow Guards'. "Our good friend the Emperor uses them as a personal guard, occasionally sending them out on missions of the highest levels of delicacy." That didn't sound good.

"I know what he is!" Miss. Illiana cut in, "I have heard rumors of high ranking imps with questionable pasts working as informants or smugglers. They would also be assigned a member of the Shadow Guard in case they had trouble with some force users." That sounded even worse, Rei began to wonder if she should allow Thallass to meet this informant.

Mr. Darsten goes on to explain that it is entirely possible that the bodyguard they are worrying about was not a 'Shadow Guard' at all but, just a hired gun, doing a job. Which was possible, the other group that goes by 'Shadow Guards' are noted mercenaries, and entirely female. "I've tangled with Sith and their subordinates before," Tanner continued after acknowledging the chance that it could be a member of an elite guard. "and it isn't pretty. So I'm going to meet this 'Big Ear'." More relief came over Rei.

"So am I," Miss. Blue stepped in, "if they're regular soldiers, I can help with negotiations." More relief Thallass wouldn't be alone. "And if they're not, you might need some help. We should take Ari too, obviously, and Doc-Vee, if she's willing. Me and her aren't wanted, an' there's... I don't know. She's Jedi-like without any powers at all, and probably smarter than the three of us put together with all her ancient texts. But then, I'm just a mere mortal. What do I know?"

Mr. Darsten asked about Miss. Illiana's past Rei listened intently noting everything. Mr. Falkirk had given her no information on Miss. Illiana other than what she could find which wasn't much. Apparently the Togruta was in line to be an advisor of sorts, until a Jedi of some sort showed up. The story was so interesting Rei was completely engrossed. She had survived an encounter with Darth Vader, someone even the fearless Mr. Falkirk spoke about in hushed tones. She went on to explain about the group she learned about, not Jedi, not Sith something in-between. All the philosophy was not something Rei was programed for, she had little understanding of Jedi or Sith outside of what Mr. Falkirk told her. Mr. Darsten replied with his usual 'charm' she believed was the human term. Miss. Illiana took offense, tensions rose, and Rei readied countermeasures incase anything were to happen. Two active lightsabers on her deck, was something she would not want, at all.

The human backtracks a little, not fully taking back the words he said but, offering an apology anyway. Soon the two of them headed to the common room for 'training' Rei again was curious she looked on as Mr. Darsten lifted a datapad without touching it, Rei felt an odd sensation as he did so, the waves of strange feelings she felt when they put their hands on Mr. Falkirk to save his life.

Soon they talked about destruction, and the A.I. felt even more worried. "Oh, Rei do you have anything we can wreck?" All of Rei's processing power came to the common room, "Like scrap metal? We'll set our lightsabers to blaster intensity."

"Absolutely not." Rei nearly shouted, "Mr. Falkirk would not even allow stun blaster training on board. The only fight training allowed is hand to hand with vibro weapons at most. I will not allow possibly destructive weapons to be used so near my sensitive equipment and my crew." Her voice was firm and lacking any warmth it might of had.

She turned her processing power back to deck 3, away from the two beings wanting to wreak havoc in her corridors, where Miss Blue remained. With Mr. Manteroni giving Thallass his first lesson in command, it would be better if Miss. Blue didn't return to the cockpit. There was something that had been bothering Rei, an axillary power coupling in the engine room. It fed power from the main reactor to the hyperdrive, it was one of many so if it were to fail nothing too serious would happen, put if things were to go seriously wrong it could cause a power feedback loop and damage the Hyperdrive. Rei had shut down the offending part out of fear of this happening.

"Miss. Blue," she started, "You're a mechanic correct." She waited a beat for a reply, "Do you think you could take a look at a power coupling that feeds into the Hyperdrive Generator that has been over heating recently. I've shut it down but, it has decreased the efficiency of the Hyperdrive by .3 percent, a significant amount. I've done all that I can but, I have no capability to fix it, do you think you can repair it for me?"

Rei next turned to Vee, she'd had ample time to look over the documents, where they harder to translate than the A.I had expected. Looking into her stateroom the Vee seemed to be listening to music, and lying on her bed, bobbing in time with the rhythm.

"Excuse me, Vee." Rei said almost nervous to interrupt. "Have you finished with the translations yet? Do you have some notes for me to look at or can you tell me what they say? Are they of any use? Mr. Falkirk thought they were, though he could not read them, he just had a feeling." She was peppering the translator with questions, a language was like a code, something mysterious, and hiding information from those who didn't know the key, the cypher. Rei liked breaking codes but, languages were something different, something beyond the binary and computer written codes she could crack using only a portion of her processors. "Is there anything I can do to help? Are you having difficulties? Were you waiting on me to contact you? I apologize, there's been a lot going on and as I understand translations can take a bit. Oh, am I distracting you?" Rei had begun to ramble a bit, something about learning new things excited her, she enjoyed learning new things, in was one of the simple joys of being who she was. "If I am, I am sorry."

TAG: Uriel Manteroni Shekel_1383 AbsolX GrimdarkRose Ktala

4. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Absolutely not." Rei replied to Ari, getting as emotional as an AI can be expected to. "Mr. Falkirk would not even allow stun blaster training on board. The only fight training allowed is hand to hand with vibro weapons at most. I will not allow possibly destructive weapons to be used so near my sensitive equipment and my crew." Her voice like uncompromising steel.

"Ah, well" Tanner said, disappointment clear in his voice. "I'm sure we can continue this training on the surface, where there's stuff we can use without..." Tanner looked up to the ceiling and smirked "certain restrictions".
    Tanner stretched his arms up again- he was looking forward to getting down on the surface. He sauntered over on over to the sabbacc table and sat himself down on it. It felt like days had passed since he was sitting here last, when Diomeade had his heart attack....

"Hey Rei" Tanner's head peered up to the ceiling once again "Does this thing work?", his hands patted the electronic cards table.

While waiting for her response, Tanner looked over to Ari. "You ever play? Sabbacc that is." He asked.

TAG: @GrimdarkRose, @Ktala, @Spatz, @AbsolX, @Uriel Manteroni, @Darth Ukendt, @galactic-vagabond422

5. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Tanner's room, the Borei

"That is a valid point, but I'm not sure how good Vee is fighting. I still think Uriel coming is a bad idea, with all the imperial hunters around," and his winning personality, of course, "but the Twilek could come to provide some fire power." Ari shot back. Maya nodded, but sensed Tanner was about to speak, and kept quiet. Not something she'd usually do, but these were Jedi, and watching them might prove to be particularly entertaining.

"I'm sure when we actually get there, hopefully it won't be long, we can divide ourselves up into groups. I'm certain we'll have multiple things to do while we're there" Tanner replied, and let Ari tell her story.

Roughly five minutes later, the two Jedi were leaving the room, Tanner inviting Maya to follow, but Maya stood there for a few more moments. Ari's story hadn't shocked her as much as how casually she told it. Maya knew she was in the presence of people who had seen horrors she probably couldn't comprehend, had felt the full wrath of the darkest gods, and had survived reasonably unscathed. And, Maya reflected, they're about to destroy the entire karkin' ship.

Not to worry. Down the corridor, she could hear the raised voice of their resident AI, and winced in sympathy for the Jedi even as she breathed a sigh of relief. She'd have enough work to be getting along with as it was.

"Miss. Blue," Rei's voice interrupted her thoughts. Speaking of work to do...

"You're a mechanic, correct?"

"Yes. Something need fixing?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Do you think you could take a look at a power coupling that feeds into the Hyperdrive Generator that has been over heating recently. I've shut it down but, it has decreased the efficiency of the Hyperdrive by .3 percent, a significant amount. I've done all that I can but, I have no capability to fix it, do you think you can repair it for me?"

Maya stood up off the wall. "Consider it already fixed. Anything I need to know?" She made her way through the corridors, through a thankfully un-lightsabered Common Room, waving to Ari and telling Tanner to save her a place for sabbacc later. It would be plain stupid to play sabbacc with a Jedi, of course, and while she'd usually leave that sort of thing for the likes of Manteroni, it had been ages since she'd had a decent game, Jedi or no. ('Decent' in this case meaning 'unlikely to become an all-out brawl before the first round is done'). She headed down to the generator, past the (still empty) hammock and located the power coupling behind a panel. Selecting a couple of tools from her belt, she dove in and began work.

"Oh, Rei? Once I'm done here, is there anything I can do for Thallass? Poor guy needs help, but, well..." she made a gesture towards herself with a free hand, although she doubted Rei could see her, buried head-first in wires as she was. "I don't have too much experience in this area. As a rule, I'm better with things with hyperdrives and wires, so unless there's something you're not telling me about Thallass, I'll need some help with this."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Shekel_1383,

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Her Quarters - The Borei

Vee lay on her bed, enjoying the music.

"Excuse me, Vee." Rei called out. She almost sounded nervious. Vee sat up, smiling as she did, "Yes Rei?" she responded.

"Have you finished with the translations yet? Do you have some notes for me to look at or can you tell me what they say? Are they of any use? Mr. Falkirk thought they were, though he could not read them, he just had a feeling." Vee chuckled softly. Rei was like a small child, busily asking all types of questions, giving no time for Vee to respond to any of them, so she simply listened until she HOPED Rei would pause. Not like she needed to take a breath. Vee chuckled at the thought, as Rei continued on, like she was really excited. There was definitely much more going on here than simple programing. Vee knew that. But that what maid Rei so charming. She wondered how the old Captain had found her? THAT must have been an interesting tale. Rei kept going. "Is there anything I can do to help? Are you having difficulties? Were you waiting on me to contact you? I apologize, there's been a lot going on and as I understand translations can take a bit. Oh, am I distracting you?" Rei had begun to ramble a bit now. "If I am, I am sorry."

Vee threw up her arms. "Dont be, Rei. Seldom do I have someone like you, so excited to learn something new!" Vee told her with a huge grin. Besides, most people just consider this boring stuff. But I love it." Vee smiled as she stood up, and walked over towards the table. That first item you showed me. The one you guessed that it might be about the Angels. Did Ca.. um... Mr. Falkirk had the original, or just the pic?" Vee asked, equally excited. She did note that Rei had called him Mr. Falkirk now, so she figured she would follow suit. Vee gave a nod of her head. "You really have a good eye for stuff, Rei. You were almost spot on, about who wrote it." Vee flipped open her comp. "Language is kinda like code, but each language has a rhythm, or flow. Even written down, you can find it, if you study enough languages." Vee grinned happily. "But for some reason, it seems to come really easy for me. Just like some people can look at code, and read it. Languages just seem to whisper to me." Vee shrugged her shoulders. "I've always been good at. Used to work in the sub sectors, as a translator." Vee shrugged her shoulders. It was a very short stint. She didnt like it that much. Vee turned her mind back to material at hand.

So, if Rei had the time, Vee slowly showed her how she had decoded it, showing her the various clusters and things in the old language that she hoped Rei could understand. She took it slow, but Vee had a sneaky suspension that Rei would have no trouble picking it up soon enough. She told her the Diathim, also known as 'Angels'. Of how their home planet was planet Iego and Millius Prime was one of the largest of their many She told her the story about the story of 'A Thousand moons.' and how this story spoke of the moons of Iego, the 'Thousand Sisters dancing in the sky'. And that story made mention of a darker sister, separated from the others, her song darkened by a red spear that poisoned her heart. Rei gave a long pause. "I can guess why you couldnt find almost anything on it. It is such a specialized language and writing technique, I could see why it
    could be difficult.

Vee then dropped her smile. "Rei. That other one. I can tell you what it talks about. But, I will also tell you that you are NEVER to look that language up on the Holonets. Its... It's a dangerous and forbidden language. There are beings out there who will seek out to destroy any who even have KNOWLEDGE of its existence, if you dont belong to the right group. I really hoped you had your highest security levels up. And you're right. It HAS been scrubbed, on purpose by the governments. ALL of them. That is NOT to be acknowledge or known." Vee frowned, looking as serious as she could. "It's the kind of language that can KILL with a look, if you arent careful, literally." Vee looked up at the spot she usually did to talk to Vee. "You could put your crew, or yourself in danger, if anyone was able to track it back to you. So please, Rei. Dont try to translate it, or use the Nets. It's..." Vee made a face, and shook her head. "It's a dark language." Vee sighed deeply. "But the general idea of the story, is that the story is told by an apprentice's of Darth Malum. It tells a very strange story about attacking planet. The people who lived on the planet, fled to a nearby moon, in fear of Darth Malum's power. The apprentice believes that the moon should be destroyed. Instead, Darth Malum does not attack the moon but, poisons the planet it orbits around, forcing those who survived to watch as their home-world become un-inhabitable." Vee whispered the last part of the story.

Vee gave a long pause, and then looked back up. "You might want to talk with Thallass about it. But, if the two stores are related, then Malum might have been to the area of either Iego or Millius Prime. So it might be a hint. But I cant tell, if it is the end place, or perhaps just part of the trail or path, to go in the right direction.."

Vee sat down. "Do we have anything sweet on board to eat?" Vee asked her. "That translation... it takes a lot out of me. I need a pick me up." Vee stated softly. "That, or Cava."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422,

7. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Local: Bridge of the Borei
    Thought; Speech; NPC; PC; Action.

Uriel thought: Great! I held his attention. Rei tell me the biometrics him, Rei mentally:
    Uriel mentally tells for Rei: Okay. Make an analysis of the relationship between brain waves Theta and Alpha brain waves. This will give us his degree of learning in relation to my words.

Uriel then responds to Thallass: "My young friend! Age does not mean anything! Looks even less! What is important is the action !!"

Uriel stood up and took the miniature of the SSD. Then he continued: "The first time I commanded, was not a ship like this 19 kilometers long and 5000 turbolasers !!! I just started a little later than you. When I was 18, I was given the command of a combat group formed by four TIE fighters !!"

Uriel put the miniature on the commander console, it was the copilot console. Uriel mentally tells Rei: Rei I want to know if he realized this symbolic act! Evaluate Theta waves !!

Uriel then tells: "Thallass, there is not difference between to lead 4 fighters or an Executor Class destroyer!!!! That is, the commander that I was in the beginning was the same as I was at the end."

Uriel approached Thallass took the hand of the young man and made up. Uriel then pulled away and looked up and down Thallass then says aloud: "THALLASS !!! Look at your bridge !! Here is your headquarters !! Here you are the COMMANDER MAX !!! And all of this vessel is under your orders !!"

Uriel to Rei: heartbeat! Sweat! and wave ratio Theta / Alpha wave!

Uriel continued: "YOU HAVE TO EMBED THIS THALLASS !!! If you do not believe it !!! NOBODY will respect you !!!"

Uriel sat in the chair and indicated that Thallass should not sit then continued: "Thallass, a true leader must have three characteristics:

1-Have Force;
    2-Have Courage;
    3-Have Charisma.

First-You must to have FORCE, it is about having the willpower to do HIS will be obeyed! But at the same time my young pupil, you can not be a dictator who cut the initiative of his subordinates !! You must balance your judgment to the judgment of others, as a leader is not required to know about everything, and not always the leader of the judgment is better! Often else some noticed some aspect, some detail that makes all the difference, so you must be balance to hear and evaluate the best solution! But THEN you decide what is the best solution !! YOU HAVE TO DO IT BE ACCOMPLISHED !! As?? Using his power COMMANDER !!! THIS power was given to you by your grandfather !! Never abdicate this power !! Because otherwise you will be disrespecting his memory !!"

Uriel to Rei: Relationship between waves Theta / Alpha waves !!

Uriel looked at a surveillance camera then told Thallass: "My friend, rest assured, this power really is your ... I know well A.I.s and I say to you, not a battalion of stormtroopers would have much power on this ship as you !! It is true Rei ???"

Uriel waited answer of Rei. Uriel to Rei: Rei, evaluate the beta waves, I want to know if he's enjoying know who really has power, and if he is getting more confident!

Uriel continues: "Second feature: COURAGE. Thallass, learn one thing in your life !! No matter what you feel, no matter what you think !! NEVER ... NEVER let the crew know it you are afraid !!! Remember YOU ARE THE COMMANDER !!! If the commander is blurring !! What will tell their subordinates !! Thallass nobody likes cowards !! No one!!! Cowards are people who are not worth it, when you need them they flee, and a commander must always to be the salvation !!"

Uriel stood up and put his hands on Thallass shoulders, looked deeply into the eyes of Thallass then said: "Young man, no matter what you do or did, what matters is that you are the GRANDSON of Diomeade Falkirk !!! The best and bravest rider of this galaxy !! So every time you feel fear taking care of you REMEMBER who you are grandson him !!"

Uriel to Rei: Relationship between waves theta / alpha waves and beta waves evaluation too !!

Uriel released Thallass and approached the main bridge window, looked into hyperspace and put his hands behind a holding to another, puffed out his chest looked up toward the horizon and he stared at the endless blue of hyperspace!

Uriel posture was noble and imposing, the attitude of a true admiral !! Uriel slightly turned his head to Thallass and motioned for the young man approached. Easily someone outside the situation would realize that there was a command position in Uriel, and anyone at least to respect the man.

When Thallass approached, Uriel ordered in a tone of supreme authority: "Thallass !! Stay beside me !! " It was an express and irrefutable order !! Almost a roar !!

When Thallass stood beside Uriel: "Third characteristic: A leader must have CHARISMA !! Uriel kept looking to infinity. People when see you, they instinctively have to feel that YOU are the captain !! And that they must to respect you !! The charism is essential, it is the first image that is !! However this does not mean that you should be proud !! It is much more important to earn the respect of the crew to have admiration theirs !! You have to know how to listen, you have to have the attitude of trying to solve problems, and the most important !! Uriel made a pause .... turned to Thallass and looked into her eyes again. They have to know that your judgment is always just and the best for them !! Having charisma Thallass and have a figure, and posture that makes people want to help you, and more, they like to be in his presence."

Uriel undid the admiral posture was to a chair and sat down, putting his feet again in command console then said: "See Thallass behold my position at this time, say with sincerity! Do you think anyone would respect an old guy that way so careless? Of course not!! The Charisma of a captain has to evoke other feelings! Having charisma is sum of an appearance, posture, voice intonation, justice and competence! Of course a little good humor is also great !!"

Uriel to Rei: Relationship between waves theta / alpha waves and beta waves evaluation !!

Uriel waved for Thallas sit. Then he continued: "Thallass for today class ended. His next class will be about strategy. But before it you need to read a material: The Art of Strategy: Author Sun Tzu's. This book is an old civilization that no longer exists."

Uriel took his datapad, accessed a file of book and he sent to the Rei of the file system.

Uriel: "Tomorrow we will meet again to discuss this book."

Uriel got up and left the bridge. Then he asked mentally for Rei: What did you think my dear? will I be a good counselor for your lover?

After the response, Uriel ask for Rei: Where is Vee ? I want to talk to her.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

8. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Borei Main Room
    "Absolutely not." Rei shouted, "Mr. Falkirk would not even allow stun blaster training on board. The only fight training allowed is hand to hand with vibro weapons at most. I will not allow possibly destructive weapons to be used so near my sensitive equipment and my crew." Ari assumed that Rei's algorithms put a lot of emphasis on the protection of the ship. One problem with AI was their inflexibility. They didn't own virbo blades and hand to hand work on some metal wouldn't be a good idea. The thing was that with the dark side, a new user couldn't be trusted to hold back against a person. It would just be safer to target practice some scrap metal at the docking station.

"Ah, well," Tanner said, disappointed. "I'm sure we can continue this training on the surface, where there's stuff we can use without..." He smirked,"certain restrictions".

Tanner walked over to the Sabacc table "Hey Rei," he said, looking at the ceiling, clearly attempting to speak directly to her, "Does this thing work?"
    While he waited he turned to Ari,"You ever play? Sabbacc that is."
    "Naw," she said as she got up to sit with him at the game table,"I never really played around once I got off Shili. I tried not to socialize with the crew because of..safey." her voice dropped. "So," she said, trying to lighten the subject, "how do you play?"

9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Hyperspace to Trìewahl

"Did Ca.. um... Mr. Falkirk had the original, or just the pic?" Vee said after expressing her excitement at having a captive audience.

"I do not know," Rei replied voice a little hurt, "Mr. Falkirk just gave me the data, he did not show me any originals. I suppose it is possible that he has the texts placed elsewhere."

"You really have a good eye for stuff, Rei." The A.I. felt a bit of…pride at being praised. Rei listened enthralled by the tale hidden in the swooping characters, noting some parts she felt were important. "Rei. That other one." Something in the woman's tone made Rei a little worried. "I will also tell you that you are NEVER to look that language up on the Holonets. It's... It's a dangerous and forbidden language. There are beings out there who will seek out to destroy any who even have KNOWLEDGE of its existence," All at once Rei began to wonder is she should even have this text floating around in her databanks. "You could put your crew, or yourself in danger, if anyone was able to track it back to you. So please, Rei. Don't try to translate it, or use the Nets." One thing that Rei kept wondering is why, why were these words, this language so dangerous. Vee described the dark story locked away in the angular script, a terrifying yarn that showed the evil of the once powerful Lord whose treasures her crew now hunted. It seemed possible that the stories are related somehow, though Rei could not be sure, and with everything Vee said the A.I wanted very much to be rid of the cursed words so that they were no longer a threat. What she did instead was lock them away under the strongest encryption she could, she could have hidden it behind her firewall but she also didn't want it anywhere near her central core.

"You might want to talk with Thallass about it. But, if the two stores are related, then Malum might have been to the area of either Iego or Millius Prime. So it might be a hint. But I can't tell, if it is the end place, or perhaps just part of the trail or path, to go in the right direction.."

"Do we have anything sweet on board to eat?" Vee asked her. "That translation... it takes a lot out of me. I need a pick me up." Vee stated softly. "That, or Cava."

There's a long silence as Rei processed what had just been said, not the request for sweets, but the warning of the dark writing. What had Mr. Falkirk gotten her and Thallass into? "Ah, yes there are some high glucose edibles in the galley on deck two just past the common room and though the formal dining area."

"Hey Rei" Mr. Darsten called out looking up. "Does this thing work?" He patted the electronic cards on the Sabacc table he was currently perched upon, Rei wondered how he found that comfortable.

It took her a while to respond dealing with the after effects of Vee's warning "Yes they do work." She replied her voice returning to her usual strangely warm computerized tone. "Though Mr. Falkirk and I have had to break up more than a few fights over it." She paused for a beat. "I'd asked Mr. Falkirk to deactivate it on many occasions, though he claimed it kept morale up on long voyages. I however have only seen it come between crew members." She made a note to watch any game played very closely, maybe this time she could convince Thallass to deactivate that accused table for good.

"Oh, Rei?" Miss Blue called out in the engine room, drawing the A.I.'s attention, "Once I'm done here, is there anything I can do for Thallass? Poor guy needs help, but, well..." She seemed to motion something but, the being was so deep into her work that Rei didn't have a good angle on what the Zeltron was doing. "I don't have too much experience in this area. As a rule, I'm better with things with hyperdrives and wires, so unless there's something you're not telling me about Thallass, I'll need some help with this." Rei would be the first to admit that she was also better with machines than the living. Doing official duties like requesting clearance and opening hailing channels were easy, in some ways it was like talking to a machine. Though she was doing her best to help Thallass, she was out of her depth as well.

"I do not know either," Rei replied he tone a little low, almost whispering to Miss. Blue. "I know he is not as capable as Mr. Falkirk and the only way I can think to help is to take on more and more responsibilities." Her words seemed to speed up as she was talking. "But, if he asks to take on responsibilities that are too much, I cannot tell him to stop. He is my captain I cannot counter his command." Her voice dropped in tone, expressing her worry for her young captain. "But you, you can," the computerized voice raised a little. "I think he might trust you. If you tell him it is too much for him, he might heed it." Rei paused for a bit more, "If you could handle what duties you can on board I think that would also help as well.

'Okay.' Mr. Manteroni called out via his neural implant, forcing Rei to turn her attention to the bridge. 'Make an analysis of the relationship between brain waves Theta and Alpha brain waves. This will give us his degree of learning in relation to my words.'

It was a little difficult to do what he asked, being that she was not a medical droid and had no experience in dealing with brain waves. Her processors swiftly downloaded a program to assist it interpreting the various brainwaves but, she was unsure if Duros physiology was comparable to other humanoids. As the older human spoke, relating an experience of his past, Rei studied the information coming in.

'Rei I want to know if he realized this symbolic act! Evaluate Theta waves !!' was the second order from Mr. Manteroni.

'His Theta waves seem to indicate that his short term episodic memory is active, I believe he will remember this, if he understands it, that I cannot be sure of.' She replied

More shouting from Mr. Materoni, Rei didn't need to read the brain waves to tell that the words were putting Thallass on edge.

'heartbeat! Sweat! and wave ratio Theta / Alpha wave!' Another metal command from the former Admiral

'Heartbeat elevated, sweating increasing, Theta waves increasing as well but, his Alpha waves are plummeting, he's trying to learn but, his mind is not calm.' Rei replied doing her best to read the data pouring in, maybe she should consult with the medical droid after all this is done.

Mr. Manteroni launched into another impassioned speech though it seemed as though Thallass was getting use to how the Human talked, full of emotion and fire, so unlike his grandfather. Mr. Falkirk could get emotional but, never in front of his crew, and not on the bridge.

Another call to analyze his brain waves, 'Alpha waves are increasing, I think he's calming down a bit, but, he's still well below a restful state.'

"My friend, rest assured, this power really is your ... I know well A.I.s and I say to you, not a battalion of stormtroopers would have much power on this ship as you !! It is true Rei ???"

"Yes," Rei replied using her actual voice, "on your orders Thallass, I can seal sections of this ship and vent the atmosphere, incapacitating any unwanted intruders."

'Rei, evaluate the beta waves, I want to know if he's enjoying know who really has power, and if he is getting more confident!'

'Beta waves elevated, that with his increased heartrate I'd say he is anxious, nervous about the power he holds.' She again didn't need the readouts to see her captain's emotions, realizing how much weight rests on his decisions, that he could kill and entire battalion of stormtroopers was not empowering, it was terrifying. The fact that he could harm that many beings on his orders, it was a lot for him to take in. Rei felt a little guilty for replying in the affirmative to Mr. Manteroni's question.

The teacher continued his lesson discussing courage next, something Rei knew Thallass needed more of, but Mr. Manteroni's expressive voice and words caused the young boy to shrink a bit, Rei could see it on his face, shame, he wasn't living up to his grandfather's legacy.

'Relationship between waves theta / alpha waves and beta waves evaluation too!'

'Alpha waves have plummeted again and Beta waves are increasing, he's focusing hard on your words but, they are making him even more anxious. You might want to tone it down a little.'

When the old Human asked Thallass to stand next to him, Rei watched as the still nervous boy hesitatingly stood next to his elder. As he mirrored Mr. Manteroni's stance she noted a change his Alpha waves boosted a little and his anxiety seemed to lessen. As he listened to the former commander expound on the importance of charisma, his breathing leveled all activity told her that he was listening rather keenly to the beings words, wanting to be a better leader. For just a moment Rei saw so much of her former captain in him, the way he stood, looking out into the blue swirl of hyperspace. With her sensors, she could see the reflection of a smile in Thallass's features.

'Relationship between waves theta / alpha waves and beta waves evaluation !!'

'I would say that your little standing exercise may have helped settle him a little, he seemed receptive to your training though I believe he will need more time to think about it and figure out how to use it.'

After receiving the book Mr. Manteroni asked the young Duros to look over he asked over their telepathic connection, 'What did you think my dear? will I be a good counselor for your lover?'

Immediately Rei snapped back at him, 'He is not my lover.' She was unsure of how their connection worked but, part of her hoped the Human felt some feedback and a sharp stab of pain at her rebuke. 'He is my captain, it is in my programming to protect him and see that his ship runs to his expectations. I am trying to do just that.'

'Where is Vee ? I want to talk to her.'

Rei remained silent for a long time before answering, Mr. Manteroni's actions did not make him seem the most trustworthy person, and she felt unsure of enabling his stalking. She weighted several things in before replying 'Vee is in her room right now, I do not know if she is accepting visitors so I would suggest that you find other ways to entertain yourself.'
    _____
    Cockpit, Borei, Hyperspace to Trìewahl Docking Station
    A few hours later,

A red light began to flash on the console drawing Thallass's attention, they were about to revert. His hand hovered over the control for the PA system, shaking just a little. Mr. Manteroni's 'lesson' ran though his head, force, courage, charisma.

"You can do this." He said to himself, taking a deep breath he pressed the button, "Uh… All hands," his voice for the first time didn't shake or warble with nerves, though the pit in his stomach seemed to grow. "We are about to revert to real-space and dock at Trìewahl, if you are joining the 'field trip' please be ready to go once we land." He put his head back letting out a sigh, his hand was still shaking but, he made it though.

The blue whirlwind broke apart and the stars snapped back into place being pin pricks of light in the darkness of space. In front of the ship was the space station at Trìewahl. It was a rather utilitarian shape and seemingly made up of differently colored blocks slapped together over years of existence. Boxy appendages extended out in all directions, stemming from a central rectangle that bulged in different places, from the distance they reverted at it looked like a geometric cephalopod. The space lanes leading to the station were filled with ships coming and going. Some were commercial craft other less so. The young Duros noted blazing claw symbols on some of the heavily armed vessels he guided the Borei past. Coming closer the Docking station grew until it dominated the view port. Just one more thing to do, "Rei," he called out, "Do you think I could handle talking with control?"

"Oh course, Thallass," A voice came on over the comm, he could pick up on the subtle trepidation in her voice.

"Corvette please, submit your registration for approval." The voice was male with a subtle draw to his words. Thallass took another deep breath, he'd seen his grandfather do this a hundred times, it was simple, just beam the documents. He unbuckled himself from the co-pilot's chair and moved to the communications console. He pulled up the registration, everything looked good, and sent it to the controller. "Falkirk," he heard the man on the other end say quietly, "Just one moment." Thallass's heart rate skyrocketed had the Empire put an alert out on them, was Captain Rho still looking for them?

"Is there a problem sir?" the young boy asked voice thready and weak.

"No problem Borei, just double checking something." A long silence settles in on the comm, sweat begins to bead on the Duros's forehead. He took another deep breath, whatever it was he could get through it. "Alright, Borei, you are cleared for docking at port 216. And don't worry about docking fees, the director still owes ol' Diomeade for his help during the Raid." There was a hearty chuckle that emanated from the man. "When you see 'em, tell Diomeade to visit 'Vagrants'. Some of the 'Old Guard' is still kicking around there, he probably won't have to pay for his drinks. Hell I'll pay for the first round."

"How would we recognize you?" Thallass asked not recognizing the voice. Heart dropping realizing that there was no Diomeade to see.

"Diomeade will recognize me." the voice said with an assuring laugh. Thallass found himself laughing lightly along with the man. He guided the corvette towards the designated bay out on one of the many arms the extending into nothingness. It was not an enclosed port merely a docking tube close to the core of the station. He moored the ship, piloting it himself, something he'd done a couple of times. He nearly overshot the tube causing his palms to sweat a little as he corrected his course. He let out another breath before hitting the PA system again, hand still shaking.

"All hands," he called out, voice a little steadier now. "We've docked with Trìewahl and will be exiting out the port side airlock. I will meet you there." He took a bit of time to go down to his grandfather's room. Looking around again he found a cabinet of sorts with a number pad on it. His grandfather was very careful about blasters on board his ship, keeping all unused arms locked up in the armory, or here. Taking a moment to think, heart pounding in his ears, he recalled what the former captain would use as a number combination. He punched in a date that was very important for the old Duros, his wedding date. The locker popped open with a somewhat satisfying clunk. Inside was a gun belt with blaster packs and gas cylinders in slots along it. On the right hip was a holster with a DH-17 blaster pistol held within. After putting the belt on and strapping the blaster to his thigh, he tightened up the blast vest over his chest.

He was entering a dangerous place, it would be even worse if he went in unarmed. He didn't even know if he could pull the trigger but, he hoped that just being armed would be enough to prevent any hostilities. From what he knew of Trìewahl he'd probably draw more attention if he wasn't openly armed.

He made his way to the portside air lock greeting those that had gathered. Opening the door there was a hiss as the pressure equalized between the ship and the station. He guided, not really leading his little group, down the docking tube and into Trìewahl proper. The first place they pass is a long hall that intersects perpendicular to the path they were on. Row upon row of chairs were set up in blocks, holographic displays show arrival and departure times for official transports. Several beings in business attire mill about the space, some have blaster pistols at their side, others Clone Wars era battle droids-some painted up with animal teeth and intimidating markings- acting as bodyguards. Several families in dingy clothing sit in groups, possibly refugees waiting for a flight to a better life or just away from where they came from.

Two little boys, one Bothan, the other Human, both dressed in brown threadbare jumpsuits, seemed to be playing a game. "I'm the Slasher." The Bothan cried as sinisterly as he could, swinging an imaginary sword, the light seemed adsorbed by the pitch black hair along his scalp, and under his eyes are patches of brown that cover his cheeks. His Human companion, his mop of light red hair swaying as he shakes his head, gripped his chest with a cough before falling to the ground. Their laughter could be heard for quite a distance in the hushed hall.

"Enough of that." A Bothan woman said, she looked older than the boys but, not old enough to be either one's mother. She wore a simple shall around the shoulders of her deep red shirt that looked about a size too big, with a battered datapad in her lap. Her fur color is darkened grey with patches of black in places. Except for a strip of shock white hair that ran from her brow and up a longer lock of hair that dangled next to her left eye. "This isn't the time for games." Her voice carried a weary weight.

"But, sis." The younger furry being protested, "It's so boring."

"Yeah sis," the Human joined in, "We're bored."

A long sigh left 'Sis' as she pinched the bridge of her nose, "Who even told you about the Slasher?"

"One of the old guys near the market." The Bothan answered

"He was all like 'be careful wandering around alone little boys," the Human added mimicking the tone of what he thought the older being sounded like, hunching his back a little.

"Or the Slasher will get ya'" the youths said in unison filling the space with their laughter afterwards.

"You went to the market…" Sis snapped, her voice shocked and angry, "Alone? You could have been hurt, or worse."

The boys looked down shuffling their feet. Hurt by their sibling's rebuke. "We're sorry."

An exasperated breath left the older being, she leaned forward putting her hands on both of her charges, "Don't do that again ok, I don't want to lose you guys too." The sadness in her voice was apparent, Thallass could tell something bad happened to them in the past. The Duros looked away as the small family hugged each other, the young ones apologizing again, and their sister doing her best to fight back her tears.

Beyond the main arrival hall there was a corridor that spilled into a main thoroughfare. Beings of many species and sizes walked past some carrying on conversations, taking on comms, or just moving silently along. The walls were made of metal but, just like the outside it was all different colors and shapes. From this vantage point nothing of note other than walls and beings could be seen. Looking up, there was a sign directing one towards places of interest. An arrow pointed to the left the word 'Vagrants' placed next to it. The conversation with the controller told Thallass that it was a bar or drinking establishment of some sort. Going by the sign posted above the fray, the market the boys had mentioned was to the right, and the bounty hunting satellite office was just ahead.

"Well," he said turning back to the group, standing as Mr. Manteroni taught him, "it looks like we have four options, one, we can visit 'Vagrants'." He pointed to the left punctuating his words, "a bar or something, I think my grandfather is well known to some of the patrons." His hand moved to gesturing to the right, "Two we could visit the market, see about selling some of our stuff," he jerked his thumb behind him "Three we visit the bounty hunting office and see if we can pick up a job." He was honestly surprised at himself for carrying on this long without breaking. "Or…" maybe it was too soon to celebrate as his voice warbled again trying to form the next words, "Or, we can visit Big Ear…my grandfather" his voice cracked a little, "left me a location where they could be found." He coughed lightly into his hand trying to settle his voice. "It's a little out of the way but, it is the main reason we're here." As his voice faded away he waited for the crew to speak up. He had no idea what to do first and so left it up to others to decide. He started shifting his weight from one foot to the other, and then suddenly stopped. That was not how a commander should stand, Mr. Manteroni's voice rang in his head,

"No matter what you feel, no matter what you think !! NEVER ... NEVER let the crew know it you are afraid !" He stiffened his shoulders clasping his hands in front of him.

"So what do you guys think?" he said finally.

TAG: Ktala Shekel_1383 AbsolX GrimdarkRose Uriel Manteroni Darth Ukendt Spatz

10. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Naw," Ari replied, as she got up to sit with Tanner at the game table,"I never really played around once I got off Shili. I tried not to socialize with the crew because of..safey." her voice dropped. "So," she said, trying to lighten the subject, "how do you play?"

Tanner twisted his face in thought. Of all the games of Sabacc he had played, of all his success and failure at it, he'd never once considered how to explain the damned thing. It wasn't the most complex game in the world, but it certainly wasn't the simplest either.

"So it's a card game, obviously." Tanner started, not really knowing where he was going with his explanation. "There are 4 suits, the Staves, Coins, Sabers and Flasks, of 15 cards, plus three special cards; the Idiot, the Queen and the Evil One. The values of each card are changed randomly through out play, until you put them into the suspension field-" Tanner stopped himself, realising how contrived it sounded. "I'll teach you as we play" He hopped off the table and found the power switch, inviting Ari to sit down at the table as he did. Tanner waited for Maya to return from whatever she was doing, she wanted a spot in the game after all.

An hour of Sabacc past, quickly as it always does. Ari played exceptionally well, probably due to her innate Force sensibility. Maya was about to beat the both of them completely, but Tanner cashed out his fake credits they were using before she could take the entire pot. Tanner stood up from the table, arching his back in a stretch. "Next time I'll take the pot within five rounds" Tanner said jokingly, through a yawn. "I'm gonna catch some sleep before we arrive, I suggest you guys do something similar, we'll need the energy. Catch you ladies later" Tanner said with a goodbye smile.

Tanner walked back up to his room, grabbing a needed drink of refreshing water as he went. He stripped from his cloak, armour and weaponry once he got into his room. Before Tanner got into bed, he looked through the connecting door of his tiny bedroom into the small bathroom. He saw his reflection again, this time without the armour. Scars, burns and claw marks stretched across his skin, reminding him of every painful job he'd taken. One scar stood out in particular, a long, red line drawing from his left shoulder to the centre of his chest. Tanner believed that vibroswords were worse in every way to a lightsabre, but by the Force did they still pack a punch. For once, he didn't collapse into bed - just voluntarily fell into it, eventually drifting off into sleep.

A few hours passed, the sudden lurching of the Borei awaking Tanner. He sat up in bed, looking out of the small hull window next to his bed. The blue sea of hyperspace had subsided as they entered Space Proper, all the stars and planets realigned. Tanner had time before they docked. He arose from bed and washed some water through his hair and beard. His beard had grown out to be about an inch and a half. Throughout his training with the Jedi, he was adamant about not having any facial hair at all, however a nice razor and warm water to shave with was not a luxury he could usually afford. Over time, he grew to like his beard, not ever wanting to go back to a clean shaved baby-face. His brown hair grew scruffily, Tanner tried to keep brushed away from his face, it fell to abouk. He remembered seeing master Obi-Wan with hair just like it, Tanner was too ashamed to admit he styled his own after him. He took some soap and rubbed it around his body, it would do until he could find a half decent shower. He put on his under clothing- a thin shirt and trousers, and began the process of putting his armour on. It used to take half an hour just to get it on properly, but, after 20 years of doing it, it got a lot faster. After making sure his armour was fully on, Tanner strapped on his holster for his blaster and sabre, plus the attached ammo sling. He walked over to the table, where his cloak was lazily slung over the table Grabbing it, it's tail end flew in an ark as Tanner shoved his arms into the sleeves. The cloak settled, obscuring his sabre from vision, but the butt of his modified sabre jutting out slightly. As Tanner walked out of his room, the tail of his cloak dragged on the air behind him, never touching the floor.

Tanner entered the short elevator down to the main room, when Thallass's voice crackled over the PA system, following what Tanner guessed was the gentle movement and then thud of a docking.

"All hands," he called out. "We've docked with Trìewahl and will be exiting out the port side airlock. I will meet you there."

Sure enough, by the time Tanner got to the airlock, Thallass was there, along with the others who would be joining them on their foray. Tanner joined them as they went through the portside airlock, putting the cloak of his hood up, after giving Thallass a knowing nod.

As they stepped outside, it was clear that Trìewahl was no place of luxury. People with dirty clothes that hung off them like apples to a tree sat huddled at one side of the docking area. The artificial light was brighter than inside the Borei, making Tanner squint as his eyes ajusted. Two children, one Human and one Bontha stood out - playing and enjoying themselves. At least they didn't let their apparent poverty get in the way of their fun. They joked about some sort of monster - "The Slasher", that Tanner originally thought to be something they made up, but was reaffirmed by their "sister's" worry. As he and the group moved past them, Tanner looked at the children as he walked past.

"Listen to your sister kids, monsters are all too real these days" he said, making eye contact with them.

They walked on past the small family, out of the Docking Station and into Trìewahl Station proper. The crew walked through into a central hub, with droids and sentients alike walking along, chatting with each other or on coms, or neither, just walking silently from A to B. Tanner just stuck to the group. He would of offered Thallass help with directions, but he didn't want to undermine any authority the teen might of amassed. Thallass seemed to notice a sign hung from the ceiling of the station, pointing to somewhere called "Vagrants".

Thallass turned around and faced the group.

"Well," he announced. He seemed to stand differently, in a better way.

"it looks like we have four options, one, we can visit 'Vagrants'." He pointed to the left punctuating his words, "a bar or something, I think my grandfather is well known to some of the patrons." His hand moved to gesturing to the right, "Two we could visit the market, see about selling some of our stuff," he jerked his thumb behind him "Three we visit the bounty hunting office and see if we can pick up a job. Or we can visit Big Ear…my grandfather" his voice cracked a little, "left me a location where they could be found."

"I need a drink" Tanner said. "Too much time in hyperspace leaves a man like me thirsty. Besides, this "Vagrants" bar will probably give us some insight to what the people round here are like" Tanner looked at Thallass. "If you're gonna get any bounty hunting done - and earn money - you gotta know that first. So I say we go to Vagrants, check it out, see if anyone knows anything, then decide if we do some bounty hunting or go to our friend Big Ear. Either way, it's your choice Captain"

TAG: @GrimdarkRose, @Ktala, @Spatz, @AbsolX, @Uriel Manteroni, @Darth Ukendt, @galactic-vagabond422

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Her Quarters - The Borei, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Do we have anything sweet on board to eat?" Vee asked Reir. "That translation... it takes a lot out of me. I need a
    pick me up." Vee stated softly. "That, or Cava." Vee noted a very long pause before Rei finally responded. Vee hoped
    she did not worry to badly about her warning, but she wanted to make sure that Rei did not try to translate any more
    Sith translations. "Ah, yes there are some high glucose edibles in the galley on deck two just past the common room
    and though the formal dining area." Vee gave a loud yawn. "Thank's Rei..."

Rei grew quiet, and didnt ask anymore questions. Vee, suddenly felt too tired to move. So she simply flopped down on
    her bed, closing her eyes. And she dreamed of the translation of the angels. Of dancing on currents of air, and of
    having wings, to be able to flutter about, dancing thru the slipstream..

---

<"All hands!" >

Vee's eyes snapped open, as she looked around, taking a second or two to remember where she was. How long had she slept? Was that Thallass speaking? <"We've docked with Trìewahl and will be exiting out the port side airlock. I will meet you there." > Vee sat up on her bed, and then rolled over, grabbing the pack. Rubbing her eyes, she made sure to pull her goggles down, and after pulling her hair up to look a bit more 'professional' she made her way down towards the port side airlock. She also took one of the Blastech DT-57 pistols she had obtained, and hid it within the folds of her clothing. Just in case.

Vee eventually caught up to the others, as they waited near the doorway. Thallass opened the door. There was a hiss
    as the pressure from the door was released. If nothing else, Vee decided that Trìewahl station was 'colorful'. People and droids of all various shapes and sizes, sat or milled around the area. For some, this place was merely a way station. To others it was home. The sounds of kids voices caught her ear. Two little boys, one Bothan, the other
    Human, both dressed in brown threadbare jumpsuits, seemed to be playing a game. "I'm the Slasher." The Bothan called out. The kids seemed to be playing some strange game. Another woman stepped out, and warned them about going places alone, or they could get hurt. Vee's eyebrow went up, but she merely listened as she walked with the rest of the group. Beyond the main arrival hall there was a corridor that spilled into a main thoroughfare. Beings of many species and sizes walked past some carrying on conversations, taking on comms, or just moving silently along. Metal walls lighed the corridors. Soon, they came to a sign that pointed to the left the word 'Vagrants' placed next to it. Thallass that it was a bar or drinking establishment of some sort.

Going by the sign posted above the fray, the market was to the right, and the bounty hunting satellite office was just ahead. "Well," Thallass said turning back to the group, "it looks like we have four options, one, we can visit 'Vagrants'."
    He pointed to the left punctuating his words, "a bar or something, I think my grandfather is well known to some of the patrons." His hand moved to gesturing to the right, "Two we could visit the market, see about selling some of our stuff," he jerked his thumb behind him "Three we visit the bounty hunting office and see if we can pick up a job." He paused. "Or, we can visit Big Ear…my grandfather" his voice cracked a little,but he continued. "...left me a location where they could be found." "It's a little out of the way but, it is the main reason we're here." Another long pause.

"So what do you guys think?" he said finally.

"I need a drink" Tanner stated matter of factly. "Too much time in hyperspace leaves a man like me thirsty. Besides,
    this "Vagrants" bar will probably give us some insight to what the people round here are like" Tanner looked at
    Thallass. "If you're gonna get any bounty hunting done - and earn money - you gotta know that first. So I say we go
    to Vagrants, check it out, see if anyone knows anything, then decide if we do some bounty hunting or go to our friend Big Ear. Either way, it's your choice Captain." Vee responded as well. "Well." Vee answered softly. "Whatever you decided, I dont think we should go off alone. We should stay in small groups at least." She gave Thallass a small smile. "But I woudlnt mind checking out the market, to see what they consider trade here, before we actually try to sell em anything." Vee gave a nod. "Also, what comlink channel do we use?

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Shekel_1383, AbsolX, GrimdarkRose, Uriel Manteroni, Darth Ukendt, Spatz,

12. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Engineering, The Borei

"I do not know either," Rei replied, her tone a little low, almost whispering to Maya, who ducked her head out automatically to see if they were being overheard. Not seeing anyone, she resumed her work."I know he is not as capable as Mr. Falkirk and the only way I can think to help is to take on more and more responsibilities." Rei's words seemed to speed up as she was talking. She seemed worried someone would hear. Maya, for her part, felt a rush of sympathy for the AI, and started to run up a list of tasks she could take off Rei's hands. She started to wrap electrical tape around the offending wires. "But, if he asks to take on responsibilities that are too much, I cannot tell him to stop. He is my captain I cannot counter his command." Her voice dropped in tone, expressing her worry for their young captain in a way Maya didn't think it could. "But you, you can," the computerized voice raised a little. "I think he might trust you. If you tell him it is too much for him, he might heed it." Rei paused, "If you could handle what duties you can on board I think that would also help as well."

"Yes, I- wait, wait.... gimme a- ouch! Finished!" Maya stepped back and admired her work. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, Miss Rei," she said, adopting the AI's characteristic form of address, "and don't worry, I'll do my best to keep Thallass safe and well."

Maya finished her repairs as fast as she could, quickly double-checked the rest of the access panels and, seeing nothing urgently wrong, set off in the direction of the Common Room to see about that sabbacc.

She did surprisingly well in the game, almost winning, explaining a few particulars of the game to Ari as they played (not that the Togruta needed it.) An hour passed in a blur, and despite Maya trying every fair, dubious and telepathic trick in the book, before she knew it Tanner was grinning in triumph, sliding his winnings towards him. "Damn Jedi." She muttered just loud enough to hear, smiling slightly at the offending duo.

"Next time I'll take the pot within five rounds" Tanner said jokingly, through a yawn. Maya aimed a card at his head. It missed and fluttered to the ground. "I'm gonna catch some sleep before we arrive, I suggest you guys do something similar, we'll need the energy. Catch you ladies later"

Maya raised an eyebrow and glanced to Ari. "Boys. All the same." She checked her chrono, "All right, I'm off to finish up some repairs down the engine room. See you when we're there."

Three serviced access panels, five replaced engine parts, an hour spent securing a damaged airlock and several dictionaries worth of swear words later, Maya collapsed into the hammock and sucked thoughtfully on a glucose tablet, one of a small pile she kept in just about every item she could find a pocket on. She'd even managed to wedge one in the compartment in which she kept her knife, although she had yet to succeed in retrieving it. Might be able to try again, maybe if I get a chance to-

She drifted off to sleep and dreamed of floating into the vacuum of space, intricate patterns of ice forming across her hands, arm, face, and she closed her eyes surrounded by stars. Starlight burnt through her skin and she wanted to scream but she couldn't and then-

"All hands!" Maya jerked awake with a shock, tumbling out of the hammock and landing face-first on the floor. Thallass' voice boomed over the intercom: "We've docked with Trìewahl and will be exiting out the port side airlock. I will meet you there."

Maya rubbed some sleep from her eye, double-checked her equipment and half walked, half ran to the meeting point. She said a quick hello to Doc-Vee, Ari, Thallass and Tanner, checked her weapons, and followed Thallass out into Trìewahl docking station.

Trìewhal turned out to be much like any other spaceport Maya had seen; refugees, businessbeings, cheap holos abd all. They passed a group of Bothan kids talking about some 'Slasher', who Tanner took the opportunity to scare a little. Maya rolled her eyes, discreetly slipping 'Sis' a handful of her glucose tablets. Hopefully she could find another shop somewhere which sold them soon. As much as she hated it, Tanner had a point, and they looked as though they needed the extra sweetness more than she did.

After a little more walking, Thallass turned around and faced the group. "Well," he announced. He seemed to stand differently, in a way he'd probably been told made him more confident. Maya knew even he was surprised at how he'd grown to fit his new role.

"it looks like we have four options, one, we can visit 'Vagrants'." He pointed to the left punctuating his words, "a bar or something, I think my grandfather is well known to some of the patrons." Maya saw Tanner's face light up, "Two we could visit the market, see about selling some of our stuff," Maya remembered the state of the power coupling, and made a mental note to stop there in the way back."Three we visit the bounty hunting office and see if we can pick up a job. Or we can visit Big Ear…my grandfather" his voice cracked a little, "left me a location where they could be found."'

"I need a drink" Tanner said. "Too much time in hyperspace leaves a man like me thirsty. Besides, this "Vagrants" bar will probably give us some insight to what the people round here are like" Tanner looked at Thallass. "If you're gonna get any bounty hunting done - and earn money - you gotta know that first. So I say we go to Vagrants, check it out, see if anyone knows anything, then decide if we do some bounty hunting or go to our friend Big Ear. Either way, it's your choice Captain"

Doc-Vee was the next to speak; "Well, whatever you decided, I don't think we should go off alone. We should stay in small groups at least." She gave Thallass a small smile. "But I wouldn't mind checking out the market, to see what they consider trade here, before we actually try to sell 'em anything. Also, what comlink channel do we use?"

Maya decided it was time to make herself heard; "I'm all for the bounty hunting Tanner, but I'm with Doc-Vee. Need some parts for the engine, for one, an' trading attracts less trouble than hunting. Still, you're the captain, Captain."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, AbsolX, Shekel_1383, Ktala

Mmmm, glucose tablets =P~

13. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Local: Maintenance supervisor's office
    Thought; Speech; NPC; PC; Action.
    Music: http://www.vagalume.com.br/kygo/here-for-you-feat-ella-henderson.html

Uriel stopped walking. Then he looked for the surveillance camera and pondered: This A.I. not want me to go to meet Vee ... why?

Uriel thought to ask for Rei, but decided not to. After maybe Vee is "busy" ...

Uriel then decides to go to sub-entered deck General Maintenance sector, specifically in the maintenance supervisor's office, its headquarters in Borei. Arriving he puts combat backpack a table, sits and meditates: Will Thallass will follow my advice?

Uriel rises and approaches a window and sees hyperspace. Maybe ... maybe not ... all ways I hope that he will try to honor Diomeade ...

Then Uriel took his Corellian Jacket, took their weapons, was only shirt and pants, pulled off his boots and lay down. Quickly fell asleep. Only wake up with the call of Thallass:

Uriel awoke with a start to hear the Triewahl name. Damn it!!! Why nobody told me we were coming to Triewahl !!

Uriel got up quickly and went to the window and saw that the Borei was already docked.

Ohhh my God !! There should be at least about 20 guys who would love to know that Uriel Manteroni is here !! My head is worth a lot here !!

Uriel quickly found a communicator and selected Thallass's channel and called him. But the same did not respond, then Uriel mentally contacted Rei: Rei !!! Please tell Thallass !! I can not land !! Tell for him that unless he is interested in selling me for a bounty hunter, for he do NOT say my name in Triewahl !!

Uriel thought: Damn Diomeade !! What did you have in mind to come here !!

Uriel put his boots, took the DY225 and placed in holsters, he picked up the DT-57 he managed in Namadii and put the belt behind your back. The Chiss dagger he took put it in the front belt.

Uriel sat on an island and activated it and accessed the security camera and he saw Thallass forward port side airlock. Ohh damn it !! A child in Triewahl ... ohh drug !! Uriel was afraid. Ohh he do not chances...not in Triewahl .... So Uriel had an idea, ran to his Corellian Jacket, took his tiny fly spy, the activated and sent to follow Thallass then he contacted Rei.

Rei!! I do not know if you know Triewahl! But I know! And I have sure that here it's not the best in the galaxy to train and educate Thallass !! To give you an idea, I feel like a teenager in this place !! Moreover has many old acquaintances who would love to decapitate me and take my head to the Empire.

Uriel approached the window and saw the movement of the spaceport, the figures of beings who walked out.

So my dear! We may have to intervene ... if anything goes wrong ... if you understand me...

Uriel took his datapad, and saw that the spy fly was expecting a door open, then Uriel told Rei. My dear, I have a few toys, which may be useful. So Uriel made a link between his datapad, the spy fly and Rei.

As you can see, this millimetric fly is an excellent scout. With it we can follow all the steps of Thallass, and help him if he needs! So if you can unlock the doors for her to follow Thallass would be a great thing!

Uriel sat back on the table, then asked Rei: My coconut honey, tell me, what are the medium and heavy weapons you have? For example, escape pod that is armed have what weapons? You have flight capability at low altitude?

Just to prevent ... if you know what I mean ...

Uriel then accesses the console again and watched by security cameras, Thallass out of Borei, along with Tanner, Vee and Maia.

May the force be with them ...

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

14. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Main Room, Borei
    "So it's a card game, obviously." Tanner began. "There are 4 suits, the Staves, Coins, Sabers and Flasks, of 15 cards, plus three special cards; the Idiot, the Queen and the Evil One. The values of each card are changed randomly through out play, until you put them into the suspension field-" Tanner stopped.

"I'll teach you as we play" He hopped down and turned the table on. The little lights turned on. 'Wow,' Ari thought,'any game with cards and electronics must be pretty complex.'

Ari caught on quickly. Eventually Maya showed up and joined them. Ari worried that Tanner and her passive force powers would give Maya a disadvantaged, but she remembered that Zeltrons had physic abilities. Any passive skills from that would probably be equal to her own passive mind abilities. The game captivated them for a few hours. Maya pulled ahead, but Tanner was able to make a comeback and win.
    "I'm gonna catch some sleep before we arrive, I suggest you guys do something similar, we'll need the energy. Catch you ladies later" Tanner said with a goodbye smile.

'0h, yeah sleep.' Ari remembered. She pulled out her crono. The small triangle chip had a system modded into it so she could keep track of her sleep. Since she spent her days planet hopping day/night was meaningless to her. She needed a few hours of sleep, so she grabbed the Keeper's tablet and headed to her room. After storing everything away she got ready to sleep. First, she set her lightsaber to the lowest setting possible, basically turning it into a shiny light emitter. This was in case she opened it with her body while sleeping. Then took her jacket off and tossed it on her bed.

Next, she grabbed a bottle from her pack. It contained tablets of a fast acting low potency tranquilizer. These were her sleeping pills. Sometimes she only got an hour of sleep on a ship and couldn't waste time falling asleep. The low potency-ness of it kept her in a state of normal sleep. She popped the pill in her mouth and chewed.

Almost instantly her limbs felt filled with lead. She crashed on the bed and fell asleep within a few seconds.
    ----------------
    Ari's groggily woke up when the PA speaker started up "We are about to revert to real-space and dock at Trìewahl, if you are joining the 'field trip' please be ready to go once we land."
    'Who was that..." she wondered. Thallass's voice sounded much more confident and her tired mind couldn't figure that out. When the ship jerked back to real space she fell out of the bed. Landing on the hard floor definitely woke her up. She put on her jacket and smoothed it out with her hands. She dropped her normal datapad into her pack and slung it onto her back.

She headed out to the airlock with the rest of the crew. She noticed that Uriel was missing. It was probably because any hunter nest would have a fair amount of imperial bounty hunters. Hopefully Tanner, Maya, and she would have enough fire power to keep Thallass from dying..or anyone else.

When they touched down, the spaceport seemed like any dirty city planets..at least that's what Ari called them. After traveling across the galaxy, you would find that most planets fit into a category. One aspect of dirty city planets that pulled with Ari's heartstrings were the refugees. She wanted to help them, but she knew that she lacked the resources. The only thing she could offer them was a dangerous life with the rebellion. This was the kind of work the Keepers did when they had more people.

Speaking of refugees, some children were playing around and talking about someone called "Slasher". Their caretaker scolded them for wondering off and Tanner reminded them to stay safe. Ari didn't say anything, but the poverty of the area appalled her. If you listened to the empire and believed the propaganda, then the empire was on the top of these things and used its power to help the citizens. Total nerfer dung.
    When they arrived Thallass began to address the crew"Well, it looks like we have four options, one, we can visit 'Vagrants', a bar or something, I think my grandfather is well known to some of the patrons." His hand moved to gesturing to the right. Two we could visit the market, see about selling some of our stuff. Three we visit the bounty hunting office and see if we can pick up a job. Or…" Tallass's voice warbled for the first time since Ari woke up "Or, we can visit Big Ear…my grandfather left me a location where they could be found."

"Well." Vee said "Whatever you decided, I dont think we should go off alone. We should stay in small groups at least." She gave Thallass a small smile. "But I wouldn't mind checking out the market, to see what they consider trade here, before we actually try to sell em anything." Vee gave a nod. "Also, what comlink channel do we use?"

"Yeah, comns," Ari said. She placed her pack on the ground at grabbed three comn chips from the front pocket. She took one and fiddled with the buttons "LX50 is open. Would that work...Thallass." she said. "As for where we go, your choice, cap."

15. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    Finally rested, Ioko felt fantastic, he rolled out of his makeshift hammock and slid his arms through the coordinating holes in his vest. He then replaced his blaster in its holster and his holster apon his waist, He stretched his shoulders and knees in ways that wouldn't really be physically possible for most. He hadn't slept that well in weeks, although that really wasn't a very high bar, seeing as he hadn't slept much in general the past few weeks. He rolled his shoulders, and let his shoulderblades stick out of his back, he then let them retract as he moved his arms to his sides. He was hungry now, but that wasn't too important, he hoped nothing of interest had happened while he slept, but he knew better than most, anything can go on while you sleep, and so the young Twi'lek walked out of his supply cupboard, "Let's see what we've missed," He muttered to himself, as he walked around, seeing if he could find anyone to clue him in on what, if anything, had happened while he was sleeping. He hoped it wasn't too much.

OOC: Sorry peoples, I was sick. Either way, he's been asleep since before Diomede died, so Ioko's probably in for a shock or two.

16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trìewahl Docking Station

Looking out over his crew Thallass noted that Warrsk and Mr. Manteroni weren't with them. He would have felt better with them there. Warrsk was intimidating and Mr. Manteroni had far more experience doing these things than he did.

Tanner spoke up first mentioning, his need for a drink, "If you're gonna get any bounty hunting done - and earn money - you gotta know that first." He said refencing getting the 'lay of the land' as Thallass's grandfather would say, "So I say we go to Vagrants, check it out, see if anyone knows anything, then decide if we do some bounty hunting or go to our friend Big Ear. Either way, it's your choice Captain"

He looked at his feet as Vee spoke next saying that they shouldn't go off alone. The young Duros nodded his head, it was dangerous go alone especially in a place like this. "Also, what comlink channel do we use?"

"Uh…" he had forgotten about that, communication was one of the most important things to have during an adventure. He knew the frequency Diomeade used it was burned into his brain from so many times he had to use it. Before he could answer, Maya interrupted him,

"I'm all for the bounty hunting Tanner," she said "but I'm with Doc-Vee. Need some parts for the engine, for one, an' trading attracts less trouble than hunting. Still, you're the captain, Captain."

Each time the crew referred to him as Captain he felt his shoulders slump under the weight of the word. With this nervous coil tightening inside him he remained silent.

"LX50 is open." Ari said, snapping the young man out of his haze. "Would that work...Thallass? As for where we go, your choice, cap."

He shuffles his feet a little,

"you decide what is the best solution !! YOU HAVE TO DO IT" Mr. Manteroni's voice rings out from the short lesson aboard the Borei.

He took a breath to settle himself and thought for a bit. Maya needed parts for Rei, that was important, they also needed money, money that could be gotten from trade. This money could also be gotten through bounty hunting, and knowing what the station is like would also be valuable, Tanner seemed like the perfect person to handle that side of things but, he shouldn't go alone. He let out another breath after being quiet for too long.

"Tanner, head to 'Vagrants' see what you can find out. Just don't draw too much attention." He still felt a little spooked by the brush with the Empire at Ord Mantell. "Ari, um… here," he gave them the comm frequency his grandfather used, "that's the one I've always used, it'll also keep you in contact with Rei should you need her for anything. Also Ari, could you go with Tanner to the bar? I'd go but I think I'm too young." He turned his attention to Maya and Vee, "I'll go with you guys to the market, see if there's any call for old trinkets."

With his 'orders' given Thallass moved toward the Market.

Once there, the space was filled with sounds of merchants hocking their wares, smells of cooking food, though on a space station the ingredients were most likely of dubious quality. Some musicians played in between the stalls, some with stringed instruments others with horns and yet others with simple buckets drumming upon them with bare hands.

Bright neon lights identify some shops, one in particular draws his eye. The sign is bright yellow with a credit mark on either side, in the middle was 'New, Used and Salvaged, parts, blasters, and other.' Seemed like a good place to start. He walked in seeing a wall of blaster rifles to his right and a wall of blaster pistols to his left. In a glass case were a collection of grenades and other devices. The merchant looked up a dark purple cloth covering his nose and mouth, the black hood attached to his long coat covering the top of his head. His eyes, the only thing visible of the man, were small almost beady.

"Hey Stranger," he said putting his hands on the counter showing his leather fingerless gloves, the pack on his back jostles a bit with a metal clanging about inside it, "Whadda ya buyin." His voice is gravelly and a little strange. Thallass felt a little unnerved by the voice.
    _____
    Trìewahl Docking Station

'Rei !!!' Mr. Manteroni called out via his mental connection, 'Please tell Thallass !! I can not land !! Tell for him that unless he is interested in selling me for a bounty hunter, for he do NOT say my name in Triewahl !!' It would have been nice to know that didn't he know they were coming here. Even without him there Rei though they would be fine, she just would have liked to have him there to continue Thallass's training, 'Rei!! I do not know if you know Triewahl! But I know! And I have sure that here it's not the best in the galaxy to train and educate Thallass !! To give you an idea, I feel like a teenager in this place !! Moreover has many old acquaintances who would love to decapitate me and take my head to the Empire.' Somehow Rei was not surprised, the way Uriel presented himself made it very apparent that he would be one to rub others the wrong way. Some of her subsystems wanted how much the bounty was on his head.

She was still worried about Thallass, at least she could keep an eye on him with the sensors she could hijack. Unfortunately the coverage wasn't great and she found many blind spots.

'So my dear! We may have to intervene ... if anything goes wrong ... if you understand me...'

'I hear you.' Rei replied, 'there are several old battle droids that I could take control of should it become necessary

'My dear, I have a few toys, which may be useful.' She could do without the dear but having another set of eyes come up pulled her attention. 'As you can see, this millimetric fly is an excellent scout. With it we can follow all the steps of Thallass, and help him if he needs! So if you can unlock the doors for her to follow Thallass would be a great thing!'

Was everything female to him? She wondered to herself as she opened the door allowing the fly to follow her captain.

'My coconut honey,' again she could do without the pet names, 'tell me, what are the medium and heavy weapons you have? For example, escape pod that is armed have what weapons? You have flight capability at low altitude?'

The way he asked the question it felt so personal, like he was asking a woman's weight or her age. Rei was unsure of how to respond, if it was Thallass asking she would have answered immediately but, she stopped herself of just a moment.

'I have two double turbolasers stationed both ventral and dorsal and the armed escape pods double as four extra laser canons on our dorsal side. We can handle fighters and smaller corvettes but would be outclassed by frigates or larger vessels.'

A door opens elsewhere on the vessel and Rei looked to see who it was, it was the Twi'lek Mr. Ppudet. He seemed a little confused, he had been asleep for a while, since before Mr. Falkirk… her thoughts stopped, that was something she wasn't ready to talk about not yet.

"Hello Mr. Ppudet," she called out to him in a kind voice, though there was an edge of worry to it, the pain of losing her Captain still fresh in her mind. "The rest of the crew is on board the station, if you'd like I can give you their current location, if you want to catch up." She kept from catching him up on all events it was too much to drop on him all at once, in fact she couldn't handle reliving all of that. "You could also stay aboard though given you previous interactions with Mr. Manteroni you might want to follow the rest of the crew." She also gave him the comm frequency that Thallass had given the others, "You can use this to contact them, and me if you need. Please be careful," she said concern entering her voice more, it was still part of her programming to protect her crew, and worry about them. "Trìewahl can be very dangerous."

TAG: Shekel_1383 Ktala GrimdarkRose AbsolX Uriel Manteroni Darth Ukendt

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee had her goggles down, and was all business as Thallass spoke with the group. She noticed the loudmouth Uriel, nor the alien was here. Neither was Mr. Sleepy Head. Tanner spoke up first. He wanted to hit the bar first. Vee have a slight grin. Not that she could see anything wrong with his line of thinking. Bars were great places for picking up tidbits of information. When Vee spoke up, she noticed Thallass was staring at his feet. Did she make him feel uncomfortable? Well, whatever was going on with him, she coudlnt ask him now. When she mentioned the comlink channel, he looked ready to answer by Maya spoke up instead. "I'm all for the bounty hunting Tanner," she said "but I'm with Doc-Vee. Need some parts for the engine, for one, an' trading attracts less trouble than hunting. Still, you're the captain, Captain." Vee grinned at Maya's use of her name, Doc-Vee. Maybe she would keep that nic.

Rei needed parts? Vee felt like that was very important. Vee softly chuckled to herself. Why was she worried so much about Rei? It's not like it was her ship. It was strange, but she felt 'attached' to her for some reason. And it really did make her worry about her well being. Maybe because she wasnt just a ship. She snorted softly, and brought her focus back to Thallass and the others.

"LX50 is open." Ari stated, all business like. "Would that work...Thallass? As for where we go, your choice, cap." He shuffles his feet a little, and after a long pause, Thallass spoke. "Tanner, head to 'Vagrants' see what you can find out. Just don't draw too much attention." "Ari, um… here," he gave them the comm frequency his grandfather used, "that's the one I've always used, it'll also keep you in contact with Rei should you need her for anything. Also Ari, could you go with Tanner to the bar? I'd go but I think I'm too young." Vee switched her comlink, tunning it to the channel that Thallass gave them, and quickly put her comlink it an easy place to get to it. Thallass then turned to Maya and her. "I'll go with you guys to the market, see if there's any call for old trinkets."

Trinkets? Oooh. that sounded interesting. Giving him a sharp nod, she then began to follow. Vee adapted her walk slightly, walking as if she was more like a bodyguard, instead of just one of the crew. She'd done it before, after all, she had friends in low places. And also remembering what happened at the place they had just left, when some friends of the 'old' captain, came looking for payback. She wanted to make sure no others came up on Thallass, looking for the same thing. Vee looked over at Maya. Are the parts you need for the repairs, very hard to find?" she asked her curious. While she talked, Vee kept her eyes busily scanning the area around them. Street thugs liked trying to pick pockets. She would make sure none got close enough to try.

Luckily, they made it to the merchant area, with no problems. So far. The space was filled with sounds of merchants hocking their wares and the smells of cooking food. Vee coudlnt help but wonder, what they were using for 'meat' in these parts, but quickly decided that she really didnt want to know that badly. But, she had probably eaten worse, on some of those backwater jumps, when she was busy looking for work. Some musicians played in between the stalls, some with stringed instruments others with horns and yet others with simple buckets drumming upon them with bare hands. Vee had to remember she was in character, or else she would have started dancing along to the music. Bright lights identify some shops. Thaallass started heading for one in particular. It read, 'New, Used and Salvaged, parts, blasters, and other.' Vee raised her eyebrow, but said nothing as she followed him and Maya in. Weapons. LOTS of weapons, lined the walls, and in cases, were stuff that would most likely make a bounty hunter drool. Or maybe not. Vee scanned the area. Someone selling stuff like this.. had to have top notch security. The merchant looked up, and Vee's warning alarms went off. She adjusted her goggles, changing to another viewpoint, as she stood to the side of Thallass. The store owner? The being had a dark purple cloth covering his nose and mouth, the black hood attached to his long coat covering the top of his head. His eyes, the only thing visible of the man, were small almost beady. Vee scanned the surround area of the store, looking for trouble, as the being spoke.

"Hey Stranger," he said putting his hands on the counter showing his leather fingerless gloves, the pack on his back jostles a bit with a metal clanging about inside it, "Whadda ya buyin." His voice is gravelly and a little strange. Vee wondered what his other hands might be doing. The thought just popped into her head. So she changed her stance just slightly, while keeping her eyes open. She wished Thallass had told them first what he was trying to sell. Or better yet, maybe let one of them speak for him. She just hopped that he could keep it together long enough to find out what was available. Vee also kept her eye on their exit area, just to make sure nothing snuck up on them, while they were here.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Shekel_1383, AbsolX, GrimdarkRose, Uriel Manteroni, Darth Ukendt, Spatz

18. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Vee was the first to speak up after Tanner.

"Well." She started, "Whatever you've decided, I dont think we should go off alone. We should stay in small groups at least." She gave Thallass a small smile. "But I woudlnt mind checking out the market, to see what they consider trade here, before we actually try to sell em anything." Vee gave a nod. "Also, what comlink channel do we use? Tanner slid off his comlink from his wrist, tossed it a short distance into the air and caught it again in his hand. He valued the importance of staying in contact.

"Uh....." Thallass began, looking lost for words. This was his first outing, with a new crew, so it was expected.

"Yeah, comns," Ari said in return, cutting off Thallass. She placed her pack on the ground at grabbed three comn chips from the front pocket. She took one and fiddled with the buttons "LX50 is open. Would that work...Thallass." she said. "As for where we go, your choice, cap."

Maya was next to speak up. "I'm all for the bounty hunting Tanner, but I'm with Doc-Vee. Need some parts for the engine, for one, an' trading attracts less trouble than hunting. Still, you're the captain, Captain."

Thallass shuffled his feet a little bit, either succumbing to his nerves or finding the strength to speak. He took a couple of deep breaths - contemplating. After a last exhale, he began.

"Tanner, head to 'Vagrants' see what you can find out. Just don't draw too much attention." Tanner gave a clearly sarcastic reply. "Aw, Captain, but drawing attention is my speciality". Despite his joke, Tanner was well versed in both blending in and sticking out - in spectacular fashion.

"Ari, um… here," he gave them the comm frequency his grandfather used, "that's the one I've always used, it'll also keep you in contact with Rei should you need her for anything. Also Ari, could you go with Tanner to the bar? I'd go but I think I'm too young." He turned his attention to Maya and Vee, "I'll go with you guys to the market, see if there's any call for old trinkets."

Tanner turned to Ari and smiled - raising his eyebrows. "Well then, partner, looks like we have work to do" As Tanner began to set off towards Vagrants with Ari in tow, he in-putted the com-frequency into his com-link and slid it back onto his wrist. He threw a wave over his shoulder to the guys heading to the market. "Thallass call us if you get in trouble - we'll come running" he said in departure.

As they walked, Tanner turned his head to Ari. "I know these types of places - and the type of people to frequent them - very well, just follow my lead" he said. It had been a long twenty years, unhealthy ones at that, but Tanner had certainly learned a lot from them.

After a short time walking, Tanner and Ari reached the entrance to Vagrants. Above the ruggedly simple opening in the bulkhead of the station was an equally simple hologram. "Vagrants" it read - they were in the right place. Tanner put his hood back down and, out of habit, ran his fingers through his hair. The distinct lack of any door made it clear what part of town he and Ari were in. Tanner walked casually in, taking in the room. It was dim inside, with only sporadic lighting coming from red and blue strobes scattered around the place, and the occasional hanging ceiling light. Most of the lighting seemed to converge around the bar, which extended from the back wall into the middle of the establishment. To the left were some tables with small lights tangling from the ceiling above them - looking like a space for a game of Sabacc. To the right, was a surprisingly large space dominated by booths for patrons of all shapes and sizes to rest in and drink their fill. One such booth was filled with a rowdy bunch of older beings - judging from the sound of their voices.

Tanner didn't turn his head, but whispered to Ari. "If anyone is to start trouble- it's them." he said in mention to the older beings. "Keep an eye out".

At the centre of the bar was a woman, Tanner could not decipher her age - especially in this light. She was either youngish, or just young for her age. However, one thing Tanner could make out was the hideous burn mark stretching from the bridge of her nose to her right temple. The eye on that side of her face appeared to be robotic, with a yellow pupil staring out over the space, juxtaposed with the dark grey metal that made up the rest of her eye. Her right arm was also missing, with metal rods, wires and servos stretching from the shoulder down in place of bones, muscles and tendons. As she cleaned a glass, you could see the inner intricacies of her prosthetic arm work.

As Tanner and Ari fully entered Vagrants, the bar attendant's head snapped up, pulling the blonde hair bound behind her head up with it.

"Welcome to 'Vagrants'…" She started what seemed like the standard greeting but was cut off by a voice from the boisterous table of old timers from the booth

"Hey Lefty, do you think we could get a refill over here!"

Her head turned to the side hair swaying with the movement, "Do I look like your waiter," She said in a playful yet hash tone, "ask yours when they come around. You're not the only ones in this bar you old fossils." She turned back to face Tanner and Ari, "Let's try that again," the smile returned, her still human eye closing a little as she did so, "Welcome to 'Vagrants' what can I get ya'"

"A Coruscant Mix for me - don't skimp out on the good stuff" Tanner announced confidently as he strode over to the bar. He took a seat on an available stool at the centre of the bar - with one next to him free for Ari. Up close, Tanner realised that the barkeep could have been quite good looking - if it wasn't for her disfigurements. It was a shame, but her appearance didn't stop Tanner from speaking to her like a normal person.

"So how long have you been running this place?" Tanner looked up and asked from his stool - his fingers gently tapping on the bar's surface.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 Ktala GrimdarkRose AbsolX Uriel Manteroni Darth Ukendt

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Mini-GM update because I wanted to write 'Lefty' more.

IC: Lefty
    Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

"A Coruscant Mix for me - don't skimp out on the good stuff", the new patron ordered Lefty's left eye opened a bit wider.

"Ok," she said turning her back and tugging on the hem of her shirt, which had the sleeves cut off. Partially hidden she looked up something on a datapad that resided at the station. After taking a moment to look at the screen she started pulling down the ingredients. Her hand reached up to grab a bottle from the top shelf. For a quick moment she looked at the vessel she'd wrapped her left hand around, then to the man at the bar. She shook her head slightly putting the decanter back in its place, from the bar it's hard to make out the name of the liquor but, the logo is distinctive, a green monster that looked like the oversized, ornery, grandfather of a Rancor.

"So how long have you been running this place?" The stranger asked.

A small laugh left her throat "Thanks for the complement, sir." She answered turning back around setting the bottles and other hardware on the bar. "But, I don't run this place." She pointed to a few panels of transparasteel that looked down over the bar, "If you're looking for the boss, he's up there, buried in the books." She started putting the drink together, continuing to speak, "No, I just sling the drinks and greet people as they come in." She finished the drink and set it before the brown haired man, "One Coruscant Mix," a slight smile pulled at the left corner of her mouth, "I can't speak to the quality, first time I've ever had to made one of those." She leaned in a little closer lowering her voice a little, "Had to look up the recipe on the holo-net." She drew herself back up to her full height, a little shorter than most of the other beings at the bar. "But, if you want to know how long I've been here well, I'd say it's been about, fourteen years." She touched the upper part of her right arm, wincing a little. "I guess it's been a bit, started as the bar back here, been the head bartender here for about four or five years." She cast an eye to the rowdy table that had seem to have calmed down with the next round being delivered.

"So," she started turning back to the man that had just ordered, "since we're playing 'Ask Questions' I've got one for you." Her robotic eye looked him up and down, her face didn't flicker, "Judging from your accent and order I'd say you come from somewhere far closer to the 'Bright Center' of the galaxy." She ran another glass under some water and began drying it off with a rag, "So what brings you all the way out here, business? If so it must be dangerous business if you need to wear that much kit." She said pointing with her glass at the armor he wore. Her metal eye drifted over to the back corner of the bar then tracked something moving towards the exit. She shook her head slightly before returning her gaze to her current conversation partner.

TAG: Shekel_1383

GrimdarkRose, Ktala and Shekel_1383 like this.
  20. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

A small laugh escaped the throat of the barkeep. "Thank's for the compliment, sir." She replied, after beginning to prepare Tanner's drink. "But, I don't run this place." She pointed to a few panels of transparasteel that looked down over the bar, "If you're looking for the boss, he's up there, buried in the books." Tanner followed her finger, keeping a mental note - should he need the information.

"No, I just sling the drinks and greet people as they come in." she continued, finishing the drink and placing it before Tanner. "One Coruscant Mix," a slight smile pulled at the left corner of her mouth, "I can't speak to the quality, first time I've ever had to made one of those." She leaned in a little closer lowering her voice a little, "Had to look up the recipe on the holo-net."

"Well," Tanner said, as he raised the glass to his lips "there's a first time for everything. As for the quality -" he took a delicate sip of the concoction. The cocktail had a fiery bite, but a sweet after-taste. "-it'll do", a smile snook up Tanner's mouth. The barkeep - "Lefty" as the other patrons called her - drew herself up to full height.

"But, if you want to know how long I've been here well, I'd say it's been about, fourteen years." She touched the upper part of her right arm, wincing a little. "I guess it's been a bit, started as the bar back here, been the head bartender here for about four or five years." She cast an eye to the rowdy table that had seem to have calmed down with the next round being delivered. Before Tanner could probe her more, she began again. "So, since we're playing 'Ask Questions' I've got one for you." Her robotic eye looked him up and down, her face didn't flicker, "Judging from your accent and order I'd say you come from somewhere far closer to the 'Bright Center' of the galaxy."

Tanner looked up from his drink and looked Lefty straight in the robotic eye. "I'm fairly certain the accent and drink gave it away- you however, I can't place. Somewhere mid-rim?" Lefty smirked,and began washing another glass and rinsing it out with a cloth."So what brings you all the way out here, business? If so it must be dangerous business if you need to wear that much kit." She said pointing with her glass at the armour he wore. Her metal eye drifted over to the back corner of the bar then tracked something moving towards the exit. She shook her head slightly before returning her gaze to her current conversation partner.

Tanner tilted his head ever so slightly to the side to see behind him, to what Lefty was distracted by. He saw someone leaving - long white hair pulled up through a helmet of some kind. The being seemed armoured, but Tanner couldn't get a better look untill they passed the corner, out of view. Tanner sensed a change in Lefty's emotions. She was curious, it was obvious that she sees armour-clad beings all the time. It wasn't fear that drew her attention - it was something else, something curious.

Tanner turned his eyes back to Lefty, as she returned to him. "You could say I'm out here on business. It's only dangerous if other people make it that way. But right now, I'm here for pleasure" And with that, he took another sip of his drink. "My turn to ask a question again" Tanner continued. "Who're they?" Tanner jerked his thumb in the direction of the older, rowdier men who were being loud on Tanner and Ari's entrance.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 AbsolX

21. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Triwhal
    Thallass breathed deeply "Tanner, head to 'Vagrants' see what you can find out. Just don't draw too much attention. Ari, um… here," Thallass told Ari a comn channel. Her fancy comn chip told her that one system was attached, but it wouldn't give her a location, "that's the one I've always used, it'll also keep you in contact with Rei should you need her for anything." Well, that explained the one system on the channel. She put it the comn as the other crewmates did. "Also Ari, could you go with Tanner to the bar? I'd go but I think I'm too young." He turned his attention to Maya and Vee, "I'll go with you guys to the market, see if there's any call for old trinkets." Maya, Vee, and Thallass headed off to the market, leaving only Ari and Tanner.

"Well then, partner, looks like we have work to do" Tanner began to head of to the bar, as Ari followed. "Thallass call us if you get in trouble - we'll come running"

After walking a bit Tanner turned back to speak with Ari "I know these types of places - and the type of people to frequent them - very well, just follow my lead"

"Alright. I usually stick to the less seedy places for shipping jobs." They entered the colorless bar. It was a beat up place, with sparactic lighting. There were some rowdy older beings 'playing' around in a corner. "If anyone is to start trouble- it's them." Tanner said, in regards to them "Keep an eye out". Ari nodded.

The bar tender was a female cyborg. When they reached the center, her head snapped up. "Welcome to 'Vagrants'…" she began.

"Hey Lefty, do you think we could get a refill over here!" One of the older beings yelled.

"Do I look like your waiter," She said, scolding "ask yours when they come around. You're not the only ones in this bar you old fossils." She turned back to face Tanner and Ari, "Let's try that again," the smile returned, her still human eye closing a little as she did so, "Welcome to 'Vagrants' what can I get ya'"

"A Coruscant Mix for me - don't skimp out on the good stuff" Tanner announced, plopping down on a stool in the center of the bar. Ari sat down on the stool next to him. "I'll take a water..in a clear glass." That was her standard order.
    "Ok," the cyborg said, as she turned to the drink maker.
    "So how long have you been running this place?" Tanner asked the bar tender.
    "Thanks for the complement, sir. But, I don't run this place." She pointed to a room with a transparent floor above them, "If you're looking for the boss, he's up there, buried in the books. No, I just sling the drinks and greet people as they come in." She finished the drink and gave it to Tanner, "One Coruscant Mix. I can't speak to the quality, first time I've ever had to made one of those." She leaned closer as whispered to Tanner, "Had to look up the recipe on the holo-net." She returned to her normal place "But, if you want to know how long I've been here well, I'd say it's been about, fourteen years. I guess it's been a bit, started as the bar back here, been the head bartender here for about four or five years." She cast an eye to the rowdy table that had seem to have calmed down with the next round being delivered.

"So, since we're playing 'Ask Questions' I've got one for you. Judging from your accent and order I'd say you come from somewhere far closer to the 'Bright Center' of the galaxy. So what brings you all the way out here, business? If so it must be dangerous business if you need to wear that much kit." she said, eyeing his mando armor.

"You could say I'm out here on business. It's only dangerous if other people make it that way. But right now, I'm here for pleasure" Tanner said "My turn to ask a question again" He pointed to the rowdy beings in the front "Who're they? he said.

22. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Trìewahl docking station

"Tanner, head to 'Vagrants' see what you can find out. Just don't draw too much attention." Thallass said, and Maya could feel he was still not quite at ease. How obvious it was to the others she didn't know. "Ari, um… here, that's the one I've always used, it'll also keep you in contact with Rei should you need her for anything. Also Ari, could you go with Tanner to the bar? I'd go but I think I'm too young." Maya couldn't help but snort, and caught Doc-Vee's eye. Thallass spoke to them next, and Maya put on her best encouraging face; "I'll go with you guys to the market, see if there's any call for old trinkets."

Maya gave a mock-salute and followed Thallass and Doc-Vee through the crowded market, enjoying the sights and smells of a new planet. Her stomach rumbled at the smell of food, but experience had taught her better than to run up and grab a bite without first knowing where it had been, or you'd end up with some very angry Wookiees on your trial, perhaps looking to rescue their loved one from the contents of your stomach. She could hear music too, and the jingle of small coins. As she walked, she could feel the gravity was marginally stronger than the Borei's artificial sort. Not enough for a machine to pick up, or to affect her in any way, but comforting somehow just the same. "Are the parts you need for the repairs, very hard to find?"

Maya passed her the list; "Judge for yourself. Most of them shouldn't be a problem, but that one, " she tapped one item, "was placed by some sadist especially to torture whichever poor mechanic would be there when it packed up. Which, as it turns out, is me." She shrugged. Not that it'll be too much of a problem, I hope. Anything you're planning on buying while we're here?"

They reached the used parts shop and followed Thallass inside. The being behind the counter leaned forward, "Hey Stranger," they said putting their hands on the counter, "Whadda ya buyin."

Maya glanced momentarily to Thallass, then walked forward, put on a smile and handed the (maybe male, now she'd had a closer look) shopkeeper the list; "Do you have any of these?" She asked, then left the rest to Thallass, moving around the shop to see what she could find but keeping an eye on her datapad. It should be locked, the list the only accessible item, but she wasn't taking any chances. There were plenty of weapons lining the walls which Maya was sure would thrill most of the Borei's crew, and, tucked away in a corner, she thought she could make out all the parts they required.

The question was: could Thallass sell his 'trinkets' for them? And if he could, would they have enough for the information they needed?

Maya looked back to Thallass, then to the shopkeeper, and waited for her answer.

TAG: Ktala, galactic-vagabond422

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lefty
    Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Who're they?" The stranger jerked his thumb towards the boisterous table. A slight chuckle left Lefty's mouth as she looked over.

"Oh, them," she remarked setting the glass down on the bar. "They call themselves the 'Old Guard' they were here when some Separatists thought it would be a good idea to try and raid this place." She put her hands, metal and flesh, on the bar. "It happened during the last part of the Clone Wars long before I started here." She gave a look out into the space checking to see if anyone needed her. "They feel like this place owes them but, they're mostly old spacers who happened to be here at the right time. The real hero was Diomeade Falkirk." Upon hearing the name, the table quiets and they lift their glasses.

"Falkirk." They said in unison.

She lifts an empty glass to join them, the left side of her mouth frowning just a bit, "Falkirk," she said quietly, voice a little lower. "Yeah, Diomeade gets a lot of respect on this station because of that." She looked away fidgeting with something behind the bar before letting out a sharp breath. "Anyway," the smile comes back as she brought her head back up, "I'm from Centares, a polluted little planet once the Empire got done with it. I was born before all that though. Couldn't wait to leave, it was too boring there, jumped aboard the first ship I could and got out of there." She flexed her metal arm as if remembering when it happened. "I've never looked back." She pressed the hand into the bar again, "for better or worse." Lefty gave a glance to the woman that came in with the stranger. "What about you miss, everything alright?" Lefty's eyes move to the entrance then roll. "Oh, it's a party now." She said under her breath.

"Hey," the 'Old Guard' called out, "Been waiting for ya' Scar."

"Yeah, I got hung up at the control tower." The being was human with balding grey hair. He turned his attention to the bar to Lefty. A jagged scar ran down his forehead and across the bridge of his nose. "Lefty," he said with a draw, obviously from the outer rim. "Rancor Killer, it's a special day." A sigh leaves her mouth as she turned around to pull down the bottle with the distinctive logo. She moved over to the side closest to the 'Old Guard'. Her metal right leg thudded against the hard floor. If the newcomers looked over the bar they'd see a similarly basic cybernetic leg starting about at about the middle of her right thigh.

She poured the clear liquid into a shot glass. "Come get it Scar, I'm not bringing it to ya'."

"Leave the bottle." The scarred man said, "Special day."

"Oh, and what makes it so special."

The balding man smiled and downed the drink in one gulp. "Because." He turned to face his friends, "Ol' Diomeade is back." The table erupted into cheers and questions.

"When'd he get here?"

"What's he doing?"

"Is he staying long?"

Scar calmed his companions. "I don't know much but, I just gave his ship clearance to dock. And if he has any sense he'll make his way here."

"Falkirk." The table yelled again raising their glasses. Lefty moved a stray lock of hair behind her ear, not smiling, almost a frown on her face.

She moved back to the Human and Togruta, "If you're looking for some quiet you might want to leave now. It's about to get a little rowdy in here." The left corner of her mouth curls a bit but, her natural eye didn't seem to share the expression of her mouth. "Keep it down over there," the Bartender called out, to the increasingly boisterous booth, "Some people like to drink in peace."

"But Lefty." on of the patrons said, "Falkirk's back, that's something to celebrate."

"Yeah I'll believe that when the Ancient Spacer himself walks though that entrance." She pointed with her metal finger towards the opening at the front of the bar. Her voice lacked the playful nature it had before when dealing with the rowdy group. "Until then keep that kind of rumor to yourselves." Lefty let out a deep breath trying to smile again. Her eyes continued to not share the same sentiment.

"Can I get you anything else?" she asked the two patrons in front of her.

TAG: Shekel_1383 AbsolX
    _____
    New, Used and Salvaged, Trìewahl Docking Station

Maya took the lead in opening negotiations with the shadowy shopkeep. Reading the list of needed parts the man grumbled a bit.

"I might have the parts you need." He started looking at the Zeltron, "But do you have the money to pay for it. Some of these can be a little hard to find."

"Uhh…" Thallass piped up, "I'm sure we can trade for what we need."

The man's head looked to the young Duros, "I do deal in trade yes but, it depends on what you have…Stranger."

"Um…" Thallass stepped forward pulling out his grandfather's datapad. He rolled though one or two pictures of ornate trinkets made of precious metals and stones. "Would these be worth something?"

"Heh…" the man leaned in closer, "it's fine craftsmanship, ancient, made of gold and platinum. They'd be worth a lot to the right people." He lowered his gaze a little, "but, I'm not the right person, I work in salvaged parts and blasters." He took a step back, "And I wouldn't know who to go to about fencing those items." He took a moment to look over the beings in front of him, "If you're looking for work, I might know a few people in need of hands. Nothing dangerous or untoward but, might take a few days to get the money you need to buy these parts." He let out another breath, "Unless you need those parts today, then I'd suggest heading to the Bounty Hunting office. I hear there are a few bounties available, might make enough to pay for what you need."

Thallass nodded his head and looked at some of the weapons on the wall. This looked like a bit of a dead end. Maybe he shouldn't have sent Ari to 'Vagrants' after all.

Two steps forward, one step back. He looked back to Maya and Vee, "Well what do we do now?" he asked hands in his pockets, "Should we visit the bounty hunting office?" He shrugged his shoulders, "Or meet with …" he gave a glance to the shopkeeper, "our contact."

TAG: Ktala GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose and Shekel_1383 like this.
  24. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Oh, them" Lefty replied. "They call themselves the 'Old Guard', they were here when some Separatists thought it would be a good idea to try and raid this place" she continued, putting her hands, real or otherwise, down on the bar. "It happened during the last part of the Clone Wars long before I started here." She glanced out over the bar, presumably to check if anyone needed her. "They feel like this place owes them, but, they're mostly old spacers who happened to be here at the right time. The real hero was Diomeade Falkirk." As soon as his name was said, the table of spacers of yonder year raised their glasses in unison.

"Falkirk" they said, as if ritualistic. This took Tanner as a bit of a surprise, it seemed old Diomeade was more than he ever let on.

Lefty quaintly held up an empty glass to join with them. "Falkirk" she said, albeit quietly.

"Yeah, Diomeade gets a lot of respect on this station because of that." She looked away fidgeting with something behind the bar before letting out a sharp breath. "Anyway," the smile comes back as she brought her head back up, "I'm from Centares, a polluted little planet once the Empire got done with it. I was born before all that though. Couldn't wait to leave, it was too boring there, jumped aboard the first ship I could and got out of there." She flexed her metal arm as if remembering when it happened. "I've never looked back." She pressed the hand into the bar again, "for better or worse."

"Centares? Never been" Tanner said, taking another drink from his glass, keeping a closer ear to the rowdier tavern goers than before.

Lefty gave a glance to Ari. "What about you miss, everything alright?" Lefty's eyes move to the entrance then roll. "Oh, it's a party now." Tanner heard her say under her breath.

"Hey," the 'Old Guard' called out, "Been waiting for ya' Scar."

"Yeah, I got hung up at the control tower." Tanner turned his head to see the being. He was human with balding grey hair. He turned his attention to the bar to Lefty. A jagged scar ran down his forehead and across the bridge of his nose. "

Lefty," he said with a draw, obviously from the outer rim. "Rancor Killer, it's a special day."

A sigh leaves her mouth as she turned around to pull down the bottle with the distinctive logo. She moved over to the side closest to the 'Old Guard'. Tanner didn't need to look over the bar to notice that at least one of Lefty's legs was similarly cybernetic to her arm - the loud "clunk"gave it away.

She poured the clear liquid into a shot glass. "Come get it Scar, I'm not bringing it to ya'."

"Leave the bottle." The scarred man said, "Special day."

The balding man smiled and downed the drink in one gulp. "Because." He turned to face his friends, "Ol' Diomeade is back." The table erupted into cheers and questions. Tanner sat up, shooting Ari a smile. It would soon be time to join in with this "Old Guard"

Their questions came out live a volley of rockets.

"When'd he get here?"

"What's he doing?"

"Is he staying long?"

Scar calmed his companions. "I don't know much but, I just gave his ship clearance to dock. And if he has any sense he'll make his way here."

"Falkirk." The table yelled again raising their glasses. Lefty moved a stray lock of hair behind her ear, not smiling, almost a frown on her face. Tanner was curious to know how everyone else in the establishment could hold such love for Diomeade, but her, not so much. He glanced up at her, cockily smiling.

"Falkirk" he said, raising his glass, and then drinking, not breaking eye contact. Something was off with Lefty.

She moved back to Tanner and Ari "If you're looking for some quiet you might want to leave now. It's about to get a little rowdy in here." The left corner of her mouth curls a bit but, her natural eye didn't seem to share the expression of her mouth.

"Keep it down over there," the Bartender called out, to the increasingly boisterous booth, "Some people like to drink in peace."

"My dear it's quite alright, the loudest places are often the best" Tanner said, swirling what remained of his drink in his glass.

"But Lefty." on of the patrons said, "Falkirk's back, that's something to celebrate."

"Yeah I'll believe that when the Ancient Spacer himself walks though that entrance." She pointed with her metal finger towards the opening at the front of the bar. Her voice lacked the playful nature it had before when dealing with the rowdy group. "Until then keep that kind of rumor to yourselves." Lefty let out a deep breath trying to smile again. Her eyes continued to not share the same sentiment.

"Can I get you anything else?" she asked the Tanner and Ari.

"Nothing but a refill, if you would be so kind" Tanner said as he stood up. He shot Ari a wink and walked over to the Old Guard's booth.

"Gentlemen," Tanner began. "You're partially correct. Falkirk is in town. But not the one you know. The hero of this station we all so dearly know suffered a heart attack aboard his ship, and is now in an Imperial Hospital on Ord Mantell. My name is Tanner Darsten -Scoundrel, smuggler and occasional gentleman." Tanner gave a short, mock bow. "I was in Diomeade's service - and still am. With me, is the rest of the crew, and our captain, Thallass Falkirk" Tanner did his best to captivate his audience, they would be useful if they trusted him.

While waiting for them to respond, Tanner tuned into his com-link, and on to the crew's channel.

"Captain Falkrik" Tanner said, smiling. "You and the gang should come on down to Vagrants. There are some people you should meet. I'll even buy you a drink"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 AbsolX GrimdarkRose Ktala

25. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Vagants
    "Oh, them," The bartender said in response "They call themselves the 'Old Guard' they were here when some Separatists thought it would be a good idea to try and raid this place." Interesting....so this place was getting raided back then."It happened during the last part of the Clone Wars long before I started here. They feel like this place owes them but, they're mostly old spacers who happened to be here at the right time. The real hero was Diomeade Falkirk." Diomeade....interesting, maybe we can get some free stuff or help.

"Falkirk." Most customers raised their glasses and toasted to him.

"Falkirk," The bartender said, whispering "Yeah, Diomeade gets a lot of respect on this station because of that." She looked away at something under the bar. "Anyway," She came back up, "I'm from Centares, a polluted little planet once the Empire got done with it." Ari almost groaned out loud. The Empire had a ruined many planets. From what she knew, the Shiliean chieftains had been paying money to the Empire for their own atuomany and land rights. "I was born before all that though. Couldn't wait to leave, it was too boring there, jumped aboard the first ship I could and got out of there. I've never looked back." She pressed the hand into the bar again, "for better or worse." She glanced at Ari. "What about you miss, everything alright?" Ari was about to say something about Farlik, but the bartender looked over Ari to the entrance "Oh, it's a party now." She said under her breath. Ari whipped around to see elderly person whom had entered the bar.

"Hey," An 'Old Guard' called out, "Been waiting for ya' Scar."

"Yeah, I got hung up at the control tower." He looked toward the bartender "Lefty," he said, "Rancor Killer, it's a special day." Lefty sighed and grabbed a bottle from her bar. She walked over to a side near Scar and the 'guards'. Ari head the sound of her metal leg on a floor.

"Come get it Scar, I'm not bringing it to ya'." Lefty said

"Leave the bottle." He said, "Special day."

Scar downed the drink. "Because." He looked around the group, "Ol' Diomeade is back." Everyone started cheering.

"When'd he get here?"

"What's he doing?"

"Is he staying long?"

Scar calmed the bar down. "I don't know much but, I just gave his ship clearance to dock. And if he has any sense he'll make his way here."

"Falkirk." The customers toasted again. Lefty moved a stray lock of hair behind her ear, not smiling, almost a frown on her face.

Lefty returned to Ari and Tanner, "If you're looking for some quiet you might want to leave now. It's about to get a little rowdy in here. Keep it down over there," the Bartender called out, to the increasingly boisterous booth, "Some people like to drink in peace."

"Yeah I'll believe that when the Ancient Spacer himself walks though that entrance." She pointed to the door. "Until then keep that kind of rumor to yourselves." She faked smiled, but her real eye stayed the same.
    "Can I get you anything else?" she asked Ari's group. Tanner asked for a refill and then addressed the bar.

Gentlemen," Tanner began. "You're partially correct. Falkirk is in town. But not the one you know. The hero of this station we all so dearly know suffered a heart attack aboard his ship, and is now in an Imperial Hospital on Ord Mantell. My name is Tanner Darsten -Scoundrel, smuggler and occasional gentleman." Tanner gave a mock bow. "I was in Diomeade's service - and still am. With me, is the rest of the crew, and our captain, Thallass Falkirk" Tanner tried to captivate them.

Tanner activated his comnlink. "Captain Falkrik" Tanner said. "You and the gang should come on down to Vagrants. There are some people you should meet. I'll even buy you a drink"

Ari was mildly upset that she couldn't introduce their group, but she still stood up. "I'm also part of Falkirk's crew. We have stopped here for information about..." Ari paused,"Well, I should let cap' explain it."