main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Outside of Vagrants
    As Ari spoke with the guardian of the missing boys, she heard Maya speak to Tanner "Well, you've got your bounty-hunting wish, and most likely your Jedi-hero wish too. Don't deny it, you know it's true. Assuming the worst has happened and those poor kids are right now meeting their 'Slasher', we need to hurry. Any ideas what kind of place someone like that would take them?"

"I'm not a Jed- you know what never mind, you're never going to stop calling me that" Tanner replied, whispering back "But yes, this looks like it'll be fun. I'll be honest. Unless the "Slasher" is a bit more merciful towards kids, they're already dead." He said bluntly. But, I'd think, if he was to take them some place, it would be some place secluded - like a warehouse or a back alley"

"The Slasher?" Ari thought "That's morbid. I was thinking tripping into some hole or getting lost, slavery kidnapping at the most, not a serial killer."

"Okay, idea. You collect information about the Slasher and the kids from the lady - ask her about places in a mile-ish vicinity that are secluded or known to be shady. Ask her other stuff about the Slasher too, if there are any patterns to his killings: locations, types of people he kills - stuff like that" Tanner said to Maya.

"Hey, Vee's still with Scar and the gang, maybe she can get some info." If she conmed Vee with the info in front this lady, she probably get scared and her info would be messed with all those krithen physiological biases. Then she remembered a trick. I while ago, she modded a droid's speech recognition chip onto her comn. It was the kind that allowed doirds to deal with many different accents. She turned her comn on and put it up to her neck as if she was stretching. She started speaking without opening her mouth. The comn would pick up the vibrations and decode it into speak. It would sound kinda robotic, with the words warped slightly, but hopefully the message could get across. "Heh, Veh. Ask Har about the Slasher. Killing patterns, target patterns, body locations eheh." She put her arm down and waited for the lady to answer.

2. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Ryen Rasi
    Vagrants

Co-wah! What just happened? Ryen ears flicked downward as he watched the interaction in front of him. He was in a good mood, and had simply tried to disfuse a situation. Instead, stupid pink insulted HIM, and made a silly situation into a dangerious one. This one was hairtrigger. Obviously did not know what he had done. Now it put Ryen in a bad light. He was looking for work. To back down now, might cost him credits. And he did not like this beings tone! "Our "unarmed patron" here-" Tanner nudged the barrel, "is causing trouble. So back off, fur face, or there certainly will be problems." Ryen pulled himself tall, and was about to react, when this tiny female came from no place.

"Tanner," she said,"I'm ashamed of you. Threatening a patron, when this could all be resolved with just a couple credits." Tiny female looked at the Catuman, the rude boy had ran into. "I'm sorry sir. The death of our captain, this boy's guardian" she gestured toward rude boy, "has left most of the crew shaken. I hope you forgive us for this." She then turned toward the Cathar "Thank you, sir for buying this man a drink. If you're really stressed for credits, I'll pay for it. Of course, its coming out of Tanner's paycheck." Ryen looked at the female for a moment, and then nodded a grunt of acceptence. At least it comes from rude ones credits. So, the rude pink started talking once more. "Yes, my dear friend is right, Apologies everyone," he shouted. "Death takes it's toll on everyone, does it not? Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way." What a load of poodoo! Ryen thought to himself, but it saved face, and he was getting a drink out of it. For now. Ryen growled in annoyance, but turned towards the bar, thankful he did not have to pay for the drink. The Catuman was now at the bar, still rather annoyed. "Should have taught that kid a lesson, at least I'm getting a replacement for my drink." He ordered a strange drink, but the bartender turned him down. The bartender leaned in towards the Catuman, "You should thank that woman for giving you an out." The bartender's voice lacked any warmth, and had a deadly edge, "If you'd have harmed one cell in that boy's body, your life would have gotten a whole lot worse." Her metal arm pressed into the bar again, "He's a Falkirk," Scar glared at the Catuman, Thallass was involved in that, if he'd known, damn right he would have done something. "has a lot of friends on this station, including the Director. You start something with him, and the whole station will come down on you, and you know what I'll do."

That scrawny, rude being? He was not very impressive, but it seemed that his family drew some weight in these parts. Ryen made a face, but stayed silent. The bartender continued. "Absolutely nothing. You may be strong but, I see no less than five bounty hunters that would like nothing more than to pound you into the floor, just so they can say that a Falkirk owes them a favor." The woman smiling a little, while she grabbed down another bottle of Rancor Killer. "One Rancor Killer." She said pouring the drink into a glass she'd set on the bar top. "If you're looking for work, I hear that boy is looking for crew, if you hurry up, you might catch him." She placed the glass down in front of Ryen. Ryen picked up the glass, and sniffed it a bit before talking a large swig from the glass. Hmmm. Not bad. Ryen was enjoying another gulp from his glass, when an older male walked over towards him. "I think the lady meant that information for you." He said approaching Ryen. Ryen put down the glass, and focused on the man. "Don't know why but, if you're looking for work, there's no better job than working for a Falkirk." He winked, "Believe me, it's always an adventure." Ryen's ears twitched. He really needed the credits. But to work for such a .. a mewling. And the rude one worked with him as well? It was amazing they were still alive. Question was, could he pay anything? Well, he probably was doing better than most of the folks on this station. He had a ship at least. Ryen looked at the male. "An adventuuuure?" he echoed. He had a feeling that translated to, you will be saving this beings backside more than planned. BUT, if the family name did hold that much weight, could be useful. Ryen, would just have to get past a few distasteful issues. Ryen quickly downed the rest of his drink, and then gave a nod towards the old male, and the female bartender. "Hee's looking for crrrrew? I willl check. Thaaank you." Ryen grinned, and gave a hearty burp, as he bounded off the chair. He then made his way out of the bar. Ryen trotted down the street. He figured that perhaps the crew was making their way back towards their ship. He slowed, when he noticed a group of beings talking. Rude one was with two ladies, one Ryen remembered from before. They were talking to a Bothan. Then the rude one turned and left, jogging down the street and it left the boy there with the two ladies, and the Bothan.

Slowly, Ryen made his way to the group. He stopped a few feet away, and tilted his head slightly. He looked towards the young Duros, and then the other females in the area. "I hearrrr you might be hirrring?" he asked. He then looked over at the Bothan, and nodded slightly. "Isss therrre a prrroblem?" he asked, the group in general, noticing now that the Bothan female looked rather distressed.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants, Main Bar, Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee was so busy listening about the story of the Slasher, that she didnt see any type of altercation about to happen. Which was probably a good thing. Besides, even if there was, Maya and Ari and Tanner could most definitely handle anything that came across. This was much more interesting, and more important to Vee.

"No blood? That is kinda strange." Vee commented. Scar sat back down. "Almost makes ya think that someone is taking it, and using it for something else." The woman frowned, a bit, Scar mirrored her reaction. "And what better way to scare folks off ya track, is to leave behind a few gruesome bodies." He nodded his head, in agreement. Vee shrugged her shoulders. "Then again, Ive probably read waaay too many holo-mysteries. But a lack of blood does add a bit of weirdness to it. When someone commented it coudlnt be a woman doing it, Nianne, snorted that the insinuation but, didn't say anything. Before Vee could say anything, Tanner's voice drowned her out, as he hollered across the bar to speak to the table. "Gentlemen, give my regards to Lefty - tell her she makes a half-decent Coruscant Mix."

"You can tell me yourself," Lefty called out, now returned to her station at the bar. "Thanks for letting me know. The next round is on me!" As she spoke, as if on cue, a few credits dropped on to the table. Manx's eyes widen, and Drogen gives the woman a sidelong glance. Her next words were drowned out by Tanner shouting over the din of the bar, "For the drinks!" Scar looked at the credits on the table then looked to the woman.

Well durgert! He had to go steal my thunger. Vee thought to herself, as she gave a sigh. Scar looked over at Vee. "Hm…looks like your friend took care of it already but, if you want to pick up another round later I'd have no problems." He picked up the credits and moved over to the bar. "And if you and your Captain ever need any help from us old hands, just give a call to the bar, we're usually here." Vee smiled, and dropped a few more credits at the table for them. "Sure! I'll remember that." she added with a grin.

Suddenly, her comlink went off, and Vee picked it up to her ear. As she did, she noticed the Cathar at the bar, but that everyone else had seen to have left the bar. She frowned, but didnt say anything as she listened to her comlink. A very peculiar robot voice came across her comlink. ["Heh, Veh. Ask Har about the Slasher. Killing patterns, target patterns, body locations eheh."] She put her arm down and waited for the lady to answer.

WHA? Okay..it Kinda sounded like Ari. And she wanted her to ask..SCAR? maybe about the Slasher. Okay... Killing patterns? Target patterns BODY LOCATIONS?! Oh yeah, how exactly does one work that into polite conversation? Or even NOT so polite conversation, and NOT sound like your trying just a tad bit creepy. Vee followed Scar over to the bar. She listened to the tense conversation that Scar, Lefty and a cat looking creature had. The Cathar had left. She leaned over, and dropped a few more credits on the bar. "That's for the group, later on." She stated. She then looked over at Lefty. "Those...rancor drinks? Can I get three bottles to take with me?" she asked. As Lefty went over to grab the bottles, Vee softly whispered to Scar. "Um, my friends want to know more about this Slasher. I think they're nuts. But they want more info. Got anyplace where I can find out more detailed info?, Like where they found the bodies and stuff?" she softly asked him.

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

4. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    Ioko was still a little groggy, mostly because he'd just woke up, but he was at least awake at this point, he exited the Borei, and smiled apon feeling sunlight on his back, he'd forgotten to ask where they were, but he was fine without knowing, so long as he remembered the way back to the ship, he'd be fine, "Fantastic," he uttered to himself, a sideways grin on his face, and he walked off, he wasn't sure where, but he needed to stretch his legs, so he took a bit of a jog, jumping over people who happened to have gotten in his way, he felt great.

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Trìewahl Docking Station

"That'd be great, Thallass." A slight smile grew on the teen's face "Captain. Captain Thallass." The grin dimmed a little as Maya seemed to have a little trouble addressing him.

"Hello, mam." Thallass twitched a little hearing Ari's voice so suddenly. "So you're saying that your wards have gone missing? Our crew would be glad to help you." The Bothan started to shrink away from the growing group of people, the young Duros took a little step closer, nodding his head a little, doing his best to be supportive. He could see the fear and tension in her eyes. He knew how she felt, freaked out and scared that she'd done something she couldn't fix. "So, where was the last place you saw them."

She turned her attention to the Togruta, shaking her head, fighting back her emotions. "We…We were in the market, I was looking for something for us to eat." Her head hung just a little, "I turned my back to talk with the shopkeeper when I looked back and they were gone, just gone." She slammed her fist into her thigh, "Damn it, damn it, damn it," a string of curses left her mouth, "It's all my fault, I should have kept a closer eye, I should have…" Again Thallass stepped closer, he could see the walls closing in on her. He felt a connection to her, a sudden responsibility, one they weren't ready for, and feeling like you were failing at it. He was lucky to have such a capable crew around him to help, this Bothan had no one.

"I'm off to the Bounty Hunting Office," Her gaze snapped up to Tanner backing away from the group. "they'll have more information - and we're getting payed for this damn it." Her eyes widen and her lip quivered a little.

"I…I have nothing to pay you with, all I have left are the clothes on my back, and my datapad." Again the Bothan backed away, fear playing across her features. Thallass continued his painfully slow advance, not wanting to crowd her, but also not wanting her to run away.

He opened his mouth to speak but, was cut off, "I hearrrr you might be hirrring?"

"AHHhh," the young Duros shouted, shocking the Bothan as well, some much for not spooking her.

"Isss therrre a prrroblem?" He turned to see a Cathar, he thinks he recognizes the being from the bar. From the felinoid's appearance they seemed to be a person that could handle themselves, a fighter judging from his build.

"It's nothing, I'll…" the young woman began to turn away. Thallass clenches his fist, taking a long step towards her, crossing the barrier he'd put between them. Reaching out a hand he gently wrapped in around her shoulder. The Bothan's head snapped around tears forming in the pit of her eyes. The young Duros stood there frozen for a moment, part of him knew he'd crossed a line but, something inside him drove him to do this, he wasn't going to let this being go thought this alone, no one should.

"Please miss, let us help." He said looking into her green eyes, he was taller than her having to bend his head down. "My crew and I are good at finding things." It was a little bit of a lie, but a bounty hunter, a treasure hunter, and a Jedi, already they seemed rather capable of finding two little kids. With the help of Rei, they should have this all wrapped up quickly. "And don't worry about paying us, we should be able to handle this no problem." As he spoke doubt crept in, should he really promise this, promise that it would be no problem, maybe it was his mouth getting him into yet more trouble. But, it's just two kids who just wandered off, they couldn't have gotten into too much right? And looking at this poor girl, about his same age, he couldn't turn away, and it pained him to see her like this, so afraid nearly terrified.

Her features soften just a little, and she moved a little closer to the group. Thallass let out a deep sigh of relief, turning to the rest of the crew, Ari seemed to be putting her arm down for some reason. He looked to the Cathar that had stepped in, "Yes sir, I am Cap…" he paused for a bit, powering though his nervousness, it was time to be the leader, or at the very least less nervous, "Captain Thallass Falkirk, and if you're willing to help us, I won't turn you down." He straightened his shoulders, recalling the short lesson he got from Mr. Manteroni. He turned back to the Bothan, trying to smile a little, "Miss I'm sorry, I haven't asked your name."

"It's Tereez," She replied looking to the deck.

"Uh…" The young Duros suddenly realized that he hadn't let go of her shoulder yet. He released her looking up and away, that nervous energy settling back into his heart. "Well I'm Thallass…but, I guess you already know that…and uh…this is my crew…well part of it, I'm ah…a Captain." He seemed to stumble over every word he spoke as he gestured to the rather motley assemblage of beings behind him. As he did, his eyes caught sight of a rather groggy looking Tw'lek coming closer. "Uh…hey," he called out to the being, "I don't remember your name," He waved the sleepy figure over, "We could use all the help we can get over here,"

Suddenly Thallass's comlink chirped, startling him a bit, "His name is Ioko Ppudet" It was Rei, trying to save him from having to keep calling the Twi'lek 'You' but, only seemed to make things worse.

Tereez's face wore an expression of worry but, she didn't back away. Her eyes flicked between all the beings now in front of her, lingering just a little on the young Duros.

TAG: GrimdarkRose AbsolX HunterPrime Darth Ukendt
    _____
    IC: Fen
    Bounty Hunting Office, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Fen" Tanner started with a laugh, "You've got even fatter since the last time I saw you! Blast, it must have been what? 5 years? 6?"

The Feeorin chuckled sharing the Human's smile, "And you were a bit bigger back then too, you wasting away out here on the Rim?"

"I'm here on business - got myself hired in a crew looking for treasure. Once a pirate, always a pirate," Fen's eyebrow rose, surprised that someone would hire a man like Tanner. He's a good man, but a little rough around the edges. "Speaking of "these parts", why are you so outta the way, Fen? Last time I saw you was the south side of Coruscant!"

"Well the Bounty Hunting Guild needed someone out here and I volunteered, Courscant was getting boring."

"I hear you have a problem." Fen copied Tanner's movement leaning closer, still standing a taller than the Human. "A problem I can fix. One Slasher, I do believe?" Fen's eyes widen just a little but, he did a good job hiding his surprise otherwise. "There has to be a bounty for em'. If there is- sign me up. And I'll need as much information on him as you've got." The smile on Tanner's face was almost infectious but, the mention of the 'Slasher' had seemed to put a damper on Fen's mood.

"You know Tanner," Fen started sitting, chair creaking beneath him, "I think you like this job far too much." He tapped a few keys on his terminal and the built-in holoprojector came to life. On his left the contract for the person known as the 'Slasher'. The bounty is put up by the Trìewahl Security Force, offering 5,000 credits for their capture ALIVE, payment to be received after interrogation by the TSF, to confirm identity. Under the contract in bold red letters was a warning,

"CAUTION: Subject is armed and dangerous with 10 confirmed kills, use EXTREME caution when pursuing this target."

"But, I think this might be too much even for you." Fen next pulled up the pictures for the three most recent killings. One was a Mon Cal female, from the clothing that was on the separated arms and legs, it looked like a uniform for a passenger liner. Her head had been removed and stationed as a sort of trophy on a stack of crates, scorched craters take the place of her eyes. A wide shot of the whole scene show a torso cut in two diagonally from shoulder to waist, charred edges immediately apparent, two arms and two legs cast about the area like trash, along the wall burned into the metal seemed to be strange angular characters, like a language but, not one commonly used, the script didn't look anything like Aurebesh, the letters, if they were that, were too thin, simpler and more complex at the same time.

The second victim was an Ithoian Male, hands cut at the wrists, right arm severed at the elbow, and the left arm detached at the shoulder, one leg was cut above the knee while the other was seemingly untouched, still attached to what remained of the body. The pieces that were butchered lay strewn across the metal deck, discarded. Placed in the center of the carnage a heart, edges a little singed cut out of the Hammerhead's chest by the same implement that cut him to ribbons. One the ground over the organ more of the same writing that was at the last scene, still just as indecipherable.

The last, most recent body, that of a Human male with skin the color of amber and a bald head. The, again, mutilated body seemed toned, like he'd spent much of his time in physical training. The chest was separated from the abdomen at the bottom his ribcage, his right leg cut at about the middle of his shin, his left leg hanged by a few bits of skin to his knee, though the joint seemed thoroughly destroyed by something piercing it. The poor man's hands were also cruelly detached and crossed over each other in the center of the space, put on display, under them a simple wooden staff, the knuckles of the hands were bloodied and raw, an obvious sign of the struggle this being put up. Under the staff more incomprehensible scribblings.

"So these bodies have been found in three different places," Fen started, voice serious, business like, "the Mon Cal was found in a transfer corridor for cargo. The crates are provisions for a passenger ship, the 'Stellar Princess' the Mon Cal was identified as Leea Gaul, the navigator aboard the 'Princess'." Fen tuned back to his terminal pulling up more information to be displayed on the holo-projector

"The next two are currently unidentified, the Ithorian was found in an out of the way corridor off the market. The Seccers canvased the area and found he stopped by Veebin's General Goods asking if there was anywhere that sold books on datadisks. Odd thing to ask for on this station, the populous doesn't seem the book reading type."

"The last one was found deep in the station, it's not closed off but, there's nothing there but, abandoned living spaces, I'm not sure why this being was there. There was no one in the immediate area to interview, and knocking on the doors stirred up nothing."

The blue skinned being turned back to face Tanner, "That's all we have on the most recent killings, but, looking at the records we have, most of the bodies are found in out of the way places, places where no one will notice for a while and the wounds themselves are very particular." With a swipe of his hand he pulled close up of the Ithoian's severed leg, "The wound is cauterized all the way through, like whatever cut them up burned them as well." He leaned in closer lowering his voice, "Now, no one on this station is going to say it out loud but, I think a lightsaber did this." Fen was old, older than anyone knew, Feeorins live for a long time and Fen had seen a lot in his time, including the fall of the Jedi. "Now I don't know if it was someone trained in the Jedi arts or just some moof milker that happened across one, but no ordinary weapon could do this to a being."

He leaned back, "If you're still interested, you can start hunting, the Trìewahl Security Force has also made themselves available, if you'd like to talk to them but, they don't have much more information than me." He stood back up looking down at the Human slightly, a wry grin on his face, "Be careful Tanner, the TSF want this guy alive, and they want to confirm that the person you bring in is the real deal. You don't do that, you don't get paid but, I think if you can bring them the lightsaber, and proof of death, they might be willing to negotiate. Not sure if it will be for the full amount but, it's something to keep in mind if you have an…" Fen lowered his voice, in an almost joking manner, "accidental disintegration." Another chuckle left his mouth, as he returned to his seat. "Will you be needing anything else from me?"

TAG: Shekel_1383
    _____
    IC: Scar
    Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

"That's for the group, later on." The human woman said dropping yet more credits on the bar, Scar opened his eyes wide, this was the best day he'd had in a long time. "Those...rancor drinks?" She continued getting Lefty's attention "Can I get three bottles to take with me?"

"Sorry," The bartender replied, "We're running a bit low on Rancor Killer at the moment, have to get it from Denon." She pulled a single bottle from under the bar, "But, I can get you one bottle of it, and two of Tihaar, it's about the same strength."

Scar attempted to suggest that, while Tihaar had the same alcohol content as Rancor Killer, it tasted like paint thinner, but was interrupted by the lady buying the drinks, "Um, my friends want to know more about this Slasher." Scar's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "I think they're nuts."

"Damn right they are," Scar added

"But they want more info. Got anyplace where I can find out more detailed info?, Like where they found the bodies and stuff?"

Scar was quiet while Lefty put the bottle of Rancor Killer on the bar, the same concern played across her face, "Well, if your friends are crazy enough to go after that psycho, I'd start with the Bounty Hunting Office, there's been a bounty out for the 'Slasher' for years now, not that anyone's captured them yet, failing that there's always the Security Force station down the street and around the corner form here." Lefty poured Scar another drink, he nodded and took a sip. "They're good peacekeepers but, are a little out of their depth when it comes to investigations, mostly former spacers that couldn't find a job anywhere else, or mercenaries looking to do a bit of good." He bowed his head a little, "Sorry I can't be more help, I just hope you keep Thallass far away from that…" he shook his head "that monster."

"That goes double from me," Lefty said stepping into the conversation, "Bring that boy back in one piece," She set both hands on the bar top taking a bit of a breath worry still on her face, "Do you need anything else?" she asked

TAG: Ktala

GrimdarkRose and Shekel_1383 like this.
  6. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"You know Tanner," Fen started sitting as he replied, the chair creaking beneath him, "I think you like this job far too much."

"No such thing" Tanner quipped back. It was true, he did love his de-facto occupation. In a galaxy where not many guilds or groups would accept Tanner, he certainly did enjoy putting his skills to use. Pay aside, the sheer thrill and experience was worth.
    Fen tapped a few keys on his terminal and the built-in holoprojector came to life. On his left the contract for the person known as the 'Slasher'. The bounty is put up by the Trìewahl Security Force, offering 5,000 credits for their capture ALIVE, payment to be received after interrogation by the TSF, to confirm identity. Tanner was good at getting them back alive -or dead-, but they were never in one piece. Under the contract in bold red letters was a warning,

"CAUTION: Subject is armed and dangerous with 10 confirmed kills, use EXTREME caution when pursuing this target.".

"Pff, caution." Tanner scoffed. Caution was all well and good in the early staged - but when it came to the actual approach - the chase, caution just got in the way.

"But, I think this might be too much even for you." Fen said in reply, looking up from the holo-display.

"You said that about Krax Valen. Remember him? "The Reaver of Raxus" they called him. I brought him back - albeit missing half of his face and his leg." Tanner admitted.

Fen looked back down to his holo-display and pulled up images of what at first looked like a slaughterhouse, but under inspection became images to murders. Well, "massacres" would be a better way to describe it. "Murder" didn't do an apt job of getting across the butchery. The images showed the most recent killings. One was a Mon Calamari, female. From what was left of her clothing, it looked like she worked for a passenger liner. Her head was placed upon some crates, possibly cargo - as a sort of trophy. Her arms and legs were also cut off- cast about the area like trash. Peculiar cuts went from each shoulder, diagonally across the torso to the waist. Writing was burnt, not etched, into the wall behind her remains. If anything, it looked closest to Aurebesh, but even then, the "letters" were too thin. It was in a way similar, yet entirely different.

The second set of images showed an Ithonian Male- his hands cut at the wrists, write arm severed at the elbow, and the left arm detached at the shoulder. One leg was cut above the knee, whereas the other was oddly untouched - still attached to the mesh of flesh that was his torso. Again, the limbs that were taken off were strewn out across the meal deck, surrounding the carnage. Placed in the centre of the cataclysm was a heart, it's edges and arteries singed a little, presumably by the instrument that cut it out of the poor Hammerhead's chest, and cut him to pieces. The "writing" was there too, this time on the ground near the heart.

Finally, the third, and most recent victim was a human male, with skin the colour of amber and a bald head. What was left of his body seemed toned and muscular, as if he'd spent a lot of hours physically training. His chest was separated from the abdomen at the bottom his rib-cage, his right leg cut at about the middle of his shin, his left leg hanged by a few bits of skin to his knee, though the joint seemed thoroughly destroyed by something piercing it. The poor man's hands were also cruelly detached and crossed over each other in the centre of the space, put on display, under them a simple wooden staff, the knuckles of the hands were bloodied and raw, an obvious sign of the struggle this being put up. Under the staff more incomprehensible scribbling.

"So the bodies have been found in three different places," Fen replied, voice serious, business like, "the Mon Cal was found in a transfer corridor for cargo. The crates are provisions for a passenger ship, the 'Stellar Princess' the Mon Cal was identified as Leea Gaul, the navigator aboard the 'Princess'." Fen tuned back to his terminal pulling up more information to be displayed on the holo-projector.

"The next two are currently unidentified, the Ithorian was found in an out of the way corridor off the market. The Seccers canvased the area and found he stopped by Veebin's General Goods asking if there was anywhere that sold books on datadisks. Odd thing to ask for on this station, the populous doesn't seem the book reading type."

Tanner stood there, his arms crossed, with one hand stroking through his beard. Naturally, to be an effective bounty hunter, you had to be a good detective. He was looking for patterns and leads to go on, when he was suddenly hit with a dose of nostalgia. He recognised one of them - the Ithonian male. It took a bit of thinking, but Tanner remembered him as a Jedi Master from the Temple - Atlu Moto. He spent most of his time in the archives, studying an array of subjects. Other padawans saw him as stuffy, always making sure the younglings were doing their work when they were assigned to do research but, was always willing to help. Tanner initially disliked him, but as time went on he grew a bond with the master. He took on an almost Grandfather role, full of knowledge about nearly anything, filled with stories about the wide open universe they all inhabited. Tanner assumed he'd died in the Purge. Tanner now wished he'd died in the Purge - he would have been shot, a quick death. Not..... not this. Tanner was visibly saddened.

"I know the Ithonian.... from a job a while back". He lied about where he knew Atlu. He trusted Fen, but Tanner didn't want to give away information about his Jedi origins if he didn't have to. Although, from the evidence presented to Fen about the use of Tanner's lightsabre, he was sure if Fen wanted to turn Tanner in, he would have already done it. Jedi, pirate and handsome? The empire would pay a fortune.
    "He was a Jedi Master, lucky to escape the purge I guess" Tanner continued. "He was very book-ish, loved to study, loved to teach. You know the sort."

"The last one was found deep in the station, it's not closed off but, there's nothing there but, abandoned living spaces, I'm not sure why this being was there. There was no one in the immediate area to interview, and knocking on the doors stirred up nothing."

The blue skinned being turned back to face Tanner, "That's all we have on the most recent killings, but, looking at the records we have, most of the bodies are found in out of the way places, places where no one will notice for a while and the wounds themselves are very particular." With a swipe of his hand he pulled close up of the Ithoian's severed leg, "The wound is cauterized all the way through, like whatever cut them up burned them as well." He leaned in closer lowering his voice, "Now, no one on this station is going to say it out loud but, I think a lightsaber did this." Tanner knew fen had lived through the fall of the Jedi, so he almost definitely knew what a lightsabre could do "Now I don't know if it was someone trained in the Jedi arts or just some moof milker that happened across one, but no ordinary weapon could do this to a being."

"Certainly looks that way" Tanner said as he leaned in to the images for a better look. "Cauterisation, scorches, easy dismemberment, blast, even the "writing" is burnt too."

Fen leaned back, "If you're still interested, you can start hunting, the Trìewahl Security Force has also made themselves available, if you'd like to talk to them but, they don't have much more information than me." He stood back up looking down at the Human slightly, a wry grin on his face, "Be careful Tanner, the TSF want this guy alive, and they want to confirm that the person you bring in is the real deal. You don't do that, you don't get paid but, I think if you can bring them the lightsaber, and proof of death, they might be willing to negotiate. Not sure if it will be for the full amount but, it's something to keep in mind if you have an…" Fen lowered his voice, in an almost joking manner, "accidental disintegration." Another chuckle left his mouth, as he returned to his seat.

"Will you be needing anything else from me?"

"Just an analysis" Tanner was trying to put all the pieces together, his mind alive with links and possibilities. "Let's see" he put his hand through his beard as he talked. "We have three victims, each a different race and of both genders, so that rules out that they've been killed because of those. In each case, there is clear evidence of an attack with a lightsabre, or some other kyber-crystal technology. All three victims have been mutilated - each is missing all or most limbs. Importantly though, in each case, there is some sort of body part that's drawn attention to. If they were trophies, the Slasher would have taken them with them." If Tanner had enough space and a marker, he would draw all over the walls and floor, linking each piece together. "We have a head, a heart, and a pair of hands. The other limbs and parts were thrown around, maybe because they weren't important - maybe the Slasher was drawing attention to those peculiar things, meaning with each killing, there is a message he wanted to push. Knowing whatever language that is would be helpful to this though."

"Go on" Fen encouraged.

"The Slasher himself is no ordinary person. The Ithonian was a Jedi Master. Do you know how hard it is to sneak up on a Jedi, never mind do this to them? Just look at the Human. He's lean, he's muscular and he clearly thought back. The fact that the Slasher could kriff someone up after a fight sticks out." Tanner ran his hand through his hair and returned to his beard. "We have someone with a weapon typically attributed to a religious sect, killings clearly pushing some kind of message, and writing, either telling us some mantra or something about his message, or a sadistic clue to the next killing, meaning we have to act relatively fast - some poor kids have gone missing down by Vagrants." Tanner snapped his fingers in realisation.

"The Mon Calamari, she worked for a passenger liner, right? They can take cargo in their holds, those crates her head was on top on might contain a clue to why he attacked her - they might be cargo."

Tanner hopped his rant/analysis made at least some sense. At least he had places to go.

"Ok, I have leads to follow up. The 'Stellar Princess' and "Veebin's General Goods"" Tanner's eyes began to light up in excitement. "This was is going to be fun" he said, looking up to Fen.

"I'll bring him back, I promise" His words, echoing the promise he made to Diomeade, however different the situation was. "I have someone who's good with languages, I'll start with those" he said pointing towards the holo-images. He had a small, relatively old Holo-Pad they could be transferred to to show Vee. "Mind if I take those?"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Mini update to move things along and get the gang back together.

IC: Fen
    Bounty Hunting Office, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Just an analysis" Fen leaned back in his chair watching the younger man work though the problem. Fen had done this many times before, putting together the bits and pieces of information. Figuring out the kind of person you were hunting. "Let's see. We have three victims, each a different race and of both genders, so that rules out that they've been killed because of those. In each case, there is clear evidence of an attack with a lightsabre, or some other kyber-crystal technology." Fen smiled slightly nodding his head, he agreed with the analysis so far, though he was unsure of what other kind of weapon would use a kyber-crystal and not be a lightsaber of some sort. "All three victims have been mutilated - each is missing all or most limbs. Importantly though, in each case, there is some sort of body part that's drawn attention to. If they were trophies, the Slasher would have taken them with them."

The Freeorian interlaced his hands and rested them on his belly, he disliked dealing with people like this. People that kill for fun or for reasons known only known to themselves, it was always hard to figure out what drove them other than killing. The violence didn't bother him, do this job long enough and you get desensitized to the amount of brutality people were capable of. Though it seemed Tanner was on the right track, the being is a hunter, driven by a need to kill, if you figure out their preferred prey, their favored hunting grounds, you find them.

"We have a head, a heart, and a pair of hands. The other limbs and parts were thrown around, maybe because they weren't important - maybe the Slasher was drawing attention to those peculiar things, meaning with each killing, there is a message he wanted to push. Knowing whatever language that is would be helpful to this though." There was a slight pause,

"Go on," Fen said rolling his hand, trying to keep Tanner's mind working,

"The Slasher himself is no ordinary person. The Ithonian was a Jedi Master. Do you know how hard it is to sneak up on a Jedi, never mind do this to them?" The Feeorin nodded his head again, he'd hunted down a few force sensitives, hard to surprise them, best thing to do was negate their force powers. Isolate them, pin them in a small space, engage at range and with high stunning explosives. "Just look at the Human. He's lean, he's muscular and he clearly fought back. The fact that the Slasher could kriff someone up after a fight sticks out." Fen pursed his lips, Trìewahl was a hotbed for the kinds of people with the ability to 'Kriff' someone up, between the bounty hunters and mercenaries transferring to the Outer Rim and pirates that have taken to using the station as a base, there were all sorts of beings that were ready for a fight, though not many of them use a lightsaber.

"We have someone with a weapon typically attributed to a religious sect, killings clearly pushing some kind of message, and writing, either telling us some mantra or something about his message, or a sadistic clue to the next killing, meaning we have to act relatively fast - some poor kids have gone missing down by Vagrants." Fen bolted upright, Kids, Frelling kids were involved now. The old being may have gotten cynical and jaded in his age but, losing young ones still pricked him, made him feel uncomfortable.

Tanner snapped his fingers, "The Mon Calamari, she worked for a passenger liner, right?" Another nod from Fen, "They can take cargo in their holds, those crates her head was on top on might contain a clue to why he attacked her - they might be cargo." An eyebrow went up on the blue skinned being's face. "Ok, I have leads to follow up. The 'Stellar Princess' and "Veebin's General Goods"" the excitement in the younger man's eyes gave Fen a little hope, Tanner was fired up, determined to find his target, sometimes when the hunt runs long, your determination to find you target is all that keeps you going. "I'll bring him back, I promise" Fen smirked, just a little, making a promise to bring a bounty back, a bold move "I have someone who's good with languages, I'll start with those" It was always good to have help, even if it did cut into your profit margins, sometimes the assistance paid for itself in time saved. "Mind if I take those?"

"Go ahead, if it'll help find those kids before anything happens. Just be careful who you show those too, might be too much for beings with weak constitutions." A few more taps on his terminal and he sent the pictures to Tanner's datapad. "Good hunting Tanner."

TAG: Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 likes this.
  8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

Vee had to smile just a bit, when she dropped more credits on the bar, and Scar's eyes went wide.
    "Those...rancor drinks?" She continued getting Lefty's attention "Can I get three bottles to take with me?"
    "Sorry," The bartender replied, "We're running a bit low on Rancor Killer at the moment, have to get it from
    Denon." She pulled a single bottle from under the bar, "But, I can get you one bottle of it, and two of Tihaar,
    it's about the same strength."

Well, since Vee didnt really mind, she simply nodded. She had a thought that Scar might have
    more to day, so instead, she asked him about the information that Ari was asking about. "Um,
    my friends want to know more about this Slasher." Vee stated. Scar's eyes nearly popped out
    of his head. That was never a good indication of things. "I think they're nuts." She added.

"Damn right they are," Scar added

"But they want more info. Got anyplace where I can find out more detailed info?, Like where
    they found the bodies and stuff?"

Scar was quiet while Lefty put the bottle of Rancor Killer on the bar, the same concern
    played across her face, "Well, if your friends are crazy enough to go after that psycho, I'd
    start with the Bounty Hunting Office, there's been a bounty out for the 'Slasher' for years
    now, not that anyone's captured them yet, failing that there's always the Security Force
    station down the street and around the corner form here." Vee nodded slowly, as Lefty poured
    Scar another drink, he nodded and took a sip. "They're good peacekeepers but, are a little
    out of their depth when it comes to investigations, mostly former spacers that couldn't find
    a job anywhere else, or mercenaries looking to do a bit of good." He bowed his head a
    little, "Sorry I can't be more help, I just hope you keep Thallass far away from that…" he
    shook his head "that monster."

"That goes double from me," Lefty said stepping into the conversation, "Bring that boy back
    in one piece," She set both hands on the bar top taking a bit of a breath worry still on her
    face, "Do you need anything else?" she asked Vee. Vee saw the bottles on the table.
    "Nah..Im good. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and they want info for something else." Vee nodded.

"But yeah, definitely not a thing for our good Captain to get caught up in. " Vee paid for
    the three bottles. "Guess I better get back there, and find out whats going on." Vee gave a
    nod to Lefty, and then looked back at Scar. "Was a pleasure to meet y'all. I'll remember
    what you said, if we get a need for ya help." With a brilliant smile, Vee nodded to Scar,
    and then turned, scooped up the three bottles, while putting them away in a pouch. She
    looked over at Lefty for a moment, and then gave the woman a solid nod, before walking out.

As soon as she was out of the bar, Vee used her comlink to reply to Ari's question. She
    spoke softly, since Ari had used such a strange droid voice to call her.

["Talked to Scar. It was a bust. Suggested either the Bounty Hunting Office or The Stations
    Security Force. They got a station down the street. But something seems off about those
    attacks."] She paused a moment before continuing. ["Where are you guys? Or do you need me to
    check on anything else?"] she asked Ari.

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

9. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Go ahead, if it'll help find those kids before anything happens. Just be careful who you show those too, might be too much for beings with weak constitutions."

"I'm sure they can handle it. Well at least most of them." Tanner replied. With a few more taps to his terminal, Fen sent over the images of the victims to Tanner's datapad.
    "Good hunting Tanner."

Tanner winked and began walking out of the office. "And good sitting around doing nothing to you!" he said jovially. "Catch you later Fen" Tanner finished, waving his hand over his shoulder as he went through the door. He broke into a light jog again to catch up with the rest of the crew. Making his way down one of the grimy alleys he had come down to get to the Bounty Hunting Office, Tanner activated his com-link, to the open channel the crew used.

["Just been to the Bounty Hunting Office - I've got a whole bunch of information and leads we can follow"]. Tanner continued as he jogged back to everyone. ["I've got images of crime scenes too- Vee is going to be helpful with those, there's some language that could be a clue if we translate it"]. He realised how insane he could come across over the com-link. ["Listen, I'll explain it all once we get back"].

After a few minutes jogging, Tanner re-connived with the rest of the group, though this time with information. He turned the last corner, and as he got closer, he saw something he didn't like.

The Cathar from the bar was standing there with the group. Tanner assumed he'd come to find him, to "take it outside". This time he'd be more cautious.

And was that Ioko? The sleepy Tw'ilek from the ship. It seemed that something managed to rouse him.

Tanner approached the group, now at walking pace. It seemed that Thallass was introducing himself and the crew to the poor woman who lost her children.

"Once you're done talking" Tanner shouted over to the group, "Come in here, I have information to show you all" He jutted his thumb towards Vagrants.

"Might as well make myself useful" Tanner thought as he re-entered Vagrants. He went over to the closest empty table, taking any glasses or silverware off, placing them on the floor. He put his data-pad in the centre, turning it on. A mellow blow projection appeared, it was empty at the moment, he didn't want the entire bar seeing the images of the victims for longer than they should. Once the crew entered, he'd brief them on all the information he knew. For now though, Tanner sat with his feet up on the table, pondering, trying to put more pieces of the puzzle together.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose Ktala AbsolX Darth Ukendt HunterPrime (anyone)

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  10. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Outside of Vagrants

Rasi carefully walked over to the group of beings, that he had seen earlier at the bar. He
    waited till the loud one had left, before he walked up. He thought he was being quite civil
    indeed, when he spoke. "I hearrrr you might be hirrring?" "AHHhh," the young Duros shouted,
    shocking the Bothan as well. Rasi's ears shot downward. This young one was jumpy. He was not
    threating. Why they jump? He gave a small sigh. "Isss therrre a prrroblem?" Rasi asked as he
    the poor woman stared to back away. "It's nothing, I'll…" the young woman began to turn
    away. Thallass clenches his fist, taking a long step towards her, crossing the barrier he'd
    put between them. Reaching out a hand he gently wrapped in around her shoulder. The Bothan's
    head snapped around tears forming in the pit of her eyes. Rasi watched it all with curosity.
    "Please miss, let us help." He said looking into her green eyes, he was taller than her
    having to bend his head down. "My crew and I are good at finding things." "And don't worry
    about paying us, we should be able to handle this no problem." Rasi was listening closely.
    Finding things? So something was missing. The Bothan appeared to be been crying. So it was
    important to her. Her features soften just a little, and she moved a little closer to the
    group. Thallass let out a deep sigh of relief, turning to the rest of the crew. Rasi looked
    at the 'Captain' as he looked towards Rasi. "Yes sir, I am Cap…" he paused for a bit, then
    continued. "Captain Thallass Falkirk, and if you're willing to help us, I won't turn you
    down." He straightened his shoulders, and Rasi thought, 'perhaps there is something to
    this.' He turned back to the Bothan, trying to smile a little, "Miss I'm sorry, I haven't
    asked your name." "It's Tereez," She replied looking to the deck.

"Uh…" "Well I'm Thallass…but, I guess you already know that…and uh…this is my crew…well
    part of it, I'm ah…a Captain." "Uh…hey," he called out to the being, "I don't remember your
    name," He waved the sleepy figure over, "We could use all the help we can get over here,"
    Rasi looked up. Some small looking Twi'lek seemed to be the being Thallass was speaking to.
    Suddenly Thallass's comlink chirped, startling him a bit, "His name is Ioko Ppudet." Rasi
    ears twitched. The voice on the comlink sounded intresting. The female Bothan Tereez's face
    wore an expression of worry but, she didn't back away. Her eyes looked towards the Captain.
    "Yesss." Rasi interrupted, this time speaking a bit more softly. "I will help." He was about
    to ask what it was they were looking for, since he had missed out on that part of the
    conversation, when he noticed that the loud mouth was heading back towards the group.
    The man noticed Rasi standing there, and slowed down.

"Once you're done talking" Tanner shouted over to the group, "Come in here, I have
    information to show you all" He jutted his thumb towards Vagrants. Rasi didnt move, but
    waited to see what the others would do. This loud being, sure was bossy, for not being the
    Captain. He was always shouting over others. The loud man went back inside Vagrants. Rasi
    looked towards the Captain and the others there with them. He leaned towards the woman he
    had seen in the bar earlier. She seemed level headed enough. Softly, he asked her, "What
    arrrre we looking forrrr? Timmme is immmporrrtant, yesss?"

TAG: GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422, Darth Ukendt

11. Darth Ukendt

Apr 24, 2015
    "Hello," Ioko said to the rest of the folks gathered there, there were some new ones, but still all of the same that were there before he fell asleep, he noticed that the Falkirk had had trouble with his name, that was fine, it wasn't uncommon enough for it to bother him, but not common enough to go unnoticed. Ioko stretched his legs in an attempt to make sure they were awake, he'd just ran a bit, but he'd forgotten to wake up his legs beforehand, and so he stretched them now. He didn't really have much else to do, so he followed the Tanner towards the building which he had indicated.

TAG: @Darth Ukendt @HunterPrime @Shekel_1383 @Darth Ukendt

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

Vee was just about to exit the bar, waiting for Ari to respond to her, when she nearly ran into Tanner, who from some reason was coming back into Vagrants. Vee's eyebrows went high, as he walked over to the nearest empty table. He looked as if he was setting something up on the table, as she saw what looked like some sort of projection being set up. She looked over at the bar a moment. Shrugging her shoulders, Vee went over towards the table Tanner was sitting at.

"Hey Tanner." Vee began, looking at the blank projection that was showing. "If you're going to do a little show and tell, might be better to ask and see if they got a separate room?" she suggested. She had no idea of what he had found, but if it had anything to do with what Ari had just asked her, it was probably something that everyone at the bar didnt really need to see. She looked to the door, and then back at Tanner. "What's going on?" she asked, obviously missing a few things, while she had been talking to the 'old guard.'

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose AbsolX Darth Ukendt HunterPrime

13. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Tanner was buried in his own mind, deep in thought when Ioko, shortly followed by Vee, eyebrows high, entered the bar.

"Hey Tanner." Vee began, as she stared up into the blank blue projection. "If you're going to do a little show and tell, might be better to ask and see if they got a separate room?"

"That's a good idea." Tanner admitted with a sigh, his train of thought already lost, as he began to stand up "Lets go"

"What's going on?" Vee questioned, before they set off for the back room.

"I have information, leads, and a theory on The Slasher I need to show you all. The quicker we get this briefing done, the sooner we can get out there and find 'em" Tanner grabbed his data-pad from the table, and fiddled with it as they walked into the same room where Thallass and Lefty had had their talk. Tanner found a dirty, alcohol stained table and pulled it into roughly the centre of the room, placing his data-pad once again in the centre, another blank projection filling the room.

"Where are the others?" Tanner thought, as he leant on the table, his fingers tapping a tune as he delved back into his mental theories and potential leads.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Ktala Darth Ukendt (and everyone else)

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

"Hey Tanner." Vee began, as she stared up into the blank blue projection. "If you're going to do a little show and tell, might be better to ask and see if they got a separate room?" "That's a good idea." Tanner admitted with a sigh, as he began to stand up "Lets go.'" Vee followed Tanner, curious as to what was going on.

"What's going on?" Vee questioned, before they set off for the back room. "I have information, leads, and a theory on The Slasher I need to show you all. The quicker we get this briefing done, the sooner we can get out there and find 'em."

Vee blinked. 'Find 'em?' Find who them? Oh well, she would find out in this briefing, she guessed. She watched Tanner set up his equipment once more. She waved at Ioko. "Sleep well?" she asked him with a slight smile, as they waited for...

Well, she had no idea what they were waiting for, but it would most likely show itself soon. She pulled out her datapad, in case there was anything she needed to record.

TAG: @Shekel_1383, @galactic-vagabond422, @GrimdarkRose, @AbsolX, @Darth Ukendt, @HunterPrime

15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trìewahl Docking Station

"Just been to the Bounty Hunting Office –" Tanner's voice crackled though the commlink still in his hand. "I've got a whole bunch of information and leads we can follow" Tereez took a step back breathing a little quicker. "I've got images of crime scenes too- Vee is going to be helpful with those, there's some language that could be a clue if we translate it" The Bothan recoiled a little hearing these words. "Listen, I'll explain it all once we get back"

"Crime scenes?" her voice quivered with fear. She took a step forward eyes wide. "Have they, has someone…" her voice trailed off.

Thallass looked around to his crew seeing if any of them had any idea of how to handle this situation. With none forthcoming Tanner appeared again. "Once you're done talking," He shouted, causing both Thallass and Tereez to jump. "Come in here," he gestured back to Vagrants, "I have information to show you all"

"Has he found…Already?" The young Duros could tell her thoughts were all confused a jumbled mess of fear and dread.

"Ah, no…um," Thallass started trying to calm her down, he took a step closer reaching out a hand. "They've only been missing for what a few minutes." Tereez nods her head. "So it couldn't be them." His heart started to pound, he had no idea if he was right, he just hoped for her sake he was. With his free hand he pulled his commlink to his mouth, "Rei," he spoke

"Yes Thallass," she replied,

"Can you pull up the sensor feeds around the market from about an hour back?"

"I can do that yes, but, am I looking for something?"

"Uh…" he gave a look to Tereez her eyes still wide and slightly red from crying, "two little boys, about," he took a moment to think working out the Bothan's height in comparison to his own, then remembering her gesture when he first approached her, "105 centimeters, one's a Bothan, the other's a Human."

"Any distinguishing features?" Tereez looked up and Thallass held out the commlink,

"This is my friend, Rei, she's really good with computers." The young man felt a little guilty for lying but, it was a small one, and one that protected his ship.

The teenaged looking Bothan wrapped her furry hands around Thallass's gangly bony blue hand. "Vi'lan is a human," she started holding the commlink close to her mouth, "with redish hair, brown eyes, light skin and…and, freckles across the bridge of his nose. Corro is a Bothan black fur with brown patches under his eyes… his eyes are green, they're both around eight years old." Thallass started to pull his commlink back but, Tereez held on for a little bit longer, her greenish yellow eyes looking up at the Duros.

"It'll be ok, we'll find them." He tried to smile and give a reassuring nod he wasn't sure he was pulling it off. She eventually let go. Thallass's heart was beating in his ears he didn't know if he should be making these promises, he just didn't want to leave her with no hope.

Tears started to well up in her eyes. "I should have kept a closer eye, they were my responsibility."

Thallass looked away, the pain in her face mirrored the pain he felt as his grandfather laid on Rei's deck, dying. He couldn't handle feeling that way again, nor could he let someone else feel that pain. "Hey, it's ok, we'll get them back." Her face brightens just a little, "come on, let's see what my crewman dug up." The young man did his best to smile and guide Tereez back to Vagrants. Inside the 'Old Guard' noticed him as did 'Lefty', or Key he guessed he should call her now.

The bartender gave a little bit of a smile and pointed towards the back room. "If you're looking for Tanner, he's back there, Vee's with him too."

Looking around Thallass also noticed Ioko looking around. Once he got to the doorway, with Tereez, he called out, "Ioko, over here." His message sent he stepped inside. Tanner was at a table with a few chairs pulled around a small holoprojector casting a pale blue light around the scene. There was nothing showing on it, not yet at least. Tereez pulled back a little, slightly intimidated by the man in Mandalorian armor. "It's ok he's part of my crew." The 'Captain' said guiding the distraught girl into a chair.

"Thallass," The Duros' commlink chirped again, Rei's slightly computerized voice spilling out of it. "I have finished analyzing the sensor footage, I believe I have found the two children, or at least where they were."

"Can you send that to my datapad?" Thallass replied

"Already sent," He pulled the tablet from a pocket on his pants and tapped the file waiting to be opened. As the video played he set it down in front of Tereez.

"That's them, that's Corro and Vi'lan." The two kids seemed to be playing again, there was no audio but, it was apparent, even in the grainy video, that they were laughing. The Bothan's anxiety grew as the moment came. On the holo she was talking with a vendor as her two charges drifted away, still smiling. Then Corro, the Bothan, perked his head up and moved towards the edge of the market. Vi'lan followed a little nervous, like he was unsure about what his friend…or were they brothers. Either way they both wandered deeper into the station, to a darkened section of abandoned storefronts and living spaces. Corro kept turning his head like he was hearing something, Vi'lan didn't seem to be reacting, other than getting increasingly nervous as the pair traveled deeper. It was getting harder to see what was happening as the lights became dimmer and dimmer. The two boys rounded a corner, disappearing from sight. The recoding ended. "Is that it, where are my brothers?" Tereez's voice cracked with worry.

"Rei is that all you have?" Thallass asked voice carrying the same stress as Tereez.

"Passed that point there are no more working sensors, this is all I could find."

Tereez stood quickly knocking the chair back, "I…I need to go, I…I think I know where that is, they might still be there."

"Hold on, Tereez." Thallass said putting a hand on her shoulder, let's see what Tanner has found it might give us a better clue as to where they are."

"But, the longer we wait, they could, they could be hurt, I can't lose them." Tears started to fall, wetting the fur around her greenish eyes. "I…I just can't lose them too." Without knowing what to do Thallass stood frozen hands on her shoulders. He could feel tears sting his eyes, the emotion rolled off her, drawing him back to the scene in the common room, where his grandfather nearly died.

"Tanner," he said fighting back the sadness welling up in his throat, "Tell me you have something that can help us."

TAG: GrimdarkRose AbsolX HunterPrime Darth Ukendt Ktala Shekel_1383

OOC: Anyone who was with Tereez and Thallass are welcomed to follow them.

16. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Trìewahl Docking Station

The woman did not respond to Rasi. So, Rasi stood by quietly as the loudmouth man's voice came over the Captain's comlink. So, he was bounty hunter. He was talking about leads and information and ... crime scene photo? the female Bothan recoiled a little hearing these words. "Crime scenes?" her voice quivered with fear. She took a step forward eyes wide. "Have they, has someone…" her voice trailed off. The Captain spoke quickly, to eleviate her fears. "Ah, no…um," Thallass started trying to calm her down, he took a step closer reaching out a hand. "They've only been missing for what a few minutes." Tereez nods her head. "So it couldn't be them." The Captain then held up his comm, and called to another person, asking about sensor feeds. That was a good idea, thought Rasi. After listening closely, Rasi now understood that they were looking for two kids. One human, one bothan. And now he had names, Vi'lan and Corro. And from what it sounded like, they just went missing, not too long ago. And a good description to boot. The Captain tried to make female Bothan feel better "It'll be ok, we'll find them." He smiled and give a reassuring nod, as he lead everyone back into the bar. Rasi followed, staying silent as he eyed a Twi'lek he had joined them as well. He gave the man a nod.

The bartender gave a little bit of a smile and pointed towards the back room. "If you're looking for Tanner, he's back there, Vee's with him too." Tanner was at a table with a few chairs pulled around a small holoprojector casting a pale blue light around the scene. There was nothing showing on it, not yet at least. The Bothan female seemed disturbed by the man in Mandalorian armor. "It's ok he's part of my crew." The 'Captain' said guiding the distraught girl into a chair. The others sat, but Rasi stood, watching close by. A female computer voice chirped on the Captains' comlink. "I have finished analyzing the sensor footage, I believe I have found the two children, or at least where they were." "Can you send that to my datapad?" Thallass asked. "Already sent," was the reply. He pulled the tablet from a pocket on his pants and tapped the file waiting to be opened. As the video played he set it down in front of Tereez. "That's them, that's Corro and Vi'lan." the woman stated as they watched. The two kids seemed to be playing again, no audio. The Bothan's anxiety grew as the moment came. On the holo she was talking with a vendor as her two charges drifted away, still smiling. Then Corro, the Bothan, perked his head up and moved towards the edge of the market. Vi'lan followed a little nervous, like he was unsure about what his friend…or were they brothers. Either way they both wandered deeper into the station, to a darkened section of abandoned storefronts and living spaces. Corro kept turning his head like he was hearing something, Vi'lan didn't seem to be reacting, other than getting increasingly nervous as the pair traveled deeper. It was getting harder to see what was happening as the lights became dimmer and dimmer. The two boys rounded a corner, disappearing from sight. The recoding ended. "Is that it, where are my brothers?" Tereez's voice cracked with worry.

Tereez stood quickly knocking the chair back, "I…I need to go, I…I think I know where that is, they might still be there." "Hold on, Tereez." Thallass said putting a hand on her shoulder, let's see what Tanner has found it might give us a better clue as to where they are." "But, the longer we wait, they could, they could be hurt, I can't lose them." Tears started to fall, wetting the fur around her greenish eyes. "I…I just can't lose them too." Rasi's ears twitched. So she had lost someone else as well. That would explain her worry. "Tanner," the Captain said, "Tell me you have something that can help us.Rasi spoke to Thallass softly then, "Captainnn, I could starrrrt now." he stated plainly. He looked at the Bothan female. "Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry?" He asked her. He tilted his head, pointing to his nose. "Immmmm good trrrackerr. Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss. Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres." Rasi guessed if they were crime scene photos, they would most likely be rather gruesome. Something the woman deffinately did NOT need to see right now. Especially if they had no proof it was connected to someone else.

TAG: GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422, Darth Ukendt , Shekel_1383, Ktala

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

Things just seemed to get stranger and stranger. Vee had heard a bit of Tanner's earlier comments when she heard Tanner talk to the others thru his comlink.

"Just been to the Bounty Hunting Office – I've got a whole bunch of information and leads we can follow."He paused. "I've got images of crime scenes too- Vee is going to be helpful with those, there's some language that could be a clue if we translate it. - Listen, I'll explain it all once we get back."

Crime scenes? Vee didt like the sound of that at all. So when when Tanner had come back into the bar, she was quick to suggest a room, so that others didnt see what she figured would be not so pretty pictures. She didnt say much, but just sat down, datapad in hand.

Tanner was at a the table with a few chairs pulled around a small holoprojector casting a pale blue light around the scene. Thallass came in with a female Bothan, and a tall catlike alien Vee remembered seeing at the bar earlier.

"Thallass," The Duros' commlink chirped again, Rei's slightly computerized voice spilling out of it. "I have finished
    analyzing the sensor footage, I believe I have found the two children, or at least where they were."

Children? What Children? Is that why the Bothan was here? Vee was feeling very confused. Vee noticed the cat creature didnt sit down, but instead watched from a standing position. Vee tried to concentrate on the video, who showed the two kids she remembered seeing earlier, playing, and then disappearing off into the darkness of some side street. The Bothan's reaction was immediate, as Vee watched the drama unfold. Tereez stood quickly knocking the chair back, "I…I need to go, I…I think I know where that is, they might still be there."

"Hold on, Tereez." Thallass said putting a hand on her shoulder, "let's see what Tanner has found it might give us a better clue as to where they are."

Tereez? Oh, the womans name. She started to cry, talking about not wanting to lose them. So now they were looking for some kinds? As Thallass spoke to Tanner about more clues, the cat creature spoke up.

"Captainnn, I could starrrrt now." he stated plainly. He looked at the Bothan female. "Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry?" He asked her. He tilted his head, pointing to his nose. "Immmmm good trrrackerr. Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss. Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres." Vee looked over. He was part of the crew now? He was addressing Thallass as Captain. When did THAT happen? But the big guy did have a point. Yeah, showing gruesome pics to a lady nervous with 2 missing kids probably not the best of ideas. Then again, Vee was pretty sure she didnt want to see them either. Vee was REALLY hoping that was NOT what Tanner had in mind. While Vee might not be totally squeamish, she specialty was TEXTS and writings. She just hoped it was something splattered on the walls, and not too grizzly. Eww.

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

18. Darth Ukendt

Apr 24, 2015
    Ioko had followed the Tanner, the Vee had asked him how he slept, "Like a man in his grave," he responded, returning a smile, before quieting down to listen to the commotion going on, something about a Slasher, children, and a crime scene, he didn't really understand what was going on, so he continued listening, patience tended to lead to knowledge. He then realized the grimness of his previous analogy, "Uh, sorry if that was a bit...well, dark, it's a lot more common a phrase where I'm from," he wondered if this place sold food, he was a bit hungry.

TAG: Ktala galactic-vagabond422 Shekel_1383 Darth Ukendt

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

Ioko spoke to Vee, when she asked him how he had slept. His response had been colorful, if nothing else. Ioko had replied, "Like a man in his grave," he responded, returning a smile. Vee raised an eyebrown, but she returned the smile. In a way it was not too far off from the some of the other local varients she had heard before. But after Ioko heard what they might be dealing with he turned and looked back towards her. "Uh, sorry if that was a bit...well, dark, it's a lot more common a phrase where I'm from."

Vee chuckled softly. "Ehh. I've heard worse." She looked over to where Tanner sat at the table. "I'm just hoping that these kids are simply stuck someplace."

Vee sighed softly.

"Wonder if they got a good vidstore in this place?" she commented to no one in particular.

TAG: @Shekel_1383, @galactic-vagabond422, @GrimdarkRose, @AbsolX, @Darth Ukendt, @HunterPrime

20. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Trìewahl docking station

Tanner snapped his fingers. "Okay, idea. You collect information about the Slasher and the kids from the lady - ask her about places in a mile-ish vicinity that are secluded or known to be shady. Ask her other stuff about the Slasher too, if there are any patterns to his killings: locations, types of people he kills - stuff like that" Tanner began walking backwards, not turning away from Maya. "I'm off to the Bounty Hunting Office, they'll have more information - and we're getting payed for this damn it." Maya bit her lip to prevent herself from calling him all the worst names she knew - Thallass's uncertainty and the Bothan woman's sudden doubts combining painfully with her own growing worry. She fiddled with a loose strap on her jacket and took several deep breaths, closing her eyes, anchoring herself. Karkin' telepathy was a pain sometimes. Maya focused on not drawing attention to herself, not wanting to distract Thallass and Ari from their task.

Clearly, time was playing games with her again, as what she could swear was only seconds later, when Maya risked opening her eyes, it was clear she'd missed a little.

"Captain Thallass Falkirk, and if you're willing to help us, I won't turn you down." He straightened his shoulders, and tried to smile a little. All his nerves had become more background noise at this point, so when they lowered fractionally Maya started a little, and released a breath she was unaware she'd been holding. "Miss I'm sorry, I haven't asked your name."

"It's Tereez," She replied looking to the deck.

"Uh…" The young Duros' nervous energy made a comeback. Maya shuffled her feet slightly and offered up another smile to Tereez and Thallass. "Well I'm Thallass…but, I guess you already know that…and uh…this is my crew…" Maya waved, "well part of it, I'm ah…a Captain." He seemed to stumble over every word he spoke as he gestured to the rather motley assemblage of beings behind him. He noticed the groggy being approaching them a few moments before Maya did.

"Uh…hey," he called out to the being, "I don't remember your name," He waved the sleepy figure over, "We could use all the help we can get over here,"

"His name is Ioko Ppudet," Rei's voice advised from Thallass' comlink.

"Ioko! You've missed a bit!" Maya grinned. "Don't worry, it was mostly dull: information, spare parts, that kinda thing, and then-" she looked at Tereez, then Thallass, and decided to shut up.

"Just been to the Bounty Hunting Office –" Tanner's voice crackled though the commlink Thallass was still clutching, "I've got a whole bunch of information and leads we can follow" Tereez took a step back breathing a little quicker. "I've got images of crime scenes too- Vee is going to be helpful with those, there's some language that could be a clue if we translate it. Listen, I'll explain it all once we get back"

"Crime scenes?" her voice quivered with fear. She took a step forward eyes wide. "Have they, has someone…" her voice trailed off. Maya fought back fresh waves of anguish and tried to look suitably focused.

Fortunately, Tanner came to her rescue; "Once you're done talking," He shouted, causing both Thallass and Tereez to jump. "Come in here," he gestured back to Vagrants, "I have information to show you all"

Maya hung back a little, covering her face with her hands and taking a few slow breaths. It was only a few people, not enough to excusably fall apart so quickly. Even if this was the third emotional breakdown she had witnessed in the past twelve hours. But hey, it's not like I'm the only one in pain here. Terez needs us.

She wiped her eyes, squared her shoulders and re-entered the bar.

Terez was the first one she spotted crowded around a hologram: "Is that it, where are my brothers?" Her voice was still cracked with worry. Maya bit her lower lip and approached the table, offering an awkward, slightly forced smile and a wave to Doc-Vee and Tanner.

"Rei is that all you have?" Thallass asked voice carrying the same stress as Tereez.

"Past that point there are no more working sensors, this is all I could find."

Tereez stood quickly knocking the chair back, "I…I need to go, I…I think I know where that is, they might still be there."

"Hold on, Tereez." Thallass said putting a hand on her shoulder, "let's see what Tanner has found it might give us a better clue as to where they are."

"But, the longer we wait, they could, they could be hurt, I can't lose them." Tears started to fall, wetting the fur around her greenish eyes. "I…I just can't lose them too." Fighting growing exhaustion, Maya projected a sense of calm and comfort to them she definitely didn't feel herself.

"Tanner," Thallass said fighting back the sadness welling up in his throat, "Tell me you have something that can help us."

Before Tanned could start, a large being that might have been with them outside spoke up; , "Captainnn, I could starrrrt now. Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry? Immmmm good trrrackerr. Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss. Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres." Maya nodded in agreement, still not quite having recovered the powers of speech, but managed a more genuine smile at Doc-Vee's clear surprise.

Yeah, she wasn't the most messed-up of this bunch, and she had work to do. She hummed a little then, finding her vocal chords in full working order, coughed slightly for attention. "Hey, Rei! Any droids passing by where those kids went? Cleaning, worker, messenger, that kinda thing. Unremarkable and unnoticeable. Ten creds say if I can track those down they'll have data from their sensors I can get at and show us exactly what happened there."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, @Darth-Ukendt, HunterPrime, AbsolX, Shekel_1383

21. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Slowly, everyone trickled in. Well, everyone but Ari, but Tanner was sure she would turn up at some point. Tanner was sat at the shoddy looking table along with Vee, the projection still casting a blank tint over the room, when Thallass, accompanied by the Bothan from earlier. She was clearly distressed, and Thallass wasn't looking too good either. Tanner was about to ask him what was wrong - when the Cathar from the bar earlier waltzed in with them.

"Thallass, you haven't hired him have you?" Tanner already knew the answer. Having some pseudo tough-guy around would complicate things.

The Bothan looked almost intimidated by Tanner as Thallass guided her to a seat. "Thallass," The Duros' commlink chirped again, Rei's slightly computerized voice spilling out of it. "I have finished analyzing the sensor footage, I believe I have found the two children, or at least where they were."

"Can you send that to my datapad?" Thallass replied

"Already sent," He pulled the tablet from a pocket on his pants and tapped the file waiting to be opened. As the video played he set it down in front of the Bothan woman. "That's them, that's Corro and Vi'lan." The two kids seemed to be playing again, there was no audio but, it was apparent, even in the grainy video, that they were laughing. The Bothan's anxiety grew as the moment came. On the holo she was talking with a vendor as her two charges drifted away, still smiling. Then Corro, the Bothan, perked his head up and moved towards the edge of the market. Vi'lan followed a little nervous, like he was unsure about what his friend…or were they brothers. Either way they both wandered deeper into the station, to a darkened section of abandoned storefronts and living spaces. Corro kept turning his head like he was hearing something, Vi'lan didn't seem to be reacting, other than getting increasingly nervous as the pair traveled deeper. It was getting harder to see what was happening as the lights became dimmer and dimmer. The two boys rounded a corner, disappearing from sight. The recoding ended. "Is that it, where are my brothers?" The Bothan woman's voice cracked with worry.

"Rei is that all you have?" Thallass asked voice carrying the same stress as the Bothan's

"Passed that point there are no more working sensors, this is all I could find."

The Bothan stood quickly knocking the chair back, "I…I need to go, I…I think I know where that is, they might still be there."

"Hold on, Tereez." That must have been the Bothan's name. Thallass said putting a hand on her shoulder, let's see what Tanner has found it might give us a better clue as to where they are."

"But, the longer we wait, they could, they could be hurt, I can't lose them." Tears started to fall, wetting the fur around her greenish eyes. "I…I just can't lose them too." Without knowing what to do Thallass stood frozen hands on her shoulders. He could feel tears sting his eyes, the emotion rolled off her, drawing him back to the scene in the common room, where his grandfather nearly died.

"Tanner," he said fighting back the sadness welling up in his throat, "Tell me you have something that can help us."

Just as Tanner was about to begin the briefing, the Cathar spoke up.

Captainnn, I could starrrrt now." he stated plainly. He looked at Tereez. "Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry?" He asked her. He tilted his head, pointing to his nose. "Immmmm good trrrackerr. Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss. Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres."

Tanner looked the overgrown house-cat dead in the eyes, annoyance burning through them. "There's no point splitting up just yet." Tanner said through an aggravated sigh. "I want everyone to know what we have first. Speaking of which...."

Tanner leaped up with a renewed energy. "Listen up ladies, we have work to do. I managed to get us some leads to follow, along with some images from crime scenes. So, if you don't have a particularly strong stomach-" Tanner looked at Tereez. "I suggest you look away now."

And with that, Tanner tapped a few keys on his holo projector, and up sprung the first image into the air. Like a general addressing his troops, Tanner went over each image in detail, pointing out the peculiar features of each - the placement of body parts, the language, the identities of the victims (although he kept Master Altu Moto's identity a secret.). After each image was thoroughly analysed, Tanner went over the theories he had told Fen earlier.

"And finally," Tanner began his conclusion. "All of these wounds - they're all cauterised. The language seems to be burned into the walls and floors" Tanner looked deadly serious. "I think we're dealing with a lightsabre here." His mind briefly flashed back to the Jedi Temple where he had spent his youth. He knew what such a weapon in the wrong hands could do to someone.

Tanner switched off the holo-projector and placed it back in his pocket. "We have leads to follow. Vee, I'll need you to analyse the writing, try and figure out what it says, or at least what language it is. But we all need to pay a visit to the "Princess" and see what we can find out there, along with Veebin's General Goods."

Tanner looked visibly pleased with his information collecting as he turned to the Cathar. "And you, my oversized fur-ball friend, can run along to that alleyway if you wish"

"Any questions?" Tanner returned to the rest of the group.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 AbsolX Ktala GrimdarkRose HunterPrime Darth Ukendt (anyone)

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants

After a bit of waiting, everyone but Ari showed up. Maya didnt look too happy either, and she made it a reminder to ask the young woman what was wrong. As they all sat around the table, Tanner suddenly pipped up. "Thallass, you haven't hired him have
    you?" He was talking about the cat man.

Vee looked over at Tanner, frowning. Something must have gone on between the two, but WOW.. that was rude. The cat being seemed to ignore him however, and simply spoke to Thallass. "Captainnn, I could starrrrt now." he stated plainly. He looked at Tereez. "Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry?" He asked her. He tilted his head, pointing to his nose. "Immmmm good trrrackerr. Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss. Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres." Considering how Vee felt about these pics, it soudned like a good idea to her. But Tanner had other ideas. He looked at the large cat. "There's no point splitting up just yet." Tanner said through an
    aggravated sigh. "I want everyone to know what we have first. Speaking of which...."

Tanner leaped up with a renewed energy. "Listen up ladies, we have work to do. I managed to get us some leads to follow, along with some images from crime scenes. So, if you don't have a particularly strong stomach-" Tanner looked at Tereez. "I suggest
    you look away now." And with that, Tanner tapped a few keys on his holo projector, and up sprung the first image into the air.

Vee's eye suddenly got as large as saucers as she laid eyes on the gruesome image. She didnt even see the writing at first, her eyes were locked to on the various other bits and pieces...literally.

'oh..no..no..no..no' Vee's mental chant went.

By the second pic, she was literally up, and racing out of the room, as she did not think throwing up all over the place was particularly a good luck. DANG IT TANNER! Vee thought, as she tried to scrub those images out of her head. Coudlnt he just have a close up of the writing for her to look at, without all the ... 'extra.' She did not stop, until she was outside the main door of the place, before she lost whatever little stomach contents she had. Force! She knew he would want her to analyse the writing, but she would need the scenes edited if she was going to look on it.

Oh geeze! And he thought this being had those kids? She hopped that he was very wrong, and the cat was right. What a horrible thing! And it was not like she had never seen death, or a dead body before. But that... THAT was something totally different. That
    was sadistic.

Vee walked back in to the bar, and went straight to where the bartender was. She looked straight up at Lefty. "Whatever you got thats strong, give me a shot." It might not get her drunk, but dang it, she needed something.

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

23. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari:
    Vagrants

Ari silently listened to all the information Tanner and Teerez gave them. During this process, the Twi'lek and the Cathum from earlier showed up. Apparently the Cathum had joined the crew. He offered to search for the boys, but Tanner said that they should remain together.

Tanner then opened up images of each crime seen. They were really gruesome, but Ari couldn't look away. She noticed Vee getting up and leaving for the bar. She didn't notice any patterns with the torture, but it didn't matter. Catching the Slasher wasn't as time sensitive as finding the boys. If they found the Slasher while finding the boys, then that was a bonus.

Ari pulled out her comnlink. "Rei, I need you to slice into any droids near the site when the cams drop off. Check their sensor history. Seize some idle ones for patrolling. Nothing too obvious, I don't think Thallass's name could protect us here that much. Send any data to me and Tanner's data pad. You'll be our eyes in the sky." She put that back down and turned to Tanner.

"Okay Tanner, we saw the pics, but we need to find the boys. Cathum and Togrutas are both great trackers. Our friend here can do smell, while I'll do sound and sight. Unless Thallass orders us to stay, we're going,"

OC: If Rei leaves, Ari will follow.

24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Vagrants Back Room,Trìewahl Docking Station

"Captainnn, I could starrrrt now." The Cathar started drawing Thalass's attention, "Do you havee sommmmthing they wearr orrr carrry?" He asked looking at Tereez. "Immmmm good trrrackerr." He continued, pointing at his nose. "Eyes too. I could finnd spot, and see if anything therrree while you disscuss." The Bothan's eyes widen a little, Thallass's eyebrow rose, "Might be just fall sommmeplace and stuck. Better than scarrrre her with photos of bad picturrrres." Tereez gave a look of concern hearing that. She started patting herself down looking around worried.

"I...I don't know," she started obviously fighting her emotions again, "we had to leave, so quickly I didn't have time to gather up a lot of things, most of what we have is on our backs."

"Like a man in his grave," This startled Tereez, hearing a new voice. She turned to see Ioko, the thin Twi'lek. She threw her gaze between Loko, Thallass and Ryen, unsure of who to look at. "Uh, sorry if that was a bit...well, dark, it's a lot more common a phrase where I'm from," The young Twi'lek apologized.

"Hey, Rei!" Maya spoke up, "Any droids passing by where those kids went? Cleaning, worker, messenger, that kinda thing. Unremarkable and unnoticeable. Ten creds say if I can track those down they'll have data from their sensors I can get at and show us exactly what happened there."

"Processing," was the AI's reply.

"There's no point splitting up just yet." Tanner spoke over the din that was growing in the small room, "I want everyone to know what we have first. Speaking of which...." he stood up drawing most of the attention to him. "Listen up ladies, we have work to do. I managed to get us some leads to follow, along with some images from crime scenes. So, if you don't have a particularly strong stomach-" his eyes bored into the young Bothan, causing her to swallow hard. "I suggest you look away now." Thallass and Tereez both look right at Tanner, hardening their resolve.

With a few taps the holo projector comes alive displaying gruesome pictures, blood and body parts fill the space turning the young Duros's stomach. Tereez looked away with a gasp, turning her head into Thallass's shoulder. For his part The 'Captain' gave a pained smile, breathing though his teeth. He wasn't happy or enthused with what he was seeing, it was just that smiling suppressed his gag reflex, a little trick his grandfather taught him. Sometimes in this line of work you come across adventurers that weren't as lucky as you, and you'd find their bodies rotting in whatever trap they happened upon. Though he had never seen anything like this before, it was so violent, so depraved.

Coolly calmly Tanner explained everything, who the beings were, a navigator, a Jedi, and an unknown but, fit man. How the bodies were placed noting the parts that were put on display, it seemed like those were important, and the scribbles must also be important.

"And finally," The Human said seemingly coming to a conclusion "All of these wounds - they're all cauterized. The language seems to be burned into the walls and floors" A serious look entered Tanner's gaze. "I think we're dealing with a lightsabre here." Thallass tilted his head slightly, Diomeade had told him about that weapon, the weapon of a Jedi but, a Jedi wouldn't do something like that, maybe some madman got ahold of one.

"We have leads to follow. Vee, I'll need you to analyze the writing, try and figure out what it says, or at least what language it is. But we all need to pay a visit to the "Princess" and see what we can find out there, along with Veebin's General Goods."

Vee stormed out obviously in pain, sickened by the images before her. Thallass felt Tereez try to pull away but, she was still too frozen to do so. The boy himself could not tear his eyes away from the last pictures, the one of the amber skinned man that was stabbed though the knees. The area he was found it looked like the area where Tereez's brothers disappeared.

"And you, my oversized fur-ball friend," he continued looked at the Cathar, "can run along to that alleyway if you wish." Thallass's face soured, he knew there was some, difficultly between the two men, but, Tanner shouldn't do that, insult and egg on the new crewmember like that. The Captain opened his mouth to say something but was silenced by Tanner speaking again.

"Any questions?"

"Rei," Ari said, at the end of Tanner's briefing, "I need you to slice into any droids near the site when the cams drop off. Check their sensor history. Seize some idle ones for patrolling. Nothing too obvious, I don't think Thallass's name could protect us here that much. Send any data to me and Tanner's data pad. You'll be our eyes in the sky." She paused for a bit,

"I've looked for any droids in the area, Miss. Illiana" Rei replied, "Per Miss. Blue's request and, I can't find any, the place looks abandoned, nothing and no one is there."

"Okay Tanner," Ari continued, "we saw the pics, but we need to find the boys. Cathum and Togrutas are both great trackers. Our friend here can do smell, while I'll do sound and sight. Unless Thallass orders us to stay, we're going,"

Thallass took a moment to center himself, closing his eyes. This needed to be done, time was of the essence, two boy's lives were in danger, these leads need to be run down fast. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. Tereez still hadn't removed her head from his shoulder, her hands were clamped hard around her ears.

His red eyes opened not even noticing the horrible images that lay before him. "We need to split up, groups of two or so," He turned to Ari and Ryen, "You two can handle the alleyway were Corro and Vi'lan went missing," Togurta and Cathar had volunteered start the search for them and that was where they were last seen, even a newbie knew to start there.

His gaze next fell on Maya, "Maya, you can handle Veebin's, where ever that is, I'm not sure what we will get from there but, it was the last place the Jedi was seen. Maybe they'll give you a direction." It was a long shot that they'd get any information from whoever was there but, the faster they close that loop the faster they can move on to other things. "You can take Vee with you."

Lastly the young Duros, set his gaze on Tanner, the bounty hunter, "Tanner, You, Tereez and I will investigate the "Princess's" berth, I'm rather certain the ship has moved on, his station isn't exactly a tourist spot but, maybe we can find a clue as to this 'Slasher's hiding place." Before he finished though something had to be addressed first.

"And Tanner, this Cathar is part of our crew, you will show some manners when speaking to him. I don't expect you to be best friends or anything but, I don't want you too behaving like, well teenagers, trading insults back and forth, we have a job to do." His voice cracked a little, he'd never been that forceful with someone before but, he knew how his grandfather would react, and what Mr. Manteroni had taught him. He was the Captain, he was in command. Even though he didn't feel like it most times, this situation called for a clear vision, and plan. Tanner had done most of the work giving them the tasks, he just chose the teams to handle it, possibly rashly. But, he felt a sense of courage inside him, he'd made a promise to Tereez that he'd try and find her brothers, and he wanted to make good on that. As well he didn't want to look weak in front of her.

"Excuse me," The Bothan said lifting her head a little, "If it isn't too much trouble I'd like to accompany the group going to the alley."

All at once, Thallass's teenaged bravado fell away, replaced with concern, "Uh…" the nerves caused his voice to warble a bit, "Ah…sure yeah, that makes more sense." He nodded his head in an exaggerated manner. "And I'll come with you."

"You don't have to, what about staying in groups."

The Duros gave a quick glance to Tanner then back to Tereez, "I'm more worried about you, Tanner's strong, stronger than both of us, put together probably, we'd only slow him down." His words left his mouth at a rapid pace, same as his heart. With every beat it drove him to want to remain close to the girl. He didn't want to leave her side.

"You'll be ok with that, right Tanner?" The hard eyes softened a little worried about how the Human would react. Then he remembered something, something very important, "Also could you send the scribbles to Vee for translation. Maybe she could do them while she's with Maya." He got up slightly, then remember one more thing. He looked away, it seemed he always took two steps forward and one step back. "By the way this Cathar, has joined our crew, he offered to help us look of Corro and Vi'lan, he might join us for the rest of the journey." He looked up to the now towering Felinoid. "If you'd like sir, could you introduce yourself, sorry for not asking before, everything got crazy really quick."

Thallass's eyes returned to the floor waiting for someone else to make the first move.

TAG: Shekel_1383, Ktala, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

Ktala and Shekel_1383 like this.
  25. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Upon seeing the images of the crime scenes, Vee bolted for the door, her audible efforts to stop her losing the contents of her stomach clear as she ran out of Vagrants. Tanner had been in this job a long time, he supposed, and seen worse than this - he was probably de-sensitised to such butchery. Slowly, however, a plan began to formulate.

"Okay Tanner," Ari continued after asking Rei for any information "she" could pull from nearby droids, "we saw the pics, but we need to find the boys. Cathum and Togrutas are both great trackers. Our friend here can do smell, while I'll do sound and sight. Unless Thallass orders us to stay, we're going," Thallass pulled himself into command, Tereez still clamped close to his shoulder. His eyes closed as a teenager, but opened as a captain.

"We need to split up, groups of two or so," He turned to Ari and Ryen, "You two can handle the alleyway were Corro and Vi'lan went missing," His gaze next fell on Maya, "Maya, you can handle Veebins, where ever that is, I'm not sure what we will get from there but, it was the last place the Jedi was seen. Maybe they'll give you a direction." Tanner was surprised that he wasn't picked to investigate where Master Altu Moto was last seen, but then again, he wasn't in command here -he would accept whatever post was given to him.

Lastly the young Duros, set his gaze on Tanner. "Tanner, You, Tereez and I will investigate the "Princess's" berth, I'm rather certain the ship has moved on, his station isn't exactly a tourist spot but, maybe we can find a clue as to this 'Slasher's hiding place.". Before Tanner could agree, the young captain spoke up. "And Tanner, this Cathar is part of our crew, you will show some manners when speaking to him. I don't expect you to be best friends or anything but, I don't want you too behaving like, well teenagers, trading insults back and forth, we have a job to do."

Tanner took a deep breath and looked the Cathar dead in the eyes. He let the moment hang for a second, and uttered "Fine." dryly. He and the surely flea-ridded Cathar would certainly not be friends, but, Tanner reasoned that unnecessary conflict would get in the way of what actually mattered.

"Excuse me," The Bothan said lifting her head a little, "If it isn't too much trouble I'd like to accompany the group going to the alley."

"Uh…" Thallass's nerves seemed to set in. "Ah…sure yeah, that makes more sense." He nodded his head in an exaggerated manner. "And I'll come with you."

"You don't have to, what about staying in groups."

The Duros gave a quick glance to Tanner then back to Tereez, "I'm more worried about you, Tanner's strong, stronger than both of us, put together probably, we'd only slow him down."

"Well, I wouldn't know about the strength part, but to be honest captain, I would work quicker alone" Tanner replied through a smile.

"You'll be ok with that, right Tanner?" Thallass asked.

The human winked, still smiling. "Aye aye Captain."

"Also could you send the scribbles to Vee for translation? Maybe she could do them while she's with Maya" Thallass continued as he got up, Tanner began walking for the door - holo projector in hand.

"I'll make sure she gets them, and hopefully she doesn't run off this time" Tanner replied as he reached the door leading back into the bar.

"By the way this Cathar, has joined our crew, he offered to help us look of Corro and Vi'lan, he might join us for the rest of the journey." Tanner stopped in the doorway for a second, not turning around to face those still remaining in the room.

"Welcome aboard" Tanner said without much emotion, throwing a lazy hand up over his shoulder as he walked out through the bar. He tossed the holo-projector around in his hands as he walked, only putting it back in his cloak pocket as he passed Vee, who was looking really quite pale as she stood at the bar.

"Whatever you got thats strong, give me a shot." she said, demanding a drink through heavy, vomit-stalling breaths.

Tanner chuckled to himself as he approached, a few credits in hand. "A Coruscant Mix, on me. Trust me, you'll enjoy it - try not to vomit it back up though." he said, as he placed the credits on the table and shot Lefty a smile and a wink. "I'll send you those photos too, hopefully seeing them for the second time will be a little better." Tanner's voice became more serious, more hushed. "Vee, that writing is critical to this whole thing. It's important - I can feel it."

Leaving Vee with a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, Tanner departed. As he walked down the busy alley-ways and paths of the docking station, he passed on the images of the crime-scene from his barely working data pad to Vee's. He could only wonder if his visit would provide answers - or only ask more questions.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Ktala GrimdarkRose AbsolX Darth Ukendt HunterPrime