main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    IC: Iokop'puddet

Ioko had entered the shop and allowed the others to speak with the shopowner before he approached the Ppuddet, "So, is there anything I can help you with miss?" the shopowner inquired, squinting towards the Ppuddet with a smile on his face. This bloke had been through a lot, so Ioko rolled with the misconception, adjusting the tightening of his vocal chords in a matter that caused his voice to come across as more feminine, he responded, "I'm not exactly looking for anything in particular, but any kind of keepsake to remember this trip by would be nice," he spake reciprocating the shopowner's smile.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Darth Ukendt

2. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    OOC: Thought I had responded to this. Sorry

IC: Ryen Rasi
    Alleyway, Trìewahl Docking Station

Rasi watched as the female bothan suddenly dropped to one knee, and began running her had around
    a different colored plate along the ground. Thallas, looking over his shoulder he saw her running her hand around the edge of the off-color plate. "What are you doing?" He asked."It's hollow under here right," She replied, still furiously feeling around trying to find something, "there must be a way to access it. My bothers could be under here." The captain tried to make her stand, but she simply pushed him away. "It could be a trap, or something worse." He tried to explain, but the woman totally ignored him. "And you want me to leave my family to that something worse. There was blood back there, it could be one of theirs." To his credit, the Captain responded quickly. "It could also be a trap?" he put a hand on her shoulder shaking it a little, "We could have been led here for just that purpose. We need to be careful." The Bothan looked up. "Careful…?!" Tereez snapped her head
    up worry written on her face, "My brothers could be dying, I don't have time to wait." Her hands feverishly pawed at the metal until she heard a click. She moved around to the other side and readied to lift the hatch. Thallass moved in front of it blaster drawn, ready to shoot into it.Thallass looked back over his shoulder at Rasi and the other female Ari.

"MOVE!" Rasi growled deeply, as he moved to take the position that Thallass stodd. Rasi spoke to the Bothan. "You no good dead. Or you killing us or them with trap." Rasi snorted at the bothan. "You MAKE TIME." he growled
    as he dropped down, his weapon at the ready. He scanned the ground, tying to see if he could make out any other markings or smell anything out from the ordinary, as he waited for the female to flip open the hatch. Anything pop out with an attitude, would find itself eating the business end of his weapon.

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

3. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Nothing special, water, foodstuffs…" the now nervous looking man replied, offering a curious look. "Hold on, why should I tell you anything…" he said, followed by yet another look. After taking a step back, he continued. You're a hunter I take it, looking for the 'Slasher'. Well, the Seccers came by almost a week ago now, couldn't find anything." He huffed to the side, "Useless," he let out another sigh, "I don't know why you're asking about the 'Princess' the 'Slasher's still here, killed two more. Seccers said they went that way," the slightly shorter being pointed towards an exit on the far right from him. "But the trail was cold once they got passed the threshold."
    "I'm not going to tell you how to do your job but, you'd best bring a flamethrower or something big to take this psycho out. He rubbed his shoulders, "Killed a couple hunters already," his green eyes drift to the floor, "What are we supposed to do when even those with skills can't stop a monster like this, just hide away." He took a step back, "Look maybe you should just let this all go, be better for your health. And I should look at getting off this floating scrap pile."

Tanner let out a small, tired chuckle. "You're acting like my health matters. All that matters is catching this guy before they can strike again." He took an authoritative step forward towards the station worker. "The victim here worked on the Princess. I think that each killing is symbolic of something, so if I can figure out what that something is, me and my associates can catch this "Slasher". So please, my good man, is there truly nothing you can tell me about that ship? If not, I'll be on my way".

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Trìewahl Docking Station

"MOVE!" The Cathar growled moving Thallass out of the way. "You no good dead. Or you killing us or them with trap." Tereez shrunk back a little her hands still wrapped about the lip of the panel she uncovered. "You MAKE TIME." She swallowed hard moving over a little to give Ryen and Thallass a clear shot down the passage. Thallass could see her hands were shaking and her eyes looked uncertain as she looked to the Duros one last time. Everything was still as the Bothan took a deep breath. Her hands tightened around the lip of the plate. The young captain gripped his blaster just a little tighter.

A few more moments of silence and Tereez flipped the panel open. Thallass raised his blaster just in case, he was greeted by a mop of red hair and a blood smeared, freckled face. He lowered his weapon as she looked down the passage.

"V'lan?" she asked voice quivering

"Sis?" the little boy replied looking up, green eyes wide.

Instantly Thallass picked up his comlink, "Crew, I think we caught a break," his voice was shaky as if his nervousness from the moment before was carrying over, "I'm not sure where I am but, you should get over here." Simultaneously, everyone not with her captain received a message from Rei. It was a map of the station with Thallass's location marked out on it.

IC: Astor
    Cargo Transfer Corridor, Trìewahl Docking Station

The man slumped his shoulders a bit as armored hunter moved closer, "I'm sorry, I don't." As he turned away, he heard a youthful voice though a little wobbly, coming from the comlink somewhere on the bounty hunter's person.

IC: Rayic
    Veebin's General Goods, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Ahh," The old Bimm replied to the woman, "I might have something for ya'" He walked over to the counter poking around for something underneath, right at that time, Thallass's message came through.

TAG: HunterPrime AbsolX Shekel_1383 Ktala Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose and Shekel_1383 like this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Veebin's General Goods, Trìewahl Docking Station

"When your finished, could I get some lentils and some dried nerf?" she asked him politely, smiling. But she did wonder about why the being would come here looking for a book? That was an odd request. But a reason to kill? Vee felt that she really needed to get to work on the scribbings.

"Ahh," The old Bimm replied to the woman, "I might have something for ya'" He walked over to the counter poking around for something underneath, right at that time, Thallass's message came through. ["Crew, I think we caught a break,"] Well, THAT was good news at least. Didnt wound too bad. No blaster fire or anything going. The message continued. ["I'm not sure where I am but, you should get over here."] That was not a problem for Rei, however, as simultaneously, sent out a message. It was a map of the station with Thallass's location marked out on it. Vee gave a small grin. She then looked over to where the old Bimm was busy pulling out her order. Vee was going to wait. It didnt sound like an emergency type thing. So, did that mean they had found the kids? Vee certainly hoped that was what it meant. She still had the text to look at, and she was not looking forward to that. She could certainly use some good news right now.

She also hoped the old Bimm could hurry up as well, so that they could quickly get to where the heck the rest of the crew now seemed to be located. She kept a sharp eye on the Bimm. Could he know a bit more than he acted? Anything was possible on a space station. After all, it would be a good cover. And to be on a station for so long... they had to blend in. Or they were using secret areas of the station. Probably places that were closed off, or no longer in use. Maybe she would find out more, once she got a chance to look at the writing a bit more. Vee tried not to look impatient, as she waited for the clerk to finish with her order.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, Darth Ukendt

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Borei

"Ah hahahahahaha." The madman laughed, his face half in shadow, half bathed in crimson. Darkness swirled around his right hand, emanating from the glowing blade held in it. His speech was a garbled word salad, making no sense, and chilling the young captain to his core. The teen can recall shielding a young bothan with dark fur, holding him close to his chest as the psycho lashed out. Heat radiated across his back as three lightsabers collided. The room was a discordant mix of red, blue and purple as the blades did their deadly dance. He could remember shouting, lots of shouting, yells to run, to flee from that place, to leave someone behind. But, who, for what?

A strong furred arm yanked the duros and the bothan away from the battle dragging the pair away from danger. Soon he was running, the sounds of battle still close behind. A cold metal hand wrapped around Thallass's wrist urging him forward. Fear, fear over took his heart as he looked behind, seeing only a kaleidoscope of shattered colors.

The sounds faded, but were replaced with a shock and a snap, a woman in a dark hood, glowing shock whip in her hand. Electricity flowed through the captain's body, sending his heart into a staccato beat. A shadowy figure spoke, told him for the person's he sought. The mother and father that left him behind, the being said that they were seen near Jabiim, heading towards Iego. However that was two years ago now, they could be anywhere. The woman cloaked in darkness, returned to her shadows, where she could guard her charge.

He feels a burning in his throat, a pain that could kill a rancor overwhelms him. Old voices laugh, but, he feels a loss inside, a loss he wants to forget. The pain subsides and a fog descends one that lets him forget, until he feels another metal hand wrap around his shoulder, a glowing yellow eye blinds him.

"Thallass," the cyborg shouted, indignant, and annoyed. She pulled him away from the table, the aged voices protesting. The rhythmic sound of a metal leg thudding against a hard deck accompanied the lecture her vaguely heard.

"Thallass." She shouted again

"Thallass." The voice had changed, no longer was it from a human. It was a being, maybe, there was a mechanical edge to it. However it had a familiar warmth. "Thallass." In the darkness, he saw his grandfather's crumpled body, clutching his arm, his face locked in a silent scream. "Thallass."

Captain Thallass Falkirk, snapped awake, his red eyes wide, his chest heaving with heavy breaths. He had a crick in his neck and his back hurt. It seemed he decided to take a nap in the pilot's chair. Out the viewport, was the swirling tunnel of hyperspace, he was heading somewhere but, the question was, where? To Jabiim to pick up the trail of his parents, or towards Obroa-Skai, the next step the journey left to him by his grandfather. His head felt nearly split open by the pain running through it.

"You seem in distress, should I call the Medical Droid?" the voice called out.

"No Rei," Thallass answered, "I'm fine." He looked to the co-pilot's chair expecting to see a magenta skinned zeltron, with a metal arm. He didn't. He rose from the chair, too fast by his bodies reckoning. He braced himself against the bulkhead, head spinning. "Rei," he started, "remind me to never drink Rancor Killer again."

"I would hope that your recent experience with it would be enough of a reminder." She replied a bit of annoyance in her voice.

He began to make his way back through the ship, looking to head to the infirmary, maybe find some painkillers for his headache. Passing by the common room, he thought he'd see a cocky former Jedi, clad in mandalorian armor, a smile stitched on his face. He didn't. Nor did he see a togruta in a fur jacket, serene look on her face, the sleepy twi'lek, the goggle wearing human, the bulky cathar, all of them seemed to be missing. The ship was eerily silent, apart from the hum of the engines, and the soft patter of the boy's boots against the deck as he walked.

"Were is everyone?" he asked somewhat to himself, and to Rei.

The A.I's silence was telling. He passed through the door into the med bay, squinting his eyes against the harsh glare of the lights.

"Hello sir," the medical droid said in a monotone, "do you require my assistance?"

"Ugh…Painkillers, I would like some painkillers."

"Opioids, or NSAIDs?"

"Uh…"

"Just NSAIDs," Rei answered for the stuttering captain. The droid followed orders and dispensed a few little pills to the young duros. Thallass threw them back with a swing of water, the placebo effect setting in quickly. With his headache easing he made his way back to the command section of the CR-90. Down one level, and on the port side he opened the door to the captain's quarters, his quarters.

A smile grew across his face. Tereez was sprawled out on the bed between her two brothers, Vi'lan and Corro. The siblings were close together, not wanting to leave each other's sides. Vi'lan's messy head of red hair rested against Tereez's shoulder. Her other arm wrapped around Corro's shoulders, never wanting to let go. They had been through a lot, and he was glad the crew was able to keep them together. Quietly he closed the door and stepped away.

"Rei, where are we going?" he asked finally.

"I thought you knew?" Rei unhelpfully replied.

"Rei, can you please remind me?"

"We are heading towards Obroa-Skai."

"Good, could you call the crew together, in the common room? I think we need to take stock."

"ALL HANDS," the AI's voice rang out, "The Captain has called for a meeting in the common room, please attend at your earliest convenience."

Thallass nodded his head. It was time to sort out what all happened.

TAG: HunterPrime AbsolX Shekel_1383 Ktala Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose

HanSolo29 , Ktala and HunterPrime like this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei

Things went bad.

That is all Vee knew. She had left the shop, after buying a few supplies, and was working up the courage to try and look at those horrible pictures, when she got a really confused call. The only thing she could make out was the word Vagrants. And when she had reached the place, the sight that meet her eyes did not help. Thallass looked as if he had seen a few ghosts. And was working on using alcohol as a way to forget the entire adventure. After two minutes, the only thing she could get from him was, "I'm the Captain, just leave me be." That was before Lefty stepped up. She took the cup from his hand, and got him headed back towards the ship. Vee helped. She was one of the few still sober. She didnt dare ask what happened. She could see signs of a fight, and the smell of something buining was telling. The rest of the crew -

Some things were better left unsaid. But she did note that the bothan female was with them, along with two young boys! So they had managed to find the kids, luckily. But not without a cost, it seems. The bothan and the boys went into the captain quarters. Thallass disappeared. Everyone else -

Not around. She was so busy dealing with Thallass and his friends, who now seemed to be going along as well for the moment, she didnt notice who else was following.

Vee was alone at the moment. She sighed deeply. So much for a grand adventure. She made her way back to her room, and laid down on the bed. She was staring at the ceiling, when she heard Rei's voice suddenly speak, starling her to suddenly sit up on the bed.

"ALL HANDS," the AI's voice rang out, "The Captain has called for a meeting in the common room, please attend at your earliest convenience." Vee gave a sigh. Time to find out who was still along for the trip. She had not seen the loud mouth in a long time. Had he left? The two who spoke about light sabers. The big, furry cat? The co-pilot Maya? The sleepy twi'lek? The slasher couldnt have got them all. But maybe the encounter did something to them. Vee was almost afraid to find out. With another sigh, she rose, and timidly headed out, to see what familiar faces, if any would show up.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, HunterPrime, AbsolX, Shekel_1383, Darth Ukendt, GrimdarkRose,

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Approved!

Name: Dr. Denis "Den" Alen
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Pamarthe
    Height: 6'2"
    Appearance: With a youthful face and an overall rumpled appearance, Dr. Alen does not fit the mold of the pretentious university professor. He is fairly handsome by human standards with a tall, lean build, green eyes, thin lips, and medium-length light brown hair riddled with blond highlights, perpetually bleached from the years of sailing on his homeworld in his youth. While out in the field, he is typically dressed in a plain shirt with a loose collar, khaki or gray cargo pants, combat boots, and a utility belt, which contains his holster and a sheath for his knife. Around his neck hangs a totem that is hand-carved out of wood and acts as a good luck charm.
    Personality: Denis is fully committed to his work when the price is right. While he is not the most organized person, and at times, tends to be too laid-back for his own good, he usually finds a way to achieve his goals…even if his methods are a bit unorthodox sometimes. In addition, he can be exorbitantly stubborn to the point of becoming radical. This behavior has landed him in trouble with the authorities in the past. He is also superstitious, which is a bit ironic for someone in his line of work.
    Force Sensitive (Yes or No): No
    Weapons: Vibroknife with an engraved handle; DL-22 blaster pistol
    Bio: Like many youth growing up on the planet Pamarthe, Denis constantly had his eye on the stars and often dreamt of becoming a famous starfighter pilot in the racing circuit. He trained rigorously in his free time in an old Z-95 headhunter that he refurbished himself, but coming from a well-to-do family, his father did not approve of his methods. The life of a racing pilot was considered an embarrassment to him, and so, when the time came to choose a career path, his father forced Denis to pursue something a little more studious. Seeing that his heart was still set on adventure and discovering the unknown, he settled reluctantly for archeology.

After enduring several years of an extensive academic program, Denis finally achieved his doctorate and moved into the Core, where he was offered a teaching position at Corellia University. Using the university as his base of operations, Denis was able to also run his own research projects and conduct field studies where necessary. But in truth, these proved to be less than satisfying.

When his own expeditions were turning up minimal results, he began to contract himself out to the highest bidder, much to the chagrin of his colleagues. This method was slow at first, but word soon spread of his expertise and the care he undertook to ensure that the job was done right. He was soon in high-demand of his services with a nearly constant flow of opportunities available to him. Over time, he has become more of a mercenary and has distanced himself more and more from his academic background.

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  9. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Ryen Rasi - The Borei

Rasi sat within the darkened room. He didnt really know what this room was for originally. It was dark and
    looked unused, and he had found it, after a rather hasty departure from the Trìewahl Docking Station. It
    was on the ship he later found out was called the Borei. No clothing, no bags, just basic furniture. It
    suited him. The smell of burnt fur and a long singe swarth of a angry looking red line left a trail that
    snaked its way along Rasi's arm, but no wound broke the skin. He was lucky. It could have just have easily
    been missing an arm instead. Rasi turned his head slowly as he surveyed the room. Rasi had needed the time
    alone. He was beginning to wonder his place with this strange, new Captain. His ears flicked, as he
    remembered bits and pieces of what had happened. Lightweapons. He remembered that the furs along his back
    had rose and stood on end, and after he had opened the cover to that horrible pit, and seen the kids faces,
    there had been lightweapons. And laughter. Three weapons had clashed, and the captain has simply stood
    there, clutching one of the kids. Rasi had to literally grab them, and throw them out of harms way. Someone
    yelled at them to run, and after seeing three lightweapons flshing in the haze, he was not prone to argue.

So they ran. But instead of heading back to the ship, they went to some meeting, doing something Rasi did
    not understand. There was a female there. A female with another strange weapon, this time a whip that
    glowed. And again they moved, but Rasi knew this place. It was back to the bar. Back to Vagrants. Some of
    the others from before were there. The Captain seemed to be trying to make himself unconscious. Wouldn't
    that be a better thing to do, on board the safety of a ship? Rasi decided to take a drink as well, but it
    would take more than the weak stuff at the bar to knock him down. Finally, the female bartender with metal
    arm got the Captain moving. Rasi noticed that the bothan and the two boys were following along as well.
    Very strange. Girl with goggles was there too. Others. Once at the ship, the Captain slurred some words.
    The ship's computer told Rasi where to find a room. And there he had sat ever since, trying to make sense
    of what had happened, as he rubbed his arm.

"ALL HANDS," the AI's voice rang out, "The Captain has called for a meeting in the common room, please
    attend at your earliest convenience." Rasi's ears twitched slowly. It was time to find out what type of
    insanity he had joined. But at least, he was off that ves'carta of a space station.

TAG: AbsolX, Shekel_1383, Ktala, Darth Ukendt, GrimdarkRose, galactic-vagabond422

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Field Notes:

Dr. Denis Alen

Classified ‘Krayt Dragon’ Expedition – Day 4

After a harrowing start, today finally saw some progress. Trìewahl Docking Station had been a reluctant stop, but I have to admit, it did produce results. I have established contact with a wiry Duros going by the name of Thallass Falkirk – I can’t be sure if that is his real name (he is awfully young and inexperienced), but if it’s any consolation, the locals seem to know him well enough. The lady in the bar – the one with the mechanical arm and leg – had been adamant about Thallass’ reputation, and insisted that I offer him a hand after I revealed my intentions to her. To be honest, the whole exchange had been a tad odd, but it is the best lead I have so far. Plus, he seems to match the description that the client left in the dossier. That’s as good a start as any, especially after I’ve been fumbling around in the dark for the past few days. While my confidence hasn’t returned fully, it’s looking less and less likely that I have completely wasted my time.

Of course, there is the little detail of Thallass being a hopeless drunk…at least, that’s my experience so far, but I suppose that’s not the worst quality in the galaxy. I have seen worse. He does have his own ship and crew, so that has to account for something. I believe he called it the Borei. He seemed rather proud of it, but I can’t say that the name rings any bells. I had only reciprocated his excitement to stay in the Captain’s good graces. I only have one goal in mind, after all.

And speaking of my goal, I seem to have hit another snag. After my initial introduction, things have crawled to a halt. Thallass himself has disappeared into the bowels of the ship – most likely to nurse his hangover – and I haven’t seen him since last night. In addition to the Captain’s sorry state, I have yet to receive any set of instructions from the crew or see any signs of activity to indicate that we are preparing to make for our first destination. I don’t consider myself impatient, but in this case, it’s more than warranted. All this inaction is cause for concern.

Have I made a mistake?

/Den

[/I]

[B]IC: Dr. Denis Alen[/B]
    [I]The [/I]Borei

The sound of a voice crackling over the ship’s intercom is what ultimately roused Denis from his light slumber. Having found a relatively unoccupied corner of the cargo hold, he had rearranged a few containers and other random objects to construct a makeshift bed for himself to pass the time. With his long legs stretched out and propped up on an adjacent control bank, he groaned to himself as he rolled over and swatted at the open air in an attempt to silence the unpleasant sound invading his restless thoughts.

“[I]ALL HANDS[/I],” the voice droned on. "[I]The Captain has called for a meeting in the common room, please attend at your earliest convenience.[/I]”

With his eyes still closed, Denis furrowed his brow as he subconsciously processed the command. Earliest convenience? Good. That meant he had some extra time to sleep. He would just take a few more minutes – maybe hours – to relax, and meet up with everyone else when he was good and ready.

Inhaling deeply, his face muscles relaxed and he rested his hands upon his chest as he began to doze off…

Wait.

What the hell was he doing? He had been so ardent about getting started, and now he was simply going to sleep through it?!

Grumbling a few choice expletives under his breath, Denis forced the last remnants of sleep from his mind and sat up, ignoring the wave of light-headedness that washed over him from rising too fast. In his flurry to pull on his boots and make himself presentable, he accidentally kicked over one of the storage containers he had been using as a backrest. The round barrel teetered to the side before toppling over with a crash, spilling its contents out onto the deckplates. Denis froze and stared down at the mess with a wince, but decided that it was not a priority. He would come back to clean it up later.

Maybe.

If he remembered…

Running a hand through his mop of sandy hair, he turned on his heel and set out to find the common room. He noted that no one had bothered to show him around the ship prior to leaving Trìewahl, which contributed to his general sense of unease…as if he was not welcome. Then again, with how drunk the Captain was last night, perhaps he shouldn’t be so surprised with the lack of decorum. In fact, he would be utterly shocked if the Captain even remembered bringing him on board the ship in the first place.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth at the thought. Now, [I]that[/I] would be an interesting scenario. Good thing he was always prepared. He reached down and lightly caressed the holster hanging loosely from his belt on his right side.

Eventually, he found his way to the common room without too much difficulty. Upon entering the formal space, he immediately recognized Thallass and offered him a curt nod. While he appeared to have sobered up, it was still too early to tell for sure. Denis would have to watch the young man carefully, especially if he began to lapse in his judgement calls.

As he moved around to take a seat, he took stock of the other two occupants of the room. The first was a young woman with green eyes and long, brown hair. Her messy locks were pushed back on her head by a pair of goggles, which prompted Denis to smile. She certainly looked too naive to be an effective participant on such a dangerous excursion, but who was he to judge?

The other was a felinoid creature of some kind. Judging by his rippling muscles and his mean disposition, he was likely a warrior. Denis might have been impressed if not for the fact that all of the felinoid species he ever encountered looked comparably the same to him. Of course, expressing such an opinion out loud would undoubtedly offend the brute, so he wisely decided to keep his mouth shut. Instead, he simply inclined his chin in greeting.

So, three crew members and a Captain. That was a rather small team, he had to admit. It would be interesting to see how they fared when they truly got into the thick of things. With a huff, Denis lowered himself into a nearby chair and adopted a more professional demeanor as he waited for the briefing to begin.

[B]TAG: [USER=1354732]galactic-vagabond422[/USER]; [USER=713700]Ktala[/USER]; [USER=1117336]HunterPrime[/USER]; [USER=1416412]Shekel_1383[/USER]; [USER=1407079]GrimdarkRose[/USER]; [USER=1416175]AbsolX[/USER]; [USER=1401887]Darth Ukendt[/USER][/B]

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  11. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    IC: Iokop'puddet

Upon receiving the call, Ioko hastened his pace, "Sorry, mister," he said to the man who owned the shop, "My boss just called me in for something or another, I should prolly hurry it up," He'd wait around for the man's response, but he would need to report to the ship soon.

OOC:
    Yes, this is really short, don't judge me.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Borei, Common Room

He waited for a little bit, watching his crew come filing in. Vee was first her goggle up pushing back her hair, next was Ryen Rasi the broad Cathar that joined them on Trìewahl, after him was a human with sandy blonde hair. Thallass didn’t necessarily recognize him but, before he could ask who he was, Ioko came walking in. He sat in silence head still pounding a little. Thallass waited hoping more would show up, hoping to see Tanner or Maya, or Ari.

"Rei," he called out, "Can you scan the ship see if there’s anyone else on board."

"Yes Thallass." she replied. There were a few more moments of quiet. "I am reading no other lifesigns other than those in the common room and the captain’s quarters."

"Haaa," the young captain let out a long breath, he was left with half the crew he’d started this adventure with. Some captain he turned out to be. He pressed his gangly hand against his broad forehead, trying to lessen the pain between his ears.

Part of him wanted to turn back, to just release everyone at the next port and go to Valrar to check on his grandfather. However they were already on their way, already heading towards their next destination. Maybe he should keep going, just one more stop, one more clue. What else was he going to do with himself. This ship, this ridiculous quest for a long dead sith’s treasure was all he had now, he might as well keep going, even if it was halfhearted.

"So," he started looking warily up at those gathered about the semicircular table. "This is all the crew we have left huh…" He hung his head, letting out another slow breath. It had been a crazy, crazy couple days. He barely had his head on straight, and his skull felt two sizes too small.

"Alright, well we’re currently heading towards Obroa-Skai we’re going to stop by the Celebratus Archive. Looking for the Journal of Ibit At’tua, he was some Camaasi explorer that my grandfather thinks holds some sort of clue to where to head next. I’m not sure what we’re going to do once we get there but, hopefully he can avoid any more of those Imp bas..." He stopped himself from cursing, hearing Lefty’s voice in his head. He looked away recalling the run in they had with Captain Rho just past Ord Mantell. "Though Obroa-Skai is heavily controlled by the Empire so, I guess we will have to deal with them. We should keep our heads down while we’re there."

His red eyes cast over to the empty Sabacc table Tanner had stationed himself upon in the past. It would be easier to keep said low profile without him or Ari, though that didn’t make him feel safer.

"My grandfather got permits to land so we shouldn’t have any trouble there but, I’m not sure about what happens once we get to the Archives. They’re open to the public but, I don’t think it’s like a library, I doubt they’re going to let us walk out with an ancient journal. We might have to make a copy or read it there."

He looked to the man he didn’t recognize or the man he didn’t remember. "Who are you again?" he asked.

"Alen, Denis," Rei interjected, "Doctor, Professor of Archaeology at Corellia University, currently on sabbatical. He’s offered his skills to your venture Thallass, you said he was a new addition, along with Mr. Rasi." Though her tone was even, mechanical, there was a sense that she didn’t approve. Either of the two beings themselves or the circumstances of their joining the crew.

"Sorry, I...I wasn’t feeling very well when we met." Thallass said in a slight apology to Denis. "Welcome aboard, sorry I couldn’t give you the grand tour or something."

"Mr. Alen" Rei stepped in again. "I noticed that you’ve taken to sleeping in the cargo hold. I have several unoccupied crew cabins in my forward compartment, as well I do have two unoccupied state rooms on the upper deck."

"He can’t take those, Tanner and Ari took them first." Thallass snapped back, he didn’t want to admit that they were never coming back, wasn’t ready to let them go entirely.

"Of course Thallass, I was just pointing out that no one was currently…"

"They're still Tanner’s and Ari’s."

"Yes Thallass." There was another pause "I’m sorry, Mr. Alen, but, the crew cabins should be suffice, they were designed for beings to sleep in them...Unlike the cargo hold," her tone shifted ever so slightly, a little lower, slightly annoyed, if a shipboard AI could get annoyed, "which I normally keep it at negative pressure, and very cold to preserve the perishables onboard. I had to divert power to the hold to keep it at a habitable temperature for you. Also after you are done here, could you return and put those meilooruns back into their container I would appreciate it."

Thallass went quiet again. Feeling a weight settling across his shoulders. "Any questions?"

TAG: Ktala HunterPrime Darth Ukendt HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei, Common Room

Vee sat, looking over at the strange guy who had joined their crew at the last stop. She wondered what his specialist was. When Thallas came in, he still looked pretty messed up, but at least he seemed coherent. The big cat guy, sleepy twi'lek and new guy sat there, looking kinda awkward, until Thallass finally spoke up.

"Rei," he called out, "Can you scan the ship see if there’s anyone else on board." "Yes Thallass." she replied. Rei was talking funny. So she guessed that the new folks had not been told about Rei. That suited her just fine for now. There were a few more moments of quiet. "I am reading no other lifesigns other than those in the common room and the captain’s quarters." Thallass let out a long sigh, while Vee simply shook her head. First major stop, and they already lost three folks. Ari and Tanner were one thing. But she would really miss Maya. But on the flip side, she was not feeling the strange feelings she felt earlier, and no headaches either. So, now she turned to look at Thallass.

Was he gonna wimp out, or was he going to keep going with the new folks. And perhaps hope that the others would come back. Even the loudmouth drunk would be something at this point. Had the slasher got them? Thallas refused to speak at all, after they got back, except to mumble something about the Bothan and the kids. Vee still had the awful pictures on her datapad. At least, there was no hurry to study them anymore. Thallass's voice made her look back up.

"So," he started looking warily up at those gathered about the semicircular table. "This is all the crew we have left huh…" He hung his head, letting out another slow breath. "Alright, well we’re currently heading towards Obroa-Skai we’re going to stop by the Celebratus Archive. Looking for the Journal of Ibit At’tua, he was some Camaasi explorer that my grandfather thinks holds some sort of clue to where to head next. I’m not sure what we’re going to do once we get there but, hopefully he can avoid any more of those Imp bas..." He stopped awkwardly, and Vee simply grinned. Yeah, she was no lover of the Imps herself. "Though Obroa-Skai is heavily controlled by the Empire so, I guess we will have to deal with them. We should keep our heads down while we’re there." Vee thought to herself. Well, for the most part, that shouldnt be too difficult. She looked over at the large cat creature. Uhh... yes, Rasi. They were not known to being friendly towards aliens. But they would have to see, once they got there. The Captain continued. "My grandfather got permits to land so we shouldn’t have any trouble there but, I’m not sure about what happens once we get to the Archives.

They’re open to the public but, I don’t think it’s like a library, I doubt they’re going to let us walk out with an ancient journal. We might have to make a copy or read it there."

Vee simply nodded. Course, it woudlnt hurt to make sure it wasnt under restricted archives, or if they needed an appointment in order to see it. She would ask Rei about that later. The next question made Vee snicker softly. "Who are you again?" Thallass asked the strange man. Rei was quick to respond. "Alen, Denis," Rei interjected, "Doctor, Professor of Archaeology at Corellia University, currently on sabbatical. He’s offered his skills to your venture Thallass, you said he was a new addition, along with Mr. Rasi."

Vee perked up. An Archaeology Prof? Well, that could be useful. But she wondered if he could handle himself. So far as this adventure had gone, they already had a 50% lost rate."Sorry, I...I wasn’t feeling very well when we met." Thallass said in a slight apology to Denis. "Welcome aboard, sorry I couldn’t give you the grand tour or something." Rei chimed in, fusing with Mr. Alen about sleeping in the cargo hold, and then tried to give him a new room, when suddenly Thallass chimed in. He got very upset when Rei tried to give the rooms that Tanner and Ari had. So, he didnt know what happened to the others as well? Because, if they were dead, then there would be no reason to hold the rooms. Vee tugged at the scarf around her neck.

"Any questions?"

Vee hopped off her seat. "No. Sounds like a plan to me, Captain." she stated, trying to sound cheerful. "Do you mind if I check to see what, if any type of restrictions might be on the archive? I promise to be... discreete." Vee grinned at Thallass. She then turned and looked at Rasi and Mr. Alen.

"Well, I've already met Rasi, but nice to meet ya, Mr. Denis. An Archaeology professor hmm? I'm Vee. My specialties is documents. If it's printed, I can read it." Vee grinned. Looks like you came in, on the fun part of the ride." Vee then looked over at Rasi. He had left most of his weapons behind, but he still looked pretty darn intimidating. "Rasi. I got a big gun, from some thugs we ran into earlier. Think you can give me any pointers?" she asked, giving him a nod.

Hopefully, this would start things off on a good way. She then looked back at Thallass. "What about the Bothan and the kids? Where are we dropping them off at, if ya dont mind me asking?" she asked.

TAG: HunterPrime Darth Ukendt HanSolo29

14. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004

Rasi managed to find the common room easy enough. He just followed his nose. And as fragrent as this ship
    was, that was a tall order. But that, and the sound of restless bodies, made it not too difficult. He
    strolled in and sat down, waiting. The first person he saw was the girl he had met from the station. The one
    who wore goggles. She seemed to be decent for a pinkskin. He looked around. The man who had bothered him
    earlier, and the strange girl, the ones with the lightsticks, were not here. A strange looking twi'lek was
    here, that he had not met before. And a man, who did not seem to carry any weapons. An unknown. And there
    was the Captain. He did not look well. After a long pause and wait, captain Thallass started to speak. He
    told the ship computer to scan for any other beings. An odd request. Rasi didnt really care. He wanted to
    hear what was going on next. The captain then spoke about going to some place called Obroa-Skai, looking for
    some strange journal. They seemed to be searching for something. Again, Rasi did not care, as long as he was
    fed, and wound up with some credit in the end, he was willing to go along with whatever they were doing. And
    hopefully, it would be honorable. They had already rescued the Bothan female and the kids. That was
    honorable indeed. The patch of burnt off fur, would be a reminder for a while. Yes, that was honorable.

The girl who wore the goggles suddenly moved, speaking to the captain. This captain was strange. Perhaps it
    was because he was young. Maybe he would find out more. When Rasi heard the ships computer call him, Mr.
    Rasi, he gave a gruff laugh. "Jussst call mmme Rasi, yes?" he added. The girl Vee, spoke up again. She
    talked to the professor, about document. Vee then looked over at him. "Rasi. I got a big gun, from some
    thugs we ran into earlier. Think you can give me any pointers?" she asked, giving him a nod. Rasi nodded
    slowly. "Yessss. Would be happy to show how to use." He gave a smile, showing large fangs and an
    enthusiastic nod. A good thing indeed, especially if they were to visit a Imperial controlled world. Yes,
    this could be a good thing indeed.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, Darth Ukendt, HanSolo29

15. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    GM APPROVED
    Name:
    Carrie Handel
    Race: human
    Homeworld: Lothal
    Height: 5ft 1"
    Appearance: Long, Black hair, Wears a WWII style pilot jacket
    Personality: fun, irritable, loves adventure
    Force Sensitive (Yes or No): A teensy bit
    Weapons: Blaster Pistol, Sniper Rifle
    Bio: Carrie is a theif, rougish girl who loves adventure, she was born to Sarah and Valton Handel, who she got bored of and ran off with a group of pirates, she stole a lancer-class pursuit craft from them and travelled the galaxy, she then bumped into the same pirates, who threatened to kill her unless she pays 100 million credits, this is why she is looking for the lost treasure, she also loved the idea of searching for it
    Goal (Why did they take up this quest? Do they have an agenda or alterior motive?): Loves a bit of adventure, Also, could possibly be in trouble with some gang and needs bail money
    [​IMG]

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone!

IC: Dr. Denis Alen
    The Borei

Denis stood, placing his hands on his hips as he watched the exchange between the Captain and the ship's…AI? Well, that was certainly an interesting development. He narrowed his eyes and snorted at the prospect. It even had enough audacity to single him out and scold him for his actions in the cargo hold. He didn't object to cleaning up the mess, of course, but it was amusing all the same. If time allowed, he would need to see if he could get close enough to study it, perhaps even pick its artificial brain in a one-on-one conversation. There was no telling what kind of secrets he may find. The only problem was the Captain; just how loyal were they to each other?

Inhaling deeply, his eyes shifted to the Captain as he reached up and ran a hand over his jawline. There was obviously some tension, particularly over the vacant cabins. A sore subject, perhaps? Had the Duros inadvertently lost some crew members along the way? He did seem rather young and…reckless. It was yet another matter worth investigating.

For now, he settled in for the long haul. He had a role to play, after all. They were off to Obroa-Skai to go digging through the Celebratus Archive. He smiled; it was his kind of deal.

"Any questions?" the Captain piped up after he was through arguing with the AI unit.

Denis quirked a brow, and again, sought out the other occupants of the room. This time, it was the young woman with the goggles who spoke first.

"No. Sounds like a plan to me, Captain," she stated, keeping a cheery disposition despite the gravity of the situation. "Do you mind if I check to see what, if any type of restrictions might be on the archive? I promise to be... discrete."

Well, that was something. Denis inclined his chin and studied the woman intently. He liked her attitude already, especially her penchant for discretion. There was something about how she said the word…

She must have noticed his stare, for she took that opportunity to meander over and offer a proper greeting. "Well, I've already met Rasi, but nice to meet ya, Mr. Denis. An Archaeology professor hmm? I'm Vee. My specialties is documents. If it's printed, I can read it." She grinned, no doubt proud of her accomplishments. "Looks like you came in, on the fun part of the ride."

He smiled at that last bit and extended a hand. "Nice to meet you, Vee," he said with sincerity, a playful glint evident in his eye. "It sounds like you have quite the resume. Scripts, hmm? We'll have to swap stories and compare notes sometime."

Denis lingered for a moment before turning to the Cathar. It was clear from his body language that he was still uncertain how to take the hulking brute. Still, he managed to remain civil. "Rasi, is it?" He scoffed as he looked the creature up and down. "I'm afraid I'm not all too familiar with your people, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. It's always nice to have a bit of muscle to watch your back."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422; Ktala; HunterPrime

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  17. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004

Rasi ears twitched as he listened to the girl speak. He would teach her to shoot new weapon. That was something he would enjoy. As he gave the idea some thought, he noticed the new person, what was his name, Denis? He turned his body towards the man, when the man began to address him. "Rasi, is it?" Rasi slowly nodded his head, as the man looked him up and down. He probably was not aware that such a look was usually not taken well. "I'm afraid I'm not all too familiar with your people, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. It's always nice to have a bit of muscle to watch your back." Well, the man was, what was name that girl Vee used? An Arch-something professor? rofessor was a word he understood. Smart. Book smart. Probably stayed in strange buildings most of his time, or on holonets. Rasi looked at the man, and then responded. "Yess. Rasi. I ammmm a Catharrr."

Rasi dark brown fur rippled as he spoke the name of his people, the tuffs of his ears pulled back. He gave a very slight smile, careful not to show too much teeth. "Annnd yes, I ammmm good bodyguard too." Rasi puffed up his chest a bit, as he pushed back one of his braids. Rasi then turned to look at the Captain once more. "Captain, if we arrrre to visit this Arrrchive, do you wissh mmmme to remmain on ship? Orrr perrrrhaps use mmmeee to keep the Immmmperials bussy and off trrrail?" Rasi smiled a bit wider then, as a few possible thoughts came to mind. Either way, it sounded more interesting than simply looking up information on whatever they needed from this place. Rasi made a note to hide his other weapons while on this ship. So far, this sounded like a good plan.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, Darth Ukendt, HanSolo29

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei, Common Room

Well, the Professor seemed friendly enough. He turned to address Vee. He smiled at that last bit and extended a hand. "Nice to meet you, Vee," he said with sincerity. "It sounds like you have quite the resume. Scripts, hmm? We'll have to swap stories and compare notes sometime."

Yep, yep. She could stand to do that. And while the Prof looked a little bit nervous around Rasi, he did talk to him. Rasi seemed pretty laid back about the entire exchange. Vee looked forward to the idea of Rasi showing her some extra with the new weapon she had recently 'acquired.'

Rasi also asked a question about what he should do while they were looking up the information on Obroa-Skai. She could not wait to get her hands on the Celebratus Archive. Vee looked over at Thallass. He had remained very quiet so far, even after they had asked a few questions. Whatever else happened on that station, it must have been bad. Vee then thought about those horrible pictures she still had on her comp.

She wanted to verify them, if nothing else. As she did not know what happened to the Stalker, she might have need of that information. She would just simply have to explore the symbols, and not what they were made from. She might have a program to extract the symbols. That would be good. Vee looked around the room. The tension felt
    a bit tight to her. She didnt know what she could say or do, in order to clear out the tensions. It made her feel funny, almost like when she was around Ari or Tanner. Vee tugged at her goggles, making a face. She then stood up. "Im hungry." she announced to the group. She then looked over at Thallass. "Are you going to give us any answers to
    the other questions we asked earlier? If yes, can we take this convo to the gallery area? 'Cause I dont know about everyone else, but maybe putting some food in our stomachs, will make us all feel a bit better. Even our passengers might be a bit hungry after all the stuff that happened."

Vee put her hands on her hips, offering a slight grin as she waited for a response.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, HunterPrime, HanSolo29

19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Borei

The young captain furrowed his brow, contemplating Vee said. “There’s not much to talk about.” he answered her request to move to the galley. “We’re dropping Tereez and her brothers off on Obroa-Skai their father is picking them up.”

Next he turned his attention “I don’t foresee having too many issues with the imps once we are on planet, we have permits and I think creating a distraction would make things worse not better. We want to go unnoticed not make too many waves. If you wish to remain on the ship, do what you want, I won’t stop you.” He looked at the floor, “There aren’t any warrants on you are there?” he asked raising his brow. “That might be a little bit of a deal breaker. We’ve had one run in with a Captain Rho outside of Ord Mantell that already puts more attention on us than I would like. Having a fugitive on board is going to make things worse.” He thought for another moment. “Maybe it would be best if you stayed on ship while we visit the Archive.” He said finally

“Speaking of which we will arrive there in about…” he stopped to check the chrono on his arm but, was beaten by Rei.

“Approximately 3 standard hours.”

“Thank you Rei.” the captain responded, “Do whatever you want to with that time. If you need anything ask Rei. I’m going back to the bridge. I’ll send our guests to the galley when they wake up.” With that he rose and left what remained of his crew sitting along in the common room.

Once safe on the command center of the ship, Thallass collapsed into the pilot’s chair looking out into the never ending blue whirlwind of hypersapce. It was calming, and somewhat hypnotic he soon found himself losing awareness of his surroundings. A sound from next to him shocked the boy out of his stupor. Looking over he thought for a moment he saw a magenta skinned Zeltron with a metal arm.

“Maya,” he said softly, soon his vision cleared to see Tereez, the bothan girl they helped out back on Trìewahl.

“Sorry,” she replied with a somewhat mournful smile. “I’m not her.”

Embarrassed Thallass shook his head. “It was my mistake,” he looked away awkwardly letting a smothering silence fall over the cockpit.

“Are…”

“Are…”

They both spoke simultaneously, stopping to let the other speak. Instead they both just looked away, wallowing in their discomfort.

“You…”

“You go…”

Now it was comical Tereez giggled a little to the side. Another beat passed and Thallass finally spoke up,

“Your brothers doing alright?”

“Oh…” She replied a little surprised, “They’re fine, still sleeping.”

“Are…” he swallowed hard. He didn’t know why but, for some reason he found it hard to speak around her, “Are you feeling alright?”

“Yea...Yeah, I should ask you the same?”

“I...I acted like an idiot. Now I’m paying for it.” As if to punctuate his words, his head throbbed with pain.

“You...we went through a lot of stuff. We’re all dealing with it I guess.”

“You’re dealing far better than me it seems.”

Tereez was quiet, shifting her weight a little in the co-pilot’s chair. Their old friend the awkward silence returned setting heavy on their shoulders. The minutes tick by like hours, making each heart beat feel like an eternity.

“Um…” Thallass spoke seeming to find some courage. “There’s food in the galley if you and your brothers want. I think the rest of the crew is back there as well.”

“Ah...maybe a little later…” Again she looked away moving that lock of white hair out of her eyes. “I’m not very hungry right now.”

“Yeah, I couldn’t think of eating right now, too nervous.”

“Same…” Tereez looked up to the swirling blue of hyperspace. “It must be nice getting to travel the stars, no one to tell you where to go. You can just pick a star and go to it.”

“It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. A lot can happen between your start and destination.”

“Well isn’t the best part of a trip the journey itself.”

“Some days but,” the boy looked at the ground feeling pain well up in his chest, “Maker everything’s gone sideways on this one. I really should just hang this up.” He sat back with a huff, “I’m no captain, no leader, I shouldn’t even be out here.” HIs gangly hands rub his eyes, “What am I even doing, following some old man’s journal, hoping he’s not a crazy as everyone says he is.”

The bothan gave him a worried glance. “I guess I didn’t really...I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

“It’s fine...I’m sure you’ve got your own problems, I’m sorry for venting like that.”

“No...no it’s...it’s just...I guess I’m nervous about seeing my dad again. It’s been like four years since I saw him last.Him and my mom didn’t end on good terms.”

“You’re still his daughter, he chose to go out of his way to pick you up. At least your dad did that.”

“Yeah only because he’s obligated to, he’s my closest living relative, he’s bound by laws, that’s the only thing that would get him to take me and my brothers back. We’re damaged goods to him now.”

“Are there any more living good parents in this galaxy?”

“It seems they’re in short supply.”

They sit in silence, this time for much longer, each turning over their lives in their heads. Both were trapped in situations the didn’t necessarily want to be in but, they couldn’t change the course. It was laid in and they were underway. Their only hope was that it didn’t turn out as bad as they thought it would be.

“Hey sis.” A little voice said from behind the pair, Tereez whipped her head around to see her two brothers. “We’re hungry.”

“Yeah” Corro added, “Starving.”

“Ok,” she gave them a warm smile, “We’ll get some food,” turning back to the Captain, “Where is the...Galley?”

“I’ll take you.” Thallass replied, rising from his chair. He lead the small family back through the ship to the dining area. What crew that chose to retire there shared a meal with the Captain and their passengers. Some light conversation was had. Tereez opened up a little about her family, her mother was divorced, and remarried to Vi’lan’s father. They had to leave their home when their planet was undergoing some sort of cataclysm and they had to evacuate. Her brothers mentioned catching up with their mother and father a little later. They said mom and dad were just on a different shuttle than them. Tereez just looked away a bit ashamed, then turned to them with a pained smile, reassuring them that they would reunite with their parents. Even Thallass could tell it was a lie, a lie to protect her brothers. Their mom and dad were dead, all they had were each other. Thallass thought that the brother’s knew, that they understood on some level that their loved ones weren’t coming back but, another part of them blocked it out for the sake of their happiness. The delusions one could tell themselves.

The three hours pass faster than any were expecting before they knew it they were landing in the main spaceport just outside of the Archive. Thallass met the crew dressed in his blast vest and oversized jacket that concealed his hold out blaster. The port itself was Imperial prefab as were many of the structures around it. However looming large over the entire area was an edifice made of white gleaming marble and stained glass. It had almost a religious feeling coming from it, with its vaulted roof and flying buttresses it looked like a cathedral. Even from the spaceport one was awed by it, Thallass couldn’t help staring at it, Tereez right next to him.

“It’s pretty.” she said,

“Ye...Yeah, it certainly is that.”

They descended the ramp of the Borei and first made a stop at the docking bay Tereez’s father docked in. It was a very impersonal, almost cold meeting. Her father was a tall austere looking man with steel grey fur. He was flanked by four armed guards, and many assistants. He said very little as Tereez walked close to him bowing her head. He gave a short nod in return then turned away demanding that the children follow him. Reluctantly and slowly they obeyed, Tereez taking just a little time to turn one final time to wave to Thallass and his crew that saved her brothers.

The captain hung his head and turned back around heading towards the Archive, they still had a job to do.

However as they were passing by their ship, they were intercepted by a woman, youngish in a black jacket and basic clothes. Her eyes lit up with recognition, she looked to the ship a battered CR-90 and the crew a motley bunch of humans and a Duros. It nearly matched the crew she was looking for, except the Duros should be old, much older than the teen that stood before her.

The clock was ticking, there was a gang of angry pirates breathing down her neck for a pile of credits. The captain of the gang, a Nalroni with a nasty disposition, had made the offer himself, and made the punishments very clear. She either pays up with credits, or she’d work it off, in the spice mines or, in slave labor on their ships, or any other number of tasks he could think up.

She needed in on this adventure and she thought she might have the right crew.

The only way Carrie Handel would know would be to ask.

TAG: Ktala HanSolo29 HunterPrime Darth Ukendt Master Vo'Un'Var

20. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC: Carrie Handel
    Near the Archives
    Carrie was in big trouble. She knew if she didn't get the money fast she was doomed. She had to find the team of adventurers looking for some old dude's treasure,Why did life have to be so difficult? She had seen a rag tag team of what looked to be adventurers just land.Carrie knew these were the people, Well, Hoped. All she needed to do was ask. Was that so difficult?
    Yes.
    It Was.
    For Carrie.
    She Could say this.
    "Helllll-o there I am Carrie, your helpful Adventure Advisor! You saw my ad on the Holonet?"
    Carrie did not like that Idea.
    Ah screw planning, Carrie never liked planning anything.
    "Hi, I am Carrie. Are you a team of adventurers that will get a heck ton of Credits? I am in a bit of a pickle, and I need some Credits."
    Carrie gave her most foolish grin.She hoped the team could see the determination in her eyes, after all, she was very determined to join the team.
    "Can I join?"
    Carrie had her fingers crossed behind her back, To be honest, She had expected something a little bit more... Dashing... than what was before her.
    "And when I say I need credits, I mean it, But I am picky about the way I earn it, so don't get any Ideas, Gents."
    Tags:Ktala HanSolo29 HunterPrime Darth Ukendt galactic-vagabond422 and anyone I missed who is present

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei, Common Room

“There’s not much to talk about.” Thallass replied to Vee's earlier question. “We’re dropping Tereez and her brothers off on Obroa-Skai their father is picking them up.” Vee nodded slowly. "Thats good. At least they have someone." she stated softly. Thallass turned away from her, to speak to Rasi.

“I don’t foresee having too many issues with the imps once we are on planet, we have permits and I think creating a distraction would make things worse not better. We want to go unnoticed not make too many waves. If you wish to remain on the ship, do what you want, I won’t stop you.”

Vee was going to ask Rasi a question, when Thallass continued on, but not looking at the large Cathar. “There aren’t any warrants on you are there?” he asked raising his brow. “That might be a little bit of a deal breaker. We’ve had one run in with a Captain Rho outside of Ord Mantell that already puts more attention on us than I would like. Having a fugitive on board is going to make things worse.” He thought for another moment.“Maybe it would be best if you stayed on ship while we visit the Archive.” He said finally.

WOW. Vee's jaw nearly dropped open. She quickly looked at Rasi, and then back at Thallass. That was pretty rude. Vee simply shook her head, and shrugged her shoulders as she looked over at Rasi and the Mr. Denis. Thallass and Rei then informed them that they would be arriving in about 3 hours. Thallass abruptly added, “Do whatever you want to with that time. If you need anything ask Rei. I’m going back to the bridge."

I’ll send our guests to the galley when they wake up.” With that, he left the common room. Vee watched him go.

WOW.

What did happen? If he was going to be this way the rest of the trip, this might not go well. Without Maya and the others.... Vee was wondering if this was about to become the standard. She thought really hard about going out and speaking with him, but since she didnt know what had happened, she thought she would give him a bit of space. At
    least until after this stop. After that, it might be time for a talk.

Vee turned to look at the others. "Well. THAT was informative now. So, guys, we got three hours to go. I plan to get some rest. But right now, Im going to go chow down. If you guys are hungry... you're welcome to come along. I might not be a class a cook, but I can burn a meal pretty well." With that, Vee grinned, and spun on her heel,
    heading for the galley. "Rei, I hoped you are well stocked in the food stuffs!" she called out cheerfully, as she made her way to the galley. Once there, Vee pulled her scarf back, pulling back her hair, and began to peek through the shelves, looking for what foodstock was available. She then began to pull down various foods, depending on
    who stayed behind, and make a meal. Nothing fancy, but enough to fill the belly.

"Shout of ya particular about what to eat." she called out, as she began to fill platters to sit out on a table.

Some time later, Thallass came to the galley. Vee hoped it was the smell of the food that finally drove them there, along with the folks they helped to rescue. Vee tried to be cheerful to them, as she tried to make them feel comfortable, and asking what they would like to eat. Vee actually liked to cook, and watch other beings eat. She
    found she could find out about folks, when watching them eat. And she was careful with her own meal, carefully choosing what things she could safely eat.

As those who stuck around to eat, Tereez told the crew her story of how she ended up on that spacestation, and now, heading for her fathers. It didnt sound very great, but at least it was something. That spacestation was not a healthy place. Perhaps it would afford them a new start. Afterwards, Vee went to her room and quietly closed the door.

She then sat on her bed, and called out to the ships computer. "Rei?" she called out softly, as she leaned over, checking on her poor plant. She had a small vial of water nearby, which she used to water the plant. It looked a bit
    better nowadays. She set the plant down gently. "Rei, does the place we're going to..the Archive, do they allow folks to access files over the holo-vid?" she asked them. Or are the files that we need, document only? Also, can you check to see if we need any type of special documents, in order to request seeing those documents?" Vee
    paused a moment, and then added... "How are you doing, Rei?"

---
    3 hours later....

Much later, the Borei was landing in the main spaceport just outside of the Archive. Thallass met the crew dressed in his blast vest and oversized jacket. Vee had her walking stick, Light green loose clothing, and if any were necessary, documents to get them where they might need to get access to the documents Thallass had mentioned
    earlier. Vee had pulled her goggles down tightly over her eyes, and was busy looking about. Vee waived to Rasi as they stepped out. Vee gave a soft whistle. While the place mostly looked pretty standard for Imperials stuff, the gigantic white structure made of what looked like marble and stained glass. It looked like an ancient type of church.

"Wow!" Vee muttered aloud.

Vee turned, to look at Mr. Denis. "You ever been to a place like this before?" she asked him softly, as they walked, following the Captain. She smiled. "Definitely hard to miss." she added with a wink.

After the crew walked down the ramp, they made a stop at another ship that seemed to be waiting. Another Bothan, male with grey fur stood there. And four armed guards. Wow. He must be into some credits! But he was not friendly. A tight bow of the head, was all he gave, as he turned to head back into his ship. Vee waved at the young woman. 'Good luck.' Vee thought to herself. They all turned and then headed for the Archive.

Vee noticed movement to their side, and froze, her had wrapped around her walking staff. She hope this was not ANOTHER being who had a issue with Thallass's grandfather. But it looked like a lone female. Vee raised an eyebrow, when the woman stepped closer.

"Hi, I am Carrie. Are you a team of adventurers that will get a heck ton of Credits? I am in a bit of a pickle, and I need some Credits." Carrie gave the group a really big grin. Vee simply blinked. Wow. Vee hoped she didnt sound that way the first time she had gone looking for a job. So what, did the old Captain send out a blanket job notice? GEEZEE!!! Letting EVERYONE know yer looking for treasure, real or not, Vee kinda though that they might have to be careful. But then again, she was not the captain. Vee looked at Carrie. Well, so far, she wasnt getting a bad feeling from the girl. So far.

"Can I join?" Carrie asked the group. "And when I say I need credits, I mean it, But I am picky about the way I earn it, so don't get any Ideas, Gents."

Vee snorted softly. "Yeeeah. Thanks for that. But maybe ya wanna talk to our Captain, and give us a clue about what it is you are supposed to be able to DO, if you wanna join us, Carrie?" Vee put her hands on her hips, while she had nodded towards Thallass. Well, this could be a good thing. Hopefully, the girl has a skill, other than

Tags: @HanSolo29, HunterPrime, Darth Ukendt, galactic-vagabond422, @Master Vo'Un'Var
    (and anyone else!)

22. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004

Rasi sat silent, as Captain Thallass spoke to the female called Vee. He was trying to think of ideas of what he could do, when he suddenly noticed that the young captain had turned to speak to him. “I don’t foresee having too many issues with the imps once we are on planet, we have permits and I think creating a distraction would make things worse not better. We want to go unnoticed not make too many waves. If you wish to remain on the ship, do what you want, I won’t stop you.” Well. That was okay with him. As long as they didnt anticipate any trouble, he certainlly would not make any. Rasi nodded in understanding. The next comments from the Captain however, made him step back a bit. “There aren’t any warrants on you are there?” he asked Rasi. Rasi's ears shot up in surprise. The young Captain didnt have the courrage to even look at him. “That might be a little bit of a deal breaker. We’ve had one run in with a Captain Rho outside of Ord Mantell that already puts more attention on us than I would like. Having a fugitive on board is going to make things worse.” Captain Rho? Who was this Captain Rho? Was it an earlier crew member? But before Rasi could even answer to that insulting question, the young Captain added, “Maybe it would be best if you stayed on ship while we visit the Archive.” And then the Captain turned away from him, informing the others that they would arrive in about three hours.

Then the Captain left. That was it. Rasi's ears had gone down flat in irritation, as his fur bristled. He then slowly turned his head, looking at the other crew members. His honor was at stake. He slowly spoke to the others. "I havvve nnnno warrrrents. Nnno trouble. Legaaal with guild. Rrrregistered." Rasi's fangs showed slightly, as he snorted loudly. He didnt know who this Captain Rho was, but he would have liked to have punched the being in the face. Because now, he was being chided for anothers actions. Fine. It would give him plenty of time to check his equipment. This part was not his mission. Let the Captain take care of it. The man didnt ask any questions while he was saving his ungreatful carcas. The voice of the young female, Vee made Rasi turn his head. "Well. THAT was informative. So, guys, we got three hours to go. I plan to get some rest. But right now, Im going to go chow down. If you guys are hungry, you're welcome to come along. I might not be a class a cook, but I can burn a meal rettywell." With that statement, the young female headed for the galley. Rasi gave a small growl of frustration, as he stood up, and followed the young girl. She always seemed happy. He wondered if she was naturally that way or chemically induced. Either way, she was better to be near, than the Captain. At least at the moment. So he followed her. Eating was a good thing. Being around so many other beings, Rasi had gotten used to cooked meats. But he did managed to snag a few nerf stakes, and with some vegetables, he decided to eat his meal away from the others. His ears hung down, as he took a table near the wall. When Thallass came back into the galley, along with the people that Rasi had helped to rescue, his fur stood on end, but he said nothing, turning away and playing close attention to the food on his plate. Once he had finished, he stood up and silently left the room, heading back for his room. He would sleep until the they arrived.

Later....

Rasi came to the main area where the others would be departing. He ignored Thallass, instead scanning the area outside of the landing ramp, as the others stood ready to depart the ship. He scanned the area just outside of the ship. There were a few other ships docked nearby in the spaceport. Rasi could guess the large white strange building was where the others were heading. As they left the ship, Rasi noticed the young female wave in his
    direction. He simply nodded his head in reply. He waited until the others had gone, before he went to a table back in the common area and looked around. The strange ships computer would probably tell him if something happened. He found a reflective surface to stare at. He had removed most of his weapons, while onboard. He found it tended to make other beings nervous when he wore all of his weapons. Unless they were someplace they KNEW was dangerious. Then, they seemed happy. Sometimes. Pink skins were strange. With a soft snort, he began to re-arrange the way he carried his weapons, hidding them within the clothing he chose to wear. Since the Captain had been so vague, he was not sure what his role was to be. So he would need to be flexible. At least that other annoying human was not along. The one with the light stick. Rasi looked at the path the light stick had burned off his fur, his hand tracing the path for a moment, before he went back to work, re-arranging his weaponry. Rasi understood sometimes it was better to not show your hand all at once.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, HanSolo29, @Darth Ukendt, Ktala
    (Master Vo'Un'Var) and anyone else!

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Obroa-Skai

They young duros captain looked to the human woman in front of him head quirking a little as she introduced herself.

Carrie Handel seemed friendly enough but, the thing that peaked his interest was the fact she was in trouble and needed credits. With what he just told Rasi he wasn't really in the mood to bring more heat down on himself. Then there was her quip about being 'picky'. The young man's face soured. His grandfather taught him better than that. However it might have been more common for crews she'd been with. Her saying it without being prompted spoke to previous experience in this sort of situation. He also cursed his grandfather under his breath.

'Did he have to cast such a wide net.' He thought as Vee pressed the newcomer for more information. Thallass crossed his arms waiting for a reply.

"I'd be interested in hearing what you can do," he added, "I'm…I'm the captain of this venture and right now…" he looked off to the side making the empty spaces around him, "right now we could use a few more good hands particularly in the piloting department but, we could also use a little more muscle if that's more of what you can do." He didn't want to assume but, by the look of her she didn't strike him as a bounty hunter. Possibly a slicer, or a smuggler maybe, a professional or trying to portray themselves as one, given how she specified how she got her money.

"I'd also like to know what kind of trouble you're in and if it's going to come to bite us? We've got enough trouble following us at this moment."

TAG:Master Vo'Un'Var Ktala HanSolo29 Darth Ukendt

Ktala and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Obroa-Skai

Well. It speaks!

After Vee asked the girl Carrie what it was she could do, the CAPTAIN finally spoke up.

"I'd be interested in hearing what you can do," he added, "I'm…I'm the captain of this venture and right now…" he looked off to the side before continuing. "Right now we could use a few more good hands particularly in the piloting department but, we could also use a little more muscle if that's more of what you can do."

Vee smirked at that one. She would bet that Rasi would not agree. But, it couldnt hurt. He then continued. "I'd also like to know what kind of trouble you're in and if it's going to come to bite us? We've got enough trouble following us at this moment."

Ooo. Good question. But trouble? Is he talking about the goons from earlier? They might be a pain, but they probably wont step back up. Not until they are sure that they either find something, or dont. Either way, not real trouble. Not after that LAST bit with the Slasher. Vee shook her head, to clear the memory for now. Instead she looked over at the Professor. She simply grinned, while waiting for the girl to respond. Normally, she would have split off by now, but without Rasi as muscle backup, or Maya, she figured she better stick around. To tell the truth, she was eager to get to the library.

So much to read.

Vee bounced on her toes, while she waited for a response.

Tags: HanSolo29, Darth Ukendt, galactic-vagabond422, Master Vo'Un'Var

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Dr. Denis Alen
    Obroa-Skai

The journey to Obroa-Skai was non-eventful, and soon, they were standing before the grand Archive building. It was an elegant structure with high, sloping walls and a pristine white exterior. Everything was overlaid in marble, a gaudy detail which actually complimented the intricate ornamentation that adorned its parapets. Denis had visited similar landmarks in the past, but no matter how many times he frequented them, nothing could take away the thrill of seeing one in-person for the first time. Celebratus certainly had that effect on him.

The woman, Vee, was having a similar reaction as she strolled up to his side. “Wow!” she exclaimed with awe."You ever been to a place like this before?"

Denis turned and smiled, trying to appear as nonchalant as possible. “I have seen a few, yes,” he confessed with honesty. “I’ve found that they all have their own unique personalities. At the very least, it keeps my job interesting.”

While the building was a true work of art, and he appreciated it for that fact alone, Denis refrained from revealing his true feelings on the matter – he was in it for the thrill and not the research. The less time he spent confined to a library, the better. The thought of sifting through these archives for hours on end was akin to torture. But it was a necessary evil if he expected to be paid…and to satisfy his clients.

Before he could dwell on his endgame further, the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as a woman with long, dark hair intercepted the group. She carried a rare sense of confidence about her as she approached the Captain and freely introduced herself as Carrie. She wasted no time and went straight for the point by expressing her desire to join their quest for the treasure. She even had the audacity to add a veiled threat to the end of her proposal…

Something…didn’t seem right about her. Denis narrowed his eyes and scrutinized her closely as his hand tightened around the strap of his travel bag. Through his travels, he had dealt with enough unsavory characters to recognize the early signs of trouble. And in this case, she fit all the hallmark traits of a mercenary. He should know; he was considered one himself. Was she trying to impede on his territory, or was there something more nefarious going on?

Then again, maybe he was just being overly paranoid…

Whatever the case, he would need to keep a close watch on this one…if the Captain even accepted her company, of course. Right now, the Duros was busy putting her through the paces by questioning her motives. Even Vee decided to join the game. That would do for now, but he may need to do his own homework at some point, if only to give him some peace of mind.

As he turned his gaze back to the Archive building, he caught Vee’s eye. The young woman was watching him with a grin on her face, no doubt curious to hear his opinion on recent developments.

He sighed and took a step closer. When he spoke, it was loud enough so that only Vee could hear. “I don’t trust her,” he said bluntly. “There’s something about her…” He shook his head gently as he tried to explain, but realized that it would be difficult to do so without revealing everything. Instead, he opted to remain vague. “I’ve seen it before…”

In this case, he hoped he was right to trust his instincts.

TAG: Ktala; galactic-vagabond422; Master Vo'Un'Var; HunterPrime; Darth Ukendt