main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Carrie Handel
    Obra-Skai

" I'm not a bad pilot me self,"
    Carrie Replied immediately, but hearing the next questions she frowned.
    "um... The Trouble shouldn't follow you... Er... They just need some credits... Er... I mean, pirates are pirates, Right?"
    Carrie looked at the crew that she thought she could tag along with to earn the credits she needed, was this Darth Malmum dude even real? Carrie had been in trouble, but never this much trouble, she hesitated, but then she rudely blurted a thought in her head
    "Um... Do you guys have any idea where the treasure even is?"
    Oops... They probably didn't, Carrie had been irritated by the snarky human... she thought the person, Vee, was kinda weird, she looked annoyed by Carrie, well, that ain't my problem, Carrie thought, and the captain, Hmm, he seemed okay, but Carrie still wasn't sure, and the doctor dude, huh, whispering away, whispering? Carrie remembered her mother saying it was rude to whisper in front of people. Oh well, she just waited for the captain to reply.

Tags- galactic-vagabond422 HanSolo29 Ktala Darth Ukendt

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Obroa-Skai

"I'm not a bad pilot me self," Carrie replied, drawing a nod from the young captain. It would take some stress off him having to pilot the ship and chart the course, though in the back of his mind he knew Rei was going to have some issues with him bringing another person onboard without proper vetting.

Speaking of vetting,

"Um... The Trouble shouldn't follow you... Er... They just need some credits... Er... I mean, pirates are pirates, Right?" Thallass's face soured, first the Empire now Pirates, this was getting worse. He was about to reply when Carrie interrupted him. "Um... Do you guys have any idea where the treasure even is?"

His mouth closed and he fiddled with the goggles hanging around his neck. "Well…Um…Yeah," he replied with teenage bravado. "Sort of," he continued quieter than before, "There's a clue in there." He pointed to the Archive standing tall behind them. It loomed over the skyline a white bastion looking like something out of an old tale, something from even before the old republic. "We're looking for the journal of Ibit At'tua an old Caamasi explorer. Our research tells us that there's something written in the book that can lead us to the treasure." Well it wasn't his or even our research, it was his grandfather's. However he chose not to share that with her.

"Back to the matter at hand, Pirates?" he asked quirking his head, "Do you have a price on your head, am I going to have to contend with bounty hunters now too? Are you sure they're not going to come and find us, take my ship, take my crew, to pay your debt?" He pinched the bridge of his nose, running all the worst possibilities through his mind. "How much trouble are you in, how badly do you need this money?" Part of him was telling him to turn her away, to leave her to her own devices, without care to the consequences. It was her mess she should have to bear the burden alone, not rope him and his crew into it all.

However, he just couldn't do that. He knew how vicious pirates could be, and he didn't want to think about what they would do to her if she didn't pay up. He didn't want that on his head. If he turns her away, would she get the money she needs, would another crew take her? No, he could be her only hope to pay them back.

He looked back to the crew he had with him, then to the woman that stood before him.

"Alright come on." He told Carrie as he began walking toward the Archive. He gave a look over his shoulder watching another ship take off and fly over him. By his understanding it was the ship carrying Tereez and her brothers. Another person he could have turned away.

He looked over his shoulder at the rest of the crew,

"Come on, burning daylight." He called out waving his hand to have the rest of them follow him.

It was a long walk from the port to the towering and imposing Celebratus Archive. On the way the crew, Carrie included, passed by patrol after patrol of stormtroopers. It was odd, the Imperial Army should be doing those, this planet was already subjugated with no history of rebel activity. Was it possible that they feared the Archive, feared what could be found?

Stopping at the base of the stairs leading up to the front entrance, Thallass looked up. It was impressive from afar, up close, it reflected the light of the sun, it's rays glinting off the stained glass. Flanking the large door that looked to be the main entrance were two statues, one a scholar with many scrolls and books held under his arms. The other was defaced, marred to the point of being unrecognizable. All that could be made out was that the figure wore a robe, and held something tightly in its hands. It looked like it might have been holding a sword or a lightsaber. However one couldn't be sure the rest of the statue was chipped and broken obviously on purpose to hide the identity of it.

Streams of people walked in and out of the archive each seeming like a small dots on the grand staircase that led up to one of the Wonders of the Galaxy.

Thallass swallowed hard before beginning the march up the steps.

They were perfectly crafted of white marble, though seemingly well worn by the many feet that walked them every day. It did no good to try and count them one would lose track after a while but, eventually the crew makes it to the top.

Now the Archive looms over all of them, tall and proud still shining in the morning sun. The young captain pressed on his legs aching a little from the long walk. At the door were two troopers in white armor watching every being that passed by. They didn't seem to be stopping anyone, or checking for anything, they were just there to remind everyone that the Empire was in control here.

Thallass passed between them keeping his head low. Once inside he looked up to see a vaulted stone roof with shelves that reached all the way up, filled to the brim with data disks and other data storage. Each item seemed to glow blue in the light cast by the tall stained glass window that let the light through. Droids flitted about moving from shelf to shelf following whatever orders they had been given. They looked to be about the size of child's stuffed animal and hovered on repulsers. The ones closer to the ceiling looked to be nearly microscopic given the sheer vastness of the space.

Just a few steps ahead was a large reception desk, two females, one human the other mon cal, sat greeting beings as they entered. Behind them was an imperial officer dressed in a grey uniform, blaster pistol at her hip. Off to the side of the desk, a human male dressed in a green sweater with a nerfhide satchel over his shoulder, seemed to be arguing with an Elomin woman in smart crisp robes.

Thallass approached a little bewildered by the amount of things and the sea of cases set before him. As he moved closer he began to hear what the man was saying.

"I am Dr. Bekar Jan," the man started in a prim and proper Imperial accent. "Classics Professor at Imperial University, please check your records, I scheduled a time to look over your ancient Taung writings."

"I have looked," The Elomin snapped, "And you sir are not in our records."

"Mam' please, These writings are vital…"

"Come back when your paperwork is in order sir." The woman said gesturing towards the large doors that led out.

The man's face soured as he shook his head "My paper work is in order. The Dean of my department…"

"Then take it up with them."

As the conversation died down, the young captain approached the desk.

"How can we help you sir." The mon cal started,

"Well, I'm looking for a book, a journal."

"What's the name?"

"I…I don't know the name but, it's the journal of Ibit At'tua?"

With a precise turn of her head the elomin looked at Thallass with a harsh glare.

"And you would be?" she said with a cold edge in her voice.

"Um…do I need an appointment?"

"To read that yes, it is very old and brittle, you need to know how to handle it." She looked him up and down scowling a little. "You hardly look to be a scholar, or have any experience with caring for old texts."

"I may not be but,"

"Doesn't matter, you do not have an appointment I will not let you see that book, now please leave the archives." She returned her attention back to Bekar Jan, "You as well sir, come back when you have a proper appointment."

Thallass turned but, the professor remained continuing to argue his point.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a little furred being gesturing for him to come closer. The young captain looked to the rest of his crew then to the drall currently calling him over.

Eventually the diminutive being got tired and walked over to the group.

"I can help you." He said in a soft tone looking up at the rest of the group. "I know where the journal is. I can get you a look at it."

Thallass looked at his group, then at the drall, then to the desk over his shoulder. He seemed paralyzed with choice. Should he listen to the being offering to help, try talking to the lady behind the desk, or just leave?

Right now he didn't know what to do, and could use some help.

At the same time his Comlink chirped. He pulled it from his belt.

"What," he answered with mounting annoyance

"Thallass, Imperials are requesting to board." She replied, loud enough for the others to hear. There was a subtle tension in her voice, under the simulated speech, something like...fear.

"What?"

Everything was going so very, very wrong.

TAG: Master Vo'Un'Var HanSolo29 Ktala Darth Ukendt

The on board AI watched as Thallass and the crew that chose to go to the archives left her. She couldn't help slicing into the nearest sensors to keep an eye on them. Was she worried for them after what happened on Trìewahl? She did lose two of her crew at the last stop, and it was her duty to look after the crew, to make sure they were cared for, and well. Rei noted a woman stopping the group and talking to them.

She captured the image and began run facial recognition, seeing if they were dangerous. However her search was limited. She didn't want to being more attention to her crew, attention that would come with breaking into the Imperial Criminal database. She could however check the bounty hunters' guild. However she was only part way thought her search when she noticed a squad of stormtroopers lead by an officer making their way toward the ship.

The officer was familiar, tall broad shouldered with a bit of blonde hair sticking out from under his cap. She knew this officer, what was he doing here?

"Corvette Borei, this is Captain Tiberius Rho, I have a warrant to conduct a thorough search of this vessel. You are hereby ordered to immediately submit to a scan of this ship."

"Mr. Rasi," She called out to the Cathar, her pitch just a little different from how she normally sounded. "Captain Tiberius Rho of the VSD Indefatigable is ordering us to allow him to scan me. He has a detachment of stormtroopers with him. I am trying to hail Thallass as I speak but, you may need to talk to them. I cannot reveal my existence to them."

TAG: HunterPrime

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Obroa-Skai, the Archive

Vee listened, but kept an eye open around the group while she listened. So the new girl called herself a pilot? Oh, that should be something good then. But then Thallass got the answer to his other question. The one about trouble following her.

"Um... The Trouble shouldn't follow you... Er... They just need some credits... Er... I mean, pirates are pirates, Right?" Vee saw Thallass's face took on a weird look, right before Carrie interrupted him. "Um... Do you guys have any idea where the treasure even is?"

'.. Oh, dont do it... dont do it...', Vee thought to herself, as Thallass's mouth opened and shut. He suddenly began to fidgit. "Well…Um…Yeah," he replied, and then lowered his voice. "Sort of," he continued quieter than before, "There's a clue in there." He pointed to the Archive building. He then told her what they were looking for.

"REALLY?!?!??!?" Vee nearly shouted in her mind. Gee, shout it out to everyone, why dont you. That way, we will have to beat anyone ELSE looking for the treasure as well. Vee crossed her arms in front of her, as she tugged on an end of her goggles. Thallass then asked asked Carrie about the pirates, or if she had a price on her head. Vee smirked. That would be funny as snart. Especially with a bounty hunter on board. At least now, Thallass was asking right questions. He then suddenly made a decision.

"Alright come on." Thallass announced as he began walking toward the Archive. He looked over his shoulder at the rest of the crew,"Come on, burning daylight." He called out waving his hand to have the rest of them follow him. Vee looked over towards the 'Professor.' She nodded her head. "Oh, what fun." she stated lightly. On the way towards
    the Archives, they passed patrol after patrol of stormtroopers. "Sure are a lot of troops about." Vee commented to no one in general, as they walked, sticking near the professor.

Stopping at the base of the stairs leading up to the front entrance, Thallass looked up. Vee paused, looking at the massive structure. She noticed of the two statues that stood up front, one was heavily damaged. Interesting. Even coudlnt believe the amount of people going in and out of the place. And the doors. They were massive! Vee could imagine all the lovely documents this place held. She had done some research, before they had reached the place. The document they were looking for, was listed in a special category.

Vee whistled softly, as they began to climb the staircase. It was so beautiful, Vee nearly lost herself. And they had not even made it inside yet. Eventually, they reached the top of the staircase. Such a beautiful, peaceful scene. Too bad, it was ruined. At the door were two troopers in white armor watching every being that passed by. Well, at least they werent being a pain. Vee simply followed the others inside.

Inside, Vee stopped and looked up. Vaulted stone roof with shelves that reached all the way up, filled to the brim with data disks and other data storage. Each item seemed to glow blue in the light cast by the tall stained glass window that let the light through. Vee was nearly beside herself. It was a documentors heaven!!!! So many beautiful things. So much reading. She would have to remember this place.

In front of them lay a huge reception desk, two females, one human the other mon cal, sat greeting beings as they entered. Behind them was an imperial officer dressed in a grey uniform, blaster pistol at her hip. Off to the side of the desk, a human male dressed in a green sweater with a nerfhide satchel over his shoulder, seemed to be arguing with an Elomin woman in smart crisp robes. He was arguing with the woman about needing proper paperwork. This was true. Vee had read that they would need documents. This place seemed to be horrible strict. You had to prove that you were certified from the Archive to handle rare and aged objects, or that you have an appointment to have access to the text, or have an appointment with an Archivist to so that they may handle the object for you while you look through it. Thank goodness Vee had checked earlier. Vee was standing next to the Professor. Vee looked over at the Professor. "I think we can handle this..." she stated softly.

Thallass approached the desk. And did what he did best. Muck things up more! The clerk was quick to respond to his hesitantly. "Doesn't matter, you do not have an appointment I will not let you see that book, now please leave the archives." Vee wondered why they had to leave. Was not the rest of the Archives open to the public?

Meanwhile, the tiny alien who had been trying to get Thallass attention, finally decided to walk over to them. "I can help you." He said in a soft tone looking up at the rest of the group. "I know where the journal is. I can get you a look at it." Before they could even process that statement, Rei called. "Thallass, Imperials are requesting to board." Vee sighed. What? Why now? And more importantly, how would Rasi react? Oh, this just got better and better.

Vee looked over at the professor, pulling down her goggles, and giving him a wink. She then stepped over towards Thallass. "Captain, I suggest you and the others get back to the ship. Because Im pretty sure that a certain someone is not going to like the intrusion. Let the Professor and me take care of this. Besides, not unless you can read Camassi, I doubt it would do you any good, anyway." Vee reasoned.

TAG: Master Vo'Un'Var, HanSolo29, galactic-vagabond422 , Darth Ukendt

4. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Ryen Rasi
    Obroa-Skai Spcaeport

As the crew departed from the ship, Rasi continued arraging his armor pack. It also allowed him time to explore the ship. He didnt open any closed doors, he simply walked about, trying to get a better feel for the ship. It was a known fact that some paranoid Captains bobbytrapped their vessels. He didnt think the kid would do it. But he had to get the ship from someone. And that someone, probably did. "Mr. Rasi," Rasi twitched his ears and he stopped in the middle of a hallway. It was the ships computer. What did the Captain call her? The ships name was the Borei. She sounded strange, different. "Yess?" he responded, surprised that the vessel had even decided to speak to him.

"Captain Tiberius Rho of the VSD Indefatigable is ordering us to allow him to scan me. He has a detachment of stormtroopers with him. I am trying to hail Thallass as I speak but, you may need to talk to them. I cannot reveal my
    existence to them." That was an unusual statement. Be he was not going to question it. At least not now. Rasi gave a deep chuckle. Thallass had ordered him to stay on the ship, in order to keep him away from any Imperial
    attachments. So the Imperials had come to him. Rasi nodded. "Finne. I speak with themmmm. Where commmlink? Thennn you reach Thallass while I trrrry to buyyy yyyou timmmme. To hide." Rasi walks to the area that Rei sends him to, and flicks the switch to speak to the Imperials outside. He gives a loud yawn. "Yessss? Who issss thisss? You want to sssspeak with Captain? He isss in big white building. You need to ssspeak with himmm." Rasi waited for a reply. Imperials were difficult to read sometimes. Especially when speaking with aliens. But they worked with Bounty Hunters all the time. May be useful. But why were the Imperials so interested in this ship? He would have to find out later. Oh yes, there would be a talk.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.