main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei - Common Room

It was not looking good.

Uriel seemed ok with Vee's response, but he remained quiet. The three were busy dealing with Thallas sobbing while Maya tried to comfort him, and Ari and Tammer working on Falkirk, who's face was a dusky gray while he tried to breathe.

Rei didnt respond to Vee's question, but she did hear Thallas respond to Maya, who was trying to keep the boy's mind off of his grandfather. “You've helped with the route, right? D'you know what we'll be doing first?"

Vee heard him say “Valrar,” before Falkirk suddenly got worse. The 2-1B looked down at the two beings laying hands on its patient. “If it is an acute myocardial infarction,” he started in a cold mechanical tone, “We must move him to the infirmary immediately and begin a percutaneous coronary intervention, post haste.” It took a step closer, “We must find and break up the blood clot in either his right coronary artery or his left coronary artery or, soon... his heart will cease to function.”

Okay. So he had a blockage in his heart. That sounded bad. Real bad. Could Tanner and Ari handle that? The little droid then knelt down injecting the humanoid with something, “I’ve administered a blood thinner. However if his symptoms are this severe, it will do little to prolong his life. It is my medical opinion that we move Captain Falkirk to the infirmary on Deck One and begin the procedure, the longer we wait, the greater the risk of death, from complications... if not the attack itself.”

Before Vee could even suggest they quickly move him, the ship's intercom interrupted.

“JUST SAVE HIM!” The voice was loud, piercing, and, resounding throughout the ship, a shriek. Thallass covered his ears. Vee's eyes crossed. Vee reeled back into the wall, as she got slammed with another strong pulse of emotions, her mind struggled to calm itself, as the whispers returned, along with the pain. She fought down a wave of nausa. 'Oh Force'.. she muttered in another language. Where did THAT come from?

Wait.. did .. what..? Was that the SHIP?!! .. Was that..

Rei?

No. No, it coudlnt be.

Could it?

Vee pushed that thought as far away from her mind as she could. All her emotions, she shoved away, locking them down tightly. She needed to focus. Breathe, Rue. Stay calm. Flowing waters. Yes. Breathe. Now, go to work. Vee opened her eyes, and noticed that Uriel was gone. In truth, there was nothing he could do. He seemed too easy to take defeat. Would not help in keeping the boy calm. But she hoped he would not try something ... well, stupid. His early comments about Rei were worrisome, but right now, if Falkirk died - well, that would be even MORE troubles. Trouble they did not need. But right now, Vee was trying to make sense, but there was simply too much going on at the moment, and not enough time to process it. Vee pushed herself away from the wall, and walked over to where Maya and Thallass were. "Thallass." Vee called his name, but he was not paying attention. She frowned, calming herself, and then with a bit more force, she called his name once more.

"THALLASS!" She looked down at the boy. She wasnt trying to be mean, but she needed him focused. "Is there a stretcher, so we can get him to the Infirmary? We need to move quickly." She paused a moment, and then asked. "You might need to see what planet is closest to our position, if we need more medical than what is on this ship. Can you do that?" she asked him, while digging her fingers back into her palms. In truth, she was about ready to break down, but she didnt have time for it. She would save that for later. Now, she needed focus. Like when she was working. So that is where she sent her mind.

She turned, looking around the room. The table would work if nothing else. She then called out.. "REI! Is there a stretcher round here? We need to move Falkirk quickly!"

Vee ground her teeth together tightly. Hopefully she would get an answer. If not, she would have to get them moving. The droid was right. Falkirk needed to get into the infirmary.

NOW.

TAG: AbsolX, GrimdarkRose, galactic-vagabond422, Darth Ukendt, Uriel Manteroni, Matthew_Walker1383

2. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Pull the force from around the room towards the heart," Ari said, instructing Tanner. "It's like a force push, but the heart wont need any direction"

"Oh yeah, exactly like a force push. Except this is like performing open heart surgery using magic powers rather than a medical droid" Tanner thought. As Tanner started to focus his mind, Ari gave one more piece of advice.
    "Also, forget any of that Jedi crap 'bout banishing your emotions . Any extra will be useful". Now this Tanner liked. He was never one for following the Jedi code.

And with that, he began to focus his mid. He closed his eyes, and felt the Force flow through the room. It ebbed back and forth, from life form to life form. Using his mind, Tanner reached out to the waves of the Force, manipulating and twisting them to move through Falkirk's chest, and into his heart. Tanner started letting his emotions leak through into his mind. Drip feeding his emotions to his sub-conscious, he diverted the Force towards Diomeade.

To Tanner, the whole world seemed to fade away. He still felt the panic, the urgency and the despair, but he entered almost a semi-conscious state. All the screams and shouts faded. However, one voice stabbed through all that.

"JUST SAVE HIM" Rei shouted. The words seemed to resonate longer than they should of. Almost immediately after, Tanner felt a sharp stab of pain in the back of his mind. It didn't debilitate him or knock his concentration, but it worried Tanner. It felt as if it was sent through the Force.

In his half conscious state, tanner heard a door slide open and slide shut, someone talking about someone, it was all a blur. At one point, he heard the word "Jedi". Either they were discussing when they could hand in two new Force users to the Empire, or Tanner is going to have to break some hearts and tell everyone that he is not, in fact, a Jedi. But he would worry about that later. Right now he concentrated on brining the Force from around the room to Falkirk's heart. He just hoped that this would work.

TAG: @AbsolX @Matthew_Walker1383 @GrimdarkRose @Ktala @galactic-vagabond422, @Darth Ukendt

3. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: The Borei:
    Ari was focusing on channeling the force so intently her brain switch off most of the sensory reseptors when't to a state of statis. When the med droid was speaking she could make out the words 'blood cot' and 'imirary'. Then suddenly a female's screem of "JUST SAVE HIM" broke through her state of force meditation. A sharp pain shot in the back of her head, causing her to grab it. She could never do force tasks under pain or confusion well. This pain wasnt from nerve overreaction and seem to come from the force. 'Puzzling', but whaterver she had more pressing matters at hand. She broke out intime to hear Vee say "We need to move Farlik quickly," Asuming she meant the infirmary, she nuged Tanner to break him out of focus. "Get up and help me carry Farlik by the legs to the imfirmary. Then we can contuine from both fronts," She walked over to Farlik's head and scooped him up by his arms. "Show me were to go," she said to the doird.

4. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Common Room, the Borei

“Valrar,” Thallass said, and started crying. “He’s gonna die, Maker, he’s gonna die,” Maya felt his grief, or maybe it was her own, and a sob escaped her. Thallass tried to crawl to his grandfather, and Maya let him get closer, unsure of what to do.

"No, he's not. We have a medical droid, an AI and two Jedi. Jedi are superbeings. Jedi can do anything." Her voice cracked on the last word. She gave up on conversation and awkwardly hugged the taller boy from the side, murmuring reassurances and offering what telepathic comfort she could provide. She looked around, not finding any of the reassurance she - and Thallass - desperately needed. Tanner had entered some kind of trance, Ari was looking stressed and Doc-Vee was somehow in pain. Maya had a strange feeling she knew exactly what kind. She had been far enough away and focused enough on Thallass to partly block out the elder Falkirk's pain, but now it crashed onto her senses like a ton of bricks, along with Tanner's distress and the panic of the whole crew. She thought she heard a door, and Manteroni's resigned voice. Manteroni was... Son of a Sith, have you any soul at all? Your friend is dying, and you're just abandoning us!

"JUST SAVE HIM!” Rei's cry was silently echoed by Thallass, and Maya took a deep breath, anchoring herself. We will, Rei, Thallass, we will.

“I’ve administered a blood thinner. However if his symptoms are this severe, it will do little to prolong his life. It is my medical opinion that we move Captain Falkirk to the infirmary on Deck One and begin the procedure, the longer we wait, the greater the risk of death, from complications... if not the attack itself.” Not good, and did medical droids really need to be this loud? She wasn't sure if the younger Falkirk had heard, but she doubted the droid's words had reassured him.

"THALLASS!" That was Doc-Vee, who seemed to have recovered. "Is there a stretcher, so we can get him to the Infirmary? We need to move quickly." She paused a moment, and then asked. "You might need to see what planet is closest to our position, if we need more medical than what is on this ship. Can you do that?" Maya winced. Was this really the best time? She mouthed Ask Rei? Bad time now. to the human. She wasn't sure if Doc-Vee had seen, but she seemed to be talking to the AI. Good.

Then Ari spoke up again. "We need to move Farlik quickly, Get up and help me carry Farlik by the legs to the imfirmary. Then we can continue from both fronts," She walked over to Farlik's head and scooped him up by his arms. Maya looked at Tanner. The human seemed strong enough for something like that, and Jedi were supposed to be superbeings. This Jedi boy could surely manage the weight.

Maya glared at Jedi-boy and Doc-Vee, then indicated towards their dying Captain and Ari. She had no medical skills and little physical strength to speak of - she'd only slow them down. She stood up and helped Thallass to his feet, not entirely letting go of the Duros just yet. She knew how it felt to lose someone close to you, and if they couldn't do anything... well, she wasn't about to let anyone else go through that alone. "See?"she whispered, as much to herself as to Thallass "We'll save him."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Matthew_Walker1383, Ktala

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Common Room, The Borei, In Hyperspace

"THALLASS!" Vee shouted, the boy’s head snapped up, he could feel Maya’s arms, flesh and metal around him, a calm feeling had started to enter his mind, "Is there a stretcher, so we can get him to the Infirmary? We need to move quickly."

He tried to form words but none came, his chin quivered and his vocal cords squeaked.

“That would be impossible.” The medical droid said, saving Thallass from having to speak. “The lift in this ship is not designed to accommodate a being of Captain Falkirk’s physical stature while laid out on a litter.”

"You might need to see what planet is closest to our position,” Vee continued, “if we need more medical than what is on this ship. Can you do that?" Thallass’s breathing quickened as more tears flowed form his eyes.

He went to shake his head but, Rei startled him into stopping,

“Valrar is our only option,” the ship called out, “Rustibar is under martial law and the Zabraks of Iridonia won’t help us.”

"REI!” Vee shouted, “Is there a stretcher round here? We need to move Falkirk quickly!"

“As I said before,” The 2-1B stated, “that is not possible, the lift…”

"Get up,” Ari said to Tanner cutting the droid off, “and help me carry Falkirk by the legs to the infirmary. Then we can continue from both fronts,” As she moved to grab the arms, Tanner shifted to the legs lifting up the pain stiffened body of their captain.

"See?" Maya whispered to Thallass, "We'll save him." His tears continued to stream from his eyes wetting the shoulder of her shirt. He put his arms around her looking for some sort of comfort. Through his anguish he managed to form words,

“He’s all I’ve got.”

"Show me were to go," Ari commanded to the droid.

“While I’d advise against this…” The 2-1B started,

“Just get him to the infirmary.” Rei’s voice sailed over the chaos, stopping the metal doctor in its tracks.

“Yes Miss Rei,” it replied, with as much speed as the droid could muster it led the group down the lift and up a corridor towards the front of the ship. At the operations forum he turned down the central corridor that ran directly under the common room, nearly bumping into Uriel as they did so. On the left side they passed one door marked armory, then came one with the word ‘Infirmary’ hastily painted over it. The door opened with a subtle creak and the droid directed the beings to lay the fading spacer out on the one bed that was available. It swapped syringes and injected Diomeade again. “There, I have sedated Captain Falkirk, now I need to begin the intervention immediately. Please give me space.” From a rack beside the bed the droid pulled two instruments on to his arms, one looked like a spool of wire, the other a scalpel. It gently made an incision in the inner arm and fed the wire into it. As if by command and imaging screen descended giving all a look inside the aged being’s body. Panning over the heart the problem was apparent, a tiny black dot at the front of a growing pool of darkness. The wire made its way slowly through the blood vessels until it made it to the afflicted area. Pausing for only a moment the droid moved the wire though the clot and expanded the balloon on the end. The darkness faded slowly, as blood flow was restored, but an area still remained darkened.

The 2-1B removed the wire, and looked to the beings in the room. “I have put in a stint, it should restore blood flow but, he will need to be kept under observation. I will be looking for signs of ventricular tachycardia, or third-degree atrioventricular block.” It waited for a bit, before moving on to its recommendation, “I would recommend admitting Captain Falkirk to a proper medical facility, they are better equipped to handle his recovery. In the short term I am prescribing bed rest and blood thinners.” It looked slightly away, “I have done all I can, but, I cannot guarantee his survival.”

TAG: AbsolX Matthew_Walker1383 GrimdarkRose Ktala Uriel Manteroni

6. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Borei Infirmary:
    In the infirmary the medi bot was working on healing Farlik "I have put in a stint, it should restore blood flow but, he will need to be kept under observation. I will be looking for signs of ventricular tachycardia, or third-degree atrioventricular block," it/he said, “I would recommend admitting Captain Falkirk to a proper medical facility, they are better equipped to handle his recovery. In the short term I am prescribing bed rest and blood thinners. I have done all I can, but, I cannot guarantee his survival,"
    "Got it," Ari said nodded, only understand half of the medical jargon. "Yo, Rei," she shouted in the general direction of the celling "either have the little Duros, Maya or you take the ship out of hyperdrive onto the nearest planet with a hospital," She than placed her hands on the side of Farlik's bed. The droid probably wouldn't like it if she touched Farlik, as it couldn't understand what she was doing. "Come on Tanner," she said, "Try to pull the force onto the remaining darkened area. Then use it to pull the little bits apart," She putt her head down to enter a force meditation to use to better channel the force.

7. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"I have done all I can" the 2-1B Medical Droid stated. "but, I cannot guarantee his survival". The droid had placed a stint of sorts into Falkirk's heart, restoring his blood flow to relative normality. Earlier the 2-1B had recommended that he be taken to a proper medical facility. Tanner thought that Rei, the on-board AI, had plotted a course for the nearby planet of Valrar. Perhaps they could find a hospital there. For now at least, Falkirk was stable, but that wasn't going to last long. Tanner could sense the pain Falkirk was in, and the worry he felt for his grandson. It was only now, once the adrenalin started to dissipate, Tanner's mind began to catch up with what just happened. Falkirk has a potentially fatal heart problem. They might be going to Valrar. Maya is telepathic. The crew know that Ari and Tanner are fo-

"Oh blast it all". They know he's force sensitive. Oh well,. that secret was going to come out one way or another. He was probably going to have to explain himself to the other's when there's a spare moment, but now, all that matters is getting Falkirk back to normal.

"Is there anything more we can do?" Tanner asked both the medical droid and Ari.

TAG: @AbsolX galactic-vagabond422

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Infirmary/Common/Vee's Room - The Borei, In Hyperspace

"Thallass!"

Even to Vee, her voice sounded too loud. But it did make Thallass respond. Well, kinda. This was a kid. Too young for this, that much was for sure. Hearing him say that Falkirk was the only family he had left, and the emotions that came from Thallass, just made it worse. Coming from such a large family, Vee couldnt imagine what that must felt like. Luckily, the medical droid interrupted her thoughts, answering her questions. And Rei responded to what was the closest planet.

“Valrar is our only option,” the ship called out, “Rustibar is under martial law and the Zabraks of Iridonia won’t help us.” Wonderful. So Ari and Tanner grabbed Falkirk and manually carried the poor man to the infirmary. Rei's voice shut up any other comments the medical droid might try to make. Vee followed behind, staying quiet. They went one level down, and ran into Uriel who was standing in a hallway. She wondered how in the world Falkirk and Uriel ended up as friends. Especially since Uriel seemed quick to abandon folks. Didnt even TRY to help out Thallass. Luckily, Maya was busy handling that. Vee was sure Maya wasnt too happy with Vee trying to get some answers from the boy, but if worse came to worse, Thallass was possibly the only person Rei would deal with. But Vee coudlnt really think too much on that. Not now. They came to a door with the word ‘Infirmary’ hastily painted over it. The door opened, and the droid directed the beings to lay the fading spacer out on the one bed that was available. It swapped syringes and injected Diomeade again. “There, I have sedated Captain Falkirk, now I need to begin the intervention immediately. Please give me space.” No problem there. Vee stood out in the hallway, watching from the open doorway. But as soon as the droid used the scapel, and starting threading the wire, Vee looked away, leaning against the wall, blowing out a soft steady steam of air, as the adrenaline started to fade from her system.

Vee vaguely heard the medical droid speak once more.A bunch of technical terms followed, which Vee had no idea what it meant. A pause. “I would recommend admitting Captain Falkirk to a proper medical facility, they are better equipped to handle his recovery. In the short term I am prescribing bed rest and blood thinners.” It then added, “I have done all I can, but, I cannot guarantee his survival.”

Vee had no idea what any of that meant, except that they removed something. It was better, but not great. He needed a hospital. Soon. Ari took the lead then, responding, "Got it," Ari to the medical droid. She then called out , "Yo, Rei," n the general direction of the celling "either have the little Duros, Maya or you take the ship out of hyperdrive onto the nearest planet with a hospital." Vee understood that pretty much meant Valrar. Forget Thallass doing anything, anytime soon, Vee thought to herself. Ari then turned back to Tanner, "Come on Tanner," she said, "Try to pull the force onto the remaining darkened area. Then use it to pull the little bits apart,"

Ooookay. Tanner's response was a bit strange though.

"Oh blast it all". He then asked her, "Is there anything more we can do?"

Vee quickly turned away from the scene. Tanner and Ari seemed to have it figured out, and they were doing. - WHATEVER it was they were doing to Falkirk. Maya had Thallass, trying to keep him calm. Rei knew where she needed to go. Vee turned and quickly walked away. Her head was threatening to start pounding again. Vee kept her goggles down, as she slowly walked back to the main common room they had all just left. She wasnt needed. Not now, anyway. Vee pulled the band holding her hair up, and let it fall back down around her shoulders and face. What was happening to her? Flashes of faces she didnt know, strong raw emotions that she felt had nothing to do with what had just happened had all but made her gasp. Sure, she felt the emotions from Thallass, and the pain from Falkirk and his fear, but this was different. And then the very strange sensations while Ari and Tanner were doing when they were working on Falkirk.

And then there was Rei. That scream. Was that normal for an AI? Vee wasnt sure, she had never been aboard a ship with an AI that advanced before. And it was obvious, that Rei was a very advanced ship.

Too many strange emotions, and NONE of them belonged to Vee. She bit her lip, and she reached the common room, looking at where Falkirk had been lying just a few moments earlier. Tears welled up in her eyes, even as she tried to will them away. She didnt know WHY she felt as she did. So much pain and fear. Maya had called Tanner and Ari Jedi. But Vee didnt think so. She remember hearing Ari say "..Also, forget any Jedi crap 'bout banishing your emotions. Any extra will is useful." That wasnt very Jedi sounding. And Tanner, well she didnt know. Not like Vee ever ran into any real Jedi before. But Ari had also said "force sensitive.." Vee knew what THAT meant. Well, kinda. Maybe. Vee blinked rapidly, to clear her eyes. What was going on? Being emphatic towards plants was so much simpler.

Vee turned, looking around her suddenly. She then spun around, and headed off to her room, before another flood of strange emotions threatened to overtake her.

TAG: AbsolX, GrimdarkRose, galactic-vagabond422, Darth Ukendt, Uriel Manteroni, Matthew_Walker1383

9. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten
    "Come on Tanner" Ari responded, after shouting up to Rei "Try to pull the force onto the remaining darkened area. Then use it to pull the little bits apart," She putt her head down to enter a force meditation to use to better channel the force.

"Alight Captain, round two" Tanner thought as he too entered a meditative trance. He once again felt the Force move and bounce around the room. He grabbed it with his mind once again, sending it gently to Falkirk's heart. Tanner started to sweat as his concentration increased. This part required more finesse, attempting to pull apart the little parts of excess blockage from a single artery in Diomeade's heart. Tanner began the precarious task, more concentrated than ever. He'd chased down wanted men for money, he'd chased down pirates, became a pirate, killed people, tangled with force users, but never, ever done this before. He hoped this would be a success.

TAG: @AbsolX, @GrimdarkRose, @galactic-vagabond422, @Darth Ukendt, @Uriel Manteroni, Ktala

10. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Infirmary, the Borei

"Yo, Rei," Ari shouted, "either have the little Duros, Maya or you take the ship out of hyperdrive onto the nearest planet with a hospital," Maya glanced at the 'little Duros' in question, who didn't seem in any fit state to pilot or even navigate. Even if he had been, Maya wouldn't have dragged him away from his grandfather's side, and she doubted anyone else would have the heart to. Looks like I'll get a chance to pilot after all, she reflected grimly.

"Got it," she yelled back to Ari, then turned back to Thallass and hugged him tightly, feeling more tears escape her eyes. She ran back down the corridor, headed for the cockpit. No matter how much she wanted to stay and help, it was a small relief to escape the pressing, desperate emotions of the rest of the crew. Now she only had her own to deal with.

Doc-Vee, it seemed, had had the same idea. Maya thought she saw the human ahead of her for a second, then Doc-Vee went one way, and Maya went another. But it made Maya think about what she'd seen earlier. Humans weren't usually telepathic, were they? Yet Doc-Vee had clearly felt Falkirk's pain just as strongly as Maya, if not stronger. To the point where she'd actually left the group at such a crucial moment. Unlike certain other humans she'd met that day, Doc-Vee just didn't seem the type to do something like that. Then again, maybe she was. What did Maya know? She increased her pace, and soon arrived at the Borei's cockpit.

She sat in the pilot's seat and gripped the controls, relaxing slightly. This was her area, she knew exactly what she had to do. Checking the previous inputs on the computer, Maya saw how close they were to their destination, and started flicking switches and pulling levers. Within a minute, the Borei was brought out of hyperspace at a planet covered in green. Maya activated the intercom; "Valrar, ladies and gentlemen. Pretty sure it's a strongly Imperial planet, so Ari, Tanner, don't be too... loud... about who you are and what you're doing while we're here. Good news is, there's probably a hospital." She deactivated the comm and glanced roughly where she imagined Rei to be. "Rei, you think you can guide me to the best place for him? Somewhere relatively neutral, with a hospital near the spaceport, please." She tapped her fingers against the controls while she waited for Rei's response. Part of her wanted to comm Doc-Vee, but the human had her own issues at the moment, and Maya was almost scared to find out what they were.

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422, Ktala,

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei - State Room #3, In Hyperspace

Vee made it to her room quickly. She saw Maya for a moment, but she seemed to be busy. That was fine. Vee made it
    to her room, and quickly locked the door. She then headed straight for the 'freshner. She ripped her goggles off her head, and quickly turned on the wather and dunked her head under the steady stream, washing her face as a gurgled sound of frustration came from her lips. But the cool water seemed to do the trick, and after a few moments, she felt much better. And all the strange emotions she had been feeling early were now down to a dull roar, almost gone.

Vee flopped down on her bed...grimacing as her back remembered the firm mattress. She closed her eyes, and
    stretched cat-like upon the bed. She felt so tired. Very tired. She didnt know why, and didnt care. She just wanted to take a nap. She was starting to relax, and feel the beginning touches of sleep reaching out for her -

Of course, the universe dosent always work the way you want.

["Valrar, ladies and gentlemen."] Maya's voice crackled above her on the ships intercom. ["Pretty sure it's a
    strongly Imperial planet, so Ari, Tanner, don't be too... loud... about who you are and what you're doing while
    we're here. Good news is, there's probably a hospital."]

Vee's eyes went wide, as she muttered a few colorful curse phrases. That was fast. Maybe she had laid down a bit
    longer than she had expected. But she still wanted a nap. But it would have to wait. Maya's comment about it
    being a strong Imperial planet was worrisome, but it really should not be a problem. She didnt see the pair doing
    anything that would draw attention. Not with a sick Captain to deal with. Vee got up, and slowly walked towards

the ships intercom system, and then flicked the switch.

["If what you say about this planet is true, it's probably not a good idea for all of us to leave the ship then. Besides, not a lot all of us can do anyway. We can call for a hospital transport. Any ideas on who stays, and who goes?"] Vee asked, with a yawn.

She had not forgotten about Ioko and Uriel. Ioko probably was not a problem. Uriel, however....
    She didnt know how to read him. Hopefully, he would not cause an issue.

TAG:GrimdarkRose, galactic-vagabond422, everyone else who can hear the intercom...

12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Diomeade Falkirk
    Infirmary, The Borei, In Hyperspace

Diomeade’s eyes opened slowly, and were bathed in white light. He squinted slightly against the glare. The pain was less now, he could breathe once again. As his vision cleared he could see Ari, her hands on the railing in a deep meditation. He reached up and put a hand on her wrist.

“You’ve saved me again,” his voice was still weak, and wracked with pain. “That’s two I owe you…” he paused to take a breath, “Uriel is right…I’ll need to be born again to pay back my debts,” He cast a weary eye around the room. Ari and Tanner were closest, with Thallass far in the background, near the door. He saw no sign of his old friend. “Tanner…” the old spacer weakly gripped the human’s wrist, “You helped me even when you had no reason to… you have my thanks.” He moved his hand in a beckoning motion at his grandson. The younger Falkirk came forward standing next to the bed. With a shaking hand Diomeade wrapped his long fingers around Thallass’s head. “Lad, I think my journey ends here.”

“No grandpa, no,”

“Listen lad…” the old Duros said shaking his grandson’s head a little, “I knew I was getting too old for this…This was going to be my last venture…”

“No, I can’t do this without you…” tears again fell from Thallass’s eyes.

“It was always going to be this way… I’ve taught you everything you need to know… And you can trust this crew…they just proved it…”

“No, I’m not ready.”

“You are lad… you have the eyes of a Falkirk… we’ve been wondering the stars since the days of the Old Republic… Your father was no older than you when he ran his own ship, on his own adventures… Now is your turn…your turn to make your mark on the stars…Now run along lad…go to the cockpit, you’ll know what to do.” Tears still in his eyes the young boy hurried off to his post. A long sigh escaped Diomeade’s mouth. He looked up to Tanner unsure if he would hear him though the trance the Human seemed to be in, he rested a hand on top of Human's, “Tanner, I ask you one thing…look after the crew… not all of them can fight… if it comes to it please protect them.” He shifted his gaze to Ari, “Ari…” he started putting a weak hand around her wrist, “twice now you’ve saved my life… now I ask you to look after my boy… at least until he has his legs under him.” He waited for a moment giving them time to accept his last commands to them. He lifted his chin, “And Rei…”

The AI spoke for the first time in since Diomeade had been brought to the infirmary. “Yes Mr. Falkirk.” Her voice seemed sad, as if her captain’s brush with death had affected her.

“You listen to Thallass now… He’s your captain…you understand lass.”

“Yes, Mr. Falkirk, I…I understand.”

“Good,” he moved his hands back to his sides and laid his head back on his pillow, eyes open chest still rising. “Now, go you two,” he said nodding to Tanner and Ari, “I’ll be fine.” His chest still hurt but, he could manage. For a moment there he felt like he was going to cross over, to be one with the stars, he could almost hear Phoebe’s voice, calling him. “I’ll see you later Phoebe,” his words were a whisper as he rubbed the ring under his shirt, “I promise.”
    _____
    Cockpit, The Borei, In Hyperspace

Thallass wiped one last tear from his eye as he entered the cockpit. The Zeltron was already there, looking in her element. He cautiously took the co-pilot’s seat. He waited for a bit, swallowing hard. He knew he should thank her, thank her for what she did to calm him down, to provide some support in all the chaos. He opened his mouth just as the ship reverted to real space.

"Valrar, ladies and gentlemen.” Maya called out into the PA system, Thallass closed his mouth. “Pretty sure it's a strongly Imperial planet, so Ari, Tanner, don't be too... loud... about who you are and what you're doing while we're here. Good news is, there's probably a hospital." She picked a spot somewhere in the ship and spoke again, "Rei, you think you can guide me to the best place for him? Somewhere relatively neutral, with a hospital near the spaceport, please."

There was silence, for a moment. That moment held for a full thirty seconds until Thallass squirmed a bit, he knew Rei, could be picky sometimes in answering other crew that didn’t carry the Falkirk name. He finally worked up the courage to speak, but, before he could, Vee’s voice came over the internal comm,

"If what you say about this planet is true,” she started, “it's probably not a good idea for all of us to leave the ship then. Besides, not a lot all of us can do anyway. We can call for a hospital transport. Any ideas on who stays, and who goes?"

Again silence consumed the cockpit. Thallass shifted in his seat again, quietly working up the nerve. After a few more moments of thought, he lifted his chin, “Go ahead Rei,” his voice cracked as he spoke “Comm someone and find the best place to take grandpa.”

“Thallass,” she said not using a prefix like she did with his grandfather, “I already commed Valrar control and told them we had a medical emergency on board, we should be hearing back any…”

“Corvette Borei, this is Valrar Control.” The voice was male and very official. “We’ve dispatched a medical ship that was transferring to the outer rim to your position. They should be able to take your injured passenger on and hand him off to a local hospital most efficiently.”

“Copy that, Valrar Control.” Rei replied, using a similar official tone as she did when explaining the hacking attempt. “We’ll stand by for hail from the medical ship.” It was quiet of a second that felt like an eternity to Thallass. “All hands,” the AI called out, voice ringing off the metal walls throughout the ship. “We are awaiting a hail from a medical ship, we will transfer Mr. Falkirk to it and follow it down to the surface under an emergency landing authorization. We will wait for at most an half an hour while we await confirmation that Mr. Falkirk has settled into his hospital. At that time, I suggest that Thallass should accompany Mr. Falkirk to the hospital, one other may go with him so as to limit our exposure. Once Thallass returns we will then shove off again on a course for Ord Mantell.” Although her voice carried an authoritative tone, there was a subtle edge to it, an hint of worry.

The room went quiet again, and Thallass stole another glace at the Zeltron, at her metal arm, part of him could still feel it against his skin. It was cold, in direct contrast with other, organic arm. He took another deep breath, before extending his shaking right arm towards her, over the center console that separated the pilot from the co-pilot. “I’m Thallass, Thallass Falkirk,” his voice warbled as his hand continued to tremble, “I never caught your name, and…” he looked down, “Thank you for what you did.”

TAG: GrimdarkRose Ktala AbsolX Matthew_Walker1383 Uriel Manteroni Darth Ukendt

13. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Infirmary:
    "Thank the Maker you're alive," Ari said. Her entire body filled with relief. "Were taking you to Valrar, just to be sure there is no relapse. I'll make sure I take care of your grandson and fulfill the mission. If you don't want to continue your spacer ways, is there any planet your thinking of living the rest of your life on?" she asked, trying to make conversation as they wanted for the transport.

14. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Tanner was deep in a trance, carefully moving the tiny blockages in Falkirk's heart. It was a painfully intricate process. Using the Force for something so delicate is always dangerous, so Tanner was glad to have Ari by his side. After a while, Falkirk's eyes fluttered slowly open, snapping Tanner our of his trance. The injured captain reached out and put his hand on Ari's wrist. “That’s two I owe you…” he paused to take a breath, “Uriel is right…I’ll need to be born again to pay back my debts", Falkirk spoke, painfully and slowly. His hand moved to Tanner's wrist. “Tanner.....You helped me even when you had no reason to… you have my thanks.” So it had worked. This old spacer still had some time left, it seemed.

"Any time Captain, any time" Tanner muttered tiredly. Turns out performing heart surgery with the force took it's toll on you. Falkirk waved his hand towards his grandson, beckoning him over. Thallass moved over towards the bed. “Lad, I think my journey ends here.” the older Diomeade said quietly. “No grandpa, no,” Thallass replied. Tanner knew where this conversation was going.

“Listen lad…” the old Duros said shaking his grandson’s head a little, “I knew I was getting too old for this…This was going to be my last venture…”

“No, I can’t do this without you…” tears again fell from Thallass’s eyes.

“It was always going to be this way… I’ve taught you everything you need to know… And you can trust this crew…they just proved it…”
    Those words rang out like bells to Tanner. He only just realised how much he'd bonded with his crew in this short space of time. It had been so long since he'd had company on more than a semi-regular basis.

“No, I’m not ready.” The younger Duros replied.

“You are lad… you have the eyes of a Falkirk… we’ve been wondering the stars since the days of the Old Republic… Your father was no older than you when he ran his own ship, on his own adventures… Now is your turn…your turn to make your mark on the stars…Now run along lad…go to the cockpit, you’ll know what to do.” Tears still in his eyes the young boy hurried off to his post. Diomeade sighed, heavily and thoughtfully. He looked up at Tanner, with a clear expression of intent. Falkirk rested his hand on top of Tanner's.

“Tanner, I ask you one thing…look after the crew… not all of them can fight… if it comes to it please protect them.” he muttered, the pain echoed in his speech. Tanner turned his hand over in Falkirk's so they were palm to palm. He grabbed gently, and lightly shook the old explorers hand.

"You have my word, Diomeade. I'll look after 'em." Tanner responded. Nothing Tanner had ever said before had more meaning than this. He might of been a degenerate. He might of stolen from people. He might of killed people. But one thing Tanner Darsten did not do was go back on a promise.

"I promise" Tanner continued, and let his hand slide from Diomeade's.

” He shifted his gaze to Ari, “Ari…” he started putting a weak hand around her wrist, “twice now you’ve saved my life… now I ask you to look after my boy… at least until he has his legs under him.” He lifted his chin, “And Rei…”
    “Yes Mr. Falkirk.” the AI responded, with a tinge of human emotion in her voice.
    “You listen to Thallass now… He’s your captain…you understand lass.”

“Yes, Mr. Falkirk, I…I understand.”

“Good" Diomeade shifted back into the middle of his bed, his chest moving up and down. “Now, go you two,” he said nodding to Tanner and Ari, “I’ll be fine.”

"Get well soon, Captain. When we find that treasure, I'll bring the boy and the crew back, safe and sound" And with that, Tanner turned to walk out of the infirmary. The captain needed space and rest. Plus Tanner heard that they'll be stopping at Valrar soon to drop Falkirk off. Tanner walked slowly and deliberately out of the med-room, but as he walked he called back to Ari.

"Hey Ari, you comin'?"

@GrimdarkRose @Ktala @AbsolX @Uriel Manteroni @Darth Ukendt galactic-vagabond422

15. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Cockpit, the Borei

As it turned out, Maya didn't need to call Doc-Vee. "If what you say about this planet is true,” the human's voice started over the intercom, “it's probably not a good idea for all of us to leave the ship then. Besides, not a lot all of us can do anyway. We can call for a hospital transport. Any ideas on who stays, and who goes?"

Maya frowned slightly, but didn't activate the intercom. Tanner seemed a good choice for the task, or maybe Ari. Ioko wasn't even awake, Manteroni had vanished, and she needed to stay behind with the ship. Once Thallass had gone with his grandfather, they'd need someone to pilot if something went wrong. She looked to the copilot's seat, and was surprised to find the younger Falkirk already there, having clearly taken the seat while she was preoccupied. Good. That meant nothing bad had happened while she'd been gone, otherwise Thallass would be with their Captain. After a few moments of thought, the boy lifted his chin and spoke; “Go ahead Rei,” his voice cracked, “Comm someone and find the best place to take grandpa.”

Maya smiled gratefully at him, and her smile only grew with Rei's response; “Thallass,” Rei said, and Maya noted the lack of prefix, “I already commed Valrar control and told them we had a medical emergency on board, we should be hearing back any…”

“Corvette Borei, this is Valrar Control.” The voice was male, official. “We’ve dispatched a medical ship that was transferring to the outer rim to your position. They should be able to take your injured passenger on and hand him off to a local hospital most efficiently.”

“Copy that, Valrar Control. We’ll stand by for hail from the medical ship.”

Maya nodded, "Thanks, Rei."

The AI's voice filled the ship again: “All hands,” the AI called out, showing the faint undertones of worry they all felt, “We are awaiting a hail from a medical ship, we will transfer Mr. Falkirk to it and follow it down to the surface under an emergency landing authorization. We will wait for at most an half an hour while we await confirmation that Mr. Falkirk has settled into his hospital. At that time, I suggest that Thallass should accompany Mr. Falkirk to the hospital, one other may go with him so as to limit our exposure. Once Thallass returns we will then shove off again on a course for Ord Mantell.” Rei seemed to use many of the same phrases as Falkirk, and Maya wondered if she'd picked them up from the old Duros, or the other way round.
    Thallass reached out a shaking hand, and touched her mechanical arm: “I’m Thallass, Thallass Falkirk,” his voice warbled as his hand continued to tremble, “I never caught your name, and…” he looked down, “Thank you for what you did.”

She smiled at him, "No worries. I'm not about to let anyone else go through something like that alone." A pause. Should she really..? Ah, kark it all; "How is he?"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, ?????

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei - State Room #3, Valrar

There was a long response. Vee was beiginning to wonder what was going on, when Rei's voice suddenly filled the ship.

[“All hands,”] the AI called out, voice ringing off the metal walls throughout the ship. [“We are awaiting a hail from a medical ship, we will transfer Mr. Falkirk to it and follow it down to the surface under an emergency landing authorization. We will wait for at most an half an hour while we await confirmation that Mr. Falkirk has settled into his hospital. At that time, I suggest that Thallass should accompany Mr. Falkirk to the hospital, one other may go with him so as to limit our exposure. Once Thallass returns we will then shove off again on a course for Ord Mantell.”]

Wow. Rei's voice sounded funny. Sure it sounded very authoritative, but there was something else there too. Or was she just imagining it? Hard to tell. The room went quiet. Vee frowned, as she sat down in the nearby chair. Well, she guessed that Maya was finished talking to her for now. And Rei seemed to have things under control right now. There was nothing for Vee to do. And right now, she very much wanted to be working on something. Well, at least now she knew that their next stop was Ord Mantell. But right now, they had 30 minutes till the med-ship even reached them.

Vee sighed as she switched off the intercom, and sat back down at the table. What a way to start a trip. And now, instead of an experienced pilot, they were going to be with the kid. Maybe. If he didnt shut down totally. Vee gave another deep sigh. She needed something to take her mind off of current events. Frustrated, she moved over to where she had put her equipment. She dug through her items, until she retrieved her complink. She then began reading some of the older documents she had stored during her various jobs. Translating documents always help unwind and relax her. She didnt seem to be needed right now, so until something did come up, she would keep herself busy.

Vee sighed again. That drink was really starting to sound good. To bad Uriel was probably off doing something hopefully not damaging. If the oaf had sense, he might visit Falkirk, before she went off on the medical ship.

Yep.

Vee burried her head, and any other thoughts inside of her texts for now. She dug through her pack, and pulled out a snack, as she began to study once more.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Matthew_Walker1383, Uriel Manteroni, Darth Ukendt

17. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Local: Infirmary of the Borei
    Thought; Speech; NPC; PC; Action.

The door of room opened. Uriel feel relieved.

Uriel wary entered the room. This AI have full control of everything, now it must be watching me. Uriel takes his Corellian Jacket and places it, takes his two DY225 and keep the holster concealed the jacket, grabs his combat backpack and puts on back.

Uriel thought: Well .... I will not take the risk of running out of my equipment.

Uriel accesses a ship's console, and connects an external camera of Borei. Hummm who would have thought an innocent look outside means an escape attempt?

Uriel sits in a chair and stares at the monitor console display. At this time Falkirk must be dead ... or else ... the way for this it ...

Uriel is a long time watching hyperspace, shimmering lines on phosphorescent blue background. Beautiful...

Then the Borei reverses! The sparkling lines become stars and Uriel realize they are close to a solar system.

It is now!!! Uriel leaves the office and he goes toward the hangar of escape's spacecraft. Uriel see several pods normal then find what you were looking for, the only one Armed Faberstien of the Borei.

Uriel approaches the doorway. Without disguise, open the access panel and type your password hacker.

Uriel wait, the system runs, then a message: Access not allowed !!

What do you mean!!! Not allowed access. Uriel accesses the panel again and type the default password of an emergency! Heck, these things are to be used in emergencies !!! Theoretically should be fast access. The display has the message: Access denied.

"Damn it !!" Uriel punches in the escape pod door !! He look around and see a security camera. Uriel comes up and makes an obscene gesture to the camera! Then leaves the hangar and he walks down the hall and decided to take a look at Falkirk body. Hmmm it should be in the infirmary, the only suitable place to put a body ... maybe in the fridge...

Uriel will the infirmary, upon arriving he sees Falkirk on a stretcher, live !! He was alone.

"Holy crap Diomeade !! I could have sworn you were dead !!!! Good thing my intuition deceived me..."

Uriel approached with joy of old friend, he grabs the hand of duros and says: "You are a trickster !! Tell me the truth!! You've been taking Hyper-Viagra !!! I know!!! Guys his age can no longer Diomeade !! Better to let these exciting things for younger !!!"

Uriel was really happy to see his friend alive.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Infirmary, The Borei, Space over Valrar

"Thank the Maker you're alive," Ari said, relief washing over her, "Were taking you to Valrar,” Diomeade nodded, now he was glad Thallass had routed them through there. If they’d gone to Nentan they’d have to change course and head to Dohu, costing them valuable time. “Just to be sure there is no relapse. I'll make sure I take care of your grandson and fulfill the mission.” A weak smile grew across the old humanoid’s face. He knew he could trust her. “If you don't want to continue your spacer ways, is there any planet you’re thinking of living the rest of your life on?"

He chuckled slightly, he’d thought about this quite a lot leading up to this even giving it some thought as he entered the Corridor Cantina. “I was thinking Tatooine or Dantooine, someplace quiet and out of the way. I’ve lived my whole life moving from one new danger to the next. I think it’ll do me good to stay put for once on a planet were nothing much happens.”

"Get well soon, Captain.” Tanner said, letting go of Diomeade’s hand, “When we find that treasure, I'll bring the boy and the crew back, safe and sound.”

As he walked away the old Duros called after him, “You’d better,” a jovial tone was in his voice, he may have had a near death experience, but he wasn’t going to let it kill his humor, “If you don’t, I’ll put you in hospital.” He laughed, he really shouldn’t have. His laughing stopped replaced with a long sigh, it still hurt to do that. As he put his head back down his thoughts turned to Thallass, was he really ready for this, had Diomeade taught him enough, had he just sent his only remaining family to their death. His heart pained him but, not in the literal sense. Thallass needed to find his parents, and exploration and adventure was his birthright, who was Diomeade to stand in the way, besides Ari was there to protect him. He gave a smile to his Togruta savior, “Go ahead, I’ll be alright, it seems we won’t have to wait long before more help arrives. If anything changes, I’m sure Rei will tell you immediately.”

After a little while after Ari and Tanner had left Uriel passed through the door way

"Holy crap Diomeade !!” he exclaimed “I could have sworn you were dead !!!! Good thing my intuition deceived me..."

Another painful laugh escaped his chest, “Takes more than that to kill me it seems.”

"You are a trickster !! Tell me the truth!! You've been taking Hyper-Viagra !!! I know!!! Guys his age can no longer Diomeade !! Better to let these exciting things for younger !!!"

A hearty laugh once again leaves Diomeade’s chest, “Stop making me laugh old friend, it hurts.” He took a long deep breath, looking up at his friend. “You know by now that I won’t be continuing with you on this journey. Seems fate has decided to end my way here.” He gave a mournful look to Uriel, what he wouldn’t give to see this through, to end his last venture properly, with his old friend by his side. “I know it does me no good to say this but, don’t get into too much trouble while I’m away,” he took another breath, “And don’t get Thallass into too much either, he’s still too young for the kind we used to get into.”
    _____
    Cockpit, The Borei, Space over Valrar

"No worries.” The Zeltron said, “I'm not about to let anyone else go through something like that alone." Thallass retracted his hand feeling a little awkward. She’d lost some one too, did bringing it up hurt her? Had he caused her pain without even realizing it? There was a pause and the young boy’s worry grew with each second. Thallass had turned his eyes forward to look out the viewport, hoping to avoid eye contact, why did it always end up like this for him. "How is he?”

For a moment he was unsure as to who she was talking about. When I dawned on him his heart sank, his mind pulled up the images of his grandfather’s face twisted in pain. A shiver went up his spine. He’d just left Diomeade and he seemed in good spirits if a bit weakened from the ordeal. He gave the pilot a look, the smile had dimmed a bit but, still made him a little nervous. He was just about to respond when Rei spoke again.

“Thallass.” She started, her tone was still officious speaking like an subordinate officer, reporting to a superior. “I picked up an anomalous lifesign in a supply closet near the starboard side ventral escape pods.” The young Duros nodded it was apparent this message was for him but, Rei didn’t mind if the other being heard. “Also the Human male with grey hair attempted to access one of the Faberstien escape pods.”

“She must mean Mr. Manteroni” Thallass said quietly to himself.

“I had locked them down in case there was a stowaway and he was unable to circumvent my security. I would suggest asking that he not try that again. Also he made a rather crude gesture to one of my visual sensors.” There was another pause in Rei’s speech, “I don’t think he likes me very much.” The way she said it sounded like she was a little hurt by the whole situation.

Again silence as Thallass shifted his shoulders looking at the miniature of Executor-class Star Dreadnought, a gift from the older Human. He hadn’t known Mr. Materoni as long as his grandfather had but, he seemed nice, to the boy anyway. The other bit of news was interesting, a lifesign in a supply closet. Was it a stowaway, couldn’t be Thallass did a walk though before his grandfather had called, he didn’t find anyone. Wasn’t there a Twi’lek, the Duros remembered seeing a sleepy looking Twi’lek outside the hangar but, he didn’t see the being at the meeting. Another shiver, his grandfather’s halted breath and dreadful wheeze filled his ears. He sifted his gaze to the Zeltron again, she seemed confidant in this space, much like he was when he was lying in a course. That was something he could do no sweat, in fact it calmed him a bit. Staring at all the stars working out how and when they’d get there, it was good for taking his mind off things. But, he was the Captain now, he couldn’t just hide away in the bridge, he had to take action.

He took several deep breaths before turning to the woman, “My grandfather is fine, in good spirits when I left him.” He couldn’t hide his uncertainty, he still worried he’d lose his only remaining family. “Now, did you see your Twi’lek friend when you came aboard? Do you think he could be the other lifesign?”
    _____
    Meanwhile up in Stateroom three as Vee was looking over the texts a voice called out to her, it was Rei’s voice.

“Excuse me miss,” she said in a kind tone, more like when she first met the crew, “what language is that?” her voice seemed almost curious, “Mr. Falkirk had me learn some tongues to help him out on his adventures but, I’ve never seen this one. Do you mind if I scan it and run it against my database?”

TAG: Matthew_Walker1383 AbsolX Uriel Manteroni GrimdarkRose Darth Ukendt Ktala

19. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Cockpit, the Borei

“Thallass.” Rei started, her tone formal, unknowingly saving Maya from the awkward silence that had filled the cockpit after her comment. She'd meant to reassure the boy, but for some reason he had started to worry again, and she had little to no idea why. It worried her that she couldn't seem to help him.“I picked up an anomalous lifesign in a supply closet near the starboard side ventral escape pods.” Maya couldn't help the giggle that escsaped her at Rei's officious report, despite all her worries. So that's where Ioko had taken their stolen bedding! “Also the Human male with grey hair attempted to access one of the Faberstien escape pods.”

“She must mean Mr. Manteroni” Thallass said quietly to himself. Maya nodded, and winced slightly.

“I had locked them down in case there was a stowaway and he was unable to circumvent my security. I would suggest asking that he not try that again. Also he made a rather crude gesture to one of my visual sensors.” There was another pause in Rei’s speech, “I don’t think he likes me very much.” Maya felt a burst of sympathy for the AI. How many people had distrusted her based purely on what she was, without waiting to see what she was really like?

Maya sighed, "Well, that makes two of us who need to straighten some things out with that guy," she commented. And okay, maybe she felt a little bad about their earlier misunderstanding. She hadn't expected him to take it quite that hard. Not that that meant she'd be telling him that anytime soon, of course, and she still fully intended to give him a piece of her mind on the issue.

There was silence for a few moments as Maya checked her (Rei and the collective Falkirk's, if anyone wanted to get technical about it) instruments and looked out for the medical ship anxiously, just for something to do, while Thallass shifted his shoulders, looking at a miniature Executor-class Star Dreadnought. Maya remembered owning a similar item, one gift from her mentor and some of the beings they'd worked for, and wondered if there was a story behind his. There tended to be, with things like that and people like them. After several moments of thought and a few deep breaths, Thallass spoke again:

“My grandfather is fine, in good spirits when I left him.” He seemed uncertain, but changed the subject just as Maya was about to do the same. “Now, did you see your Twi’lek friend when you came aboard? Do you think he could be the other lifesign?”

Maya snorted: "Seems like him. I saw the guy stealing blankets from another room. Bet you he's gonna be the one to take that hammock in engineering." She paused, almost as uncertain as he was, although, she felt, she was a little better at hiding it. The Duros had earned her respect (along with a lifetime supply of Maya hugs) with his appearance in the cockpit and how he'd dealt with... well, everything. "He's no threat right now, Rei. Probably'll sleep for the next six hours at least - stayed up for something like a week for a mission or something." She sighed and shook her head, thinking back to the one conversation she'd had with the Twi'lek, "He'll get one hell of a shock when he wakes up, that's for sure."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Darth Ukendt, Uriel Manteroni

20. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014

Diomeade said:
    Uriel laughed lightly and said: "Okay. I understood your message, Diomeade. Thallass is the commander now! And you want me to stay in the mission to keep an eye on him. "Uriel pulled away litter and sat on the other litter looking directly at the stars through a hatch. From that angle where the Borei was it could see the large main star of the stelar system.

Uriel: "Beautiful is not it? I suppose that we stopped here because you will get at some hospital, right? What is this system?"

After the response, Uriel said: "Obviously you guessed that I would try to go if you died ..., well... if you thought this...you are right."

Uriel waited for the answer then continued. "Falkirk let me confide in you, you know I'm very close to Vamp, that my girlfriend, do you know?" The duros was one of the few people who knew that Uriel had a neural implant a microreceptor / transmitter for your own AI (Vamp).

Before Diomeade answer Uriel interrupted :"She dumped me and then I decided to come for your adventure, so I found this Zeltron that destroyed my heart, my fear is that she go back and try to dominate me, because I am sad to have been despised by that Zeltron, do you understand me?" Uriel said the sentences of dubious way, that Rei not decipher, but at the same time Falkirk could understand the fear of Uriel about Rei to get literally "enter" the head of Uriel.

Uriel waited Falkirk response, then continued: "Do you know how hard a woman who guesses all your thoughts? Do you have any way to prevent this domain?" Uriel was wondering if there was any Rei deactivation switch in case it take command of the ship and not more respect Thallass. Uriel waited the answer.

By the way, Uriel continued: "And you did not think I did not realize in their moments of agony, what you said to Thallass ... just tell me one thing: The priority is to find the treasure or your child?"

Uriel looked at the window, watching the star shine.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    The Borei - State Room #3, Valrar

Vee was deep inter her texts, allowing herself to relax, as she delved into some of the more difficult texts and documents she kept copies of, when suddenly Rei's voice called out to her. She looked up, a bit startled. She thought she turned off the ships intercom. It didnt beep. Rei just started speaking.

[“Excuse me miss,”] she said in a kind tone, the voice Rei had first heard when they were 'introduced.' Rei continued, [“what language is that?”] her voice.. Was she curious? Well, that would not be hard to believe. Most advanced AI's, Vee imagined, would be, if given the chance. [“Mr. Falkirk had me learn some tongues to help him out on his adventures but, I’ve never seen this one. Do you mind if I scan it and run it against my database?”]

Vee blinked, looking down at her texts, and then looked up, curious herself. She wasnt sure how she felt about having her own peeping tom, staring in her room. But then again, if something happened, she would not have to worry about someone sneaking into her room. But she decided not to bring that up just now. Instead she smiled. "Hello Rei. You may call me Vee. Or Miss Ruza, if you prefer." She paused, and then moved her complink.

"This language is from a very ancient text. I dont know the name of it, but I've run across many examples of it, in many different areas of the galaxy. And no, I dont mind if you scan it. Do I need to move it any place in particular to make it easier for you?" Vee asked the AI. After a pause, she added. "By the way, Do you have any other texts that I might look at as well? Since that's what I was hired for, I would like a chance to actually get a head start on anything that might actually need translation."

What the valark. The worse that could happen was that Rei said no. At least she was talking to her. While she waited for a response, Vee retrieved the tiny plant she had found earlier. She placed it near the tiny viewport she had, securing it so that it wouldnt topple over. She then smiled.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

22. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Boeri:
    "Hey Ari, how's it coming?" Ari was standing outside the infirmary with Tanner.
    "Argh," she said. Her head was pounding. Her muscles burned. Whiteness tinged her vision. "I feel horrible. The darn dark-side is killing me. Using the damn thing really taxes you if you don't go its way. I need to lie down," She weakly walked off. She swung open the door and crashed onto the bed.

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Cockpit, The Borei, Space over Valrar

"Seems like him.” The pilot said, stifling a laugh. “I saw the guy stealing blankets from another room. Bet you he's gonna be the one to take that hammock in engineering." Thallass’s eyes widened, had he actually gotten something right? Sure it was a small thing but, his life and been nothing except a series of continual mistakes. "He's no threat right now, Rei. Probably'll sleep for the next six hours at least - stayed up for something like a week for a mission or something." The young Duros looked away, that was certainly dedication, was this Twi’lek a bounty hunter then, or a Seccer? The ladder seemed more likely as a Security Force Officer wouldn’t leave his job to go a lethal adventure.

Thinking of the path ahead of him Thallass felt his blood cool a bit. It was all on him now, his grandfather wasn’t going to be there to lead him, or save him like he’d done so many times before. He could feel slight tremors running though his hands, He felt like a new acrobat performing without a net, nervous but, deep inside, he was exhilarated. The danger, no matter how much he was afraid of it, he was drawn to it. His heart beat faster in his chest as he gave another look to the Zeltron’s arm. His curiosity was lit, running questions though his mind, had she built the arm herself? How did she lose it? Did anything hide underneath?

While his curiosity begged him to ask, manners reined him in. It would be wildly inappropriate for him to ask those questions. He turned his gaze back to the green planet that shone in front of them, waiting for the medical ship to arrive. Every so often he’d steal a glance at the arm, it fascinated him but, he had to contain himself. Although it was mechanical is was attached to a living being, a living being that probably didn’t take too kindly to him taking sidelong looks at her…all at once, his heart dropped, he realized what was also in his sightline when he looked at her arm, her chest.

This time he stiffened his neck fighting his urge to take just one more look. His grandfather had told him to never ogle a woman, it was impolite. Thallass wasn’t attracted to this woman, not in that way, he just liked her arm, was that still wrong? He rubbed his face and straightened his shoulders. A crushing silence settled into the cockpit. Absentmindedly Thallass began to nervously hum a tune, trying to break the oppressive quiet.

TAG: GrimdarkRose
    _____
    Infirmary, The Borei, Space over Valrar

"Okay. I understood your message, Diomeade.” Uriel said coming closer, “Thallass is the commander now! And you want me to stay in the mission to keep an eye on him. "The older spacer nodded his head, he’d already verbally asked Ari to take care of the boy but, an extra set of eyes didn’t hurt. Uriel pulled up another cot and laid down looking up at a view port. "Beautiful is not it? I suppose that we stopped here because you will get at some hospital, right? What is this system?"

Diomeade thought about it for a moment. Space was always beautiful, so serene, so calm, he could lose himself just staring into its infinite darkness, punctuated by bright burning light. Made him feel small against it all but, meant that there was an infinite amount of adventures to be had. Not that he’d be going on any more. This thought pained him, he’d lived his whole life between stars, the best things that ever happened to him happened on ships in space, he met his wife, saw his son for the first time, watched that son grow up into a man, saw that man get married and have a child of his own. Now it was time for a change, he’d become too old to fly anymore. “We’re around Valrar if I’m not mistaken, that was the route Thallass had put in. We were going to stop here anyway to change course on a heading to Ord Mantell.”

"Obviously you guessed that I would try to go if you died ...,” Diomeade’s face soured, he had thought that but, he’d hope that their friendship would overcome that urge, or at least the promise of treasure. “well... if you thought this...you are right."

“I didn’t think it was my presence that kept you around, I thought it was the free alcohol, the good company and the chance of unimaginable wealth.”

"Falkirk let me confide in you, you know I'm very close to Vamp, that my girlfriend, do you know?" He nodded his head, Vamp was not…organic per se but, she was sentient as much as Rei. Uriel’s relationship with her was very close, so close that he had a neural implant put in his head to keep in contact with her. "She dumped me,” that seemed…doubtful to Diomeade, “and then I decided to come for your adventure, so I found this Zeltron that destroyed my heart,” did he mean Miss. Blue, Maya “my fear is that she go back and try to dominate me, because I am sad to have been despised by that Zeltron, do you understand me?" Slowly it dawned on the spacer, prefacing his statement with Vamp, an A.I. similar to Rei, and then expressing concern over a “Zeltron” taking control of him. He meant Rei finding and using the neural implant to mess with his mind. In all the time the Duros had worked with the ship she had shown no malice towards anyone, more curiosity than anything.

"Do you know how hard a woman who guesses all your thoughts?” he had to smile at that, that would be a terrible thing for Uriel and possible the woman as well. The human liked to keep his secrets, and had a habit of killing people, two things that are a deadly combination. “Do you have any way to prevent this domain?"

Diomeade took a deep breath letting it slowly out though his nose, “Well, you can start with treating her like a person, not a tool. She’s useful but, that’s not her sole purpose in this life. She has wants of her own, I don’t know what for but, she has them.” She’d asked for somethings, a firewall to be setup on her central core, virus protection subroutines, and datadisks on slicing. Seemed she wanted to protect herself, and punish those who’d dare try and harm her. “Just treat her nicely, and you’ll have nothing to fear. She’s not a tyrant, she has never usurped my command, nor has she done anything without my say so. And now with Thallass in command, the chain is persevered. You worry too much old friend.”

"And you did not think I did not realize in their moments of agony, what you said to Thallass ...” Diomeade’s face hardened, in those moments he thought he was going to die, he owned it to Thallass to tell him that his parents were still alive. “just tell me one thing: The priority is to find the treasure or your child?"

The spacer thought about it for a moment, Bastrio had been missing for two years now, he had part of an idea on where to find the treasure, and Diomeade’s own path follows his son’s but, he Bastrio didn’t have the whole picture. Wasn’t fully prepared for what waited out there. But the question stood, if it came to finding his only son, or finding the treasure of a thousand worlds which would he choose? “I don’t expect you to understand Uriel, you’re not a father. But, if it came down to it, I’d choose my family over riches. I’ve won and lost many fortunes in my time but, I’ve only ever had one family.” But, now that wasn’t his decision anymore, it was Thallass’s. However he was sure the boy would choose his parents over the wealth of Darth Malum. “Please old friend, don’t tell the crew, I don’t want them to question Thallass’s command.”

TAG: Uriel Manteroni
    _____
    IC: Rei
    The Borei, Space over Valrar

The human looked up and after a bit spoke, "Hello Rei. You may call me Vee. Or Miss Ruza, if you prefer." Rei decided then that this being would be Vee, it felt right. "This language is from a very ancient text. I don’t know the name of it, but I've run across many examples of it, in many different areas of the galaxy. And no, I don’t mind if you scan it. Do I need to move it any place in particular to make it easier for you?"

“No, I can see it clearly.” Rei didn’t tell the human that her visual sensors had almost total coverage of the ship. All of the feeds were routed through her, and recorded by the supplementary computers. She had recordings from the first time Diomeade woke her up 10 standard months ago, she didn’t have many sensors on line then, she felt blind, unable to watch over her crew. There was something deep inside her that drove her to protect her crew, and her captain.

"By the way, Do you have any other texts that I might look at as well? Since that's what I was hired for, I would like a chance to actually get a head start on anything that might actually need translation."

Rei’s reply was immediate “Yes, Mr. Falkirk had me studying ancient Camassi, old legends and epic tales that sort of thing. They didn’t hold any information regarding our current mission but, their accompanying translations into modern Camassi did help me understand the language. I can send the texts to your datapad if you’d like along with translations into Camassi.” While she was speaking she scanned the document and began running it against her database. She was interrupted by a hail that was routed though the cockpit so Thallass and the Zeltron could hear.

“Corvette Borei,” the voice was female with a light caring tone to it. “This is the medical ship Mercy, we are off your starboard bow and are requesting permission to dock.”

“Copy that Mercy,” Rei’s voice was again piped though the cockpit in an official tone, Thallass was her captain now, he needed to be informed of all the happenings aboard his ship. Except for those that Rei decided weren’t his business, like swapping ancient texts with Vee. “Docking permission granted the crew will be standing by to guide you to the infirmary.” She paused closing the comm channel and activating ship wide public address. “All hands, prepare to receive a medical team, available crew should be standing by to assist.”

The medical ship, an old similarly styled craft to the CR 90, from the clone wars docked, extending a tube which connected the two airlocks. A doctor and several nurses rushed through with a repulser stretcher. Guided by members of the crew they arrived in the infirmary, where Mr. Falkirk was looking a little worse, in pain.

“Nurse Serran.” The doctor called out, Rei noted an older human woman, 43 years old to be exact, stepped forward and put her hands lightly on the captain,

“It’ll be alright sir,” she said pulling her hands away. All at once the stress left Mr. Falkirk and his face softened. That was a good sign. As quickly as they had arrived the medical team was shoving off and heading towards the planet.

“Corvette Borei,” the same voice from before hailed over the comm, “You are cleared to follow us to the surface.”

“This is Valrar Control,” the male voice broke in, “you are cleared to dock in bay 30.”

“Understood, Valrar control.” Rei replied, dealing with local landing procedures was just one of the many tasks she could handle. Mr. Falkirk’s condition had put everyone on edge. She wasn’t ready to give some of these jobs to the crew yet, especially Thallass. “Pilot please follow the heading given by Valrar Control.” With the requests relayed Rei went quiet, part of her was studying the texts from Vee, another running diagnostics on her lifesign scanners, yet more of her was passively scanning the ship for trackers. Even with all this she still kept an ‘eye’ on Thallass. He was her captain now and, it was her first priory to keep her captain safe, her crew second.

TAG:Ktala Matthew_Walker1383 AbsolX Darth Ukendt

OOC: Any one who would like can be part of the 'welcoming committee' that guides the doctor and nurses to the infirmary.

24. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Music: http://www.vagalume.com.br/ac-dc/highway-to-the-hell.html

Diomeade:
    Uriel listened carefully to his friend, while Falkirk spoke Uriel raised his left eyebrow and the right corner of his mouth came down a little and turned his head slightly to the left, it was a typical expression of Uriel which meant: Are you serious? But Uriel captured the most important: if all went wrong the only chance was to win the firewall and launch a powerful virus in the central kernel!

Regarding the Diomeade family was very clear:
    Uriel said with all the irreverence that could: "Hey Diomeade !! Why did not you say that the focus is to find Bastrio ??? If you had told me, I would have demanded my beer payment in advance!!"

Uriel jumped litter and approached the duros: "Old friend !! I go with Thallass to the pits of hell !! Be sure!! If we do not find his son ... no one will find !! And if someone dares to" " ...question Thallass's command .... " Uriel drew his two DY225 and turned on his fingers and then activated with the two blows with his fists, the sound of powerful ionizers of heavy-blasters then whistled in ward, then Uriel concludes: "... this guy will have to do with my girls (DY225) here". Uriel winked at Falkirk, and quickly turned their weapons and he kept weapons into holsters, after all did not want Rei poorly understood gesture!

Uriel then says: "Well ... as you know ... I hate goodbyes, so I will not wait to see you to be leaved for that hospital full of crazy lust girls to take care of you !!"

Uriel took the Diomeade hand in the ancient style of the commander of the Old Republic and said: "See you soon Diomeade! When we come back with Bastrio and several billion credits ($$) in treasures of Malum Darth, I promise to take you to a nightclub where the girls will make you have a heart attack again !!"

Uriel turned away from the duros and before walking out the door said: "Hey old duros, tell your "lover"", Uriel meant Rei, "that I'm a nice guy and loyal to Thallass, right?!? I do not want problems with her ... after complicated women, enough my Vamp."

Uriel left the ward without waiting Falkirk response. Obviously Rei heard and saw everything ... just hope she does not try to find out my secrets ...

Uriel walked out quietly down the hall. Hmmm, apparently we were standing ..., Uriel deduced by the target that had the infirmary hatch, then Uriel looks through a window of the corridor, and he realizes that back move, he deduced that the apparent move of the stars ... we are now moving again , Diomeade said that we are in Valrar and we go to Ord Mantell, so if we do not go into hyperspace, it is because we are being oriented for the Valrar's Area Control.

Uriel arrived in a turbolift. Well it is possible that we landing on the planet, and if this happens, there is the possibility of entering Imperial officers to ascertain the crew.

Uriel entered the turbolift and he selected the level
    Knowing that I am an Imperial fugitive sentenced to life imprisonment, it would not be a good idea they find me for we take a coffee. Uriel thought while the turbolift worked: Falkirk is very intelligent and knows my problems with the empire, so if anyone talking too much about me, he will certainly say that after I talk to him, I left the Borei.

Uriel arrive at the supply closet was full of supplies, including food and drinks ... ... many drinks !!! Ual for more than 24 hours I'm not drunk! I need a drink !!

Uriel looking for the beverage industry, find the right automatic container and open the gate, then Uriel choose a bottle of Duro's Vodka!! Uall once I took one of these with Falkirk !! It is very but very strong !!

Uriel does not close the drinks container, maybe I drink another ... then Uriel demand the container with security systems, he find, then he opens it and takes a individual sea rescue system (a type of inflatable boat for one person), Uriel activated the boat, and the system is assembled, then the Uriel turned upside down. Uriel then lies down in a comfortable soft plastic bed, then Uriel opens the bottle of vodka and takes the first sip: Yikes !! It is pure fire in the bowels !!

25. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Cockpit, the Borei

Thallass hummed a tune, nervous again, and not even looking at her. She didn't know what to think about that. Breaking the silence, perhaps? She didn't see much wrong with it, but she knew when you were worried every silence seemed to last forever. He was looking firmly ahead, and she wondered if it had something to do with the way he had kept stealing glances at her. On that subject she didn't really know what to think. Duros rarely showed... that kind of interest with more humanoid species, such as Zeltrons, so it must have been something else, but she had no way of knowing what that was. She checked all the sensors and readings displayed in the cockpit out of pure habit, and settled down to wait. As it turned out, she didn't have to wait that long.

“Corvette Borei,” the voice, routed through from outside, was female, presumably a crewmember from the medical ship. “This is the medical ship Mercy," Maya smirked, internally basking in the small glory of being proved right, even on such a small matter. "We are off your starboard bow and are requesting permission to dock.”

“Copy that Mercy." This was Rei, taking care of business with impressive efficiency. "Docking permission granted, the crew will be standing by to guide you to the infirmary.” Rei paused, closing the comm channel and activating ship wide public address. “All hands, prepare to receive a medical team, available crew should be standing by to assist.”

Maya jumped in, hitting the intercom button to add her own thoughts before the ship docked; "And remember not to leave any weapons visible..." She patted her cyborg arm. The small knife was invisible to most sensors until released, and couldn't possibly be accessed by anyone but herself. That was a lesson learnt the hard way. She closed the channel and turned to Thallass as something occured to her. "I'm Maya Blue, by the way. Now, I assume you want to go with your grandfather? I can handle everything from here, and it's probably best I stay with the ship in any case." She indicated the door, regretting she couldn't help with Falkirk's transferral. It seemed best for her to continue to pilot, but Thallass should be with his grandfather, she thought.

The medical ship docked, extending a tube which connected the two airlocks. Maya let out a slow breath. It was out of their hands now.

Maya didn't see what happened next, but soon the medical ship left as quickly as they had arrived, heading towards the planet.

“Corvette Borei,” the same voice from before hailed over the comm, “You are cleared to follow us to the surface.”

“This is Valrar Control,” the male voice broke in, “you are cleared to dock in bay 30.”

“Understood, Valrar control.” Rei said. “Pilot, please follow the heading given by Valrar Control.”

Maya complied, following the Medical ship down smoothly. The landing was almost perfect, although there were a few small bumps upon entering the atmosphere that Maya assured herself were probably down to the ship, not her piloting skills. She wondered who had stayed aboard, and which of the crew had chosen to accompany the Falkirks. In the meantime, she thought she'd head to engineering, and check her arm hadn't been damaged in the panic of only a few minutes ago. She landed in bay 30, and waited a few moments, making sure to lower the boarding ramp for anyone wishing to leave or explore for whatever reason and trusting Rei to prevent any intruders.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, anyone who heard the intercom and I'm too lazy to tag right now.