main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Call to the Shadows.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rezrat, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    *Steps out of the shadows that are cast down by the surrounding pillars and from underneath the stars above begins to speak*

Welcome my fellow brothers and sisters, I come before you on this day to call out to all who find themselves not trusting the Jedi's ways of handling things, and to those who are not bent upon gaining power for their own means.

*Turn around to stare at all who have gathered*

For those who've stumbled across this meeting who follow the teachings of the jedi, or for those whose only interests are in where power is gained, this is not the place to be, if however you are here to discuss those matters and more, be welcomed.

I wish to say here and now that I beleive there should be a balance in the force, but this means to me that there shall be both the jedi and those dark lords. This is merely my belief and that of my brothers who will hopefully show himself soon aswell.

One goal of mine for showing myself now is to unite me and a few others who beleive much as I do, into a means of protecting a true ballance.

*Speaks a little louder and grandly prounounces himself*
    I am Shinko Kenkou, Patron of the Shadows and Seeker of a True Justice and please be welcome to relax and converse with me.

( Please try and keep this an in character thread, it is great for character building of all types and if you do not have a character as lots do not please act as much as you could as a "jedi" or "sith" or another "dark lord" as you can..or ofcourse as a patron of the shadows )

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I greet Master Kenkou in fellowship and brotherhood. I am Master Vosh Salvarr a fellow denzien of the shadows and seeker of true balance.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    *The Speederbiker straddles his Swoop at the edge of the crowd and watches the newcomer carefully. Unbuckling a leather strap, he removes the black and grey helm that reveals his face. To those around, just another biker in dirty leathers and sweat-slicked hair. But there is more... His beard recently shaved, and his redish hair darkened by dye and lengthened by extensions in order to more fully hide his true identity. A hand goes up to the mouth, in a unconscious gesture of smoothing down that which is no more. He shields that which has up until recently been his ally and listens intently.*

4. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Be welcome Master Salvarr, I remember ye from our last conclave of shadows that is before we had to disperse so suddenly. I was beginning to beleive that the other shadows had become far too distant for my words to reach, and I must admit I nearly gave up hope, but now that I see there is still knights of the true balance I will no longer falter in my faith, and also has any of you seen my brother Chuushin as of late I have not heard of him or his fate.

*Faces the new unknown on the speeder*
    And to you be welcome in this place between the light and darkness.

5. The_Ewok

The_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    *speaks out from the shadows next to a pillar a few yards away from his brother*
    my apologies for my late arrival brother. i was...delayed after our abrupt dispersment when last we met.

*he turns to master vosh*
    it is good to see you again master vosh. as i am always gladdened to see a fellow seeker of the true balance.

*he turns to the stranger*
    and who, pray tell, are you stranger?

6. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    *paces up to his brother and gives him an embrace worthy of a wookie*
    Its truly great to see you again brother.
    *now with a slightly visible smile on the side of his face he turns around and waits for more to arrive*

7. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    *A figure clad in the brown robes and tan tunics of a Jedi, walks boldly out into the open*

Since you made welcome Jedi who wish only to discuss matters relating to the FORCE, share thier viewpoints and well as listen to yours, I will make myself known to you. I am Jedi Master Zhi-don Aquintas, follower of LIGHT and wielder of the FORCE. I come in peace and would welcome a chance to converse with you all. Perhaps others will come, even those who follow the DARK side,that they may have their say and so that the circle will be complete.

*He turns to look around him*

8. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    *Bows to the new arrival* Master Zhi-Don it is good to see you again, I look forward to communing with you.

9. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Indeed be welcome Master Aquintas and know that I too would love to discuss matters of all sorts but let it be known also that my goal and the goal of many of the shadows are to see a balance in power between the Jedi and the Dark lords. In an attempt to attain this goal me and many knights of the true balance will if need forcefully maintain.
    Please dont take this as a threat I just want to make sure that we know where each stand.
    *bows deeply before the Jedi Master*
    The same goes towards those who follow the dark ways.
    And yes both are welcome but quarrels shall be settled away on the battle field or elsewhere.
    Oh yes and before I forget, it is a pleasure Lord Zhi-Don

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Swings leg off of swoop and stands before those in front of him.*

"I'm interested in your words. The ways of Light and Darkness have always been an interest to me."

*He smiles and nods in the direction of the beings in front of him. The biker then subtly makes eye contact with Master Zhi-Don and nods again.* As for me, I make my living on the Galactic Swoop bike circuits. But as I am a Seeker of Truth, I wish to learn more of which you speak. *His right hand goes up to sweep hair out of blue-grey eyes with an unconscious movement.*

"I'm known as Ben."

11. The_Ewok

The_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    *he returns the embrace to his brother, his facial expression lightened slightly at seeing his brother once again*

*he then turns to the jedi master*

I welcome you to our gathering master zhi-don, and i welcome your opinions. for as shadow, it is our duty to look toward both sides of the rivalry between light and dark, and in it seek a true balance. for without understanding, there can be no balance.

*he turns to the biker*

and i welcome you also Ben. one who seeks truth and knowledge is always welcome among us.

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Smiles* "Thanks. Now that you have our attention, what exactly is it that you wish to say?" He listens intently.

13. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    My appologies for the slow reply my mind was elsewhere. But, yes, what I have to say is that we of the shadows shall build a new counsil of the shadows. This will be a counsil ofcourse for discerning the best course for actions to be taken to ensure a true balance between both sides of the force. Everything is open for conversation between all followers of the shadows. Will we all be considered equal or will we take into account how powerful some are compared to others and should that effect their say in matters of the counsil. My belief is that the weaker should join with the stronger and follow their lead but also we must recognize that even though one may be strong in the force doesnt make that one wise in the ways of the force.

14. The_Ewok

The_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    i must point out also, that unlike the long and arduous meetings of the light side counsil, we will take action. no offense intended to the light side jedis, but the jedi counsil that they have created spend days upon discussion of matters that require immediate action at times. we will take the actions neccesary to maintain the balance, whether it be considered "good" or "bad".

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The Biker listens intently, a slight frown betraying his thoughts. He continues to stroke the non-existent beard. Fnally he speaks:
    "From what I have heard... quick decisions aren't necessarily the wisest. Perhaps thats why the Jedi Council took they're time. *While he speaks with the brogue of the off-worlds, his words share that there is more to him than meets the eye.*

16. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    *Zhi-don scratches his beard thoughtfully before speaking. When he does talk his words hold much meaning*, "It is said that those who assume a neutral position are sometimes attacked by both sides. Would you use force to acheive a balance between Light and Dark? You risk much by placing yourselves in the middle of something that could easily destroy you. You say you wish to bring balance to the Force, what of the prophesy of one who will bring balance to the Force. This person would have be very special indeed. Perhaps one of you," *He looks around a those present* "Or perhaps someone you know," *He looks directly at Ben when he says the last* "Either way, there can be no Light without Darkness and no Darkness without Light. We choose to serve the Light"

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Walks over to stand beside Master Zhi-Don, but addressing all* "It seems that the Jedi here," *cocks head towards Zhi-Don* "might be on the right track. How can you appreciate the light, if you've never fought the darkness? And what exactly is this "Prophesy" that's been mentioned?" *Looking again at the one who called the meeting* "Shinko Kenku, you talk of "balance" and now there is talk of "prophesy." "How does it all tie in together?" *A glance again at Zhi-Don and an almost imperceptable movement of the hand, for he does not want the Master Jedi to speak just yet. He wants to hear how others intrepret that which he grew up with. That which he personally witnessed, and that, in which he feels he failed. And, for a moment, it is once again good to stand next to a Master.*

18. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    "I personally do not worry about the prophecy of which most have heard of,"
    *continues with a shrug*
    "sounds great and if it comes to be then so be it."
    *Addresses Master Zhi-Don*
    "I do not feel I am that being hence it doesn't concern me, and tis true we following the shadows will most likely be attacked by those on both sides of us."
    *Kenkou's face now showing a hint of sadness*
    "And where you stated Master Jedi, there cannot be one without the other, is what we of the shadows believe in more than anything, and we mostly agree that it would be best to keep both sides of the force in a state of equilibrium, or as close as possible."

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ben glances at Master Zhi-Don, blue-grey eyes indicating that he is willing to follow the Jedi's lead.

20. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    *Zhi-don nods* Perhaps I should mention that this prophecy, written by the great sage Lucas, indicates that balance will be restored when the Sith are no more. This would tend to show that Light will prevail over Darkness. This is what many of us who serve the Light also believe. However price to be paid for this balance to be achieved may be at the cost of many lives....from all sides.

21. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    *Kenkou listens to the Jedi master and then responds solemnly*
    "You said yourself Master-Jedi, there cannot be the light without the darkness."
    *Gives all pleasant smile*
    "There is much more to the dark side than Sith warriors, they do indeed represent the dark side of the force, as the Jedi represent their conterparts"
    *Bluntly asks Zhi-Don*
    "Does that keep others from pulling on the force of either side. Will ridding the universe of the Sith fix all wrongs?"

22. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    "You make a good point, Master Kenkou, in an ideal universe all should live in peace. The goal of the Jedi is to keep peace in the galaxy." *The Jedi Master looks at Ben* "If the Sith were not so set in dominating others, then we would leave them in peace. As they have shown that their goal is otherwise, we Jedi must maintain peace, by enforcing it." *Looking around at the others* "All who live in the Republic, must live by the laws of the Republic. You are always free to leave it, and go elsewhere. If you wish to change the laws, then do so within the law. If you choose to break those laws, then it is the job of the peacekeepers to bring you to justice. I personally would like nothing more than to leave you and others to your own ends. But when those ends violate the laws and peace of the galaxy, I cannot stand by and do nothing."

23. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
  24. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    I must say, Rob sure did ruin this conversation... with his (no message) comment. It sorta made the shadows run and hide

25. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I have a pretty strong belief about the force and the light and dark sides. I know I am different then most but I feel the light side is the only way to go. I think the shadow side is sitting on the fence and not standing up for what is right. I disagree with the way the force is used in the NJO as far as using the dark for a good intent. I think there is enough light side techniques and practices that you can use that do not require harnessing evil.

I also will never agree with doing evil for a good purpose. The only thing I do believe in that skirts the shadow is a preemptive strike against someone who is sure to be doing evil. Like Ben Kenobi chopping up Anakin. Or Mace attempting to end Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.