main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling all Actor's in Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Ranouch_Heath, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    I found this link on my site http://www.universalextras.co.uk/index4.php
    Actors/Extra's are wanted for filming with in the Middlesbrough area in January 2007

So come on guys its your chance to join in

Males in Middlesbrough who can swim
    We are looking for males of all ages and looks who are based in and around the middlesbrough area.

This is for a documentary reconstruction of the Sydney to Hobart boat race.

All males must be able to swim.

The date and time is not exact as this will be filmed in Jan07. Filming in Middlesbrough
    From 10/01/07
    At 09:00:00
    For 2 days
    Catering Provided £80/day

2. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Im Guessing No one is Interested in this one Hey !

Best Not tell you about the Extras needed to play German Soldiers in Glasgow next year for a Horror film (£100 a day)

3. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    If you can get me some more info - I may be interested

just don't fancy having to register without knowing all the facts

4. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    This was actually advertised in the students union on the jobs board lol, too bad they were only looking for males lol

5. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    There you Go Spikey They are wanting Students Too !
    Maybe you might find some more info there ! Im waiting to hear back any info myself (Ive already applyied for a Horror film in Scotland )
    See - http://boards.theforce.net/scotland/b10203/25803319/p1/?0

6. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    I got a Phone Call this afternoon from the Film company offering me one of the roles
    Im waiting to hear back with more Infromation !

7. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Info about the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_to_Hobart_Yacht_Race

8. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    98 Sydney to Hobart Yacht race reconstruction

You will be taking part in this documentary reconstruction of the 98 Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.

You will be playing crew members in this fatal race that when a storm broke out destroyed many of the Yacht?s and killed many of the contestants. £83/day

Filming in Middlesbrough
    From 2007-01-13
    At 08:30:00
    For 2 days
    Travel expenses paid
    Catering Provided

This is the full details I have got back from the Site in acsepting the role !
    This may be the start of my Working in Tv and Films (I Hope)

9. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    More Info I have Got from my site !
    I start work This coming Saturday - Im looking forward to doing My Green Screen work !

Job Details

Sent: 2007-01-10 15:15:08
    Uni-versalExtras 24hrs Help line: 0790 3747452 (please use any time for help)

Filming Date: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th January07

Time to arrive: Yet to be confirmed please check back Friday morning

Location: NUTEC centre for safety Haverton Hill Industrial Estate
    Billingham
    Middlesbrough
    TS23 1PZ

Please plan your route through the transport links we have on the FAQs page of the website.

Map: www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=54.5944&lon=-1.2499&scale=10000&icon=x

Parking is available but you will need to supply the production company with your car registration number. (They should be calling you, if you do not hear from them you can give the details to us to pass on)

Your contact at shoot: Lenka & kate - (please check back on Friday morning for number) (only use on day) If you have any problems please call us as well.

Details: You will be playing participants / crew members who took part in the 98 Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

Clothing: You will be supplied with costumes to wear on the day.
    Please can you still take with you warm clothing and a change of clothing as you will be getting wet. E.g. thick sockS, spare jumpers, polo shirts and a towel.
    As part this production please can you not shave until after the filming.

Extra details: You have anything you like to read or work this is a good place to do it when you are not filming.
    Food and drink will be supplied to you throughout filming.
    Any over-time will be paid at £6.74 per half hour.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE LET US KNOW, NO MATTER WHAT THE TIME IS. i.e. for some reason you cannot make shoot. Please remember this is a job like any other so be professional at all time, the production company are looking forward to working with you.

(Do not take someone with you without letting us know as you will not be paid and maybe asked to leave the set. Just ask us.)

10. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Day 1

I arrived at the Water Test Centre In Billingham Stockton @ 11am where I was given my paperwork and told what I was looking at doing - By 12 Noon (Dinner Time)in the canteen (Green room) Where I met peter and Oilly two other extras stuart turned up later That make four of us,
    We were Given Our Costumes (Full body Wetsuit & A Polo shirt a pair of water proof trouses and wellies _ the other guys wore Jackets I had a Woolen Jumper) we were sat around for most of the day and basicly we went needed at all.

We left to come home at 6.30pm

Day 2

I arrived on set for 8am and after having my cup of Tea and waiting for the other Extra's to Turn up By 9am We were All kitted up again (Those wet suits take some putting on) By the time we were ready we on set in a small boat being covered with Fire hose's of Cold water "From the mains - so you can guess how cold that was" I got totaly covered and wearing my Woolen jumper I was starting to notice the boat That had two very small holes in it was starting to sink!
    After what was 5 minutes The Boss called Cut and we stopped filming were I was asked out of the Boat and my stand in was to take my place - I was told my one of the crew if I stand on the end of the boat I should find a step then jump over to the ladders and get out ! There was NO step and As soon as I steped off the back of The boat I dropped Under the water.

The water in the tank was 3 meters deep I hit the Bottom before coming up and finding my way out of the pool wheile the other lads got covered in Tones of cold water ! It didnt help as I too was joining the Crew By dumping buckets of water over the Lads heads in the Dinney !
    We then stopped for Dinner This was about 2pm - It was out and change into Normal Clothes after Dinner It was back into our Costumes ( for some reason I could get my Left willie on I later found out Id caught some skin on my heal and this made it hard to walk even) So I whatched peter and Mark in the Rig finishing the end of the shoot.

By now the time was 4pm (Dont time fly)and it was the End of the shoot!
    That was the easyest £166 I ever Got.

I was talking to one of the Actor's who's based in Newcastle and He kindly Gave me a Web site to join for more work

http://www.northernprocasting.co.uk

The Program will be on Sky and Freeviw sometime this year Im told whatch out for me

Dave

11. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Glad you had a good time [face_peace]

wish I had the time to apply for it - but as it was I spent all Saturday & Sunday doing uni work [face_frustrated]

I'll check out that link though :D

12. STEROCKS

STEROCKS Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2007
    Gutted, we are occational actors, any more just hollar :)

13. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.