main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CALLING ALL BANNER MAKERS!! - LOGOS IN FIRST POST!! Please Create Us A New Banner!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Sheesh, Missy has to know everything doesn't she? :p

You added the WAFC on the first page and I thought it'd help with the annoyance.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I Like to know whats going on. ;)

3. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I'm not calling this the final product, but rather the 'concept art' if you will. Feedback, comments, etc are always welcomed and trust me, I'm open to the nitpicking ;)

Onto artist notes/explanations.

So I went with the general thumb of not having all the logos cluttered against each other, the exception being the first one to the left and that's because it's the Wild Knightz logo which is a part of the NJO/LOTF. There's seven logos on the main banner, eight on the back one. Several logos had a black background or black pixels left over from the artists trying to erase as much possible, so I basically made the banner's background black.

Unfortunately, the Imperial Knights and the DoD logos look awful in the sense that you got to make them out - not fun. I had no idea what to put as the ad holders and the background there was planned to be white, so that's the reason why they're there instead of up on the banner with the rest. You'll also notice that the post reply image has the same logos as those on the back banner (with the exception of two or three), that's because I'm well aware not everyone has a high resolution monitor (mine finishes just where the Mara logo comes if you notice). So I thought why not readd them onto the post reply image, that way the members of those clubs who can't see the banner that far will still have their group's logo in sight. :)

[/end rambling]

Sorry for all that info and like I said, you're all allowed to tell me your opinion. So with that: Nitpicking Season is open!

Banner with stylesheet idea/concept art
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/antillesjanson/Public%20Zone/EUC_logo_style.png]

Back banner in its enitrety
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/antillesjanson/Public%20Zone/back-1.jpg]

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That looks fantastic!! Really great work there Fallen! The only thing is I'd rather see the EUC & TF.N brighter and more visable....Other than that I really like it...

5. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    *brinds out datapad and starts jotting the notes*

Brighter, gotcha. Had been thinking about that... say keep it in the purple range or should I look for something elsewhere on the colour spectrum?

6. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    "Impressive. Most impressive."

However: Don't know what you're using to put these together, but if you use Photoshop, you can use a gradient for the background and make dark and light areas on the same plane. That way the logos with darker borders (like my Mara logo) can go against the lighter background and vice versa. If you can't, what you have looks great.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Nice work Fallen, I like it. You get a brownie!

8. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Madman, thanks. I actually do know all about gradient maps (and I do use Photoshop), I just hadn't thought about it... [face_blush]

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Although I think Fallens effort is fantastic, are there any other entrants yet?

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anyone? listens to echos

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    bump

I'm going to give this till the end of November, if we only have one submission, then that submission will win!! ;)

12. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Too bad the entries for individual fan club logos are over... I kept looking for a Kerra Holt/Knight Errant fan club, and didn't find one. I JUST founded the fan club for Kerra and KE earlier today (or was it yesterday? So hard to keep track... *sigh*).

Ah, well- we're still brand-new and not large enough to warrant a logo yet anyways. There've been only like, what, three people that have posted in it so far? :p

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    dewback - if you would like we could seek out someone to create a Knight Errant banner for us.

Edit: I'm also concerned about the placement of some. So the second row is going to be behind the Post Reply or Google box? Or is that same row also behind the main banner? I'm confused.

14. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I would SERIOUSLY love it if we could get someone who actually knows their way around image manipulation to make a logo for the Kerra/KE fan club. Thanks for the suggestion, Sey! :D

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I dont know much about this stuff Sey, might see if Fallen can pop in and explain it.

16. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Well, here's hoping we can get someone to help us whip together a logo and get it in before banner submissions are over. *crosses fingers*

17. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Worry no more! Madman to the rescue. I whipped this little logo up tonight. I admit I didn't know that much about Knight Errant and Kerra Holt. Thank the Maker for Wookiepedia! I saw that she tried to infiltrate the Sith, so I framed the logo around a Sith symbol. I personally like the color scheme, but if you don't I'd be happy to change it. Or anything before Nov 30th. Hope you like it!

[image=http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/Mad_Andrew/Star%20Wars/kerraerrentknightclublogocopy.png]

18. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    It wasn't so much that she tried to infiltrate the Sith, more that she went behind Sith lines to try to make a difference. KE: Influx states Kerra really doesn't LIKE posing as something she's not, to boot.

Awesome first try- can we get something a little less... Sith-y and a little more evocative of the whole 'One Jedi. Thousands of Sith.' thing, to quote the cover of the first issue?

19. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I'm going to guess that by second row you mean the image with the Mara, Cade, Imperial Court, Twin Suns and Wedge logos yes? If that's the case, it's actually the image that shows up when you click post reply. It takes the place of the adverts or something like that. If you meant the one with the black background, then in that case it's the back image of the main banner (i.e. it's the one that'll repeat in the banner for those with huge reslotuions).

Hopefully that cleared any confusion, although if it didn't, please feel free to let it be known. As for the banner's fixing, that'll be done in hum a bit... I'm kind of popping in sparodically at the moment.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just for funsies, Fallen, do you think you could try to whip up something that doesn't relegate some of the FCs to the post reply or background image? I'm aware it's a tall order, since something has to go there and not everything can fit--but seeing as we don't have many alternates, it'd be nice to see what we could do about it.

21. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I just want to be sure I got this. We're talking about putting everything on the main banner so those who have 800x600 screens can see all the banners?

And curiousity, because I know we're having issues with banners in general on the boards, should I try to make this 'funsies' banner with the new style (no curve/sidebar that is)?

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Curve/sidebar is fine. The board problems related to the Javascript that is used to make the banners function with the boards. Grimby has stripped out some stuff (like the dropdown menus) that might have led to our problems. Once he has tweaked his new setup we plan on converting a set of banners (probably one per forum plus some for special events or holidays). Until then all of the boards will be wearing this banner. (Some of the Fan Force boards are unaffected as their banners hadn't been converted to the new banner code.)

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    THREE MORE DAYS TO GO

24. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    So, any more progress on a less... Sith-y Kerra Holt/Knight Errant Fan Club logo? I'd do it, but my image manipulation skills (and I use that term loosely) are limited to Microsoft Paint. [face_blush]

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.