main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Calling All East Texa Sci-Fi Fan's

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by gods_child_morrow, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gods_child_morrow

gods_child_morrow Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey is there any body from East Texas, and not just Dallas?
    The reason I?m posting on this bulletin board is simply because it?s the closest to where I live.
    So might any of you live in Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Palestine, Flint, Frankston, Kilgore, Quitman, or Nacogdoches? If you live anywhere near these cities please let me know, and maybe we could start up the East Texas chapter of ?theforce.net?

p.s. thanks for the kind and humorous response to my posting ?Question? How can a Sci-fi guy fan, find a Sci-Fi girl fan?? But I really have not as of yet read a real answer to the question. By the way I own my own home, and both of my parents are dead. So I can?t Sponge (Bob Squar Pants) off them.
    Don?t you think that would be a plus, my would be wife will not have to dill with
    in-laws --just a thought-- :)0}

2. Drayyk_Oloan

Drayyk_Oloan Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I live in a small town near Athens at the moment(near Tyler)...same thing here, this was the closest chapter.

3. gods_child_morrow

May 24, 2002
    well this makes two of us. I'm glad you posted. I wonder how many peope there needs to be before you can open up a chapter? So is it just Star Wars you like or is it all Sci-Fi? With me it's all Sci-Fi, and Star Wars it the cherry on top.

4. Drayyk_Oloan

Feb 21, 2002
    Mostly Star Wars...though fans in this area are few and far between(thank God for the internet!)

5. gods_child_morrow

May 24, 2002
    hey I saw that you put me on your Yahoo messenger. What's your ID at Yahoo?

6. Drayyk_Oloan

Feb 21, 2002
    lancelot22k

7. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I used to live out in that area, and I had a Star Trek fan club out near Cedar Creek Lake, so I know how hard it is to get any kind of fan organization started in the Outer Regions.

Anyway, I give you lots of credit for trying and hope it works out for you.

8. gods_child_morrow

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for your posting of support. I have tried a few times to get something going out here but nothing ever seems to come of it. I guess I'm on a lonely journey, picking up a few souls here and there. Someday maybe soon more will come out of their dark hiding places.

If any one is interested in going to see "Men in Black 2", that lives within 50 miles of Tyler Texas let me know.:)~}

So on I go looking, and maybe I will find the lost 13th tribe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.