main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Calling all Edmontooine members... time to get some Board Graphics designed....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Hi all!!!

With the choice of our Official Chapter Name, we can now move into the next phase of development: the creation of board graphics.

I call upon each and every one of you to put some thought into this. There are some very cool graphics on the other boards, and I don't want us to be left behind... :)

Once you have some ideas, you have a couple of options:

Option #1

If you have some skills at Photoshop or other graphics programs, you can build your own banners, and then email them to me and I can host them on the website for when the final voting phase comes in. Please check at the bottom of this post for the technical details.

Option #2

If you have no graphical design skills whatsoever, but have an awesome idea for our banner, don't despair. I would be more than happy to create your graphics for you. All I would ask is:

- You make a very quick sketch (doesn't have to be a Monet) and scan and email the picture to me. Or if you prefer, you can describe in VERY much detail what you want, and what you would like where.

- You take a few minutes and download any special pictures that are required, Zip them up and email them to me...

-OR-

(This is probably easier on both of us) simply find the pictures, and make a list of the URLs to email me. I am on a high speed connection, so don't worry about download sizes or amount of downloads, I can get em done pretty quick.

Don't worry about finding the perfect image, I can remove any background clutter and stuff like that so only the object you want is visible.

Please do not hesitate to ask me to design your graphics for you. I REALLY enjoy working in Photoshop with graphics, so you are actually doing ME a favor by letting me play around. :D

Remember, your ideas don't neccesarily have to be anything specific, as long as they are Star Wars releated, they are fine. You don't have to go with a theme, you can just put some cool graphics together. The only thing that is probably required is that you display the name of either "Edmonton FanForce" or "Edmontooine" or something similar, but that is about it.

If you have any suggestions on how to make this easier, or if you have any further questions, please post em on the thread here and we can work em out.

Lets get to work!!! :)

Indy

Now for the technical stuff for those of you who are designing your own graphics.

The images are all a certain size. They are:

Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - 764 x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

Please make sure that your Main Banner Image and your Main Background Image flow into each other smoothly... as you can see at this link, the default graphics here on the messageboard match up... I also included the "curve image" so you can get an idea of what it looks like (I colored the white part pink for better effect).

Basically you are making one BIG graphic, and splitting it into two 764 pixel wide images. That being said, of course, if you are running in 800 X 600 like me, you don't even see the Background Image, so make sure all the things you WANT to be seen are on the Main Banner Image, such as our Chapter name, etc.

Also remember, the larger the file sizes, the longer it will take for the board to load up, so try not to make huge files... :)

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hello Indy.

If you would like I will offer my services. My career is a graphic designer, and I would just like to let you know that if you'd like just ask :)

:)

Justin

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Nobody has any ideas for this?

Anybody working on banners?

Hello? *echo* Hello? Hello... hello...

:)

Indy

4. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    I could lend my services. Here's my suggstion: Mix in tatooine plains, vaporators, the spaceport, and skyreach center.

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Don't forget the snow!!! (something kind of similar to the Canada General board...)

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Design away General Tekno... let's see what you can come up with...

That is a good idea Darth Haggis... was thinking of substituting snow for sand. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.