main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Calling all HOGS ! (who's out there)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    This is a post for us to get aquainted.
    ex. name, location, what type of fan are you ( books, movies, toys...) also do any of you have costumes.

2. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello my name is Henry aka Nyborg13. I live in Carlisle, 30 miles East of Little Rock. Basically if it has Star Wars on it its mine, (haha) mostly it is 3 3/4 figures, some 12" and alot of Legos.
    Its a toy store around here.
    My wifes name is Julia shes mostly a fan because we are. She goes to keep my son and I under control.
    My sons name is Tre' two years ago now he was voted by Hasbro as having the largest Star Wars collection for young kids in the state, with know over 400 figures in his collection alone.
    Henry
    TK????
    Oh almost forgot I have a Stormtrooper costume nearly complete.

3. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Ryan

Student

Junior in High school

jacksonville

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Lin- just visiting from Memphis.

Spent some time in Pine Bluff a few years back. No, not in the prison down there- just working in the Pines Mall! Get to Little Rock every now and then, but usally just to go to the airport.

Glad you got the ARK boards going- good luck and MTFBWYA!

5. byrdnest

byrdnest Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    my name is lisa and i live in malvern. my hubby just laughs at me but he more than tolerates my obsession. i collect 12in fig and books mainly. or obscure stuff. who can say they were at the first showing of anh and first in line??? other than me. i teach high school english and the kids all know about me and sw. i even teach it in an elective that gets offered every other year. i make my own costumes and have a few jedi and a twilek costume. right now i am working on halloween costumes.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Lisa! Let's see our commonalities: I teach high school band and live in Hot Springs. [face_laugh]

That's cool that you get to teach Star Wars to the kids. How cool is that?

I didn't see ANH in the the theaters the first go 'round. I believe I saw it a few years later when they released it around TESB, I believe. I could be wrong, but I do remember seeing it as a child (around 8-9 years old).

Planning on going to C3? (Can't remember if I already asked you.)

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey :) I live in Jacksonville, stationed at Little Rock AFB.
    I'm a huge SW fan :D both OT and the newer movies as well. Going to C3 next year as well.

As for things... hrmmm got tons of movies and lots of SW figures hehehe mainly the newer Episode figures.

Big fan of Qui-Gon and Dooku ;) And also Obi mainly Ep II Obi. Though I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy Ep III Obi. I know I'm gonna enjoy Ep III Anakin hehehehe [face_devil]

Lots of fantasy books and mainly SW books as well. Love fantasy, action, some drama, some comedy, and sci-fi movies.

Me and my son have Jedi costumes ;) and yeah we'll be wearing them at C3. I wore mine to GenCon and also my AD&D 'Black Raven' Costume. (mainly AD&Dish clothing all black)

8. danielarnold

danielarnold Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    My name is Daniel Arnold. I've been looking for a fan club for some time. I came across this while I was searching on the internet. I'm 30 and I've been a fan since 1980. I didn't see episode IV until it came out on video. I did see Episode V and VI in the theaters. I am a second grade teacher in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I have been a lifelong Star Wars Fan. I have had just about everything that has ever been made to do with Star Wars. I started recollecting in 1995 when all of the new figures and toys were released. I have an entire second floor of my house filled with Star Wars toys. I'm looking for someone to go to Celebration III with. If you are going alone, let me know. Maybe we can go together.

9. Deja_Vu

Deja_Vu Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    My name is Lelia, I'm 18 and a freshman at Hendrix College in Conway.

I like both trilogies, but I prefer the original trilogy, my favorite characters being Luke and Vader. I have somewhere around 90 Star Wars books (including such things as some of the ever-so-lame Galaxy of Fear and Junior Jedi Knights books), but I prefer the pre-NJO stuff, most especially Timothy Zahn's books. On tape, I have both the regular and the Special Edition of the OT, and on DVD I have all five SW movies that are out. Erm, I'm subscribed to the Insider, and I have a fair amount of action figures....Erm, yeah.

:D

10. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Sweet Arnold I am from Van Buren, we need to get our own Ft.Smith FanForce going on.

11. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    My name is Greg, I live in Hot Springs.

I'm a radio Disc Jockey for 105.9 KLAZ. Greg Allen is me. Its really cool to find out about more fans around the area.

I am a books/Movies/Comics fan. I would be a toy collecting fan..but I just cant do it, I remember back when the special edition came out, they were handing out these special edition Luke Skywalker jedi figures at I think Central City 10 Cinema(where I am also employed) and I opened it! I want to kickmyself everyday for doing so. Soooo keeping in tradition...I tend to open everything I own. So yeah, collecting is a not good for me.

12. Cronel

Cronel Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm Brandon, Hot Springs also. We have a small group of fans here. I'm a friend of Greg's, heh.

I'm pretty much an all around Star Wars fan, minus the RPG game. I try to somewhat keep up with comic knowledge but I am behind. Watch the movies all of the time. As for the games, I live then. Major fan of the card game and Galaxies at one point in time. I collect whatever I can when I have the money. Oh, and I'm probably one of the biggest Wedge fans you'll meet.

13. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Oops I guess i was supposed to tell a little about myself. My name is Cody, I live in Van Buren (the town to thenorth of Ft.Smith). I watch the movies all the time, I colect the books (just started) and try to collect toys but I also have kids so they usually get played with.

Originally came to the TF.N for spoilers, but got sucked into writing fan fics and now I hardly check out the spoilers. :p

14. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    That's cool that some of you guys are from Hot Springs. I live here too. I thought I was the only one here from the area. Great to have you guys on board! :D

15. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I think you teach at my highschool..er Alma Mater dont really go there anymore.

16. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Jacob from Memphis.
    My parents live in Chenal, so I am there quite often and know Henry, Julia and Tré from Suspicious Mind Trick events here.
    Fan of almost everything. I collect 3.75 inch figs and accessories, some MOC, toy lightsabres and the new minis...
    I just started costuming. I am working on a jedi costume and would like to eventually do a Fett, TIE pilot, Quinlan Vos and more.
    I like the novels and the comics. I just finished reading the NJO over the summer and Medstar 2 a few weeks ago. I concentrate on Republic comics, but I may start picking up Tales and Empire.
    I am going to C3 and am interested in carpooling. I have a mini-van but will be going alone-so if 2-4 people wanted to chip in on gas...
    What did I forget.
    My wife of 6 years, who I refer to on the boards as Moonpie,
    Christian, going on 4 in March
    Everett, 2 this month
    MFA candidate in Sculpture
    Also a casual Harry Potter and LOTR fan, along with soccer, U2, and Spain and food therefrom (ask me about cheese if you want an earful).

17. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    My name is Joe, I'm currently living in Conway... I'm a College student... I go to Hendrix College... I'm pretty much a fan of everything, although some things are held back because of lack of money... I love all the movies, I do some collecting (although for the moment I'm limiting that to only very specifical fields of collecting), I love the books, I love the comics, I love the RPG, I love pretty much everything Star Wars... I'm originally from Dallas, but I felt that I was too busy during High School to join up with that fanforce, although I ended up attending alot of events with them anyways... but now I'm going to be here in Arkansas... so thats me... as to costumes, I am currently working on two, although they are far from being complete at this point... hopefully assistance from parents will help me over christmas... I feel that I must have a stormtrooper outfit, so I'm working on that, and at the same time I'm also working towards an Obi-Wan outfit... this is what I hope to wear to Episode III, so I am going to perfect it... but right now both of those are practically non-existant, being present only in my mind and on the drawing board...

18. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey there fellow Force Fanatics. I live in Jacksonville. I love all things Star wars (Especially collecting!)and consider it a great pursuit of happiness. I have a Jedi costume, props(Master Replicas)mainly, figures, books(alot), And other things. So when do we plan on having the 4th meeting? I'd love to come provided work doesn't scratch my plans. I plan on going to the Celebration 3 event in Indianapolis too. I believe I met one of the gang at the NLR ToysRUs. He and I were trying to find Silver Vader's without creases. He and his wife showed me some great pictures of his collection. If you're out there Hello!! Other than that I plan to be part of your group if you'll have me!! Once again Hello to evryone and thank the Force we're finally on the map!!

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey ForceConduit! Where abouts in Jax do you dwell? I'm right outside the base well somewhat *snrk* been working there (on the base for lil over 10 years - stationed for 8 yrs there now working as a civie there).

That'd be sweet if you can join us for the next meeting :D

20. ForceConduit

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey KynStar. I live on Smithwick Dr. at Oakwood Apts. It's right next to the base. Also evreyone my name is Darren. Forgot to mention that!!

21. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Woot

Jacksonville PEps....

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Welcome Darren. You must'a' met Henry and Julia at the store (He keeps his collection pics in his wallet--LOL--I mean, and WELL HE SHOULD! ;) )

I'm a part-time LR member--live most of the year in Memphis.

--Jacob
    MTFBWY

23. ForceConduit

Nov 19, 2004
    Yeah that was him alright!! He and his wife are cool. It's good to know alot of people collect as adults. I felt outta place trying to justify butting in front of kids and old people to get a new figure before all my friends!! Glad to know I'm not alone!

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe 31 old enough for ya there ForceConduit? hehehehe what other things do you do? Since you live like right outside my work place hehehehe

Do you do much RPGing?

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey now. Who said anything about butting in front of kids?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.