main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling All Miami Star Wars Fans!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by SpectreLeader, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpectreLeader

SpectreLeader Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Hello Fellow Fans. As you can tell, Im new to the JC. Ive read some of your posts and I have to agree with what SNS and Son of the Suns said on the "Anyone out there?" Post. It is sad that Miami has such an inactive Star Wars fan base. I would like to work with miami fans to become more active. What do you guys think? Please post your replies as soon as possible. I would really like for us to become more active =)

2. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    welcome.. this forum isn't too active unfortunately.

you can catch me on aim at severina42

star wars discussions are always great.

3. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I feel your pain Brother.
    Up here in Jacksonville it's kinda sporatic. What I have been doing is trying to cultivate the area while hanging out in Orlando. They are great people there.
    Patence, and if you are really jonesing to let your geek fly then make the drive someplace to sate your desires.
    Buzz

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Yes, it is sad, but we have to be patient. This will be an active forum when the time comes and hopefully that time isn't too far along in the future.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey there, guys and gals! :D

I'm glad to see any activity, even if it is only a few people chatting, in this forum. Remember, all it takes is three people to get the ball rolling to becoming an official FanForce chapter. Build it and they will come. ;)

If anyone has any questions about FanForce, please let me know. I'm here to help. :)

6. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Son of Suns,

Why have you not responded to my E-mails?

I have been trying to contact you. In order to get the Miami group going.

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Oh, sorry about that. I haven't checked my email in weeks. I'll go read your messages now.

8. SpectreLeader

Jun 30, 2002
    Its great to see you guys so active. Im especially glad that Son of the Suns and Sinlock_Shad-dow want to finally start up the Miami group. If you would like, i know one or two people besides myself that would be interested. Please feel free to e-mail me.

9. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    any local meetings?

10. SpectreLeader

Jun 30, 2002
    So far its a tie between Dolphin Mall and West Dade Regional Library, but were probably going to stick with Dolphin since it has a coffee shop and it can cater to our Starbucks fans. Is dolphin ok with everyone? Does anyone know if we might be able to meet @ borders in dolphin mall? I think they have a coffee shop in there.

11. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I think that Borders would be a much better than Starbucks.

That way we can have a quieter meeting. But also be able to shop mini-skirts and camcorders! :)

All we need to do now is pick a day and time. I think that 12:00 would be good.

"Fandom" had there meetings on sundays because of busy work/famely schedules.
    I don't think we'll have to pick only one day. We seem to be a younger group.
    (I was the youngest at Fandom and I'm 25)

Sinlock

12. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    hmm.. i'm 24..

dunno if any of you guys (the older ones) remember bbs's back in the day but we used to have get togethers once a month at tropical park.

how's that for a gathering? it'll definitely be quiet, we can rent a lil' area so we can bring food.. even have a grill going.

volleyball too.

sev

13. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    saturdays are the best days for me.. during the day... i'm a DJ and most of my other days i do radio shows. during the week i'm a network engineer so i work the mon-fri thing and at nights on weekdays and weekends i do radio shows and gigs and it's pretty unpredicatable schedule-wise.

usually (as long as it doesn't interfere with the same week as a lan party) i'm free on saturdays. :)

sev

14. SpectreLeader

Jun 30, 2002
    i think severina's got a great idea. some of the other people i have talked to think that dolphin isnt the best place. What do you guys think? I like the outside idea. Maybe we could meet at Tropical Park in the front parking lot and then we go to a pavilion?

15. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    i think pavillions need to be rented. there are areas that have picnic tables (like in groups of 2 big tables) that have shade that aren't necessarily pavillions. maybe we can start off like this and then move to a pavillion the more people we get?

16. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Sinlock: Just surfing for 5 minutes...By the way, Dayna is 21....and Kira just turned 1!(lol) :) As far as Borders is concerned....been there, done that....doesn't work. Too many distractions with people talking loudly, going off to read books, etc. Better have water nearby to swim in if you're doing an outdoor meeting this time of year. It's hot! Just voicing my experience. We're old $%^&s but we've done most of the popular venues.

-Axe Tredway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.