main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling all Rebels Force Users in Hsv & Hi to Lightsabre

Discussion in 'Archive: Huntsville, AL' started by Darth Sin, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    Okay, it is time for the Force users in Huntsville to come together. I personally would like to call all Star Wars lovers together, and plan a way that we can get together for 2002 in anticipation of Episode II. I hope to hear from all that get this message.

Lightsabre! Where you have been. Would like to hear from you some time.

Darth Sin!

2. FCMan

FCMan Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2000
    Howdy there. I'm from the same region. I'm from Fort Payne,about 60 miles to the east. I'm really into Star Wars,very much. TheForce.Net is an hourly webtrek for me. I'm also very smart and a student at the local high school.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, Lightsabre is no longer the RSA for the South Region, since he has now taken a position in the Global Support. I am his humble replacement. I'll let him know that there has been a request for his presence here, though. :)

Seriously, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc., let me know. You can email me at Hama@fanforce.net or send me a private message. I wish your city forum all the best.

4. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Good to hear from you guys! I hope we can get others from our area to join in, and even meet one another some day, particularly for the opening of Episode II.

Meet me over at the Episode II & III discussion forum sometime, its getting pretty hot these days, and I try and stay in the thick of things when I can.

Talk with you guys later, and thanks for the info on Lightsabre!

Darth Sin!

5. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Hey fellas. I'm a Hville boy too. Darth Sin, I think I saw you before over at the original FanForce. Hope more ppl visit the board this time. A get together would be cool, but I'm planning to be elsewhere for Episode II. Maybe next Halloween or something. Or if anyone else is going to DragonCon in Atlanta, maybe we could go as a group. There's time to mull it over... :)

6. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Sounds like a winner to me, keep me posted, I would like to be there! :)

Darth Sin!

7. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Greets to all Huntsville fans! I am about an hour north of ya in Spring Hill, TN. Just thought I'd stop in from the Nashville forum to see what's heating up here. How is everyone liking the new "look?"

8. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Hey elanrai. I have to say I don't really like the new main forums page. Too much stuff hidden in the collapsing directories, or whatever you call them. Or is there a way to have them all be expanded at the same time and I'm just too dense to figure it out? (hmmm... maybe I should look for an options page)

So whassup in Nashvegas? I read that there was a toy or collectible show up there not too long ago. Did you go? How was it?

9. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Larch, not really sure how to expand all the forums at once. I will look into it. Nashville is cold today. (lol) I heard about the show the other day, but I didn't get to go to it. Any word on how cool it was yet? Later on!

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    The_Larch:
    As far as I know, there is no way (currently) to keep all of the menus expanded. However, if there are some favorite boards that you want to keep tabs on, you can click on "Add to Favorites" at the top of each individual forum's page. It will then appear in a separate folder called "Favorites" that will appear on the JC main page whenever you are logged in. The "Favorites" menu will always be open. I've got about eight forums that I always keep tabs on, and this is a really good way to see if new messages have been posted there.

11. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Ahhhh! Cool. That's just what I needed. Thanks Hama!

12. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Whats up Huntsvegas. Now isn't this grand. Next thing you know people are going to start yelling Role Tide and War Eagle.

13. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
    Come on Huntsvegas, lets get going here.

14. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
  15. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Hello back Imperial Politician! We really need to flood this forum to get it going.

We could really use this place also to take a break from the heaviness of the Jedi Council Forums and just talk. Also, I want to make plans to meet some of my fellow Council members, starting with those here in Huntsville and the South Region.

Darth Sin!

16. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Jedi Council forums are heavy? Hrmmm...

Well I don't know what the deal is with Huntsville. Some cities have activity, some don't. FanForce just doesn't seem to want to take off.

17. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    The Larch! It is obvious that the Episode II & III discussion forum has everyone's attention; including myself. I will make more of a commitment to FanForce if you will.

I really want to try and get some other people I know who are Star Wars fans here in Huntsville to be a part the TheForce.net

See ya later!

Darth Sin!

18. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
    Does anyone know why HDCT isn't in Huntsville? EPII / EPIII has been pretty boring lately, nothing new.

19. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Imperial Politician, I have been asking the same thing for the last month. What is the deal!! I am going to pursue this this weekend and find out why. And you are right; it has been utterly boring as far as films in Huntsville.

I'll let you know what I find out! See ya!

Darth Sin!

20. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Where are you Imperial Politician??

Darth Sin! :)

21. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    I really haven't spent that much time in the Ep. II and III forums. I like speculating myself, but comparing to other people's speculations just doesn't do much for me. I just get annoyed at the elaborate plot lines fabricated from thin air or from one line of one movie, stuff like that. So it's prolly best I don't hang out there. :) I tend to just read the costuming and collecting forums, sometimes the fanfilms one.

If HDCT means Crouching Tiger / Hidden Dragon, I really want to see that too. Figures that Hville wouldn't get it. I'll be out in California next week on business (er, actually this week), and I plan to go to Chinatown in San Franciso to see the Chinese New Year celebrations. If I can't find CTHD there, well that's just silly! :)

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    You could always make the drive up to Nashville to see CTHD. It's in about seven theaters here. Great movie, btw.

23. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
    I just saw it in Nashville, and I hear its coming out in Huntsville, supposedly, in Feb.

I heard that it is possable to order a DVD version from Hong Kong already.

24. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Hello folks, I'm over here in Florence, a little less than an hour to the west of H'ville. It's nice to know that there are lots of SW fans in this area, a fact i learned when i went to H'ville to wait in line for tickets to Ep.1. Talk about a fun 9 hours!! I met lots of interesting people there, and got interviewed by every news crew at the place(well, we were the first ones there) Hope to be hearing from you folks soon.

25. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Good to hear from RingoJuna! It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can talk more sometime. Come over to the EP I & II discussion some time. I spend most of my time there(well maybe too much!! :-O)

Anyway, maybe some of us here can get together for EP II! The wait is almost unbearable!!

Darth Sin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.