main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling all Star Wars comic fans...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    I have posted another topic in regards to the "Star Wars Weekly" comics from the U.K. Basically I am searching for any and all scans or imagery of the covers to these issues of which there were over 300!!! This is the first time that I have seen Star Wars fans without a definitive answer. What if we organized a massive scavenger hunt, and got as many of us involved as possible. Is there somewhere that we could get people to post any and all covers that they might come accross? I would be willing to have them sent to my e-mail address and then organize them in a cohesive manner. When all is said and done I'm sure that theforce.net would post it in the comics section. The cover artwork for these books, both photo and drawn, are sort of the last untaped frontier of the Expanded Universe. Plus it would be kind of fun to see if we could do it. Here's some general info on the series. It started out being called "Star Wars Weekly" and lasted about 140 issues or so. It then changed to "The Empire Strikes Back Weekly", then to "Return of the Jedi Weekly" and fially to "Return of the Jedi Monthly". If I have made any mistakes regarding this info I apologize as this series is kind of tricky to get info on. I realize that I haven't put my e-mail address yet. I'm waiting to see what kind of response I will get first.
    Happy hunting!!

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    No need to post it twice! ;)

3. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Sorry, I was having some technical problems

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Why don't we just keep this going in the original thread, Marvel U.K..

In that thread all the stuff leading up to proposing this project is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.