Calling all TK's

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Irish501st, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

Alright so I bought 2 armor setups from Troopergear, one for me to be a ESB trooper and one for my son to be a commander trooper. I have a lot of trimming ahead as I am 5'7" and he is 5'9" and we are both not big guys. These are claimed to be NE armor kits. But ultimately are huge. Any recommendations? Any info on how you attach the armor to the suits. Been working on the helmets, as they are 3 piece helmets. So again a lot of trimming slowly, especially the ear pieces. So far I'm not happy with Troopergear as I send him emails and he doesn't even respond. The killer is - is that White Armor has him on their recommend list. Any help or points to direction would greatly be appreciated. My deadline is to have these done by October, especially with my crazy schedule.
  2. myhale99 Force Ghost

star 4
    "Talk to me, Goose!"

We'll need to hook up sometime so I can see what you got.

For trimming, get a dremel set (Wal-Mart) and some metal/plastic cutters for the trimming.

Cementing - ABS cement (any hardware store) - that's if your armor is ABS plastic.

For fastening - get some industrial strength Velcro, snaps and straps. You can get those from JoAnn fabrics.

Plastic glue gun wouldn't hurt either.

Might want to invest in some clamps, too. They could be the small to medium size.

And finally, patience. You can do it by October, but do a little at a time.

Time permitting, we could set up a get-together for a little armor assembly.
  3. BobbyFromBUF Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey there, I also have an "NE" TupperwareTK kit. I have focused on my blaster until now, but I'm finally ready to start trimming and assembling. Mine will be an ANH "Stunt". I am a similar height 5'8". So I too will need to do a bunch of trimming. Please share your progress, I'd love to follow along.
  4. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

KOOL- Yeah a Get together is welcomed---gonna try to have helmets riveted together this weekend. I'll post some pix
  5. 72Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I know AJ is interested in a TK... I will alert him to this thread. Maybe he will actually log on one day.. :D
  6. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

BUILD IS COMING ALONG NICELY - TAKING PLENTY OF PICTURES:)
  7. BobbyFromBUF Jedi Master

star 1
  8. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

NAH...I didn't do a whole thread..just documented with photos - I put some on facebook. Got both helmets done and one set of armor complete...start and finish my armor this week
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.