main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CALLING ALL WRITERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by numbah1fan, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numbah1fan

numbah1fan Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    i need a screenwriter for a trilogy set after rotj.it will be half audio book half audio drama.i have written the first 3 scenes. it will give you the basic idea of the plot.I WILL help u

here are the 3 scenes i have written

NARRATOR:A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR,FAR AWAY...
    (STAR WARS THEME PLAYS)
    NARRATOR:STAR WARS
    SECOND STRIKE
    EPISODE I
    SET IN MOTION
    3 YEARS AFTER THE BATTLE OF ENDOR
    THE EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING,CHAOS IS EVERYWHERE.LEIA ORGANA SOLO HAS FAILED TO KEEP THE NEW REPUBLIC TOGETHER.SHE HAS BEEN IMPEACHED AND
    REPLACED BY ANDS TROD,SON OF EMPEROR PALPATINE.HE HAS BEEN SECRETLY PLANNING TO KILL HIS FATHER SINCE THE BEGGINING OF THE EMPIRE.NOW HE HAS SET IN MOTION THE EVENTS THAT MAY SPAWN THE SECOND GALACTIC EMPIRE.....
    (STAR WARS THEME ENDS)

PART 1
    SCENE 1

NARRATOR:eek:N THE BRIDGE OF THE HALF COMPLETED SUPER STAR DESTROYER,DESTRUCTION INEVITABLE,THE IMPERIAL GRAND AUTHORITY COUNCIL IS CONDUCTING A MEETING.
    THRAWN:WE NEED TO HASTEN OUR SPEED TO CORUSCANT.
    RENTAR:I DISSAGREE,ADMIRAL.
    YAN:I PROPOSE A VOTE.ALL IN FAVOR OF LAUNCHING AN ALL OUT ATTACK ON CORUSCANT SAY AYE.
    THRAWN:AYE
    YAN:AYE
    GRIFF:AYE
    EMARDA:AYE
    YAN:WELL,THEN IT'S SETTLED,WE WILL LAUNCH AN ATTACK WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS

SCENE 2

NARRATOR:SOMEWHERE ON THE PLANET DANTOOINE,IMPERIAL SOLDIERS HAVE CAPTURED A REBEL SOLDIER.
    REBEL SOLDIER:(SCREAMS)
    STORMTROOPER:FOR THE LAST TIME WHERE IS YOUR SHIP.
    REBEL SOLDIER(WEAKLY):I'LL NEVER TELL YOU.
    STORMTROOPER:HE'S USELESS.
    (LASER BLAST)
    IMP. COMM.:ALRIGHT,MEN MOVE OUT,WE'LL SEE IF WE CAN FIND SOME MORE OF THESE WOMPRATS.

SCENE 3

NARRATOR:MEANWHILE,INSIDE THE OLD REPUBLIC SENATE CHAMBER.....
    LEIA:ALL I'M SAYING IS--
    ANDS TROD:YOU WILL BE SILENT,SENATOR.
    LEIA:I HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK HERE AND I--
    TROD:TAKE HER AWAY.
    (FOOTSTEPS)
    SENATOR ARMDA:WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT,PRESIDENT TROD?!
    TROD:SHE INSULTED ME,SHE DESERVES TO D--
    SENATOR ARMDA:SHE HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK JUST AS YOU DO!!GUARDS,HALT IN THE NAME OF THE REPUBLIC.
    (FOOTSTEPS STOP)
    TROD:THIS MEETING IS ADJOURNED!
    (GAVEL TAP)
    (SENATORS TALK AMONG THEMSELVES)
    (DOOR OPENS)
    LEIA:HAN!
    HAN:HEY!
    (KISS)

btw ands trod is the son of palpatine that was elected prez after leia's impeachment but the republic and the NJO dont know that he is palpatine's son

2. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Well first off...it's rather bland. The dialogue just sounds bad. "Aye,Aye,Aye" Sounds more like Star Trek with a bunch of Scotty clones. The mood needs to be set more too. The Narrator has to explain where this newly constructed Super Star Destroyer comes from. If the Empire is collapsing...how the hell did they build the darn thing? Was it already in mid-construction when the Empire was falling? 3 years and nobody spilled the beans about a group of Empire loyalists trying to rebuild their forces?

Needs more work.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Let me see how I can put this and cover all bases.

From a critique standpoint:

I'm assuming that you're setting this in an alternate timeline, not trying to fit within the established continuity, right? If you were, then the name of Leia as "Leia Organa SOLO" at 3 years after ROTJ would make no sense (since the marriage isn't for another year), nor would her being impeached as the leader of the New Republic (since she wouldn't be leader of the New Republic for another four to eight years, when Mon Mothma steps down).

From a Naming Standpoint:

There already is an audio drama out there named "Second Strike." It was the very first fan-made Star Wars audio drama on the internet, and still one of the biggest. I know this because, well, I'm the guy who made it and basically kicked off (with my team) the new "fan audio drama" genre on the 'net. It's fairly well-known as far as fan audio goes, and it's been featured elsewhere, including Tech TV, and it likely played at least a small part in how I (Second Strike's writer) managed to land a gig writing for Star Wars Tales last year. You're looking at major backlash within the fan audio (and likely overall fan production) community if you try to go with the name "Second Strike" for your audio drama.

I'm not sure if you're trying to somehow give a "tip of the hat" to 2S, me, or Chris Hanel (the project's other Mixer), or what, but, yeah, that's not gonna fly.

From a format standpoint:

Based on what you've said, I'm quite curious about what kind of format you're talking about. By referring to it as "half audiobook" and "half audio drama," are we to assume that some of it is read with narration, while other parts are fully-cast and non-narrated? I'm assuming it's not quite the same concept as my ChronoRadio Serial Editions, because those are just "enhanced audiobooks" with voice actors for the dialogue within a prose audiobook story. I play with a lot of formats, but I've not yet come across anything that would really be described as half audiobook and half audio drama. Any chance you could shed some light on how you're thinking of carrying out such a merging of formats? I'm intrigued, and I think the fan audio community would be as well.

From a request standpoint:

You should probably keep in mind that MOST of the time, the fan audio community doesn't readily respond to requests that basically come down to "Hey, I have this idea, but now I want someone else to write it all or me." It's very, VERY rare that this type of request gets taken on, in my experience. I can only really think of one such instance, and that was when Rich Sigfrit agreed to take up writing chores for "A Sith's Journal," but part of that was because he was already the lead voice actor for the series and had a stake in its success.

You're much more likely to get someone aboard to help write a large project such as what you're suggesting after you've already written and produced at least one small project yourself, which gives you some credibility and gets your name out there to those who might be up for helping.

I'm not saying it's impossible that someone will step up and offer to write virtually the entire thing for you, but it's very, very unlikely in the current fan audio climate.

From an experience standpoint:

In the experience of the fan audio community, it is often very hard to cast voice actors to reprise roles seen in the films. The more established characters you add to your story, the harder casting will be and the harder it will be to "hook" your audience without "breaking the third wall." You don't want the audience to be thinking "Gee, that doesn't sound like Leia." You want them to be caring abotu what's going on with Leia in your story. Again, it's not impossible, but using established characters is going to make your work much, much harder.

4. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Wow! He posted the message at the end of June and got his first reply almost two months later.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Ah, the fast-paced world of fan audio.

Well, check that: The fast-paced world of the darn-near-dead TFN Fan Audio board. The community itself moves pretty quickly, but it's almost all on the StarWarsFanworks.com board over on GalacticSenate.com.

: shrug :

6. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Well I'm assuming of course he's over on that one then. Or probably forgotten all about this thread since he had very little repsonses. Just having an idea of some sort of a Star Wars audio sequel isn't really the best way to attract people to the project. Work on the story then send out the call with better details. That's all I'm saying.

7. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Well, he asked for a writer, which typically means he needs help. ;)

I'm open for a scripting job, but it depends what you need for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.