main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling Castlevania Players!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MandalorianJango, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I was recently on gamefaqs.com and noticed they had a strategy section on Castlevania: Special Edition. I saw previews for it but never knew it was released. Could someone tell me when this was released and if you know where I could purchase this game??

2. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I know that CastleVania 64 was essentially remade for N64. Is this what you're talking about?

3. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    On the back of my Hybrid Heaven instruction manual, their is a preview for "Castlevania: Special Edition" coming soon. It shows a character I have never seen before in a Castlevania game that is what I mean.

4. Joe_The_Red

Joe_The_Red Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Yep. That's Legacy of Darkness. If you click on Special Edition, you'll notice the link takes you to the same page as the Legacy of Darkness link. It's a good game, too... in my opinion. I still prefer Castlvania stay in th 2D.

I just got Aria of Sorrow. It's totally freaking awsome.

5. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    I really enjoyed the 3d castlevania games. They were hard to control but once you got used to the controls it was and extremely fun game. I also enjoy the 2d versions. I have been a fan of castlevania since Castlevania: Bloodlines was released for the Sega Genesis.

6. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    I just beat Aria of Sorrow it's kick @$$!!!

7. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    If it wasn't the N64 Crap, they might have been refering to Castlevania Chronicles for PSX. They only made a few copy, and only EB got shipments.

Is anyone else ticked that the ps2 Castlevania will be in 3-D. All the gossip pages say 2-D! Those games don't translate to 3-D, and nobody wants 3-D Castlevania. The N64 tragicidies should have taught them that.

8. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    It could work in 3D if they actually try. It could be made similar to the Zelda games with an auto-locking whip and auto-locking special weapons.

9. Joe_The_Red

Joe_The_Red Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Nope, Gamefaqs is definitely refering to Legacy of Darkness. There is no Special Edition mentioned in the playstation section.

And the N64 games weren't that bad, they just don't compare to the 2D games. Same thing with Mega Man.

And yes. I am somewhat peeved that their making it 3D again... and like devil may cry I hear. Consoles need more 2d games. What do we have now a day? Contra, Ikaruga, Megaman Network Transmission. Just three?! That's ridiculous.

10. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    If it's like Devil May Cry, it might be pretty cool. Hopefully they'll port it to other consoles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.