main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Callista Fans Unite!! (version 5.0)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Callie, May 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    As promised, I posted another part to Maternal Instincts. This one was about Anakin trying to contact Hope again. Hope you like it!

Luke and Callista Forever!

2. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Callista isn't Cursed, Amidala, we are! Is it just me or does this new format suck! Like I wasn't already totally disallusioned with this whole internet thing, now this has to go downhill too! Sorry, I really didn't come in here to pout. What were we talking about?

Thanks for the update, Jedi15. I'll have to go check that out.

3. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    I'm gone for 6 days and look what happened!! How the heck do you work this thing?! It took me FOREVER to find 'Instincts'. I almost thought it was lost for all time on-line. I for one don't like this new look. But I guess I'll learn to live with it. What do you people think?

Cara, Your poems are just so great! Post the rest, please. I'll try to post some more of mine, that is if I ever figure out how to work this thing!

Back to Callista trivia...
    Q. What made Callista want to help Luke on the 'Eye'?
    Hint: It was something that he did.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

4. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Aha, so this is where y'all are!!!! Howdy!!!!!

My head is spinning LOL, I had no idea we moved!!!

LadyCallie: Callie decided to help Luke after she saw him being so helpful to those little creatures on the Eye. It was then that she knew this man had a heart of gold and that she should help him--and she started to fall in love with him right after :)

Luke and Callista Forever!!

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Q. What made Callista want to help Luke on the 'Eye'?
    Hint: It was something that he did.

A. He gave food and water to the tripods.

Jedi Callie beat me to it. Darn!

6. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Ok, whoa, I just want to say that the posts at the beginning of the thread were *not* posted by me! I'm not sure why it says the author is me, though... Weird...

And does anyone know if we can do HTML in the posts?

7. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Jedi Callie
    The thread merging happened all over the boards (especially in Fan Fiction). And there is also a word limit so long posts got cut off in mid-sentience.

No, the HTML does not work. Let's hope they fix that in the next upgrade.

8. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this new format is...well, *weird*. I mean, we can't even write in italics or bold anymore, and no more smilies! :-(

Still, I'm just glad that the forums are up and running again.

I'll ask the next trivia question.

Q: What were the last words spoken between Luke and Callista?

9. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Do you mean face to face or what?
    The last words she spoke to Luke was on the hologram she sent him. And they were: "And there is a lot of time in the universe."
    Spoken to his face in person is "Not on your life. I'm staying here with you." That is if you're not counting Callista's unspoken words at the end of "Twilight": "Please understand."

10. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

"Please understand."

11. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Q. What is the first planet Luke and Callista vist in "Darksaber"?

12. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Is it too rude of me to stay here without answering the trivia questions? I hate to admit it, but while I certainly consider myself a Callista fan, I'm not an expert.

13. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Nah. You don't have to answer the questions. Only if you know them. :)

14. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Wormie, of course it's not rude to stay without answering the trivia questions! You are welcome here no matter what :)

15. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Wormie, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. If you like Callista you're welcome here!

But someone please answer the question!!

16. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    The Mulako Water Quarry thing in that comet?

17. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll ask the next question.

Name the two Gamorreans tribes also on the 'Eye'?

18. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Um...was it the Gakfedd and Klagg clans?

19. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I hate it when the Callista haters thread is above this one.

What color is Callista lightsaber?

20. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Topaz, or sun-yellow.

21. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    How long is Callista's hair in 'Darksaber'?

What is your favorite Callista Trilogy book?
    Mine has to be 'Children',then 'Darksaber' and then 'Twilight'. I like 'Children' best because that's when you really get to know Callie. I also liked how the author put Threepio with Luke instead of Artoo. It's always Luke and Artoo toether, and I think it kind of messed things up. I also gave Luke someone to talk to before he met Callista.

22. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I forgot how long her hair was. Was it shoulder-length?

And as for my favorite book in the Callista Trilogy, it would have to be in this order:

1. Children of the Jedi, because how well-written Callista's character was compared to the other two.

2. Darksaber, because, like all of KJA's novels, it's really fun to read, although it completely assassinated Callie's character.

3. Planet of Twilight. EXTREMELY weird. 'Nuff said.

23. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    LadyCallie:

My favorite Callista trilogy book is--despite its heartbreaking ending that leaves me weeping everytime--"Planet of Twilight", followed very, very closely by "Children of the Jedi."

PoT has a *slight* edge over COTJ (though it's only a slight edge, because I simply adore COTJ) because we got to know Callie even more in this one. In COTJ, she didn't appear until the last half, last third of the book, and we got to see her through Luke's eyes--which was necessary, because we had to see him fall in love with her. But in POT, even though none of it was written in Callie's point of view, we got to see more just how much she loved Luke, and how much it tore her apart to have to walk away from him. I also loved the interaction between Callie and Leia, so even though Luke and Callie weren't together in this one, the Callie/Leia scenes were just as great. And well, there's also another reason that POT has a slight edge over COTJ for me, but it's best left unsaid, lest I offend someone LOL ;-).

But COTJ is definitely one of my all-time favorite books, no doubt. The scene where they meet face to face in his dream is exquisite, as is the scene where they finally come face to face for real and he realizes she's not Cray. I swear, I get chills when I read that scene where they're looking at each other and can't speak and they realize that a miracle has occured--and then he takes her in his arms and lets out this yelp of joy. It's so touching!! There are soooo many lines that get to me in this book...

"If I could ask for only one thing, one thing in my life..."

"I love you, and I will love you always..."

"Their mouths met hard: giving, forgetting, remembering, knowing. Telling her without words how groundless were the doubts that she didn't dare put into words..."

"They looked at each other, their faces reflecting a curious kinship, for a moment more like brother and sister than lovers: people who have known each other for lifetimes past..."

Oh man I'm going to get all teary-eyed again LOL!!

Ok, enough blabbing by me, but thanks for letting me share :)

24. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    whoa. Here's our lovely thread! I was really sad because I couldn't find it! Thanks to Jedi Callie for giving me the link. Now does anyone have the link to the fanfic? I'm really missing our story! The question about Callie's hair: wasn't it chin length?
    Now for a new question: how many times did Luke see Callista's reflection in a computer screen or mirror?
    Well, happy 4th of July to all that applies to, and...

Luke and Callista Forever!!!!

25. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Three times, I think. But I could be wrong!:)

I THINK Callista's hair was at lest to her chin, but I'm not sure.

I really didn't understand 'Twilight' at all. And I've read most of the book (all of the Luke and/or Callista and/or Leia parts). I've also listened to the book on tape.
    Yes, the ending makes me cry. And the parts with Leia and Callista talking are neat. But I can't understand the rest. What's with the Force-strong Hutt!?

'Children' on the other hand, is just wonderfull!
    I cryed after I thought Callie had died when the 'Eye' blew up. I really sobed when I realized that it was her in Cray's body.

I also liked how Luke was hurt for most of the book. I think it makes you realize that he's not Superman. The great Jedi can't do it all.
    After all "Sometimes there is nothing you can do".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.