Callista Fans Unite!! (version 5.0)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Callie, May 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyCallie Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I almost forgot:

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
  2. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Happy Fourth of July, LadyCallie! :)

Welcome back, Cara! I was wondering where the heck you were! I'll send you a PM (Private Message) with a link to Maternal Instincts.

Oh, and don't forget, it's Tuesday: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel are on tonight! :-D

Luke and Callista Forever!
  3. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Just wanna say that I added another post to Maternal Instincts. Enjoy!
  4. LadyCallie Jedi Master

star 4
    You people watch those shows! I never have. But if you lke them, it's ok with me. I myself don't mind a little "ER" every Thrusday nite.
  5. LadyCallie Jedi Master

star 4
    Great JEDI15! I'm going there now...
  6. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey wait, I'd like to know where "Maternal Instincts" is hiding as well!!! Pretty please? :)
  7. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You mean you can't find it either? Okay, here's the link for it:

http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=201877&page=1

Hope it works!
  8. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
  9. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
  10. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Maternal Instincts has been updated again! My newest post may be a little too sappy, though. It's when Kirana Ti is finally reunited with Arian (oh, and Heless is NOT dead; she's just out for a while).

11. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, LadyCallie, he saw her twice, but that's okeday!

It took me two reads and a couple listens to the book on tape to completely understand Planet of Twilight. Originally, I was scared to read it. I had already read some of the final goodbye between L&C (I know, it was stupid of me), and I thought that BH was going to kill her. So naturally, I was a little wary. Also, before I read it I knew almost instinctively that Callista would be in it since BH was writing it. I thought that was pretty cool.
    BH brings this poetic nature to the Star Wars Universe. She's really big on the adjectives, and I like that. That's what she does in CoTJ and PoT, and that's why I like them so much. You don't see writing like hers very often. Maybe that's why they don't like her very much. She's got a different style than most people are used to. Well, it's something to ponder...
    I'm gonna go check out the story now, so I'll talk to you all later...

PS do any of you have MSN or Yahoo! Messenger?

Luke and Callista Forever!!
  12. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I've got YIM if you want to talk to me, Cara ;)
    I'm darth_wedge_antilles.
  13. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Cara: I completely agree about BH's writing :). She's not for everyone, that's for sure--some people prefer more straight-forward prose, while others like me prefer more embellished prose like hers. I think it's simply a matter of taste as to which kind of writing we gravitate towards (me personally, her kind of writing is the kind I try so hard to emulate :)).

BH did say that when she was asked to write Callie out, she absolutely did not want to kill her off. She's very protective over her characters, and when she loves them (and she does love Callie), she watches over them like a mother would watch over her child... So rest assured, though Callie may have her share of trials and tribulations, if BH is writing her, she will not kill her off...
  14. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Cara: I completely agree about BH's writing :). She's not for everyone, that's for sure--some people prefer more straight-forward prose, while others like me prefer more embellished prose like hers. I think it's simply a matter of taste as to which kind of writing we gravitate towards (me personally, her kind of writing is the kind I try so hard to emulate :)).

BH did say that when she was asked to write Callie out, she absolutely did not want to kill her off. She's very protective over her characters, and when she loves them (and she does love Callie), she watches over them like a mother would watch over her child... So rest assured, though Callie may have her share of trials and tribulations, if BH is writing her, she will not kill her off...
  15. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, that's very true. The odd thing is, as much as I love Callista (which, by the way, I do) I love to write death scenes for her. Jedi Callie can attest to this. They're not very peaceful, either. They're downright violent. I had another pretty one going on today. Don't worry. I won't go shoot up a school. I just have a lot of violent energy to expel, and I do it by writing and killing people violently. The best part is the personal moments between Luke and Callie before that inevitable end. You know, the works: How they never stopped loving each other, how they were the best thing to happen to each other, blah blah blah. They're pretty fun and very heart/gut wrenching to write. Sorry. Guilty indulgences.

16. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I know how you feel, Cara. I can't wait to write the Luke/Callista crucifixion scene in Maternal Instincts. I'm still not sure whether to let them die or live. If they die, it'll make the ending all the more powerful. If they live, we can start on yet *another* sequel and more on the "dream demon" (which, BTW, is *not* Kara; you'll find out its identity pretty soon, which should shock everyone here).

Now, off to the story...
  17. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ooooooooo.....so clever! I've never heard anything like that before. Someone hates Callista? How shocking!

Go away goob!
  18. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    <I guess I shouldn't be here. I hate Callista.>

Gee, really? Boy, you're really smart. Yeah, since this thread is meant people who LIKE Callista (ie. people who DON'T hate her), you shouldn't be here. Bye bye!
  19. LadyCallie Jedi Master

star 4
    Way to go JEDI15!! You told him!

I'm back y'all!

By the way JEDI15, please don't kill Luke AND Callista. It would be bad enough if you killed off Callista, but both of them? Talk about heart break hotel. Think about it, if you kill both Luke and Callista, we wou't be able to write more stories about them. And Hope would never get to know her mom and dad.

I do (kind of) agree with you guys about death scenes. They are wonderfull, so much love, yet such sadness in the end.

If you really want to have Luke and Callista die, please pick one, and let the other one live in torment for the rest of their life.
  20. Casta Jedi Master

star 4
    *Casta drags the mutilated corpse of Admiral_Thrawn60 out of Callista Fan Club.*
  21. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I don't know, LadyCallie. I usually prefer sad endings to happy endings (like in TESB). If we kill off both Luke and Callie, at least they'll both get to be together in Heaven, or some other afterlife that exists in the SW universe. And as for Hope, Cara and I had once discussed letting Kyp and Tionne adopt them. But that's another story entirely.

Nothing's written in stone yet. The ending is still miles away, so I wouldn't worry about it for now. :)

22. Casta Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi15, I sense you are trailing into the classic Romantic (the big R) ballet plot-line (e.g., Swan Lake, La Bayadere, Pelleas and Melisande). Hmmmm....did somebody say..eternity?
  23. LadyCallie Jedi Master

star 4
    You think Empire has a happy ending!?

p.s.
    Thanks Casta!!
  24. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    LadyCallie, no, I meant that I prefer more tragic endings, like the one in TESB. I never said it had a happy ending! Sorry if I got you a little confused there.
  25. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    I guess I'm so used to seeing Luke and Callie go through all kinds of *&%* in the books that I tend to give them happy endings in my stories LOL. However, that doesn't mean that I don't like to give them obstacles, because I think obstacles bring out the best in characters (and in lovers) :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.