main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Callista Fans Unite!! (version 5.0)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Callie, May 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Hey guys! Just wanna report my newest update to Maternal Instincts.

Luke and Callista Forever!

2. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey, 15, I thought I had dibs on the crucifixtion scene. But hey, I have some cool idees, and I could send them to you, if you like. I really don't want 'em dead, though. None of the death scenes I wrote work with...wait. Actually, yeah, one does! Oooh, yeah, bay-bee! Anyway, I'd still like dibs on the crucifixtion part if that's cool with you. Can't wait to read your next scene!
    Guys, I have proof of my lack of any life. I made a book-on-tape out of "What if Callista..." It's so cool! I used music and all this really cool stuff. 15, for your dream inspired by "Mer Girl," I used that song. It turned out really cool. Just thought you'd like to know.

3. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Sure, Cara, you can write out the crucifixion. I was planning on writing the events that would *lead* to the crucifixion. But you're more than welcome to write the actual scene (can't wait until we get to that part).

You made an actual book-on-tape of "What if Callista..." Aw, man, that is so COOL! I wish I could listen to it, though. :-( Hey, maybe we could send a copy to Barbara Hambly and see what she thinks of it. ;-)

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    It's not as good as it seems. I recorded a lot of it in my brother's basement, and he had the furnace running the whole time, so there's this weird humming in the background. But it does make it more convenient to read. I have Mara's sendoff, the closing scene and the credits on about ten minutes of an hour-long tape, so I'm gonna start "Maternal Instincts" on that one. I'm excited! Woo-hoo!
    I really like the idea of sending the story to BH. It'd be cool to see what she thought of it. Maybe it followed her own ideas of how she wanted the story to end...

5. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Do you think she would really like it if we mailed it to her? Does anyone have her address, BTW?

6. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    BH has a web site. I'm sure (Jedi) Callie has her email address :D

7. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Oh, speaking of which, Jedi Callie, I read that Barbara Hambly interview on your web site a few weeks ago. Were *you* the one who interviewed her, or was it someone else?

8. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Commander Antilles: actually, *I* personally don't have her email LOL, but I have communicated with her via her webmistess (I've gotten one or two emails from her, but I don't have them anymore, and hence, don't have the address). Anyone who'd like to send he a message can do so by going to her site (http://www.barbarahambly.com) and email her webmistress--she's super nice! BH is great about getting back to you. She sends an answer back to her webmistress, who then forwards the message back to you (occasionally, you'll get BH herself to send you email directly, but that's very rare, because she's so busy--two books released in the space of two months, and she's working on two more this year!).

Jedi15: yes, I was the one who got to interview her :). I sent her webmistress the questions, she forwarded them to BH, then I got the answers back... Actually it was a funny story because BH answered my questions not long after I had sent them, but because she was juggling so many things at the time (putting the finishing touches on the book that ended up being released just last week, "Sold Down The River"), she forgot to send back the answers. So weeks go by and I'm thinking, "Did I do something wrong?" LOL, and I write her webmistress to check on the status. I get an email back from BH herself, apologizing profusely for not having sent them sooner, because she had thought she had already sent them LOL. I got the answers back the next day, which was very nice of her, considering she was going through A LOT at the time.

9. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Just bringing this back up to the top. And another post to Maternal Instincts has been added (Anakin finally meets Tenel Ka). Cheesy as hell, but at least it's something!

10. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    So sorry it's been so long! I'm in a summer muiscal, and am gone at nite (that's when I get on-line). But I'm back!

CARA- How did you do the voices for your tape? And if I should make my own, what are some good sound efects? I am so thinking about making my own. What a great idea!!

11. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Ok, who else is really frustrated that we can no longer bookmark these threads? I wish there were some easy way of getting to this thread without having to go through the Lit index page. I get hives reading some of the topics LOL--y'all know I'm not exactly "rah-rah" over the books... I'd rather not have to see any reminders of books/EU in order to get to this thread ;-)

12. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Yeah, that kinda sucks, doesn't it? But here's what I do: go to your profile and click on "View Latest/All Posts". That'll take you to your most recent posts, and you'll be able to find the Callista thread a lot faster.

BTW, guess who I'm talking to right now over the InterNet? Callista Sunrider! We're sending each other Instant Messages right now! If any of you want to contact her, add the name "sunrider26" to your buddy list. And I'll tell her that everyone here says hello and that we miss her. :)

Oh, and I've posted more on Maternal Instincts. Another cute Annie/Tenel Ka scene! :)

13. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Thanks fpr the tip, Jedi15! It's still tough to find the topics though...

14. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    What IM does she use, Jedi15?

15. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    It's sunrider26.

16. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Just bringing this to the top :). Otherwise I'll never find it without having to wade through all the other topics, and that would not make me happy ;-)

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Hello, everyone! Maternal Instincts has been updated; Callista meets with Han and Leia and discuss their plan to rescue Luke and Kirana Ti, and Tenel Ka unexpectedly comes in with her...er, *husband*. ;-)

18. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    So I'm not the only one who's bookmarks don't work anymore! I thought it was just my computer.
    Thanks for the tip, JEDI15. I'll try it.

The Force be with you!
    LadyCallie

19. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    BTW, " Maternal Instincts" is located on page 1, on the fan fiction link, as of July 14th, 2000 at 10:41pm EST. Hope this makes it easy to find.

The Force be with you.

20. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    15--which IM server is Callista Sunrider on? Yahoo, MSN, Aol or something else?

Callie--I have kind of a talent for doing weird voices. If only you could hear me do Yoda ;-). Anyway, It took me forever to sift through all the HTML because the computer in my room doesn't translate the codes like it should, so there's all this gibberish between the entries. I just change the voices around, using different accents I've learned, or make up my own. I have the stereo next to the computer for the accompanying music (plenty to choose from--seven CDs!) and I try to synchronize it as best I can. It was kind of cool how some of the music fell right ibnto place with the actual scene itself. When you stop your tape mid-scene, pause your music when you stop the recorder, and start them again at the same time. Make sure you rewind it just a little to go over the blip that happens when you stop the tape. It's really fun, really tiring, and sometimes really tedious. Oh, also--read slowly and enunciate the words so you can hear them later. That's pretty much all you need to know!

Okay, I'm gonna go check out the fanfic now! I'm starting on that one for a BOT pretty soon,
    too.

21. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    No. I meant does CS use YIM, AIM, ICQ or what, Jedi15?

22. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Oh, I see! I think her server is AOL, since that's what I use to talk to her (sorry, I'm not all that familiar with this kind of stuff, since I rarely use IMs).

23. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Yeah, probably.

24. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Blast. It's like the only one I don't have. Maybe I should get it.
    Hey, I have something for us to discuss. I don't know if we talked about this already (this is, after all, our fifth thread!), but if we have, oh well, we can talk about it again:

should Callie come back in NJO? and if so, how, why, when, etc...

Phone lines are now open!

25. Shara82

Shara82 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2000
    Cara: I definately think she should come back in NJO. And not as a Sith or Dark Jedi, either :(

On another note, I've started up a new fanfiction website, which is one of the reasons I haven't been posting lately. The address is in my profile. At the moment it only has my stories on it (feel free to send me more, the info about it is on the page).

I also, however, posted 'What If Callista?' on there. I was just hoping that was alright with everyone (since I had nothing to do with it and all). If anyone disapproves, tell me, and I'll take it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.