main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jedi_callie

jedi_callie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2010
    Happy Father's Day, men of TFN! And of course, a special shout out to my favorite SW dads, Luke and Han :). (Except in my AU, Luke is dad to Cray, Ronan, and Tasha :)).

Damn, I've really gotta get that dad!Luke fic written that I've had in my head for a year now. Can't you just imagine what his poor daughters would go through trying to bring a boy home, when their dad is the biggest badass Jedi in the galaxy?

Yay, page 188!

2. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    WOOT! to page 188!

I know how you feel. I only got one sentence done with my final Callie fic. You think I'd have more motivation with everyone out of the house for a week.
    :/

Callista?Forever!

3. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    I haven't touched GoY in almost 7 months. Bad Jen.

Oh God, what if it's another 10 years before I update it?? Gah!

4. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Har! I know you won't keep us in suspense that long (although it did take GL 15+ years to get us the Prequels, so don't call yourself a procrastinator!)

Good news: since my last post, I was able to crank out a full chapter of my story.
    Bad news: I need to find time to polish it and post it. Hopefully today.

Callista?Forever!

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Good luck with that. :)

I'm still working on a post for an Eleven Doctors all-star fic called Undecim. And one for MLP, one for Transformers. I can't do a Callista/Doctor Who one until 2012 or the SW/ST one where she's in a semi-starring role.

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Your Callista+Dr.Who possible fic just gave me an idea...but it'll have to keep for now ;)

Callista forever!

7. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    *pokes her head in*

It's been several years. i'm sorry I've been gone so long. I haven't forgotten.

Reading Conviction, and it's bringing back lots of memories of Planet of Twilight and Children of the Jedi.

Makes me want to read more Callie fanfic...

What's been going on here? And what happened to dear Siobhan? My heart sank when I read that signature in her memory.

Luke and Callie for always, in a much different world.

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    LostJedi26!!!>big hugs!!!<

Yes, so much has gone on, especially when we lost Siobhan. I'll write more tonight to catch you up.

Callista-Forever!

9. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Jedi2187Leia, *big hugs to you aS WELl*.
    I look forward to your response later on.

If any of you have written any Luke/Callie ANYThing, I'd like very much to read it.

10. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Here's something I wrote around the anniversary of her passing...

11. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Feeling really bored and restless tonight, so I decided to read some older pages in this thread.

I want to say that I agree with you, Jedi Callie, 100%. It's as if you took my thoughts and worded them before I could.
    I can't stand what KJA did to our dear Callie, and that, after twelve years of reading and rereading the Callista books, growing in both my reading preferences and my writing style.

Barbara Hambly handled callista with such grace and care. I wish more authors could do that.
    I hate what they've done with her in Fate of the Jedi...

Jedi Callie, I noTICEd your LJ has been purged. Is there a pLACE where I might access your writings?
    That goes for any of you. It's very difficult to wade through pages on the forum if I'm trying to read fanfics. It's much easier if I have them in text files, which I often do as I read so I can go back and reread.

Luke+Callie forever

12. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Jedi2187,
    I just read your post, quoting what you'd written not long after her passing.
    I can't begin to say how sorry I am, and how deeply moved. I miss her. We sent private messages back and forth. She was always such a joy to have around. When I read her updates from those last few months, there was no weakness shown, no fear (even though I'm sure there was lots of it). Just a smiling countenance, and a friendly, loving spirit.
    I'm sad, I think still in denial. How can it happen? Five months? My God...

I know this happened for those of you who were around over a year ago, but it's happening for me now. I'm tired of all the good ones dying so young, and so quickly. It grieves me to my very core.

I need to look back at the beginning of this thread, but I think she started it after PM-ing with me about Callista, and our love for her. I don't remember who else was around in April 2006, when this thread first began... but I'm honored to have been a part, and to be someone who got the chance to know her.

*hugs to all of YOU*. EVEN IF I don't know you well, you're still people I've gotten to know in some fashion, and I can never forget. You each mean something special to me.

Callie and Cara forever...

13. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Wow, welcome back, LostJedi! I've been wanting to "meet" you ever since reading some of the older pages in the thread... Yay, I'm happy to see you're back, though I'm sorry you had to learn about Siobhan this way. She's watching over us like a loving angel, though, never fear.

You can access my fics in the link in my sig. They're interspersed with Harry Potter fics, but they're there :). I know it seems like it's all HP, but that's because I've been writing a lot more HP as we approach the last (sniff!!) movie...

14. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Hey, has anyone read Conviction yet?

15. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I haven't read it personally, but if I recall correctly, someone did post the spoilers on our board. Out there on the web, it's more interesting to read the reviews of the book than the actual book itself.

C/L

16. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Jedi_Callie,
    I've wanted to meet you too, since I stumbled across your writings! I was so sad to hear you hadn't been around in four years or so, but in hindsight, I was gone for about two and a half, maybe three. I don't recall exactly.
    I am so glad you're back here with us> *hugs happily*

I just finished reading Conviction last night. It was ... bittersweet. There were portions I liked, found funny, found intriguing, that made me reminisce for scenes in PoT.

I hate what they've done with Callista in this series. I don't want to say a lot, because it'd be a huge spoiler for Conviction< AND I don't remember what's allowed (I need to reread the rules oN THAT). But I'll just say THAT I hate it. I can see it making a kind of sense, but mostly it makes me shake my head firmly and think, "No. That's not how it happened. They're wrong."
    At risk of going slightly ofF_TOPIc, I much prEFER Denning AND Golden to Allston when it comes to getting in the character's heads, and reallY MAKing an emotional scene come to life. I feel he didn't give some very crucial parts justice. He did okay, but it wasn't what I'd call wonderful>

And poor callista...

I remember Cara or someone else saying that they lived in a bubble in regard to what happened in the Star Wars universe. It's only fair that I add my sentiments to hers, completely.

I want to apologize for any weird typos or capitalized letters that shouldn't be there. I can't figure out if it's my keyboard or something to do with this site, and my computer sending them through in some bizzarre way.

Luke and Callista forever!

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    hi, LostJedi! QWhat happened... I think we can discuss it, but only through highlight-to-read. It was bantha shavit, pure and simple. :mad:

18. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    I'm confused--didn't Steve post excerpts from that book a while back and we all talked about it? Or was that a different book?

19. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    I don't know if anyone ever went though a Fate of the Jedi book on here, but somehow I doubt it. I think it was CotJ and PoT, early last year.

I think what was done TO Callie was complete crap. Oh wait< I said that, perhaps in almost those exact words...
    But it's true. Could there not have been a way...?
    *dreams wistfully and plots*

If any of you are on facebook, let me know? I'd love to add you there. My LJ is friends-only, and rather personal, so I'd leave that up to whomever wanted to be added.

I'm reading your fanfics< JC, and they are so well-written. Thank you for sharing your writings with us, and for sharing in Callie goodness.

I do have one question, for any of you> Are there mentions of, or scenes on Chad III, Callista's homewoRLD? i've heard it go by Chad and Chad III, but aside from Barbara Hambly's books, I've not seen it, except on websites that give it a little bit of definition. I've lost where to find them, though. I'd like to put some things in my fic that take place on Chad, but I'd like descriptions, not just dialogues and thoughts, things that will make it cOME more alive.
    Or should I simply make it up?
    :p

I don't care what the books say.
    L+C forever!

20. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Are we on Facebook? My dear LJ26, WE HAVE A FB PAGE!![face_dancing]

Hit this link for some Callista-goodness and come on board. Even Barbara Hambly's a member!

callista?forever!

21. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Yay!
    Thank you, Jedi2187.
    I've sent in a request to join. Since these boards are public, I won't give my real name here.
    But I eagerly await whomever has to approve my request. If that person is a part of this forum, which I'm guessing they are, they can PM me if they need anything.
    That goes for any of you.
    *hugs*

Callie forever!

22. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Glad to see you online :) Jen and myself mod the group. Originally I was going to include Siobhan, but fate had other plans. I also invited her mom, but she lost the invitation in her email and I can't send another one (goofy FB).

C/L

23. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Aww, thank you so much for the kind words, LJ! *blush*

As for Chad/Chad III, there isn't much info out there. I gleaned what I could from Wookieepedia, but the rest, I got from countless readings of CotJ and pouring over every detail that Hambly packed in there. Some stuff I embellished, too. My stuff is all AU anyway, so why not take liberties :p.

24. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    I went on the wookieepedia site last night, and found it slowed my computer down a lot, either that or my screen reader spazzed. Either way, would any of you be willing to compiile what info there is on chad/Chad IIi and PM or email it to me?
    Much thanks!

How's everyone? I feel like a chatterbox alongside a very quiet bunch. :p

Luke and Callista forever!

25. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006