main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Done and done!
    Here's the link for all of us L-C fans!
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23987519&brd=10477&replies=0

and remember the quote of wise Master Yoda, "Unlearn what you have learned."

2. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Speaking of our fave Jedi, if Lucas decided suddenly to make a film adaptation of Children of the Jedi, who would you cast in the role?

My picks:
    -Kate Beckinsale
    -Uma Thurman

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    I've always pictured Angelina Jolie. She's supposed to be the most beautiful woman Luke has ever seen (as suggested by her name, as well as the fact that it says so in CotJ), and I've never seen a woman more beautiful than Ms. Jolie.

4. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    The most beautiful woman I've ever seen is Marilyn Monroe before she started to become famous. But it's hard to imagine her wielding a lightsaber.

5. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    And, as an added bonus to the Callie-Luke novel, I made a Photoshop image for the 'cover'. Not the best job, but at least it has one of my fave actresses, Kate, in the 'role' of Callista...

[image=http://static.flickr.com/73/161090475_3487602a95.jpg]

6. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    OMG that's awesome! I hand-drew all the covers for my fanfics...I wish I had a scanner to post them here...I'll find one in the near future.

7. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I do this stuff a lot; let me know if you want me to make you something!

8. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Okay, here's my looooong update.

I have been having problems with anxiety and my on-going ear problems, that have been going on for a while. I went to the ear doc yesterday after my hearing test. I have surgery o n the 19th of this month to remove the infection and the cyst in my ear, and for reconstruction of my left eardrum, if the damage isn't too severe. If it is, they'll have to go in in a few months after my ear has fully healed.

All that to say it's been crazy around here for me emotionally, and i'm wanting to throw myself into some good reading so I can keep some of the fear at bay.

I have my edited Luke/callie fic, I'm not sure I'm ready to link it up on the site yet. I'll PM it to those of you who said you wanted it for now, and go from there. If you have any ideas on anything visual I need to do to make it better formatted, or whatever, that would be great.
    Plus, because I am blind, any pics anyone came up with for it would have to be someone else's doing. :p

I've missed you guys, and promise to be more active when at all possible. :( [face-happy] *tired*

9. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    We're here to help you in any way possible, LJ. And PM me the fic; I'd love to read it! :)

L/C Forever!

10. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Good to see you back, LJ! I hope all goes well with your surgery!

11. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    (from JediCallie's Interview with Barbara Hambly, about creating Callista....)

"In creating Callista I wanted to create someone who was Luke's spiritual partner. Who has the same sort of background as he does, and understands him as others don't because she understands the spiritual dimension of the Force. Someone who, like Luke, will be wise in old age; who is striving for wisdom rather than power. And who is basicly sweet-natured. As I've said before, I pictured a young Uma Thurman in the role: I'm not familiar enough with Ashley Judd (I'm not sure I've even seen her - I don't get out to movies often) to say yes or no. Winona Ryder could probably do it: somebody both tough and sweet."

http://jedicallie.tripod.com/bhinterview.html

This is what I'm trying to achieve with my fan fic; to portray Callista in the way that Hambly created her. And it is a great challenge. For Mara, just make a woman with a temper and ferocity. For Callista, create a female version of Luke (or Ben from the prequels). Callista has a grace about her; she is a lady with dignity, who holds up the traditions from the Jedi before the fall. And since the only history we have of her is from what Hambly wrote in the novels, it'll be fun to expand on who she is and more of where she came from, and how it will affect Luke. Also, the fate of her former Master is another avenue to explore as well.....

12. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Jen (JediCallie) really did do a lot for the Callistars. I miss her tons...wonder what she's been up to.

Anyway, here's a topic: Where do you think Callista is, in the canon EU? We're up to what, 30+ years since RotJ? That means she's been gone just over 20 years. What do you think happened to her?

As for myself, I cannot decide if I think she's dead or just gave up her Force-search and is living a quiet, humble existence elsewhere in the galaxy. I'd like to think that she lives, but I would think that if she did, we'd have heard about her during the NJO. Even if she'd given up her search as a Jedi, she couldn't have just left the entire war alone, could she? She would have tried something.

Therefore, I find it most likely that she died. Don't know how, but it seems the most obvious of explanations. :(

13. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I don't believe Callie would've fought the orcs from Middle Earth...uh, the Yuuzhan Vong, not without her Jedi powers. I believe she may have went back to Chad III to rest, retire or retreat. You're always welcome at home. I'd imagine that she'd never love another, like Astrid did for Stuart Sutcliff.

Blasted Del Ray!

14. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    A friend of mine asked me this on her blog, so I thought about posing the same questions to all of you L-C fans...

1. When did you first become a Callista fan?

2. And on that note, what was your fave Luke-Callie moment?

3. If given the chance to burn Timothy Zahn and/or Mara Jade alive, would you do it?

4. How about the same for Kevin J. Anderson?

5. What's your thoughts on Planet of Twilight?

15. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Hey you guys. Just letting you know I had surgery on Monday and it's by far the most painful second only to my gallbladder surgery when I was fourteen, but they feel I did pretty well. I'm mostly tired from the pain meds and all they did in my ear. I'll put the link to my site here where I'm making updates. If it's not okay, I can come back and remove it, but want to leave it here for you guys.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amyspage

I'll be aorund, guys, just extremely careful I dont' overdo things.

L/C forever! Gentle hugs.

16. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999

1. After reading Children of the Jedi for the first time

2. The scene at the end of CotJ, in the garden.

3. No.

4. Absolutely. I blame him for everything that makes people hate Callista.

5. Would have been better without the Daala/Liegeus subplot. In all, would have been better without Daala at all.

I hope you're feeling better, LJ! I'll keep you in my thoughts! [:D]

17. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    I haven't read the NJO books except Vector Prime, but i have read enough to learn about how Callista came about the Eye of Palpatine and how she escaped...My favorite book is children of the jedi:)

18. the_unknowable_jedi

Dec 17, 2005
    1. when i read children of the jedi

2. when they had first connected through the force together and when she came out of the escape pod ( or was it a fighter?) in a different body and how luke and her embraced each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years..

3. No, all books and characters in the Star Wars storyline are important in one way or another.

4. No, each author has his or her own unique way of writing.

5. Planet of twilight was a very good book to read, one that can be read again atleast 2 or maybe 3 times in a row.

19. the_unknowable_jedi

Dec 17, 2005
    Nice, you are creative on how you chose the person to play the role of Callista :)

20. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    thanks, t_u_j; nice to see another Callie fan here!

Hang in there, LJ; you're in our thoughts![face_praying]

21. the_unknowable_jedi

Dec 17, 2005
    Brings thread back to life from under the weight of the less important threads

Callista thread must live on:p

Oh, and have you guys made your vote on the new amendment at the EUS? Who is the senator that represents this thread?

22. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I'm not hip to all the political stuff and goings-on, but if it were me, I'd place my faith in Ambassador (Supreme) Cara Jade.
    *sacrifices bucket of chicken*

23. the_unknowable_jedi

Dec 17, 2005
    How often does she visit this thread?

24. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Um...Are you fairly new here? or Cara hasn't posted in a few days. She's never gone long. :D Look at who set up this thread; that's her. And I'd say she's here pretty often.
    I'm a very close in the top-three who are here, at least as far as I can tell. That's not to say I should be the one, just saying this is the thread I watch for every single message, just haven't had a lot to say, and am recovering from surgery.

Cara, and all of you guys. How have you been?

25. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Life is good. Daddy's rich and momma's good-lookin'.

Seriously, I hope you're doing well with everything that's going on. I'm still hashing out the Callie-Luke story, so keep checking it out. Also, I can't wait to see the new Superman flick (off-topic).