main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey guys, sorry I've been rather absent lately--we're getting into the summer tourist season at Walk Disney World, so I'm doing 5 performances a day, which ends up being an 11-hour day. I've also finally finished my screenplay, which I've been writing for about a year. Now all I've got to do is finish a second draft before competition season starts! Wish me Luck!

I'm glad you're feeling better, LJ. And welcome to T_U_J!

2. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    *peeks head into thread*

Wow! A Callista thread? A Callista FAN thread, for that matter? There's one that actually still exists? Woohoo!

Count me in as another Callista fan. I have nothing against Mara, but in this Star Wars fan's opinion, Callie is Luke's No. 1 gal. Favorite Callista book was Children of the Jedi. Planet of Twilight was pretty good, but there was a lot of weird stuff in there (like Dzym, *shudder*). The less said about Darksaber, the better. In fact, better just not to talk about That Book at all.

Nice to see other Callista fans around! :D

3. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    Nice to see you around here also:D

I don't have anyroom for a callista quote, so i might have to create a sock for each fanclub i am in.:p[face_thinking]

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    OMG it's GeithJiseo! Wow--I haven't heard from you in ages! How have you been? How's the court reporting? I've missed you!

5. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Wooo! Geith! Welcome! I wondered when you'd find us.

Yes, a Callie thread, though I've been horrible about writing in it lately.

Surgery recovery is going okay, just still trying to fully get there. went to the pool today, and realized just how much farther I have to go. :(
    But I'm here. and my story's not forgotten, just at a standstill, not sure what I want to have happen, and how to get there. Wishing right now that JediCallie would come back, or finish the story she started a few years ago and never completed. :( [face_worried]

Night all. exhausted.

Luke and Callie for always!

6. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Just get better, LJ; don't push yourself too hard.

More Callie fans, Yes! This is awesome! Nice to see you drop by, Geith!

Sorry that the summer is so busy for you, Callie. Hope it slows down a little so you can catch your breath.

Luke-Callie 4-Ever!

7. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I've missed you, too, Cara! How've you been? Are you back in nice, sunny Florida as opposed to boring old Utah? Court reporting's been awesome. I'm bogged down in transcripts right now, including a 1000-page murder trial appeal. So I've been very, very busy. But that's okay because next week, the whole family is going on vacation to Lake Powell!!!!!!!!

Back to the topic. I haven't ready any EU since The Unifying Force. Does Callista appear in any post-NJO books? Or at least any mentions of her?

8. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    That's awesome, Geith. Yeah, I moved back to Florida finally. I've been here about seven months, and I'm so happy! I finished my senior-project screenplay and I'm working on sending it to festivals, etc. It's pretty cool.

The Post-NJO books are pretty good (betther than NJO, if you ask me), but no mention of Callista, sadly. I'd say they're still worth a read, though.

9. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Hey Cara, can you send me the link for your fics? I don't remember it, and I didn't finish them. I'd love to.
    [:D]

10. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    here you go, LJ....

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/26264/

Hope you're feeling better!

11. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Hey, thanks so much. :) I'm not sure if that's the link I remember, but it probably is the same.

I'm doing much better. Having a bit of drainage out of my left ear, and i"m not sure why. It's been five weeks since the surgery, so it's likely still healing, but I'm thinking about calling my ENT doc just to make sure everything is okay.

Last night I started looking for fan fic I'd saved on my computer in text files. I found some of Cara's stuff, and something written on a different website, I have no idea by whom, but it's intriguing.
    I think I"m going to keep what I wrote earlier, and possibly just start from scratch on my fanfic. I'm not sure if the first bit I"ve done will make it into the new one at all, but we'll see...

Been thinking a lot about Callista the past couple days, what would have been if someone had done some real character development after PoT.
    Also, another thing that's been in my mind the past couple days is how Leia and Han would not have simply lived out the rest of their lives so quietly after all the events after RotJ. Just ... so many things that were done wrong I think, could have been made so much better and fitting...

Luke and Callie for always, no matter what the books say. :( ;)

12. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Amen, sister. Amen.

13. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I second that. ;)

14. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Kudos to Geith and Cara for posting the fantabulous 'Mer Girl' story.

Two Callie stories in the Fan Fic section everyone! Check 'em out! Two great stories that taste great together!

L+C

15. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Aw, thanks, jedi2187leia. [face_blush] And you've been doing an excellent job with Rejuvenation as well. :cool:

16. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Okay, I'm up to my purusing the web for fanfic, not finding anything, rereading CotJ, again, and getting very frustrated with my lack of a plot for my story. I know what I wanted, but now none of it sounds good to me. I want so much to just write, but I"m analyzing, and thinking, and nothing is coming out on the computer... so I don't know what I want to do. I have about five different ways I could write the story, do a vignet, then a longer story, in any of a number of directions. is there a confused face on here? cuz that's how I'm feeling.

I was looking at one of the old Callista fan threads, at some messages from early last year. I could never dress up as Callie - I'm short and not thin and ... well my body type so sucks for fitting her. It just doesn't. I have brown hair, but I dont' have grey eyes. :p [face_shrug] not sure if that's one but whatever. :p

Off to reread more of CotJ. Maybe sometime this century I'll get a plot going...

I was reading something earlier about some kind of discrepancy between the Jedi in the PT not being allowed/encouraged to marry and have kids, and that supposedly Hambly wrote them as not having this? I didn't see it, then I thought I did, wrote a comment, sort of my own review of sorts for CotJ, then started thinking I really don't know if she did or not. She just said there were children... I'll have to go check that out again.

I would looooove a book that encompassed the PT events with the Eye of Palpatine mission, focusing on the Jedi as a whole, and then after some development, Callista. It'd be a lot of work though...

I'm all over the place tonight. Sorry guys.

Luke/Callie forever and ever! :p :)

17. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    My understanding always was that Djinn Altis was sort of a maverick, and he and his students didn't follow the exact Jedi Code.

As for a PT Callista story--hey, MERGIRL's been updated in the fanfic section! :p

18. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I wonder what Djinn Altis would have thought about the whole midichlorian issue.

19. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I think that he would have sided with Qui-Gonn, about the symbiotic relationship, but probably didn't push it too much on his students (although the Council was fascinated by Anakin's count).

20. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Now that's someone I like, too - Qwi-Gon. I wonder if those two even knew each other. I dont' think there are any references about it...

Yeah, I agree. I think he would have supported the symbiotic aspect, but I don't see him really pushing it on any of his students. I'm not even sure I agree wholeheartedly with the midichlorian thing, but I don't know.

It's interesting that Callista was only with Djinn for 5 years. It would have been so fascinating to see her develop, learn alongside Luke...
    *Wistful*. I wish JediCallie would someday finish her stories on her page. I love her writing!

21. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    There is a reference in Darksaber, I believe through Luke, that Callista at least knew Obi-Wan when he was a general in the Clone Wars. I would imagine Callista would have been around the same age as Anakin when TPM took place, and therefore would have been a child and still living on Chad when Qui-Gon died.

I like the midichlorian idea; I'm not sure why a lot of people objected to it so much in TPM. I know that Cara hates the idea of it, and she even wrote a reference in one of our fanfics that Djinn didn't believe in the concept of midichlorians.

That's another thing she had in common with Luke. Their Jedi training was so abbreviated.

*sigh* Me, too. She was a wonderful writer. You know, she was the one who wrote the wedding scene in our fanfic Forever Home. That was probably my favorite scene in the entire story; she wrote it beautifully! Whatever happened to her, I wonder?

22. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I think Cara mentioned to me one time that JediCallie went to NY to finish school, but that was a few years back. Thank the Force her Tripod page is forever up.

23. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I haven't heard from her since 2002. We went to the Brooklyn Museum Magic of Myth exhibit together, but I haven't talked to her since. I miss her, too.

24. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I miss JediCallie as well. She was the glue that held the older Callista threads together when they were being beseiged by trolls and Callie-haters. She really did a lot for us, and she was a kick-ass writer, too!

25. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Just thought I'd let everyone know, Geith and I have taken up "Falls the Shadow" where we left off--the continuation of our Luke/Callie saga, in which our favorite Jedi take on the Yuuzhan Vong. I imagine we'll be posting it in soon for all of you!