main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    We're all thinkin' about ya, LJ!

Luke and Callie, y'all!
    Word!

2. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Thanks guys. It means a lot.

Do you guys have the updated Mer Girl in one file so you can send it to me? I don't mind reading off the site, but would like it all in one file if at all possible. much easier that way. *hopeful*

Is it overall vastly different than what's on your fanfic page, Cara? Or is it pretty much the same? I read part of it, but without the two side by side, I don't remember off hand what's the same and what isn't.

Luke/Callista forever!!!

3. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    There's actually some subtle changes in the beginning, especially when young Callista is doing her history lesson and says "And that's Darth Bane, right?" or something to that effect.

Because of all that has unfolded in the Prequels, the story of Callista may be slightly different or radically changed from the original one, whichever Geith and Cara decide to do with it. Either way, its a great read. Just like Hambly's books, I never get tired re-visiting it.

L+C

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    There really aren't any differences, actually. I'm posting directly from the original file on my computer, the same files I uploaded onto fanfiction. I don't know if Geith is changing or adding anything, I haven't noticed any differences.

LJ, I can email you the complete files if you like--each chapter is a separate one, if that's all right.

5. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Since Mer Girl is 99.9999999999% your story, Cara, I haven't changed anything in what I've posted other than some minor typos I've spotted here and there. It's your baby, not mine. :)

Since the story was written before ROTS came out, there will be some discrepancies between MG and the movie. But again, I'm not going to change anything unless Cara tells me otherwise.

I do plan on reposting the Callista Trilogy here, though, and I will make some changes on those. :)

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Yes! I would love to see the Callista Trilogy posted! KJA should read it and take notes on how to properly treat a great character like our dear Callista

7. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Amen to that! I'll repost the Trilogy after Cara and I are done posting Mer Girl. :)

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    *whew!* I just NOW finished Chapter 10 of 'Rejuvenation', and I sent out some pm's to some Callie fans out here on the boards. Hopefully, some of them will pop by soon to say 'Hi!'.

9. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    You're doing a great job on the story, jedi2187leia. Loving it! Keep up the good work! =D=

10. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Yes, very well done chapter. That was an interesting twist there. cannot wait to see what happens! :)

I finished reading the trilogy last night. I have some ideas, thoughts, but I don't want to take anything away from the work poured into them. If you guys want me to write some thigns out, I'll PM, since I'm not sure if I should do it here.
    A bit ... um ... much for me personally with all the cult/ritual stuff in it, and I don't do well with a lot of descriptions of violence...
    Still I think you guys did a great job with the plot and the complexity of the stories. And I think I will reread Falls the Shadow next.

11. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I'd love to hear your thoughts, LJ. PM me at your convenience. :)

12. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Yes; shoot me a pm as well, LJ. I'd like to see what you've got....

13. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Great addition to Rejuvination, Steve. I loved the twist you introduced. Great job!!

14. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Thanks, everyone! I really wasn't sure if the intercuts would work or not, and timing the dialog meant a lot.

A lot of the information, believe it or not, I am getting from the Star Wars Insider magazines. There is this Q&A section which tells a lot more than what you can get out of the movies, and explains things in better detail than most novels.
    When this story has ended, I'll be doing a 'Behind The Scenes' on how this story was written, and tell you how and where I got the inspiration for some of the plot points.

Hope you're doing okay, LJ!

I edited the beginning of the 'Rejuvenation' story, so now it includes the "cover" and also the famous tag line:

'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

The music that you should listen to when you read this are the soundtracks to 'Return of the Jedi' and 'Shadows of the Empire'. I think the second one is more tied in with this story, since there are dramatic moments in here, and the 'Shadows' soundtrack is the perfect compliment in this case because most of the tracks have that mood that reflects what's happening in this story.

There are Callista fans around the world, from Scotland to San Fran, and I hope that we can keep this baby going for as long as we can.
    My biggest goal? To meet Barbara Hambly next year, and to get her to post a sweet, simple Luke-Callie story on this thread. Now THAT would be schweeeeeeeet!

15. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Hey,

not going to go into a lot of personal detail, but I've been having a lot of things swirling around in my brain since yesterday morning's doc appointment, and emotionally it's been rough. If anyone wans more I'll PM, just dont' want to go into it publicly. I will be okay, and nothing horrible is wrong. *tired shaky smile*

There's a soundtrack to Shadows? Um, was it made into something besides the book? Now I'm curious, would love to hear the soundtrack too!

I can't wait to hear the behind-the-signs info, and I want to knwo more about this thing that Callista has ... don't knwo if I should say since it spoils part of the story, even if most or all here have read it... the crystal. Just wondering if it will always be necessary for her to have it on her person, or not. And can't wait for more chapters.

If you ever got Hambly to do anything here or elsewhere, I would sooooo read it. Man she is amazing. :cool:

Luke/Callie forever!

16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Shadows of the Empire was supposed to be this MAJOR crossover (novels, comics, games, and soundtrack) in every possible medium back in '95 or so. It was a good effort, and during that time, I bought the soundtrack for it, which had some nice multimedia stuff if you put it in your PC (image gallery, bio on the story, etc...).

The 'crystal' is only part of the story. Near the end, I'll explain (in the story, of course;) )about how the crystal helps out Callista.

And a little teaser for everyone: I'll explain a little interesting historical 'accident' that involves Qui-Gon, but I'll let the holocron in the story handle that part :)

The convention that Hambly will be going to is Archon here in St. Louis. I just usually only go on the Saturday of the event (I mean, how many Trekkies can I put up with before getting into a fistfight?), and hopefully, I can get Hambly's attention to get her to 'contribute' to this thread, because everyone knows that Callie rules, Mara drools!

17. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Just an old friend passing by and shouting GO TEAM CALLISTAR!!!!

Oh and I think this thread is way past version 7.0 ..... I remember 9.0 . LOL!
    You all rock! Keeping the ship alive!

-LadyCallie

18. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh absoultely. Wouldn't dream of it being any other way.

This morning I was rereading PoT. I was at the part where Leia was with Luke and he was about to go down to the planet's surface, and she was thinking about how happy he was with Callista. Well I dreamed about her! That was way weird, cuz it was like I was finding all these threads where people were talking about them, and it was cool. then when I woke up I wanted to meet her.
    Good grief, what dreams will do!

Luke and Callie forever!

19. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Sounds like a cool dream!

Before the transformer in our area went out yesterday at work, I was reading JediCallie's Callista fics online. Thankfully that site was never taken down. It's amazing, the stories she generated.

Shameless plug: Chapter Eleven is up! I don't know how many more chapters are left, but I know how its going to end (psst.....they end up together ;) ). Thank you, everyone for the positive comments and feedback!

Now all I need to do is find someone to make a custom Callista action figure (c'mon, if Hasbro can make a Mara figure...)

20. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Well I think you're doing an awesome job with Rejuvination! Bah, I know I just butchered that word. :p

Yeah it was a cool dream! maybe i"ll have another one tonight. :p

Geith, I think it was you, I haven't forgotten your PM. I tried to respond, my screen got resdet cuz my dog hit a key on my keyboard while I was sitting on my bed, then I did something, and lost my response again, then I think something might have happeend again. I just know that by then I was fed up. and the weekend was spent worrying about a new med my doc wants to try me on for anxiety, and the past couple days have flown by. It never stop s here, I tell ya.

Luke and Callista forever!

21. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Don't feel bad; I had to Google 'rejuvenation' before using it as a title. :)

Writing the story, and getting feedback for it, has been a great experience.

As a matter of fact....

During or after this story run, I'm going to write a one-shot story (no continuation. Starts and ends right there), and leave the conclusion of it to your imagination!

Luke and Callie 4-ever!

22. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh now that sounds cool! I love stories like that! Gives me something to add onto and write, just for my own stuff. :) that is, if I get any ideas.

Thanks. I was close on the spelling of rejuvenation. :p
    [:D]

23. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Ahhh. Another day, another chapter of Rejuvenation up!

Hope everyone is doing okay; keep the Callie spirit alive!

L+C 4EVR!!!!

24. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I just spent twenty minutes of my own time on Amazon's review for 'Children of the Jedi', and *surprise-surprise* most of the negative reviews are from Mara lovers.

*blech!*

If they want some serious sci-fi, have them bury their noses in an Arthur C. Clarke novel, but if they want a story worthy of the Star Wars title, they'd better appreciate this one!

25. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    A week ago, I was able to find the hardcover of COTJ on ebay and ordered it. Man, I've forgotten how good that book is! I don't understand why people don't like Hambly's writing. They say it's too confusing or too hard to read. Hogwash, I say. Someone here earlier said that her writing is poetic, and I have to agree. Plus, she writes the best Han/Leia scenes, IMO.

And it's so obvious that Luke loves Callista in this book. Mara who? ;)