Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master

star 5
    If you guys want to read a really good Callista story, I recommend Callista's Quest, also written by Jedi_Lover. It's got a nice little twist at the end, too. ;)
  2. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    [Milhouse] "I fear to look, yet I cannot turn away!" [/Milhouse]
  3. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    finally, another chapter of 'Rejuvenation' is up, MerGirl is looking great, and now I can focus on the high school reunion I'll be going to tomorrow night *shudder*

Have a good weekend, everyone!
  4. GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master

star 5
    Your latest chapter was excellent as usual, jedi2187leia! =D=

And I've updated Mer Girl as well! :cool:
  5. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    MerGirl's lookin' great; also, I've updated Rejuvenation as well.

When the time gets close, I'll let everyone "sign" the card I'd like to give to Hambly when she arrives in St. Louis next year.

L+C
  6. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight

star 6
    And what an addition to Rejuvination! Great job! Also, updated Mergirl.
  7. GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master

star 5
    And I've also updated Mer Girl, the scene where Callista meets Geith and sparks fly! :cool:
  8. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I'll be repeating myself when I say this, but it's a great time to be a callista fan again!!

L/C forever!!
  9. GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master

star 5
    208 posts, and this thread is still going strong! :cool:

Who knows? Maybe one day we'll catch up with the Mara Jade Fan Club. ;)
  10. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    I think there's enough creativity and compassion for Callista to keep this thread going for a long time. Maybe longer than Wes Janson....
  11. LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We're on page 9 right now, and I agree that there's plenty of compassion for Callista to keep it alive.
    It's less dreary than what happens post-NJO, in my oppinion, and I need something to look forward to. I have denounced anything NJO and beyond for the most part, for many reasons, although I do like some aspects, they are quite few.

I'll stay here, where we can keep Callie alive, and maybe this thread will keep going for a long time to come.
  12. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight

star 6
    The past Callie threads were quite successful while they lasted...I'm as glad as all of you that we have a place again. I really missed it! [:D]
  13. Jedi_Lover Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love your optimism, Geith! [:D]

JL
  14. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember that before this thread came along, I did a search for previous Callistar threads to cheer me up. Long Live Callista+Luke!
  15. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    What was Callista's ultimate fate? I know she took off in Darksaber, and wasnt seen again... has she made any reappearances?
  16. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Her final appearance was in Planet of Twilight, and at the end of the book

*SPOILERS AHEAD!!!*

Callista and Luke went their seperate ways. Luke understood that Callista had her own road to follow (her search to restore her Jedi powers without delving into the Dark Side again and get poorly written by Kevin J Anderson), so both lovers followed their own destiny.
    Tragic, really, since Callista was written as the spiritual partner for Luke. Some people have trouble reading Hambly's writing style, but I grew up in the era of Brian Daley and Alan Dean Foster novellas, and the way Hambly wrote Callista and Luke was wonderful and easy (at least for me) to follow (read the online interview here).

oh, btw, welcome to the Callista thread!!!
  17. rhi-sparks Jedi Knight

star 5
    Callista so needs to reappear.
    I mean Lumiya has.....
    :mad:
    Edit: oooh. She can kill Mara, go with Luke... And due to dramatic events Ben can change sex and become Benjamina.
    Or maybe in retrospect of that hideous idea of mine (:rolleyes: ) she can just cop off with Wes...
    :p
  18. Jedi_Lover Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    rhi-sparks!:eek: You know what is weird is I wrote a story before involving L/M and a sex change operation. :p

I think it would be interesting for Callista to show up again. That is assuming she survived the Vong war. I mean Trillions perished and we have no idea what planet she was on...

Anyway, I think her reappearance would be interesting. I know many people want her to return as a Sith, but somehow I think a Republic trained Jedi would be able to resist the temptation of the darkside. What I would be interested in knowing is if Callista ever met Vergere. I don't think this has ever been mentioned in the novels.

I don't want to get into spoilers, but in Betrayal Jacen is told some things by Lumiya about Vergere. Of course the reader is left to decide whether her comments were true or not. I think it would be interesting if Callista could come back and shed some light on the validity of these stories about Vergere.

In addition, I would love to see Mara's reaction to the reappearance of Luke's old flame.

But in no way would I want Callista killing Mara and taking her place. :rolleyes: I just think throwing in a little angst into the L/M relationship would be fun. ;)

JL
  19. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Then you ought to wait and see the Luke-Callie story I'll be posting soon :)
  20. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5

Ooh, that's right; I havent read PoT in a long, long time. Im surprised they didnt bring her back in the NJO, or even the Dark Nest Trilogy.

Anyway, I think her reappearance would be interesting. I know many people want her to return as a Sith, but somehow I think a Republic trained Jedi would be able to resist the temptation of the darkside.

Im not so sure; Republic-trained Jedi fell all the time, especially during the Clone Wars. Sora Bulq, for one.
    What would be interesting would be a pre-Eye of Palpatine story involving Callista and her Jedi companions.
  21. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight

star 6
    Im not so sure; Republic-trained Jedi fell all the time, especially during the Clone Wars. Sora Bulq, for one.
    What would be interesting would be a pre-Eye of Palpatine story involving Callista and her Jedi companions.

LOL...Darth Vader for another? :p

I was surprised she didn't crop up during the NJO, given her Force blindness. I always thought there might have been some connection between her blindness and that of the Vong's. Jacen mentioned at one point that they might have been translated to another level of tthe Force, and I always thought that that was what might have happened to her.
  22. rhi-sparks Jedi Knight

star 5
    There seems to be a tie in with "poorly written" and "Kevin J. Anderson"...
    :p
  23. jedi2187leia Jedi Master

star 4

Ironic, too, that it was KJA that got Hambly involved in the Star Wars universe in the first place.
  24. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight

star 6

Shameless plug: Click the link in my sig!!
  25. rhi-sparks Jedi Knight

star 5
    I stick with not liking KJA very much.
    But I do like Hambly,just not as much as Zahn!
    :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth