main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Callista Fans!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Callista Sunrider, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Ah, but now there's that interesting rumor about making Episodes 7,8, and 9. I had a feeling that would come up, towards the end of this trilogy. Let's face it guys, there's no life without the possibility of more Star Wars on the horizon so, whether it's true or not, I know I have a reason to keep living!!! ;)

2. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    There's plans for making Episodes 7-9? Cool! :D Is that official, or just rumors? Does anyone have a link to this?

3. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Woohoo! Page 34!

:D

4. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It's most likely a rumor, an interview with the person that played Chewie, didn't see the interview myself. He coudl have been misquoted or simply said that if a sequel trilogy was made he would be undercontract to play the role again.

5. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Yes, that's what I think. It would be cool, though.

6. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    I'll believe it when either GL or Rick McCallum confirm it.

But if the sequels do get made, what do you guys think will be in them? Will it follow the EU, and maybe have Jacen and Jaina be the main characters, or will Lucas just completely disregard all the books?

7. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    To the top! Check out Falls the Shadow!

8. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Yes, check it out you must! ;)

9. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    ::Announcement!!!!::

This week marks a very momentous event in the history of the Callistars. On March 8th, 2000, Callista Sunrider posted the first line of our first fanfic, What if Callista... which later became Forever Home.

Check out this dinosaur of a link:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=157081&page=1

We've been writing fanfic for four years, everybody! Time to celebrate!

::uncorks champagne and sprays it all around!::

A toast to all my Callistars, old and new, here and gone. Luke and Callista Forever!

10. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    A round of applause for all the Callistars is in order! :D

*cheers*

11. CallistaRieekan

CallistaRieekan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Okay, I've been gone again... what is Falls The Shadow? Sounds like a nifty name for a fanfic.

-CR

12. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Hey, CallistaRieekan!

Falls the Shadow is the fanfic Cara and I are currently working on. It's a trilogy, and a sequel to the original Callista Trilogy we wrote (Forever Home, Maternal Instincts, and Shadowlight). It's set ten years after the Callista Trilogy, in the NJO era. Featured characters include Callista (of course!), Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, Zekk, Tahiri, Kyp Durron, Kirana Ti, Tionne, Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, and Mara Jade (who will play a very important role in the next two books of our trilogy).

Here is a link to the story. Enjoy! :)

13. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Welcome back, CallistaRieekan! We missed you! I'm looking forward to seeing how you like our story. Seriously, check it out!

14. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Happy Easter, Callista Fans!!! :D

15. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    just curious. I love Mara Jade and was exstatic when they got together. Why do you love Callista? I never liked her. I'm not trying to start a war but I'm curious noone I know likes Callista we all like Mara.

16. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Welcome, Rogue!

Speaking for myself, I think most people don't like Callista because of the way Kevin J. Anderson portrayed her, and unfortunately his portrayal of her came at a pivotal time in the story arc.

I prefer the Callista written by Barbara Hambly (who I also know people don't like--her writing is more poeticly constructed than Star Wars is intended to be), and I think she intended her character to be strong, willfull, and not entirely unlike Mara Jade, really. Again, it was KJA who screwed things up (but at least he spared us continual references to "rain-gray eyes") ;)

In the end, I think it's just a difference in tastes. I like Mara Jade, too, and I'm glad they ultimately ended up together. But still it would be interesting to think about what would have happened if Callista had stuck around. I guess that's why we write the fanfiction we do.

Does that help?

17. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Thanks. I thought some Callista nuts would jump me but that helps.

18. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Nah, don't worry about it. We don't attack people who ask nicely. ;)

19. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    rogue_wookiee, what is it about Callista that you don't like?

20. NeoStar9

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I've decided to take my hand at writing a star wars fan fic. My first attempt was years ago but since then my writing skills have greatly approved but even then my characters were original. This time around I plan on doing a mix of original characters with some of the movie and EU characters. One of the more import aspects of my story or the backdrop of my story will be that Luke and Callista are married with children instead of Luke and Mara and the events of the NJO won't have taken place. In fact several events won't have taken place after the events of Children of the Jedi which is where I'll be starting my story shortly after. Due to that I'm currently rereading my copy of Children of the Jedi. I couldn't find it for the longest time. I want to get her correct, plus its for my own enjoyment and now I can finally getting around to checking out the Callista fan fics that are out now that school is over and that my summer classes are only during the day.

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I think that the best thing you can do to get Callista's character right is to ignore everything Kevin J. Anderson wrote about her completely. He had her comepletely wrong and most of the apathy for her character can be attributed to the way he portrayed her in Darksaber. And I think most people will agree with me on that.

22. NeoStar9

Mar 12, 2002
    I have to agree with that. A shame so many people don't even bother reading COJ to find out what she is like but just go on what is in KJA book or go on what other people have said and jump on the bandwagon in a way.

23. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Stupid bandwagon. GRRRR!

24. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Welcome to the Callista fans club, NeoStar9! It's always great to see another L/C shipper. :)

25. NeoStar9

Mar 12, 2002
    Glad to be here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.