main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Callista Fans!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Callista Sunrider, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    So...Revenge of the Sith, huh? What do you guys think?

2. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    ::brushes over a years worth of not posting dust off:

HI GANG!!!
    ::starts sings:: What's the buzz? Tell me what's ahappin' What the buzz? Tell me what's ahappin'.....

:) :D :) :D :)

I was at 'Half Price Books' the other night with my hunny, and I wandered into the Star Wars corner, and pawed through some old favorites, which made me think - "Gee, I haven't heard from the Callistars lately. I should go check on them."

And here I am. Tadaaaaaaa!!!!

Honestly I'm realived that this thread is still here (what with Callista thread past histories....lol). Hey Cara... do you ever hear from 15?? If so, tell him I said hi.

Ok, that's about all for me...... anybody wanna talk about, my email is in my profile.

Love, Luke and Callista Forver!
    -LadyCallie

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    She's back! Hello!!!!!!

Yes, I do talk to 15 quite a bit, but I think GeithJiseo sees him more than I do, ;)

I'm so glad you're back!

4. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    Still trying to navigate my way through this place! It doesn't seem to follow the same format as any forums I'm used to! *grins* course not like I'm used to that many forums anyway.

I'm so lost! =)

Just wanted to say hi, and jump in head first! I've been a Callie fan for ages but I'm going through one of those re-birth phases where you pull out all the novels and read them again, so here I am!

I can see I have A LOT of back reading to catch up on if I'm gonna understand anything ya'll are talking about.

But... *big frown* it looks like all active posting was in the past. If anyone feels like responding I'd be most definitely thrilled.

5. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    ooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo....I am the ghost of the Callista Fans thread...I have been guarding this place for many years, waiting for those who would post...you are welcome here, young fan. Those who came before have passed on to other realms, perhaps to return one day. You are welcome to return here yourself as often as you please, to confer with those who may pass through...

Hahahaha...God, I'm sleep deprived.

Hey, I'm just saying that there aren't many people here any more, but I check in every once in a while, just in case. The others do too.

Welcome aboard!

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I could use some Callista fans to review my first fanfic. It is called Callista's Quest and it can be found at the following link:

http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/17538044/?1

I would love some feedback! :)

[face_monkey]

7. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Whatever happened to Falls the Shadow?

8. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    A combination of Darth Real Life and a Dark Lack of Audience put it on indefinite hiatus. GeithJiseo and I have gotten really busy with school and work and we haven't had much time to work on it. :(

9. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    New fan fic. Will have to check out. Real life has gotten in the way of me trying to finish mine. :( I'm hoping I'll get a chance to work on it over the month since I'm out of school until the mid of Jan.

10. Geith_Jiseo

Geith_Jiseo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Hey, everyone! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did! :D

Luke/Callista Forever!

11. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. :)

12. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Happy Holidays everyone! Here's to a great new year!

13. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    Happy 2005, Callistars! :D

14. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Happy New Year, everyone! And in celebration of the new year, Geith and I are pleased to announce that Falls the Shadow is back underway! Expect fresh posts soon!

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Even though Callista was around for only a little while in the SW novels, I did like the character. Children of the Jedi remains one of my favourites due to the scenes aboard the Eye of Palpatine.

I was pleasently surprised to see the novels catch up with the Ismaren's in the NJO books, so I still hold out hope that Callista will emerge eventually in a new book one of these days. Thankfully, she still gets name-checks every so often, in quite a few novels...so they still seem to have her in mind.

16. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Ello happy peoples =) *grins* I'm just in a good mood cause I accidently lost my uni id card and I can't go to the gym like I planned. I feel bad if I plan to go the gym and don't but if matters outwith my control force me not to go, then it's all good! =)

Anyhoo, have a question for ya'll! I'm trying to write some Callie stuff and I'm wondering if I need to make up back info for her. (I'm rereading the Callie tril but I'm not patient enough to finish and see if it's in there somewhere) ie, does she have a real last name somewhere? Ming obviously comes from her new host body Cray Mingla, but I've seen a few other ideas out there.. any comment? =)

I'm also doing some fanart... (yeah.. I'm way over ambitious this week, but exams are over for a little while and since I just rewatched my SW dvds I'm all in the star wars mood)... of Callista, and I was interested in which actress/model/any female I can see a picture of you think has some good Callie traits. I've decided that since I can't find any art of Callie I like I'd best make some of my own!! (ugh... my art teacher would roll in her grave if she was dead!! I'm the type to draw 40% of 40 pictures and never finish any of them. It's gonna be great if I die,.. the "unfinished works" of... and it's up the entire studio. hehe..

ooops! just noticed I'm rambling! Sorry! It's cold in the lab and I've got 3 hours till my next lecture!

soo *grins* yeah.. comments and suggestions greatly appreciated!! =) =)

17. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    Hey there, Callie_Skye! Love your fanfic so far. :D

Anyhoo, have a question for ya'll! I'm trying to write some Callie stuff and I'm wondering if I need to make up back info for her. (I'm rereading the Callie tril but I'm not patient enough to finish and see if it's in there somewhere) ie, does she have a real last name somewhere? Ming obviously comes from her new host body Cray Mingla, but I've seen a few other ideas out there.. any comment? =)

Speaking of our Callista Trilogy, I'm planning on re-posting the "finished" versions pretty soon, after I'm done with Mer Girl, if you're ever interested in reading them. Then our new trilogy, Falls the Shadow (which is basically our version of the NJO series) will be posted after that.

As for Callista, the books never went into much detail about her background, other than she was from Chad, she had an uncle named Claine, she was trained by Djinn Altis, and some stuff about Geith, too. Most of her background that Cara and I wrote in our trilogy was made up (her mother's suicide, her family, her training on the Chu'unthor, her daughter Kara, etc.). If you want, you can just make something up entirely. In some way, I like that better, as it allows more creative freedom. :)

I'm also doing some fanart... (yeah.. I'm way over ambitious this week, but exams are over for a little while and since I just rewatched my SW dvds I'm all in the star wars mood)... of Callista, and I was interested in which actress/model/any female I can see a picture of you think has some good Callie traits.

Cara and I both think that the best actress for Callista is none other than the amazing, gorgeous, and otherworldly Angelina Jolie. [face_love]

Hope some of this helps, and I look forward to reading more of your story. :)

18. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    I was reading COTJ on the train today and I've very miffed that I have so much german homework due in tomorrow. (I'd rather be reading! The jawa recently gave Luke the lightsaber and if I remember correctly Callista should be making her debut in a few pages! (if you don't count the Han and Leia subplot) derr... I really should be finishing that german translation.. hmpf.. it's very unpleasent. None of ya'll are fluent in german are ya? *wishful thinking*

Angelina you say.. hmmmm... I can see that... well Luke did say she must have large hands and long reach so that would fit. Thanks! I will definitely incorporate it! =)

oh btw, I'm hoping to post another chunk of story this weekend, as long as the rat dissection I have to watch on Friday doesn't make me want to curl up and die for the rest of the weekend. *shudders*

19. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in German. I took German for three years in high school, but never really learned anything other than "Guten Tag!" and "Was ist los?" Now that I look back, I really should've taken Spanish instead, since I live in Southern California.

I look forward to more of your story, Callie_Skye! And rat dissection...yikes! I remember when I had to dissect this really long worm in Biology class. It was like three feet long!!! I also had to dissect a baby pig. [face_sick]

Oh, and to keep this post sort of on-topic...Luke/Callista Forever! Down with Mara! :p

20. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Must ... turn forum... off.. MUST stop procrastinating,... urgh MUST be... PROductive... *collaspes---insert new commmand function* MUST READ Children of the Jedi again!!! woohoo!

Can you tell I'm having a little trouble focusing today?

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey everyone!

I'm sorry, FTS is so close to being finished but Disney is kicking my butt! (For those of you who don't know, I work at Disney World as a character performer) But I hope to finish the rest very soon so we can tell you all how the story ends! Hehehehehehe...

Callie_Skye, there is a fabulous picture of Callista in the West End Adventure Journal story "Murder in Slushtime." I'm trying to find the picture, but for some reason it's disappeared. I know there's a version of it on JediCallie's website:

http://jedicallie.tripod.com/

Check it out, plus any pictures of Angelina Jolie you can find (and those are definitely in more supply!)

22. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    LOL, Callista_Skye! [face_laugh]

I really need to go buy COTJ again. That was such a good book. And POT, too, just for the Callista and Leia scenes. I think I'll avoid Darksaber, though, at all costs. That book makes me ill. [face_sick]

EDIT: Hey there, Cara! Long time, no see! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] Did you get my e-card, btw? ;)

23. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Yes Darksaber = evil but I'm probably gonna reread it anyway, I seem to have repressed the entire plot line and can only remember that it made me mad. I bought a really lovely hardcover version of it on ebay for £2 when I was filling in the blanks of my SW book collection.

Cara- ahh Disney. I somehow managed to live less than 35 minutes away until I was 18 and never managed to go!! Guess I should make a point next time I'm home. People seem oddly disconcerted when they meet a floridian who's never been, like the sky is falling or something.

OI!! I really must go. Really. erm. I'm going. Really. I mean it. Honestly....

24. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    I seem to have repressed the entire plot line and can only remember that it made me mad.

All I can remember from that stupid book was Callista acting all whiny and shrieky, Daala being a clueless idiot, Bevel Lemelisk getting eaten by bees, and the stupid Darksaber not even working. That's enough for me to avoid it.

25. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Amen to that! Down with KJA!

Geith, thank you for the e-card! It was fabulous! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.