main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Callousness?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by lorn_zahl, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002

Something dawned after I watched AOTC and read that wonderful thread on the tactical blunder of the arena engagement. Obi Wan mentions at the end that it would not have been a victory without the clones and Yoda scolds him.

After so many Jedi die (around 200), how could one say such a thing? Don't get me wrong, Obi is my favorite character but this just strikes me as an odd thing to say considering what they just went through. I personally think this scene illustrates whats wrong with the Jedi, to detached from emotion they are and I'm not going to draw any grand conclusions but it's something to consider.

Thoughts?

2. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    But Obi-Wan is right, without the Clone Army it would have been a defeat. All of the Jedi would have been wiped out. Except two (Yoda & Anakin). I say this because, Anakin cannot die, he is the Chosen One. Yoda, is just that damn good.

Now, the Jedi are detached from emotion, but they do care for their comrades (Obi-Wan checking that one Jedi's pulse in the Geonosis Arena). It couldnt hurt for them to be more involved in caring for the other Jedi, but that is how the Jedi Order has worked for thousands of years.

3. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Well, Obi Wan, Anakin and Padme survived what was looking like certain doom.
    Dooku was on the run, and not quite victorious.
    Ben was looking at victory in the short term, while Yoda had the foresight
    to look at the consequences ahead.

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Well think if the clones never showed up, Dooku pretty much said himself that though the Jedi had fought bravely,they didn't have a chance.

All Jedi would've died,except Anakin and Yoda,like someone else said. However my reasons are different.

Anakin-yea,he's the chosen one. But Dooku was under strict orders not to destroy skywalker,just to bring out the anger in him. The line 'set phasers to stun' pops in my head.

Yoda-He could probably take on alot of droids,but eventually the blaster fire would be too much. But he still wouldn't have died,because he arrived with the clones. Had the clones never came,he wouldn't have arrived.

But the clones atleast took out most of the droids,because the Jedi
    were unmatched,they needed more on their side to atleast have some of them survive. Thats why the clones made the battle a victory.

Obi Wan is talking about the battle that just took place,their were some survivors and after the clones, they atleast gave the seperatists a taste of their own medicine. Yoda,however sees that the clone wars have started because of the battle of Geonosis,and he knows how horrible the war will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.