main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Calypso's Raider - Pirates of the Caribbean.... in SPACE!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Reynar_Tedros, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Yana Ilim

Right as she finished adjusting the necklace so it wasn't pulling tight on the back of her neck and was about to leave the room, when she heard someone clearing their throat behind her.

"Uh...heh..hi there? You in this room too then?"

Yana stiffened, freezing in place for a moment before slowly turning to see who was there. A man, maybe a few years younger than herself and with the same coloring of the skin, though a slight blush across his face. She blinked in surprise at him and looked about the room, uncomfortably as she thought of what to say.

"Uh...I suppose so. I...didn't know anyone was in here..." She stated quietly and looked his face over. In the very short amount of time she had been onboard, she hadn't really met any of the other crew members.

Tag: Tristan

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Yamato

An hour after Yamato had closed his eyes, they opened again. A thin, steady breath escaped his nose as his eyes adjusted. As was his custom, he scanned the room for people. As usual it was void of any life, save his own.

He slowly stood, so as to not make himself dizzy with the sudden rush of blood to his brain. His right hand reached up and straightened his bandana, before he left his room. Space was cold. Being without a longsleeved garment was mostly a bad idea. Yamato traditionaly wore his tight sleevless shirt. For some reason the cold did not bother him much. He could withstand it's bite for quite some time without feeling uncomfortable. Eventually one just got used to the cold.

The pirate made his way out, through the hallways and to the largest open area possible, the cargo hold.

He untucked his shirt and pulled it off. He didn't want to get it dirty with the workout about to start. Yamato moved to push several crates out of the way, making a circular open space on the floor around him. His mind began to slow as movements came to him. His feet slid apart slowly. His right arm extended behind him and came into a drawing motion, across his chest, the muscles in his back flexing and stretching with the movement. Every movement slow. Deliberate.

His right hand found itself on the hilt of Oni Ken. His eyes slowly moved down to gaze at the hilt. Faster than the eye could see, the blade was straight out in front of him, pointed up in the air.

SHHHHHHHHHHHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The echo bounced off the walls and came back to Yamato's ears over and over again. That was his favorite sound in the world.

And then Yamato's body began to move wildly. Slashing this way and that against a horde of invisible enemies. His huge blade whirling so quick in the air it was nothing but a silver memory. An onlooker would track the blade only by seeing the echo of the image in where it was moments before. Yamato began launching into a flurry of spinning round house kicks, integrating his body into his sword form. The speed of which his sword was moving was creating a constant thumping sound in the air. His sword arm shot up and slammed the hilt into his own throat, it spun around completely without harming him. As it completed it's revolution, Yamato caught it again and let it continue to spin in his palm as he lifted it above his head.

He bent over and twisted the sword behind his back, bringing it up in his left hand and continuing his form. Finally, Yamato reached the end and had his long blade up in the air, spinning by itself after a light toss. Another roundhouse kick and he landed as if he had a hammer in his right hand, swinging down with nothing to kill his invisible foe. The hilt slapped into his hand even as he was moving and came slashing down in a powerful strike that would probably put a hole in the deck he was standing on.

The tip stopped an inch from the floor.... leaving the metallic ring in the air once more.

shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Yamato let out a breath. His heart was beating rapidly. Sweat dotted his naked torso. His sword arm came up and he inspected his sword and his hand. His hand held the heavy sword as if it were nothing. Steady as stone.

Good... 3 more times and I will be done...

Yamato began to whirl again in complex movements...

tag any.

3. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Edward Deacon
    Camalus

Edward leaned back and blew a puff of smoke. His tapped his wrench in time with the music, near loud enough to shatter a diamond. The cylindrical shape of his newly lit cigar, hung precariously at the tip of his lips. With every mouthed lyric it threatened to fall loose of his mouth. As if anticipating the nigh disaster, Edward wrapped his spindly fingers around the cigar and pulled it free of his teeth. Spitting a glorious wad of saliva from his mouth, Edward blew a smoke ring and surveyed his work. He smiled and replaced his cigar.

Perched before him, in all of it?s magnificence, lay a perfectly vintage hover-car. A sleek candy red, the beautiful piece of machinery was the essence of the Golden Era. Even Edward Deacon, a rich boy runaway brat from Hera, could appreciate the masterful craftsmanship of such a classic. And, what a classic it was. And yet, nothing came without it?s own flaws. Namely limited holdout in space. And that was a vital part of his plan, escaping Camalus, the planet he had been stranded on for three weeks.

But, that was before he had found his beauty. As garbage, it was radiant. A star of it?s accord, Edward hadn?t a choice but to take it in and shelter it. After patching it?s sores, Edward was testing his mettle against turning her into a space-worthy craft. It was a project, to be sure, but not one that Edward had taken on lightly. It had been 48 hours, since he had even seen sheets. He had also managed to find a few other stints along the way.

Edward was currently running on stale coffee and the pounding that the music was incurring in his temples. In the last three days, Edward had garnered eleven complaints, but he continued, not phased in the slightest. No one gave a **** what you did in the poor district. Even on a harmonic planet like Camalus; poverty was still poverty, and rich bastards remained true to their nature.

Edward had rented a small flat about a week ago, blowing his food money. He had no idea how he was going to keep paying for rent, so he was hoping that he could be seeing stars by the time payment day came around. Getting vittles, was less of a problem, because Edward was no stranger to late night prowling. He had scouted out a house, a few blocks away, that had three fruit trees growing behind it. And, he could kick down a few doors to fill the rest of his spacious diet.

No, his only qualm was the magnitude of work that his little sky-honey was asking of him. Edward was jumping at whispers of wind and creaks of doors. His nerves were shot and he was nearly at breaking point. But, he had a deadline. So, he worked around his snappy attitude and irritability. He tried to shoulder past his growing sense of dread that despite his commitment, he would never get his ship sky-worthy. That he would never join a pirate crew and would forever be denied endless plunder and all that. It was a kid?s dream, but Edward didn?t want to let go of his fading childhood just yet.

Edward, giving into his anger, threw his a screwdriver down and pushed his cigar into a smoking ash tray. Edward hurriedly covered his baby with a sheet and stepped out of his tiny garage. With trembling hands, Edward succumbed to the call of his cigarette pack. He flipped open his lighter and lit up. A cool wave of toxins calmed Edward?s tremors and soothed his aching head. The drugs could do nothing to wipe his fear of failure, though. It roamed unchecked, wreaking havoc on Edward?s already stretched mind. The Deacon boy traced a path to the richer district of Camalus.

Tag: You know, whoever and stuff. I figure it will be a while before you folks show up here, so I am making myself comfortable. No rush.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Annabel Jones

Annabel smiled, so icily cool that one would have sworn the temperature had just dropped about ten degrees. Cheeky, she thought, wishing that he was within reach of her fists. Maybe I'll just suffocate you in your sleep, how about that?

"Be careful what you wish for, Captain. I've killed men for saying less."

She looked him dead in the eye. You remember this, Dario Bastion. I never forget a mark against me. This time, there was no smile.

But as swiftly as the moment came, so too did it pass. Annabel was suddenly her usual, sultry self, which in itself could be more terrifying than her "I kill for sport" phases. It wasn't the slinky way her hips moved, it was the way she went from killer to killer queen.

"And I'm flattered that you think of me that way, Captain Bastion, but office romances rarely work out. I wouldn't want to be a distraction. Now, you're really going to have to let me out of this cell if I'm to be of any use."

Annabel Jones enjoyed this game too much.

Tag: Reynar

5. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    Reynar Approved

*Name: Jerome Grant

*Nickname: Dozer

*Homeworld: Kronos

*Appearance: A large, hulking black man with bulging muscles. He has a thin black frohawk hairstyle with a tigress cut beard and a large diamond earring in his left earlobe. Myriad tattoos line his arms and back. He mostly wears a black tanktop with dark jeans and heavy boots.

*Personality: Quiet, only speaks when necessary. Hates cold weather.

*Backstory: Jerome "Dozer" Grant was born on Kronos beneath the neon lights of Big Willy's, a notorious bar that housed gangsters, hustlers, and pimps. His mother was a poor prostitute who spent what little money she had on gambling and drugs, raising her son in a deprived home.

After his mother died, Jerome, at the age of seventeen, left his home and moved to the busiest city in Kronos to become a bouncer. It was here that he garnered the alias "Dozer" thanks to his dominating stature, and also learned to keep his mouth shut.

At the bar one night, a fight broke out between two men, one of them the captain of a pirate ship. Seeking to leave Kronos, Dozer assisted the pirate in the fight, and was introduced to Dario Bastion. Now, Dozer sails the stars on Calypso's Raider, seeking to escape his unfortunate past.

*Miscellaneous: Is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat, having inflicted a myriad of broken bones as a bouncer on Kronos. However, he is a poor shot with a gun, mostly because he's never had to use one.

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Tristan Andrews III IC:
    Location ~Personal Quarters, Calypso's Raider

Tristan straightened his glasses nervously as he watched the woman stiffen at the sound of his voice. When she murmured that she hadn't known anyone was there he chuckled a bit.

"Yeah...heh...been here the whole time, actually. Was resting then reading my book and then you waltzed in," he took a breath, "so uh...what's your name and how long you been with us?"

Tag: Yana

7. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Yana Ilim

"Yeah...heh...been here the whole time, actually. Was resting then reading my book and then you waltzed in," he took a breath, "so uh...what's your name and how long you been with us?"

Yana blinked once at him. Here...the whole time...? Why hadn't I seen him there in the first place? She let out a small sigh. That will have to be fixed in the future, but for now, she was asked two questions.

"Um...I'm Yana. Been on here for only a few days...pretty new here." She gave a small, rather uncomfortable chuckle at her comment, looking about the room briefly. "You been here for a while?"

8. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Tristan Andrews III IC:
    Location ~Personal Quarters, Calypso's Raider

Tristan gave an awkward chuckle, almost mirroring Yana's own. "I see, that would...um...explain a few things. Been here a couple months or so myself...oh, I'm Tristan by the way. Tristan Andrews the third," he said though with a disgusted look when mentioning his full name.

Tristan stood up from where he was and stretched a little, keeping a nervous glance trained on the woman, whose features he took in quietly. Not in a sly way, just an observant one.

"So where are you headed? If you don't mind, I could use some getting out of this room right now myself."

Tag: Yana

9. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Zeph Skybreaker
    Bridge, Calypso's Raider

Zeph's nose twitched as a familiar scent wafted onto the bridge. Having thought about it, he realized that it had been a while since he'd finished his cup of coffee. Someone must have noticed Zeph was out and was on their way to bring him a new one.

"Finally!" he called out. He spun around in his seat, keeping one hand on the controls so as not to throw the Raider off course. "I was wondering how long it would take before someone noticed I was out of--oh, it's you," Zeph muttered as he saw Jayson Bryce step onto the bridge. He nodded toward the cup of coffee in the gunhand's...er, hand. "Thought that was for me."

He turned forward again, leaning back lazily in his chair and going back to concentrating on flying the ship. "So, what brings you up here, Brycie? Gettin' antsy with all the nothing to shoot at out here?"

Tag: Darth_Vaders_cousin

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Yana Ilim

"I see, that would...um...explain a few things. Been here a couple months or so myself...oh, I'm Tristan by the way. Tristan Andrews the third,"

Tristan Andrews the third? That was an interesting name for sure, but besides the captain of the ship, he was the only name she knew. Only a small and brief smile dared to cross her lips. He seemed to be okay, but she knew that the first meeting was more of a first impression. Nothing real to go off of, or at least that's how she saw it.

Yana blushed a small amount when Tristan looked her face over. It was obvious it wasn't like that, but still.

"So where are you headed? If you don't mind, I could use some getting out of this room right now myself."

"Well, I guess we're going to be arriving on Camalus soon...so we need to prepared and ready to leave..." She wasn't quite sure what she got herself into, but she did need the money. "Will you be coming...Tristan?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.