main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camcorders in mind???

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Fbar58, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fbar58

Fbar58 Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    In the time would be reading this, you could be saving money on car insurance... lol

im looking for a good camcorders... maybe not a extreme xpensive one, maybe one that is good qual, but that one cause me a grande of cash...($200-$600) maybe more i dunno, mostly for fx projects... and some stuff other... fam memories haha... please help if ya can...

peace

2. gallion311

gallion311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    First off note that in that price range, while you can get a decent camera; it will still have elements of digital noise, and artifacts in the movie.

I find that you kind of have to break the $1500 range before you can get clear video.

Id suggest looking at Panasonics GS series, the GS 120 starts at $700.

Also take a look at Canons Optura Series. Near as I can tell those are your best bets, as far as a step up from normal quality.

gallion311

3. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Note: Panasonic GS65 list is $599 - a nice little 3CCD cam. I'd recommend www.camcorderinfo.com as a decent review site for little camcorders.

-Spiff

4. D_Alexander

D_Alexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    I'm waiting for the Canon 800 series to come out. The MV800i is looking pretty good. I already have a MV600i, which is a nice easy camera to use, but the 800's will have 16:9. So you won't get that camcorder look. Ofcourse you'll probably still have to collorcorrect your footage.

I'm not sure what's it gonna cost, though. I suspect it to be around $800.

5. Fbar58

Fbar58 Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    schweet ill check all of those out...

6. Krintar

Krintar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    "but the 800's will have 16:9"
    The 700's have 16:9.

7. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    EbIzle
    thats ghetto talk for ebay

8. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    "I find that you kind of have to break the $1500 range before you can get clear video."

Nope, not true at all. Lighting is the key to great looking footage.

Well considering this was done on a cheap 300 dollar camera www.brandonmiletta.com/coke.html (of course this is low quality and the sound is messed up because of compression, but on a 67" widescreen TV it looks just as good as true film) then dont worry about what everyone else says. A TRUE film camera will cost you an arm and a leg. Your best bet is to use a MiniDV format and use good lighing then edit it up a bit to make it look better.

REMEMBER people will tolerate crappy video quality, but they wont tolerate crappy audio. So if anything just make sure you edit the audio after you film to make it good (always edit in some ambient sound) and your work will come out looking great.

9. Fbar58

Fbar58 Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    aye see... well .. see when i key in the lightsabers... the light saber is mega good qual, so it looks a little weird... with a web cam... anyway... i dont mind space as much as qual.... this guy at my church at a awesome qual mini cam ... not sure what it was... but it was like.. digital and stuff... any way... im doing 2 things... making a webtoon website ... sorta like homestarrunner... and making effects videos... and stuff... just for fun i guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.