main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camelot

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    New drama starting tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.
    It's in 10 parts like Pillars of the Earth was, seems to have a decent cast too (Eva Green, Jospeh Fiennes, James Purefoy, Sean Pertwee).
    It's described as The Tudors meets Merlin, but given the story of King Arthur is a legend it doesn't have to conform to historical accuracy and therefore is not open to the level of scrutiny a show like The Tudors was.

I enjoyed Pillars of the Earth despite it being too long, Athurian legend appeals much more to me so I hope this proves to be enjoyable the way BBC's Merlin series has been.

[image=http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/camelot-460x306.jpg]

First episode is a 2hour feature, anyone going to watch this?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably tape it. I'd fall asleep in the middle if I tried to watch.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's certainly well acted and moves at a decent pace, but it does seem a bit confused as to whether it wants to go for the fantasy or realism aspect of the Arthurian legend and then tries to do both and doesn't manage so well.

Eva Green is good and looks lovely as is expected, I find the guy playing Arthur a bit annoying though.

Perfectly watchable stuff.

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Post Watershed start?

Guessing it's a rather...mature themed program.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, lots of violence and nudity (especially from Eva Green)
    I'm sure it's your sort of thing Sie :p

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    after being spoiled by GOT I thought this was poor and really struggled to watch it.

It's still on my sky+ though so once GOT is over I'll leave it a couple of weeks and try again

7. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I enjou it but it's very much like the tudors. Eva Green is a brilliant Morgan she makes it worth watching just to see her scheme against Arthur who seems to be channeling Anakin Skywalker :)

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think I read that this was cancelled after one season in the US. I've watched the first episode on VHS and can't say I'm real impressed. I might just skip the others I taped.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sticking to the end just to see how they alter the Arthur legend considering how much the show has already messed around with it.

Apart from the veteran actors the cast aren't particularly engaging, half the time they seem bored or the actors look confused. Joseph Fiennes spouts the same stuff every week and I'm getting fed up with his lack of magic.

The Tudors was much better, at least everyone could act well.

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Game of Thrones being released at the same time as this ruined any chances of Camelot going anywhere. The production quality of GoT pissed all over Camelot and I couldn't even bring myself to watch it.

It was dire in comparison

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I missed taping last week's episode as there was something else opposite it. I've just been fast-forwarding through the older episodes I taped. Life is too short..

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Nor a bad show. I'm also very spoiled by GoT, butI'll never complain to see more fantasy on screen. :) I haven't seen anything past 3rd episode, need to catch up. Also, Eva Green is brilliant as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.