main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camera and motion sounds

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by No-ShadowKick, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No-ShadowKick

No-ShadowKick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Hello everyone

I was wondering where i can find some cameramovement sounds and motionsounds.

You know those sounds when the camera is moving or zooming. I know it was used in the matrix(bullit time) and in Pa Wars(zoom in on qui-stay gon when fighting producer).

Swish
    ffffFFFFFFFffff
    zoooom
    shhhhhhhhhoooo

2. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Alright, I know you're new at this stuff so I'm going to give you a very helpful tip. Don't look for everything on the internet. You can do a search for these sounds on search engines. Though, the best way to get these sounds is to record them yourself.
    Find someone that has some decent audio equipment, a microphone and a computer is fine these days. Get in a car, drive by an oject and you will get a "woosh" noise.
    I am telling you this from an experienced point of view. Recording and creating your own stuff can be a lot of fun! Sometimes frustrating, but fun and original. Plus you won't hear people say, "Hey, didn't I see/hear that on that movie?!"

3. webwiz03

webwiz03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    "Don't look for everything on the internet. You can do a search for these sounds on search engines."

Hmm... search engines. Search engines that search... the internet. Exactly the place not to look for sounds, evidently.

I confused [face_plain]

Regards,
    Kai

BTW, just giving you a hard time :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention that SoundDogs has a bunch of excellent, high-quality sounds. Unfortunately, you have to pay for them. But it's okay, they're only about $5 bucks a piece :p

4. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    WEll, I hate to disagree, Brokenglass, but a car just sounds like a car. Now if you edit it... thats a different case entirely. Or why not use a base sound and create a new one yourself?

Carl

5. No-ShadowKick

No-ShadowKick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Okay

Paying for sounds is not what i tought of.
    Ofcourse when i become a famus director i'll be willing to pay for sounds :p

And recording my own sound can be very difficult . Especially for me , i'm no good with sounds .Heck , i cant even place sabersounds right in my editing program .

6. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Just an example: I recorded the noise of the fan in my pc (that thing which cools the whole system), lowered the pitch and added much bass to it (both done in "cool edit"). Now I´m using it as the engine sound of a star destroyer in my movie. It sure sounds sweet and really gives the impression of something veeery big passing by.

7. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    No, Carl we were talking about recording the sound of objects whipping by a car. Any time an object passes the camera the sound of the air moving is always exagerated. That's what we thought he wanted.
    So if you wanted a generic sound of something moving past the camera, simply record to going by quickly. Well, even at 3 mph you'd be able to hear it.
    We weren't suggesting he record a car and use that! The base sound idea is a good one. Every once and again our sound library comes up short. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.